MIDI Versions of Transformers Cartoon Themes

Zobovor

Sep 27, 2016, 11:18:13 PM9/27/16
Decided to create a new thread so these wouldn't get lost in the posts to the older thread.

Allah Gold e-mailed me the MIDI versions of the cartoon themes that he came up with. I said I would upload them, so I'll continue to post links here as he comes up with new stuff. Here are the first two I uploaded (hit some speedbumps but these should work now):

http://www.zmfts.t15.org/ruins_midi.mid
http://www.zmfts.t15.org/they'll_be_back_i_midi.mid

(Sorry for the slightly redundant filenames. I wanted to distinguish these on my hard drive from the acoustic G1 themes so I didn't accidentally confuse one with the other and inadvertently overwrite an important file!)

I love digitized versions of familiar music. For a while, I was on a YouTube kick when I would hunt down pop culture songs that people had rendered using electronic instruments that made it sound like they were coming out of an 8-bit Nintendo. (Kids today don't know how good they have it; about 20 years ago, downloading actual music online was way too time-consuming and bandwidth-prohibitive, so people would compose MIDI versions whose files were very small and easily shared. They were kinda-sorta good enough versions, and while some of them were abysmally bad, it could also be a lot of fun to listen to many people's different versions of the same music and cherry-pick the best musical interpretations.)

Zob (in 1999, MIDI files were the background music for so much of my fan fiction)

Travoltron

Sep 28, 2016, 10:20:08 AM9/28/16
I've still got a bunch of old TF midis from the ancient days of the web.
LMK Zob if you want them.

Rodimus_2316

Sep 28, 2016, 4:38:15 PM9/28/16
Like them. Please post more. :)

- Rodimus_2316

thethir...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2016, 3:01:29 AM9/29/16
Travoltron, I should really check out all the midi files just so I'm not duplicating a bunch of work- especially if midi files are to be the only output. The files were created using MuseScore 1.3, a free music notation program- so there's a lot more going on than midi. They'll Be Back for example has the following scored: Synth, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Trumpet, Horn, Violin, Viola, Cello, Xylophone, Bass Guitar, Timpani, and Snare Drum. This is an approximation of what was played originally, but it sounds close at least. If you were to download Musescore and import the Midi file with those instruments, I think it would load it correctly so it would play with those instruments (not sure, though.) You can print sheet music, and even create new compositions, such as combining a few similar cues into one piece. There are more possibilities with this than just midi.

-Allah Gold

Shin Hibiki

Oct 21, 2016, 11:51:06 PM10/21/16
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

>Allah Gold e-mailed me the MIDI versions of the cartoon themes that he came up with. I said I would upload them, so I'll continue to post links here as he comes up with new stuff. Here are the first two I uploaded (hit some speedbumps but these should work now):
>
> http://www.zmfts.t15.org/ruins_midi.mid
> http://www.zmfts.t15.org/they'll_be_back_i_midi.mid

Woo, MIDI! It's a lost art. Post more if you get 'em.

- Shin Hibiki

----
The race ain't over yet, baby
It's only just begun