Speed Round!

Zobovor

Apr 23, 2014, 9:03:51 PM4/23/14
Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!

1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in the nose if you ever met him in person.

4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time travel.

5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run and totally saturate the market.

6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every official story from this point forward.

9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

10) The one thing about Transformers that you would never want to see changed.

Zob

banzait...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 10:31:49 PM4/23/14
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:03:51 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!
>

> 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

movie bumblebee

> 2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

Carnage in C minor

> 3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in the nose if you ever met him in person.

Red Alert. (Wait, I've met Michael Chain and he is a bad ass)

> 4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time travel.

Michael Bay
> 5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run and totally saturate the market.

Overlord powermaster

> 6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

Posts speed rounds on ATT

> 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

Autobot Spike

> 8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every official story from this point forward.

Michael Charles Hill

> 9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

Pipes

> 10) The one thing about Transformers that you would never want to see changed.

Cybertron

> Zob

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Apr 24, 2014, 2:14:08 AM4/24/14
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:03:51 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!
>
> 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

Generations Cheetor

> 2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

I don't know... one of the middling latter Energon episodes?

> 3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in the nose if you ever met him in person.

None.

> 4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time travel.

The moment when Megatron referred to Tarantulas as Unicron's Spawn. It's a great moment, but it then got taken literally.

> 5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run and totally saturate the market.

Energon Ultra Magnus.

> 6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

Meh.

> 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

Diagnostic Drone.

> 8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every official story from this point forward.

Nora Roberts. Because we need more romance!

Actually, I really like that we have had some very different writers and styles over the years.

> 9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

Arcee

Cappeca

Apr 25, 2014, 5:17:39 PM4/25/14
Em quarta-feira, 23 de abril de 2014 22h03min51s UTC-3, Zobovor escreveu:
> Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!
>

> 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

Sky Linx

> 2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

The Core

> 3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in the nose if you ever met him in person.

Michael Bay

> 4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time travel.

G1 3rd season

> 5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run and totally saturate the market.

The whole Victory line

> 6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

Thinking that I should be happy and accept change with the Bayverse.

> 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

Thunderwing from the TF Prime video game

> 8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every official story from this point forward.

The guys who did RiD and MTMTE from #1 to #16

> 9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

BW Terrorsaur

> 10) The one thing about Transformers that you would never want to see changed.

The original arc. IT'S THE 12 ISSUES OF THE MARVEL COMICS!

Judoon

Jun 17, 2014, 7:21:18 PM6/17/14
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!
>
> 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

DotM Angel Wing Prime

> 2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

Any Armada, Energon or Cybertron.

> 3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in
> the nose if you ever met him in person.

None that I can think of, can't get that worked up over a voice actor of a
cartoon.

> 4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time travel.

The way to tell the true Optimus Prime from an imposter is by having them
race!

> 5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run
> and totally saturate the market.

Us releases for Fortress Maximus and Scorponok.

> 6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

Using the phrase "raped my childhood." I really wish these people would get
gang-raped in prison, to give them perspective.

> 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

The 1986 movie version of Arcee.

> 8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every
> official story from this point forward.

Anyone but Simon Furman. If Michael Bay tried half of what Furman did in
Regeneration One, fans would have flipped shit, but since it was Furman, it
was like the word of a god.

> 9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

The ones I've been wanting most like Whirl, Roadbuster, Jetfire and
Bumblebee as a VW are all on the way, so I really can't think of one. Maybe
a version of Devastator based on the RotF Legend/EZ figures redesigned and
up scaled a bit larger. I never got the set (the one day I saw it at
Walmart, was the day before I got paid, and it was gone the next.)

> 10) The one thing about Transformers that you would never want to see changed.

An Angry Birds tie-in like the Star Wars one.

--
Damn lying squirrels!

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Jun 17, 2014, 10:11:56 PM6/17/14
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:03:51 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!
>

> 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

Supreme Cheetor or Energon Optimus

> 2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

Can't think of one

> 3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in the nose if you ever met him in person.

Nightscream

> 4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time travel.

Beast machines Cybertron is Organic

> 5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run and totally saturate the market.

Anniversary metroplex

> 6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

letting fan conventions get taken over by corporations and letting the convention price skyrocket.

> 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

I still want to see the garbage truck con from DoTM

> 8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every official story from this point forward.

Douglas Adams is unfortunately dead ; ;

> 9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

Omega Supreme

> 10) The one thing about Transformers that you would never want to see changed.

Robots in Disguise, having alt modes that can be considered disguises instead of just having alt modes that are random. I hated movieverse Fallen and Megatron for the first 2 movies.

> Zob

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Jun 20, 2014, 10:40:35 PM6/20/14
On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:11:56 PM UTC-5, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:03:51 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
>
> > Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!
>

> > 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.
>

> Supreme Cheetor or Energon Optimus

Actually now after reading the JP Masterpiece poll article, I realize I have turned down a free Armada Prime...

Zobovor

Jun 21, 2014, 2:16:56 AM6/21/14
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:03:51 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> Don't think about it! Just read the question and post an answer!

It's been about a month. Time for me to answer my own questions.

> 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

Cybertron Megatron.

> 2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

The first episode of Armada.

> 3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in the
> nose if you ever met him in person.

Skids and/or Mudflap.

> 4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time
> travel.

Devastator testicles.

> 5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run and
> totally saturate the market.

Headmaster Nightbeat.

> 6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

Belittling people for having a different opinion.

> 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

G1 Arcee. Pink car. From the cartoon show. Looks like she did in The Transformers: the Movie. Surely this cannot be this hard.

> 8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every official
> story from this point forward.

Joss Whedon.

> 9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

Trypticon. Titan-class, baby!

> 10) The one thing about Transformers that you would never want to see
> changed.

The name.

Zob

Steve L.K. Macrocranios

Jun 21, 2014, 3:37:16 PM6/21/14
On Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:16:56 AM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:

> > 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

> G1 Arcee. Pink car. From the cartoon show. Looks like she did in The
> Transformers: the Movie. Surely this cannot be this hard.

There you go:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/4/7/1/DSC03940_1403378172.jpg

Looks like Hasbro really does ead A.T.T.!

Onslaught Six

Jun 21, 2014, 7:28:02 PM6/21/14
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:03:51 PM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:

> 1) Toy you wouldn't accept if somebody offered to give you one for free.

Non-TFs from a line I don't collect. Or stuff I already have.

Or, I guess, a Movie Bumblebee.

> 2) Episode you wouldn't sit all the way through if somebody offered you $5.

Most of Armada, Energon and Cybertron.

> 3) Character you despise so much that you would punch his voice actor in the nose if you ever met him in person.

That's mean.

> 4) Event you would forever strike from the official canon if you could time travel.

Shattered Glass.

> 5) Overpriced toy that you would love to see get a second production run and totally saturate the market.

Aside from vintage stuff (which there's a lot that'd fit that criteria!) I'd love new runs of a lot of recent Botcon stuff, which I like some individual figures from but not enough to justify spending $300+ on an entire set.

> 6) The one thing that you hate that the fandom does and you wish was illegal.

Third-party figures--oh wait!

Well, related to that, outright shitting on Hasbro's efforts (no matter how good or bad they may be this week) and saying the third party knockoffs are somehow inherently "better" or that they "understand true fans" somehow better than the company that makes the toys in the first place.

> 7) Character who still hasn't gotten a toy that desperately needs one.

IDW's Fortress Maximus. Chromedome. I had a few others a couple years ago, but Hasbro is steadily filling the gaps.

> 8) The writer you would hire to be the official writer for every official story from this point forward.

James Roberts.

> 9) The character who most desperately needs a new toy.

Ultra Magnus. MP doesn't count and I don't like it.

> 10) The one thing about Transformers that you would never want to see changed.

That they transform!

...also hey, I guess I'm sort of back?

Zobovor

Jun 21, 2014, 7:40:56 PM6/21/14
On Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:37:16 PM UTC-6, Steve L.K. Macrocranios wrote:

>> http://www.tfw2005.com/transformersnews/attach/3/9/4/7/1/
>> DSC03940_1403378172.jpg
>
> Looks like Hasbro really does read A.T.T.!

This pleases me immensely!

Zob