Protectabots

已查看 79 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

banzait...@gmail.com

未读,
2015年5月10日 19:40:162015/5/10
收件人
They are here. My local target had absolutely nothing in stock with regard to Combiner Wars except for one First Aid. The CW toy line must be selling well. There were still a bunch of old movie toys, one step garbage, and RID.
Anyways, they are out there, sort of....

I really like the first aid toy. It's kinda pointless to review any of these toys since they are all pretty much the same. Not complaining by any stretch. I do think it odd that he comes with such a barbaric weapon as an axe. His fist also turns into a pretty menacing looking quad-barrel blaster. Impressive, for a pacifist.

-Banzaitron

Zobovor

未读,
2015年5月10日 23:22:022015/5/10
收件人
On Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 5:40:16 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> It's kinda pointless to review any of these toys since they are all pretty
> much the same.

That will in no way stop me from writing a very long and very pointless review once I own them!

> I do think it odd that he comes with such a barbaric weapon as an axe.

It's a medical healing axe. Trust him; he's a doctor.

Zob (this won't hurt... for long)

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

未读,
2015年5月11日 03:25:202015/5/11
收件人
On Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 4:40:16 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> I do think it odd that he comes with such a barbaric weapon as an axe. His fist also turns into a pretty menacing looking quad-barrel blaster. Impressive, for a pacifist.

The axe is for amputating limbs quickly, before the cosmic rust spreads. And the quad barrel blaster is a stun weapon, used to aenesthicize his patients.

I haven't even seen wave 2. Or Arcee and Chromia. I really should just give up on stores.

Shin Hibiki

未读,
2015年5月11日 04:05:372015/5/11
收件人
banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

>My local target had absolutely nothing in stock with regard to Combiner Wars except for one First Aid. The CW toy line must be selling well.

Wow, that's... way ahead of here. Stores here have received
refills of the first wave of CW Deluxe, and that's it. No second wave
(Stunticons), no reissue of the first wave with comic books, and
certainly no Protectobots!

- Shin Hibiki

----
The race ain't over yet, baby
It's only just begun
They thought they had it won, baby
But soon we'll have 'em on the run

banzait...@gmail.com

未读,
2015年5月11日 11:26:172015/5/11
收件人
I agree! I have not seen any stunticons either, sans dragstrip of course. Nor have I seen the re-issues of wave 1. I've had to buy everything from BBTS of late. To the point where I almost passed on the lone first aid since it makes it harder to order from BBTS, since they only have the complete set if you order all four limbs at once. I may end up taking my BBTS First aid back to Target, sigh.
I miss the days of being able to walk into a brick and mortar and finding new toys. Zob, HELP US!

-Banzaitron

Zobovor

未读,
2015年5月11日 21:34:322015/5/11
收件人
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 9:26:17 AM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> I miss the days of being able to walk into a brick and mortar and finding
> new toys. Zob, HELP US!

I won't be of much help, I'm afraid. My store only got two cases of the second-wave Deluxes, and they were shipped to the store by accident! (The shipping label said they were Captain America shields.)

My store is resetting the action figures modular this week. Maybe that will trigger some new product orders.

Zob (not going to hold my breath, though)

No One In Particular

未读,
2015年5月18日 20:27:472015/5/18
收件人
On 5/11/2015 2:25 AM, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> I haven't even seen wave 2. Or Arcee and Chromia. I really should just give up on stores.

Good advice. I never saw Arcee, Chromia, or Windblade in the stores at
all. I finally ordered them from the internet, and was fairly impressed
with two of the three.

Brian

banzait...@gmail.com

未读,
2015年5月20日 09:04:222015/5/20
收件人
Where do you buy from? I strictly use BBTS (for no good reason), but I have read that other places give you points that you can redeem for store credit.

-Banzaitron

Travoltron

未读,
2015年5月21日 00:00:142015/5/21
收件人
A real Groove is being released in Japan:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/first-images-of-unite-warriors-groove-182786/

I'll be getting that set. To this day I have not seen any CW limbs at
retail. I saw CW Optimus once and never again.

mathewi...@gmail.com

未读,
2015年5月21日 17:38:522015/5/21
收件人
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 12:00:14 AM UTC-4, Travoltron wrote:
> A real Groove is being released in Japan:

You mean they screwed up and made a gigantic motorcycle like G1? Pass.

Now if they remold into into Junkions, I might be interested.

Mathew

Zobovor

未读,
2015年5月21日 18:23:212015/5/21
收件人
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 10:00:14 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> A real Groove is being released in Japan

Squee! This makes me really happy. Yes, I get that the Hasbro Groove is smaller and more realistically-to-scale. I don't care. Rook isn't a Protectobot. I love gigantic Groove.

Zob

Zobovor

未读,
2015年5月21日 19:32:072015/5/21
收件人
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 10:00:14 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> I'll be getting that set. To this day I have not seen any CW limbs at
> retail. I saw CW Optimus once and never again.

Optimus and Silverbolt are becoming more common, and I just barely spotted (but have not purchased yet) Motormaster tonight.

They are tricky buggers to find, though, agreed.

Zob (wondering if Unite Warriors Groove is going to be sold by Hasbro at some point)

Neo Thunder

未读,
2015年5月23日 01:10:352015/5/23
收件人
No One In Particular wrote:
> Good advice. I never saw Arcee, Chromia, or Windblade in the stores at
> all. I finally ordered them from the internet, and was fairly impressed
> with two of the three.

Windblade eventually showed up here but we never seem to have gotten
Arcee, Chromia or Brainstorm.

t.k.

Neo Thunder

未读,
2015年5月23日 01:11:302015/5/23
收件人
Zobovor wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 10:00:14 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:
>
>> I'll be getting that set. To this day I have not seen any CW limbs at
>> retail. I saw CW Optimus once and never again.
>
> Optimus and Silverbolt are becoming more common, and I just barely spotted (but have not purchased yet) Motormaster tonight.
>
> They are tricky buggers to find, though, agreed.

Lots of both around here. Especially at TRU.

t.k.

Travoltron

未读,
2015年5月24日 13:17:422015/5/24
收件人
I finally found some yesterday. Got Optimus, since no Japanese release
has been announced. Are there going to be any limbs for him?

Zobovor

未读,
2015年5月24日 14:42:282015/5/24
收件人
On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 11:17:42 AM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> I finally found some yesterday. Got Optimus, since no Japanese release
> has been announced. Are there going to be any limbs for him?

There's some very strong evidence (retail computer listings; Hasbro artwork of Ultra Prime) that Prowl, Sunstreaker, Ironhide, and Mirage are coming soon, though there's been no official Hasbro announcement or pictures of the toys (as yet).

Remolded versions of Streetwise, Breakdown, Off-Road, and Drag Strip would be the likely culprits.

Zob

Shin Hibiki

未读,
2015年5月25日 03:37:342015/5/25
收件人
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

>My store is resetting the action figures modular this week. Maybe that will trigger some new product orders.
>
>Zob (not going to hold my breath, though)

Definitely don't hold your breath. They just completed the
reset here, and it resulted in the TF section becoming even smaller
than it was before. Just two rows of pegs, most of which are filled
with AOE Drift.

Shin Hibiki

未读,
2015年5月25日 03:39:492015/5/25
收件人
Travoltron <travo...@defender.uni> wrote:

>I saw CW Optimus once and never again.

Please come over here and clean out my Walmart then!

Shin Hibiki

未读,
2015年5月25日 03:43:132015/5/25
收件人
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

>There's some very strong evidence (retail computer listings; Hasbro artwork of Ultra Prime) that Prowl, Sunstreaker, Ironhide, and Mirage are coming soon, though there's been no official Hasbro announcement or pictures of the toys (as yet).

Sunstreaker and Mirage also started appearing in the IDW
comics again after having been absent for some time.

- Shin Hibiki, seeing as how the comics are the promotional vehicle
for Generations now...

banzait...@gmail.com

未读,
2015年5月25日 10:33:392015/5/25
收件人
> Shin Hibiki, seeing as how the comics are the promotional vehicle
for Generations now...

Oh god. not this argument again! Chicken, egg...

-Banzaitron

Shin Hibiki

未读,
2015年5月26日 02:50:022015/5/26
收件人
I didn't realize I was making an argument, but I'll certainly
concede the point. In any case, at least there *is* a media tie-in,
which was fairly lacking at one point.

- Shin Hibiki
0 个新帖子