TF JCPenny's Catalog Scans

14 vues

Richard Mistron

non lue,
17 févr. 2003, 14:58:4917/02/2003
JoeCustoms.com has some scans online from a JCPenny's catalog from 1984.
Here's the TF page:
http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-transfor
merspage.html and the GoBots/Starriors page:
http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/491-gobotspa
ge.html

--
http://home.sprynet.com/~orioneos/
"Bumblebee needs assistance at the tuna plant!" - Zeatha Mistron

Robbie Warnock

non lue,
17 févr. 2003, 16:20:5517/02/2003
Hey, according to Soundwave's entry, he "sends out messages to Seekers and
other Decepticons." Cool.

LegendaryNemasis

non lue,
17 févr. 2003, 16:53:0717/02/2003
THese are very very old... Why do I see future responses to this post
saying:"OMFG they are rereleasing Megatron!"?

~LN- Whee.

Anthony "Tonyfitz" Brucale

non lue,
17 févr. 2003, 17:27:5517/02/2003
"Richard Mistron" <orio...@sprynet.com> wrote in message

> JoeCustoms.com has some scans online from a JCPenny's catalog from 1984.
> Here's the TF page:

http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-transfor
merspage.html and the GoBots/Starriors page:

http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/491-gobotspa
ge.html

I used to have a bunch of these from Sears and Consumers on my old website.
If there's an interest, I'll happily put them on teh next issue of TFU.INFO
Magazine.

--Ant
Anthony "Tonyfitz" Brucale
Webmaster - www.tfu.info

3YE

non lue,
17 févr. 2003, 19:56:2417/02/2003

My eyes bleed with anger when I see the prices for all those figures
(including the Star Wars ones on the other pages). Why did I not save my
allowences and spend them on these things!!!?!!?! WHY??!!!

3YE

ShadowWing

non lue,
17 févr. 2003, 20:14:4817/02/2003

"Richard Mistron" wrote

> JoeCustoms.com has some scans online from a JCPenny's catalog from 1984.
> Here's the TF page:

http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-transfor
> merspage.html

Hey, I still have that Diakron set. Not in that good a shape, but I
still have it.

| HEROIC AUTOBOT ^ ^ {ShadowWing} |
| AMONG MAXIMALS |()| { transfan} |
| [CYBERTRON] \/ Ż||Ż||Ż||ŻŻ |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż Ż ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|Function: /\ /\ str: 7.0|
|Guardian / \ ()/ \ int: 8.5|
|Motto:"One's true / /\ o[]o/\ \ spd: 9.0|
|form lies within." / --o-[]-o-- \ end: 7.0|
|Survivor of every / / / 00 \ \ \rnk: 6.0|
|Transformer war. 00 cor:10.0|
|More information on line ^^ fire:5.4|
|Visit THE TRANSFORMATION ZONE skl: 9.2|
| http://pages.cthome.net/ShadowWing |
|updated 8/16/2002 |
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

edicius

non lue,
18 févr. 2003, 00:20:0818/02/2003
"Richard Mistron" <orio...@sprynet.com> wrote in message news:<b2rets$7b1$1...@slb1.atl.mindspring.net>...
> JoeCustoms.com has some scans online from a JCPenny's catalog from 1984.
> Here's the TF page:
> http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-transfor
> merspage.html and the GoBots/Starriors page:
> http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/491-gobotspa
> ge.html

What's the 'Diakron Multi-Force Robot' on there? Doesn't look at all
familiar to me as a TF. At least on that page.

---
+kevin.wojtaszek+ (edicius)
http://www.edicius.org
e-mail: edicius(at)edicius(dot)org
---
"If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless,
offended and depressed, always remember that you
were once the fastest and most victorious sperm
out of hundreds of millions."
-Kieron Robertson
---

Xis

non lue,
18 févr. 2003, 10:15:1518/02/2003

"Richard Mistron" <orio...@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> JoeCustoms.com has some scans online from a JCPenny's catalog from 1984.
> Here's the TF page:

http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-transfor
merspage.html and the GoBots/Starriors page:

http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/491-gobotspa
ge.html

I had completely forgotten about Starriors! I looked 'em up on the web, and
we must have had 6 or more of them!The interchangeable arms & legs (&
heads?) were cool.

ShadowWing

non lue,
18 févr. 2003, 17:09:3918/02/2003

"edicius" wrote

> What's the 'Diakron Multi-Force Robot' on there? Doesn't look at all
> familiar to me as a TF. At least on that page.

It isn't, but you know catalogs. If they remotely resemble each other,
let them share a page. Diakron was similar to the Voltron Vehicle team. 14
vehicles combine into a big robot. It came with five Diaclone-type drivers
that you actually had to remove in order to form the big robot, except for
the robot that formed the body. Unlike Voltron, however, they didn't form
three separate ships. It did come with a spring loaded launcher to send the
vehicles flying, and two spring loaded missile launchers for the main ship.
I broke those suckers pretty good. :)

You know, I look back at that thing and wonder why the smaller Voltron
robots could never separate. They were just action figures. The big ones did
separate, but Diakron was about the same size as the smaller robots.
--

Steve-o Stonebraker

non lue,
18 févr. 2003, 23:26:1818/02/2003
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:58:49 -0800, Richard Mistron wrote:
> JoeCustoms.com has some scans online from a JCPenny's catalog from 1984.
>
> http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-transformerspage.html

Awesome! As somebody else points out, this ad refers to the
non-blunderscrounges as "Seekers"! I'd been told that some early ads had
used the term, but I'd never actually seen an example until now. ^_^

--Steve-o
Steve Stonebraker | Transformers FAQ Keeper | Astrophysicist
sst...@yahoo.com | www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~sstoneb | AOL IM: srstoneb

Jackpot

non lue,
18 févr. 2003, 23:36:0318/02/2003
Steve-o Stonebraker wrote:

> Richard Mistron wrote:
>>
>> http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-
transformerspage.html

> Awesome! As somebody else points out, this ad refers to the
> non-blunderscrounges as "Seekers"! I'd been told that some early ads
> had used the term, but I'd never actually seen an example until now.

Hm. So does this mean that the old "hunter-seeker" explanation ISN'T
the true origin of the term?

I mean, as far as I can tell, this ad really nails the coffin on that
theory. It's anyone's guess where the copywriter pulled the term from,
but I think it's too much of a coincidence to assume that the term
"Seeker" later independently evolved in the fandom based only on that
misapplied old comic ref. It may have been a combination of both -
someone half-remembering the ad, then stumbling upon "hunter-seeker" in
the comic. But still. I'd say our commonly-accepted fandom history
needs a bit of revision.

- Jackpot

--
| To contact me, please e-mail aquamandible [at] yahoo [dot] com.
|
| _ _ ______ http://spektakle.com ______ _ _
"The `k's are for the kwality!"

David Willis

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 00:15:2119/02/2003
> >> http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-
> transformerspage.html
> >
> > Awesome! As somebody else points out, this ad refers to the
> > non-blunderscrounges as "Seekers"! I'd been told that some early ads
> > had used the term, but I'd never actually seen an example until now.
>
> Hm. So does this mean that the old "hunter-seeker" explanation ISN'T
> the true origin of the term?

Everything you know is wrong!

--David
Whoa, vertigo...
www.itswalky.com

Iacon

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 00:30:5819/02/2003
Jackpot wrote:

> I mean, as far as I can tell, this ad really nails the coffin on that
> theory. It's anyone's guess where the copywriter pulled the term from,
> but I think it's too much of a coincidence to assume that the term
> "Seeker" later independently evolved in the fandom based only on that
> misapplied old comic ref. It may have been a combination of both -
> someone half-remembering the ad, then stumbling upon "hunter-seeker" in
> the comic. But still. I'd say our commonly-accepted fandom history
> needs a bit of revision.

In the context of the actual ad, it almost seems more like "Seeker" is
actually referring to their missiles, and was just used as a shortened
version of "heat-seekers". Its says that "when the Autobots, are found, the
Seekers set out to destroy them", which would imply that since the Autobots
have already been found, the jets themselves have already been "set out" to
do the finding, so that the only thing left to be "set out" once the
targets were within range would be the missiles, which would promptly
"destroy them".

--
Iacon (who doesn't know why he's arguing since he uses the Seeker term
fairly religiously... just being contrary for it's own sake, I s'pose...)

TF CODE: G+++ G1++ G2- BW++ MW BM++ FR FW+ M- #230 D+++ AD+ N+++ W+ OQ+
MUSH-- BC++ CN+ OM P269

"It is not birth, marriage, or death, but gastrulation, which is truly the
most important time in your life." -Lewis Wolpert

Orson Christian - Sidecutter

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 02:18:1319/02/2003
The latest UK comic TPB put out over here in the states also has Rodimus and
his group attacked by a squad of Decepticon aircraft, some of which are very
"Skyraider" like. Rodimus, or one of his companions, calls them Hunters.

"Steve-o Stonebraker" <sst...@campbell.mps.ohio-state.edu> wrote in message

Orson Christian - Sidecutter

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 02:19:2019/02/2003

"David Willis" <wii...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Black is white up is down and short is long. And everything you used to
think was so important doesn't really matter anyway...

Jackpot

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 02:51:1119/02/2003
Iacon wrote:

>>> Richard Mistron wrote:

http://www.joecustoms.com/hostedpics/Circa1985JCPennyCatalogToy/490-
transformerspage.html

> In the context of the actual ad, it almost seems more like "Seeker" is
> actually referring to their missiles, and was just used as a shortened
> version of "heat-seekers".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmaybe. At least that would explain where the author came up
with the otherwise fairly random term. It's also worth noting that the
text refers to Starscream (or, well, "Silver Plane") alone - so the
plural *is* a little odd.

> Its says that "when the Autobots, are
> found, the Seekers set out to destroy them", which would imply that
> since the Autobots have already been found, the jets themselves have
> already been "set out" to do the finding, so that the only thing left
> to be "set out" once the targets were within range would be the
> missiles, which would promptly "destroy them".

I'd say you're really splitting hairs. Besides, "setting out" seems
like a conscious action to me - not something you'd describe missiles
doing. (And, the way it's written, it IS the missiles that are "setting
out" - Starscream isn't "setting out" the missiles.)

And at any rate, whatever was going on in the author's head really has
nothing to do with the matter at hand: whether or not this ad was the
real source of the term "Seeker."

- Jackpot (who wonders if anyone else remembers "The Seeker," which
starred Diedrich Bader (Oswald from "Drew Carey") and was half of
"Danger Theatre." Man, was that a great show. Too bad it only lasted a
summer. Wait, no, it was called "The Searcher." Never mind.)

David Willis

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 03:06:5519/02/2003
> - Jackpot (who wonders if anyone else remembers "The Seeker," which
> starred Diedrich Bader (Oswald from "Drew Carey") and was half of
> "Danger Theatre." Man, was that a great show. Too bad it only lasted a
> summer. Wait, no, it was called "The Searcher." Never mind.)

No, "The Skyraider."

--David
www.itswalky.com

Irrellius Spam of the Potato People

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 08:09:2819/02/2003
<< > Everything you know is wrong!

Black is white up is down and short is long. And everything you used to

think was so important doesn't really matter anyway... >><BR><BR>

Damn! beat me to it.

AQt least this ad proves the Diakron robot was sold in the US. Now I can get it
for a much lower price

Al-
http://www.Angelfire.com/mi2/Ob1kenoby/
"My name is Puggy and I live in a tree."-Big Trouble
"When life gives you lemons, blow them to pieces with your laser beams."- Brak

Thomas Hamann

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 08:24:2419/02/2003
Diakrons were *Diaclones* marketed in the US by Takara...

"ShadowWing" <the...@SPAMBLOCKADEsnet.net> transmitted through the
wires of the web:

--
Thomas Hamann's Website: http://www.geocities.com/hamann_td

"...you ain't no different than Ben Laden..." - The emminent Dr. J ranting about me on alt.toys.transformers.

Mark Brown

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 10:45:4519/02/2003
"David Willis" <wii...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Skyraiders of the Lost Ark?
*pictures Thundercracker in a fedora and carrying a bullwhip*

Or perhaps Tomb Skyraider.

Mark
"Doesn't ~want~ to picture that."

Desperado00

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 11:33:1119/02/2003
>> > - Jackpot (who wonders if anyone else remembers "The Seeker," which
>> > starred Diedrich Bader (Oswald from "Drew Carey") and was half of
>> > "Danger Theatre." Man, was that a great show. Too bad it only lasted a
>> > summer. Wait, no, it was called "The Searcher." Never mind.)
>> No, "The Skyraider."
>
>Skyraiders of the Lost Ark?
>*pictures Thundercracker in a fedora and carrying a bullwhip*
>
>Or perhaps Tomb Skyraider.
>
>Mark
>"Doesn't ~want~ to picture that."

I thought it was "The Sweeper."
-----

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

An egotist is a self-made man who worships his creator.

If we aren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

No horse is too dead to beat.

David Willis

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 14:13:2319/02/2003
> >> No, "The Skyraider."

> I thought it was "The Sweeper."

It was "Ze Viper."

--David
www.itswalky.com

Desperado00

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 14:22:1619/02/2003
>It was "Ze Viper."

I actually remember that episode of G.I. Joe. I loved it at the time, but in
retrospect it's really quite dumb.

Robert Powers

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 16:09:3919/02/2003

Behold! On 19 Feb 2003 19:22:16 GMT, Desperado00 <despe...@aol.com>
did speak:

>>It was "Ze Viper."
>
>I actually remember that episode of G.I. Joe. I loved it at the time, but in
>retrospect it's really quite dumb.

Funny, I feel just the opposite. I somehow caught most of it during
college or so -- must've been on the Cartoon Network or Sci-Fi or
something -- which was the first time I'd seen it (never watched much Joe,
really.) I thought it was freakin' hilarious. Still do, actually. But
I'm sure as a 12-year-old kid I wouldn't have appreciated the silliness of
it.
--
Robert Powers
repo...@uwm.edu ________________________________________

ChessPieceFace

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 16:52:5619/02/2003
I remember seeing it as a kid and thinking it was silly... but then,
it was based on a silly joke I'd already heard, so I just spend 22
minutes waiting for a punchline I knew was coming. :/

On 19 Feb 2003 21:09:39 GMT, repo...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu (Robert

Steve-o Stonebraker

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 17:21:5519/02/2003
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:36:03 +0000 (UTC), Jackpot wrote:
> Hm. So does this mean that the old "hunter-seeker" explanation ISN'T
> the true origin of the term?

Most likely, yeah. The hunter-seeker explanation is probably a real-world
retcon. ;) It was the only explanation anybody could come up with that
seemed remotely plausible. Even the case assortment lists from 1984 don't
refer to them as Seekers, so, it's still a bit of a mystery as to where
the copy writer for the JC Penny catalog got the term. (I'll go out on a
limb and assume that similar blurbs appeared in other catalogs, like the
Sears wish book and such. If anybody *has* one of those still, I'd love
to know.)

The whole issue of whether "seeker" is an acceptable term is a bit moot
now anyway, since Furman made the term canonical in TWW, but it'd still
be nice to document the beginning of its usage.

> I'd say our commonly-accepted fandom history needs a bit of revision.

First, the widescreen movie. Then Romita models. Now, hunter-seekers.
It's a pity these stories die so easily, or I might have some sense of
satisfaction!

Jackpot

non lue,
19 févr. 2003, 23:59:3219/02/2003
Steve-o Stonebraker wrote:

> The whole issue of whether "seeker" is an acceptable term is a bit
> moot now anyway, since Furman made the term canonical in TWW, but it'd
> still be nice to document the beginning of its usage.

Yeah, that's pretty much what interests me about this. I mean, even if
the term *hadn't* made its way into the official media, this catalog ad
written by some random JC Penney employee wouldn't exactly bring it into
the canon.

However, it certainly *does* shed light on the historical origins of a
piece of the mythos. :)

>> I'd say our commonly-accepted fandom history needs a bit of revision.
>
> First, the widescreen movie. Then Romita models. Now,
> hunter-seekers. It's a pity these stories die so easily, or I might
> have some sense of satisfaction!

Y'know, I recall not so very long ago when there was a conversation on
ATT about the whole Hasbro/Bandai deal with Jetfire, how it related to
"Skyfire," and so forth. And it came to light that no one really KNEW
where the info on the matter had come from in the FAQ. It was just...
there, passed along faithfully from the mists of pre-ATT fandom.

Really makes you think.

- Jackpot (Don't it?)

Douglas W. Dlin

non lue,
20 févr. 2003, 18:06:0120/02/2003
On Feb. 20, 2003, Jackpot wrote:

> Steve-o Stonebraker wrote:
>>> I'd say our commonly-accepted fandom history needs a bit of
>>> revision.
>>
>> First, the widescreen movie. Then Romita models. Now,
>> hunter-seekers. It's a pity these stories die so easily, or I might
>> have some sense of satisfaction!
>
> Y'know, I recall not so very long ago when there was a conversation on
> ATT about the whole Hasbro/Bandai deal with Jetfire, how it related to
> "Skyfire," and so forth. And it came to light that no one really KNEW
> where the info on the matter had come from in the FAQ. It was just...
> there, passed along faithfully from the mists of pre-ATT fandom.

I think the analysis of the situation sprang from some common-sense
consideration of the facts:

1. Hasbro's primary partnership in the TF line was Takara.
2. Takara imported the cartoon to show in Japan a year after it showed
here, an arrangement that must have been settled at least a year prior.
3. No designs licensed from Bandai showed up in the line after 1985.
4. No Bandai-owned (or -acquired) designs licensed for TF toys were ever
included in the show. Skyfire came closest, simply by appearing at all,
but only with a cartoon model more drastically different from the toy
than even the average TF's.

Considering all these, it seems no great stretch to conclude
1. Hasbro started off the TF line with design licenses from several
companies, but quickly shifted to an exclusive deal with Takara.
2. Takara knew in advance it would be getting the show to broadcast in
Japan, and had no desire to use it to advertise their biggest
competition's designs.
3. The above two deductions are more than adequate reason for Skyfire's
look to be so different from Jetfire's.

If there is official evidence of Hasbro's firming up its partnership
with Takara after 1986 (or during the time that year's line was being
planned), I'm unaware of it, but there may well be some public record to
shift this from deduction to fact.

Thus there may be no one traceable source of the answer to the whole
Jetfire/Skyfire question, but with the facts being what they are, it
seems likely several people just figured it out for themselves and saw
no need to pin it down further.

Of course, if you were referring to some discussion about why Skyfire
made it into the show at all when no other characters based on
Bandai-derived TFs did, then we get into the realm of pure speculation,
and you can safely ignore everything I just typed. :-S

Doug

Steve-o Stonebraker

non lue,
20 févr. 2003, 23:17:2720/02/2003
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:59:32 +0000 (UTC), Jackpot wrote:
> Y'know, I recall not so very long ago when there was a conversation on
> ATT about the whole Hasbro/Bandai deal with Jetfire, how it related to
> "Skyfire," and so forth. And it came to light that no one really KNEW
> where the info on the matter had come from in the FAQ. It was just...
> there, passed along faithfully from the mists of pre-ATT fandom.

Hmm. I don't remember that one... must have had a misrepresentative
subject line or something. My take on the whole thing is pretty similar
to what Doug posted. When I revisit this topic in the new FAQ, I'm sure
I'll change the way it's described, to make it clear that the whole thing
is pretty much supposition. There is this page from the series bible,
though:

http://transformers.winterchill.com/bible/biblepage31.html

That is, assuming you think those bible pages are legit, which I pretty
much do. (The following page shows the animation model for Jetfire, which
is a rare sight.)

Sky Shadow

non lue,
21 févr. 2003, 00:02:4921/02/2003
"Steve-o Stonebraker" wrote:

> Awesome! As somebody else points out, this ad refers to the
> non-blunderscrounges as "Seekers"!

Holy mother of Primus!

Sorry, they're the only words coming to my mind right now...

...That is, if you were to substitute the word 'Primus' with the word
'crap.'

Sky Shadow. Now, if someone were to find an advertisement that refers to
the 'Seekers' as 'Non-Blunderscrounges' then that would *really* make my
day. ;)
--
'"They've immobilised him somehow," said Cambo, Hosehead's small Nebulan
partner, who had been silent so far.'

From *Autobot Hostage* by John Grant, Ladybird Books.

Sky Shadow

non lue,
21 févr. 2003, 00:28:3021/02/2003
"Steve-o Stonebraker" wrote:

> There is this page from the series bible,
> though:
> http://transformers.winterchill.com/bible/biblepage31.html
>
> That is, assuming you think those bible pages are legit, which I pretty
> much do. (The following page shows the animation model for Jetfire, which
> is a rare sight.)

That page was my first thought when the Jet/Skyfire issue was brought up,
too.

As some of you know, I (for some bizarre reason) love it when there are
'canonical' instances of characters being referred to by more than one name,
so I was stoked to see that the most recent page of the series Bible refers
to Blaster as Blastbox:

http://transformers.winterchill.com/bible/biblepage113.html

The page is also interesting in that it solely describes the planned season
of episodes by which 'toy' they intend to showcase rather than, you know,
potential plots, for example.

And the previous page included the following quote: "Ten episodes have been
removed from the previous listing to be reserved for future new TRANSFORMERS
products!"

How pretentious of them to even deign to believe they were making something
so grand as a half-hour advertisement when they were merely making a cartoon
that would be loved and discussed for decades. ;)

Sky Shadow.

Aaron F. Bourque

non lue,
21 févr. 2003, 00:52:0721/02/2003
From: "Sky Shadow" skye_s...@hotmail.com

>As some of you know, I (for some bizarre reason) love it when
>there are 'canonical' instances of characters being referred to by
>more than one name,

You do?

. . .

Why is that?

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque; I mean, *I* think it's
interesting in a "Ah-ha! Now there might be a name I can slip into
a fanfic as a 'fan-created name' that's actually canon! Muwa. Muwaha. Mwaha ha
ha." But that's just me.

--
Women supposedly mature at a faster rate than men
If that is true, how come they live so much longer then . . ?

Zobovor

non lue,
21 févr. 2003, 21:37:1321/02/2003
Jackpot wrote:

>Y'know, I recall not so very long ago when there was a conversation on
>ATT about the whole Hasbro/Bandai deal with Jetfire, how it related to
>"Skyfire," and so forth. And it came to light that no one really KNEW
>where the info on the matter had come from in the FAQ. It was just...
>there, passed along faithfully from the mists of pre-ATT fandom.

Well, when I spoke with Floro Dery about the Jetfire/Skyfire issue, he did say
he remembered the producer asking him to redesign one of the jet characters due
to legal reasons. I suppose this could theoretically mean anything (especially
since I'm apparently notorious for assigning interview answers to random
questions as I see fit), but I took it to mean he was referring to
Jetfire/Skyfire specifically.

Rik Bakke

non lue,
22 févr. 2003, 09:17:2222/02/2003
"Jackpot" <i_do_not_read_an...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> - Jackpot (who wonders if anyone else remembers "The Seeker,"
> which starred Diedrich Bader (Oswald from "Drew Carey") and was
> half of "Danger Theatre." Man, was that a great show. Too bad it
> only lasted a summer. Wait, no, it was called "The Searcher." Never
> mind.)

Well, if it's any consolation, the Who were onto the idea back in '70,
when they released a single titled "The Seeker." Always somethin',
ain't it?
--
Rik Bakke
silve...@c2i.net

THE CYBERTRON CHRONICLE
http://cybertronchronicle.freewebspace.com/

Transformers Fan Code
G++ FR FW+ #75 D+ AA+ N++ W++ B++ OQP BC98-02++ CN+++ OM+

Sky Shadow

non lue,
22 févr. 2003, 23:39:3622/02/2003
"Rik Bakke" wrote:

> Well, if it's any consolation, the Who were onto the idea back in '70,
> when they released a single titled "The Seeker." Always somethin',
> ain't it?

And of course there's Australian 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's folk band
'The Seekers,' best known for their song 'Georgie Girl' (possibly better
known by some strange people as Homer Simpson's 'Blimpy Boy' song). And
then there were 'The New Seekers' (no doubt the musical equivalent of Dirge,
Ramjet and Thrust), who had the hit song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to
Sing' which was also used as a Coca-Cola jingle.

0 nouveau message