Have you been ripped off by Steve Agin?

Iqbal Bhatti

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

Have any of you out there been ripped off by Steve Agin? He sells Japanese toys in Toy
Shop magazine. I recently paid him top dollar, and then some, for some Macross Valkyries
that were supposed to be in pristene condition, never having been opened, transformed, or
played with. Whey they arrived, they were clearly not in the condition he promised. I
talked to a local shop that speciaizes in Japanese toys where I learned he has a
reputation for doing this. One guy, when he learned of my situation, uttered "Another
victim of Steve Agin, huh." I know that he has other "victims", and I'm wondering if any
of them read these newsgroups. If you have had a bad experience with this guy, or know of
someone who has, please e-mail me. Together we can take action.

Unicron2K5

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

Um, I've dealt with Steve on multiple occasions, and never had a
complaint, plus he's a cool guy to talk to about collecting.

<--------------->
Malin Huffman
unicr...@aol.com
Blaster@TF2 MUSH (I'm back!)

Matthew Alt

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

In <322B8C...@seas.ucla.edu> Iqbal Bhatti <iq...@seas.ucla.edu>
writes:

>Have any of you out there been ripped off by Steve Agin? He sells
Japanese toys in Toy
>Shop magazine. I recently paid him top dollar, and then some, for
>some Macross Valkyries that were supposed to be in pristene condition,
>never having been opened, transformed, or played with.

I've dealt with him on numerous occasions, buying Shogun Warrior-type
toys and the like, and never had any problems. The orders were always
as described and shipped on time. I'm sure if you contact him directly
he'll help sort out whatever the problem is.....

-Matt

Anthony D. Evans (DarkJedi)

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

I am in the process of a deal with him right now. Not only is he a
really cool guy, but he is very honest. I've spoken with him on the
phone during the course of my deal with him and I have absolutely no
reason to doubt him.

Anthony

Charles E. Brooks, Jr.

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

I think Mr. Bhatti will be hard pressed to find people that have been
"ripped off" by Steve Again. I began trading toys in 1979 and have
dealt with a lot of people in this life. Yes, there are a few con
artist out there, but I do not believe Agin is one of them! I have
been treated with respect by Agin, and he is one of the best packers in
the business. I have found him to be meticulous in the transactions
I've had. I have no complaints!!

It has often been said that there are 2 sides to every pancake.

Perhaps Bhatti is not revealing all the facts about a deal gone sour.

At any rate I can only speak for my experience. Compared to all the
others, I give Agin an A+, and I doubt that any dealer suddenly turns
dishonest!!! Either they are or they are not.
I smell a rat.
dof...@ix.netcom.com

In <50h8ka$g...@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>

Matthew Alt

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

In <50k9r2$i...@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com> dof...@ix.netcom.com(Charles
E. Brooks, Jr.) writes:

>Perhaps Bhatti is not revealing all the facts about a deal gone sour.
>
>At any rate I can only speak for my experience. Compared to all the
>others, I give Agin an A+, and I doubt that any dealer suddenly turns
>dishonest!!! Either they are or they are not.
>I smell a rat.

Just for the record, I contacted Mr. Agin a day or so ago in the course
of checking on something I had ordered, and got the whole story.

Basically, Bhatti tried to take Agin in a scam. It involved buying
three rare Macross Valkyries in order to get a large-volume discount,
and then returning two on a bogus complaint in an attempt to keep the
discount.

Steve even has a letter from the toy shop in LA where Bhatti had the
toys appraised, saying that they told Bhatti the toys were in as
excellent shape as they'd ever seen -- not "played with" or damaged in
any way. I guess Bhatti wasn't expecting Steve to check on the
complaint. Stupid........

-Matt

hum7in...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2016, 4:35:09 PM2/14/16
Sounds to me like Bhatti is in the business himself and trying to descredit my big brother and steal his business and hurt him. He is Bhatti, the only one out of ell you be the judge of % of responses, that makes the claim. I'm a fight with my brother all my life but I know one thing you taught me a lot he really is great talk to you whether you fight or not and Bhatti sounds like a disgruntled competition. Love gary agin

Zobovor

Feb 14, 2016, 11:22:08 PM2/14/16
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 2:35:09 PM UTC-7, hum7in...@gmail.com wrote:

> Sounds to me like Bhatti is in the business himself and trying to descredit my
> big brother and steal his business and hurt him.

Thank goodness you came rushing to his defense, only 20 years after the original complaint!

Zob (anybody know when the first season of Beast Wars is supposed to debut? I need to remember to set my VCR to tape it!)

banzait...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2016, 11:45:39 PM2/14/16
Hahahahahahahha. Wtf???

Neo Thunder

Feb 20, 2016, 2:21:08 PM2/20/16
???

Alden Bates

Feb 24, 2016, 8:39:15 PM2/24/16
Google should perhaps not be displaying a 20-year-old usenet thread as the second result when you google "Steve Agin". I suspect that's how his brother found the thread.

coak...@myfairpoint.net

Jul 21, 2016, 10:29:50 AM7/21/16
On Monday, September 2, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Iqbal Bhatti wrote:
> Have any of you out there been ripped off by Steve Agin? He sells Japanese toys in Toy
> Shop magazine. I recently paid him top dollar, and then some, for some Macross Valkyries
> that were supposed to be in pristene condition, never having been opened, transformed, or
> played with. Whey they arrived, they were clearly not in the condition he promised. I
> talked to a local shop that speciaizes in Japanese toys where I learned he has a
> reputation for doing this. One guy, when he learned of my situation, uttered "Another
> victim of Steve Agin, huh." I know that he has other "victims", and I'm wondering if any
> of them read these newsgroups. If you have had a bad experience with this guy, or know of
> someone who has, please e-mail me. Together we can take action.

This guy is a problem.He has "ripped" me off on numerous purchases.He is a major pain in the ass!But he has stuff that no one else in America has.What can you do?