Issues with fort max

banzait...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 5:58:08 PM7/18/16

Some quick complaints on the new fort max. First, he has no gun! Not even a straight copy from metroplex. (Remember how made we were about metroplex only getting one?). He kinda looks silly just standing there with nothing in his hands

No hip cannons! This was further dissapointing.

Lastly, the leg transformations (remember the metroplex part that was prone to breaking) are completely ignored. None of the box art or the instructions mention that his legs open up. This just bothers the hell out of me. Screams of a cost cutting give up.

Thus far, I am not impressed.

-banzaitron

Zobovor

Jul 18, 2016, 6:43:11 PM7/18/16
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 3:58:08 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> Some quick complaints on the new fort max. First, he has no gun!

Well, you just know Takara's going to include one. (The third party guys will probably sell one, too.)

> Lastly, the leg transformations (remember the metroplex part that was prone
> to breaking) are completely ignored. None of the box art or the instructions
> mention that his legs open up. This just bothers the hell out of me.
> Screams of a cost cutting give up.

So you're saying that the way Metroplex's legs open up is not part of Fortress Maximus' official transformation? I wonder if the reason they left it alone was because if they'd locked it together or glued it or something, people familiar with the Metroplex toy who knew that it was "supposed" to open would end up breaking it trying to get it apart.

Reminds me of the TMNT Dimension X Turtles that are currently in stores. They're recycled versions of the Storage Shell Turtles only with space helmets and different belts. You have to unscrew their belts to get their shells open, but they totally have the same functionality. You'd think Playmates wouldn't go out of their way to prevent kids from enjoying a feature that's already built right into the toys.

You would think that since Fortress Maximus was a planned remold of Metroplex seemingly from the start, they could have invested all that money that they didn't have to spend on Fort Max for engineering and design and maybe, I don't know, spend it on the toy somehow. Seems like there's even more cost-cutting now than during the G1 days.

Zob (of course, the original Metroplex and Fortress Maximus toys were one-and-done molds as far as Hasbro was concerned)

David Connell

Jul 20, 2016, 9:53:37 AM7/20/16
I've read a few reviews that Max doesn't live up the pricetag. Sounds like I'd be better off restickering my old discolored-but-functional original or spending a bit more on the reissue.

Or, ya know, using my money for more grown-up things. Nahhh ...

Shin Hibiki

Jul 24, 2016, 1:56:14 AM7/24/16
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

>You'd think Playmates wouldn't go out of their way to prevent kids from enjoying a feature that's already built right into the toys.

Remember when HasTak did something similar with the
grill-insert Frenzy in one of the Barricade toys?

- Shin Hibiki, those were the good old days

----
The race ain't over yet, baby
It's only just begun
They thought they had it won, baby