Re: Combiner Wars G1 Megatron

Message has been deleted

banzait...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2015, 9:36:44 PM4/23/15
On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 5:42:17 AM UTC-5, ade...@inbox.com wrote:
> Got it from Amazon. Great price, free shipping plus free deliver. Review
> after I open it.

Amazon is hands down the best place to buy transformers WHEN they have them in stock. Unfortunately, that is almost never. It's usually just a bunch of scalpers disguised as amazon. I wish they would stock more toys.

-Banzaitron

Zobovor

Apr 23, 2015, 11:17:00 PM4/23/15
On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 4:42:17 AM UTC-6, ade...@inbox.com wrote:

> Review after I open it.

Still waiting for that review! Get cracking! Wah-PUH!

Zob (figures it's only a matter of time before his rubber treads deteriorate... why, yes, I do believe that we're all just food for rust, why do you ask?)

banzait...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 8:18:16 PM5/5/15

Travoltron

Jun 4, 2015, 9:44:54 PM6/4/15
So I got the Japanese version of this today. Is there going to be an
Optimus Prime counterpart? Because he towers over CW Optimus Prime.
BBTS has something called "Optimus Maximus" listed as coming out in July.

Cappeca

Jun 9, 2015, 10:10:37 AM6/9/15
Em quinta-feira, 4 de junho de 2015 22:44:54 UTC-3, Travoltron escreveu:
> So I got the Japanese version of this today. Is there going to be an
> Optimus Prime counterpart? Because he towers over CW Optimus Prime.

I like that. I also like how the new seekers are leader class. Although the perfect mold for the seekers in my opinion is the classics one, I think they were made too small against what came after - I'm about to repurpose my classics seekers with smaller versions of Prime and Friends, like the Robot Masters version and a few Legend(Legion) characters, for instance.

First time I saw a Prime that was smaller than Megatron was in Armada. That made an impact with me, because it felt right. The Decepticons are monsters, war machines, brute force is their thing, while the Autobots are civilians, day to day people. In my personal view (even though I'm a G1 guy) the best the Autobots could ever come up with as a leader wouldn't possibly be the same size as the Decepticon commander. He would be the strongest of the weak, that's what made him a hero. It's also one of the three or four things I like about the Bayverse.

Maybe if I have the money I'll buy these new versions. The problem is that when you have 2 wheels of your car stolen overnight and have to spend $600 to replace them, the last thing you're thinking about is buying new toys.

Zobovor

Jun 9, 2015, 5:20:42 PM6/9/15
On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 8:10:37 AM UTC-6, Cappeca wrote:

> First time I saw a Prime that was smaller than Megatron was in Armada. That
> made an impact with me, because it felt right.

Oddly, it's always bothered me that Megatron towered over Optimus during G2. I mean, yeah, the two toys were approximately the right size (big tractor trailer equals big tank), but since three-quarters of Prime's truck mode isn't used for his robot mode, Megatron was gigantic by comparison.

> The Decepticons are monsters, war machines, brute force is their thing, while > the Autobots are civilians, day to day people. In my personal view (even
> though I'm a G1 guy) the best the Autobots could ever come up with as a
> leader wouldn't possibly be the same size as the Decepticon commander.

I can understand this viewpoint, but I don't share it. That's one of the things that I found impressive about Prime when I was a kid... so many of the Autobots were puny, but Prime could actually stand eye-to-eye with Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, etc.

> Maybe if I have the money I'll buy these new versions. The problem is that
> when you have 2 wheels of your car stolen overnight and have to spend $600 to
> replace them, the last thing you're thinking about is buying new toys.

Ugh, that's terrible. Who would even do something like that? (Well, somebody who needs two wheels for their car, apparently. But still. My condolences.)

Zob

Cappeca

Jun 9, 2015, 5:32:06 PM6/9/15
Em terça-feira, 9 de junho de 2015 18:20:42 UTC-3, Zobovor escreveu:

> Oddly, it's always bothered me that Megatron towered over Optimus during G2.

But that didn't feel right at all, that green tank was more of an awkward toy than a real concept.

> Ugh, that's terrible. Who would even do something like that?

Drug addicts selling to the black market, there's high demand because people around here are stupid - they feed this kind of thing, just to buy stuff cheaper no matter who gets screwed or dies in the process. While my wheels are probably on online auctions right now, I had to go to a chevy authorized to replace them. And I was lucky for not being robbed at gunpoint.