Today I Discovered...

Gustavo Wombat

Apr 24, 2017, 6:25:48 AM4/24/17
CW Shockwave can mount on CW Onslaught's shoulder. I have no idea whether
this is documented or intentional.

The weird dual peg handle fits right where the arms of Bruticus would
attach, with the spring loaded piece holding it in place. Shockwave's chest
is right in front of Onslaught's shoulder, just barely avoiding getting in
the way.

Onslaught also looks pretty good with a shoulder cannon.

This doesn't work with Hot Spot or the Ladies, since the piece that covers
the arm socket has a different shape.

Ultra Magnotron

May 8, 2017, 11:21:15 PM5/8/17
Why we never went out for a beer when there was ample opportunity is beyond me. You're definitely the type of person I could hang with because you're just that awesome.

Is that weird to say out loud?? Welp. It's done.

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

May 9, 2017, 12:46:50 AM5/9/17
I just discovered that movie 4 Evasion mode Prime stole DOTM Megatron's shotgun, and that's why we didn't get a shotgun with Megatron.

I also still think every version of Silver Knight op is beyond ugly, and mostly because of the prominently displayed exhaust pipes being hollow.

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

May 9, 2017, 4:36:26 AM5/9/17
On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> Why we never went out for a beer when there was ample opportunity is beyond me. You're definitely the type of person I could hang with because you're just that awesome.
>
> Is that weird to say out loud?? Welp. It's done.

Well, as Deathy proved without a doubt, we are the same person... so there's that whole drinking alone problem.

Ultra Magnotron

May 9, 2017, 10:36:09 AM5/9/17
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 1:36:26 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> Well, as Deathy proved without a doubt, we are the same person... so there's that whole drinking alone problem.

Oh, yeah. I remember that. He ever come back?

Zobovor

May 9, 2017, 5:48:39 PM5/9/17
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 8:36:09 AM UTC-6, Ultra Magnotron wrote:

> Oh, yeah. I remember that. He ever come back?

Haven't seen him in years. Honestly, I never thought he'd actually leave.

Zob (just for fun, though, sometimes I reply to my own posts and then I'm reminded of good ol' Deathy)

banzait...@gmail.com

May 9, 2017, 10:33:15 PM5/9/17
After watching a couple episodes with my 6 year old, I realized Transformers Prime is the best transformers related animated series ever. Yes, sigh, even better than G1.

-Banzaitron

Ultra Magnotron

May 9, 2017, 11:03:29 PM5/9/17
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 7:33:15 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> After watching a couple episodes with my 6 year old, I realized Transformers Prime is the best transformers related animated series ever. Yes, sigh, even better than G1.
>
> -Banzaitron

Ok, so I don't know if it's better than G1... because that series is pretty sacred to me.

However! It is the best damn TF animated series since Beast Wars. I know transfans are divided on Beast Wars. I mean am I mistaken when I say they either loved it or hated it? I don't see many in-between comments.

Everything else is crap. Even the continuation of Prime, Robots in Disguise (2015?), is pretty unwatchable for me. And I LOVED Prime.

If they could only produce another cartoon as good as Prime one of these days. I'm beginning to lose hope of that ever happening because Hasbro seems to want the next series to tie-in to the movies... or that's a nasty rumor I read somewhere in deep dark corners of the Internet.

banzait...@gmail.com

May 10, 2017, 12:12:55 AM5/10/17
You definitely have to dissasociate g1 from its classic nature, and also its childhood imprint for the claim to hold. Otherwise, g1 is untouchable. Tf prime is just so well done, and so consistent. I am not sure there is a terrible episode. I don't think beast wars has held up over time. It was groundbreaking for its time, but just seems dated and slow by today's standards. I'm not sure I could stand to binge watch an entire season of beast wars like I can with prime.

-Banzaitron

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

May 11, 2017, 3:46:20 AM5/11/17
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 8:03:29 PM UTC-7, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 7:33:15 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> > After watching a couple episodes with my 6 year old, I realized Transformers Prime is the best transformers related animated series ever. Yes, sigh, even better than G1.
> >
> > -Banzaitron
>
> Ok, so I don't know if it's better than G1... because that series is pretty sacred to me.

G1 is amazingly dated. Good for it's time, but that was a long time ago. And not great for it's time, just good.

I would say that TF:Animated, TF:Prime and Beast Wars were all better than it. But, I'm generally more interested in characters than inconsistent world building and robots fighting.

> However! It is the best damn TF animated series since Beast Wars. I know transfans are divided on Beast Wars. I mean am I mistaken when I say they either loved it or hated it? I don't see many in-between comments.
>
> Everything else is crap.

TF:Animated was a study in how people deal with regret. Optimus, Ratchet, Bumblebee and Prowl all had failed someone in the past, and had a character arc where they learned to accept their failures and live with them.

That's pretty amazing for a cartoon named at 8 year olds. Particularly since it was something young kids were able to pick up on, and criticize Bumblebee for being a terrible person/robot.

The tone wasn't as serious as some of the other series, but it dealt with much more serious issues.

> Even the continuation of Prime, Robots in Disguise (2015?), is pretty unwatchable for me. And I LOVED Prime.

I tried watching PrimeRID, and I just cannot get into it.

TF:Prime, however, was mostly excellent. Jack was one of the most well developed characters in Transformers -- definitely the high point of the show. The episodes without Jack were a little lacking though.

It also came at just about the exact wrong time for me. It was too dark and moody.

> If they could only produce another cartoon as good as Prime one of these days. I'm beginning to lose hope of that ever happening because Hasbro seems to want the next series to tie-in to the movies... or that's a nasty rumor I read somewhere in deep dark corners of the Internet.

I don't think Hasbro cares about the quality of the shows. I mean, what else explains how we can go from Energon, to Animated, to Prime to PrimeRID? They have basically nothing in common, other than that they were all better than the Combiner Wars web series.