LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)

Ken (NY)

May 31, 2001, 8:29:48 AM5/31/01
LAPD Officer Poses Nude for Playboy

LA - 5/31/2001

ABC News

Ginger Harrison hopes she might actually boost police recruitment by
becoming the first Los Angeles police officer to pose nude in Playboy,
but department officials aren't smiling.

The 28-year-old cop is appearing in the July issue of Playboy
magazine, despite outcries from the department.
The LAPD has asked the city attorney to investigate whether the
pictures violate department policy, saying it expects its officers to
exhibit the "highest level of professional conduct, both on and off
duty."

‘Lighten Up, It’s Just Nudity’

Harrison said she hopes the pictures will boost the force's reputation
and show it's possible for officers to remain feminine and glamorous.

"Maybe it can bring us into the 21st century where women don't fit a
stereotypical role," Harrison told the Los Angeles Times in an
interview.

"Lighten up. It's just nudity."

Harrison is married to an attorney and has a baby daughter.

In 1994, a New York City cop lost her job after posing for the adult
magazine. Carol Shaya was fired for posing in her official uniform.
This time, the magazine says it is not using any genuine police
uniforms or equipment.

In the photo spread, Harrison appears in six pictures with police
props.

She insisted she got along well with her colleagues and that the
pictures wouldn't make things difficult for her on the male-dominated
force.

The LAPD recently launched a recruiting campaign as part of its effort
to improve its image, which has been tarnished by the recent Rampart
Division corruption scandal.

(PHOTO WAS POSTED WITH THE ORIGINAL STORY ON lineofduty.com BUT I KNOW
YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT STUFF)

Ken (NY)
--
Chairman,
Department of Redundancy Department

http://www.danielfaulkner.com/
for the truth about Mumia Abu-Jamal

No trees were harmed to bring you
this e-Presentation...

INTHEDOGHOUSE

May 31, 2001, 11:49:36 AM5/31/01
>Subject: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: Ken4...@usa.NOSPAMnet (Ken (NY))
>Date: 5/31/01 6:29 AM Mountain Daylight Time

I assume by the title of your post that you're wondering if we think that this
qualifies as corruption. I, for one do not. This Officer is entitled to pose
for pictures in any magazine that she wants. I don't think that it will bode
well for her credibility as an Officer, however. It should have nothing to do
with it but, unfortunately, it will.

DJ

Brandiredbonnet

Jun 9, 2001, 9:57:26 PM6/9/01
>I assume by the title of your post that you're wondering if we think that
>this
>qualifies as corruption. I, for one do not. This Officer is entitled to pose
>for pictures in any magazine that she wants. I don't think that it will bode
>well for her credibility as an Officer, however. It should have nothing to
>do
>with it but, unfortunately, it will.
>
> DJ

Well of course DJ has an opinion on everything. She just know's it all. She
could be in this newsgroup all by herself. Why she could post her opinions and
argue with herself and most likely, she will agree with everything she has to
say. She is, afterall, a newsgroup genius. Too bad she is at the lake this
weekend. I did notice however, that when she's not here, neither is
Debbie,(msdidit). Does anyone think thats strange. I also notice that Bubba and
Fuqit are also among the missing. Hmmmmm!

Do you suppose they are ALL at the lake?
Hmmmmmm!

Brandi

Mr. Bubba

Jun 9, 2001, 11:23:30 PM6/9/01
In article <20010609215726...@ng-bh1.aol.com>, Brandiredbonnet
says...

I'am here...I hope their not at Lake Lure.

Bubba

Debbie

Jun 9, 2001, 11:32:04 PM6/9/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: brandir...@aol.com (Brandiredbonnet)
>Date: 6/9/01 8:57 PM Central Daylight Time
JFYI Brandi, DJ and her husband went away for the weekend. Bubba and I aren't
"missing" and FUQIT doesn't post every day of his life. There isn't anything
strange going on, you're as stupid and paranoid as you ever were. BTW, you
talk all this trash about DJ and criticize her every post....wonder where you
came up with the "Hmmmmms" I noticed in your post? You are such a moron!

Debbie

Brandiredbonnet

Jun 10, 2001, 2:57:12 PM6/10/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: msdi...@aol.com (Debbie)
>Date: 6/9/2001 11:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time

My, my, Debbie you sure got your feathers in a ruffle. Did I hit a nerve here.
If so, good.
Hmmmmmmmmm!

Brandi

Robert Hewett

Jun 10, 2001, 4:08:08 PM6/10/01
Ken4...@usa.NOSPAMnet (Ken (NY)) wrote in message news:<3b1738b1...@news.speakeasy.net>...

> LAPD Officer Poses Nude for Playboy

Corruption? There is corruption everywhere isn't there? It could occur
in several ways - hey little girl, so you caught me with a couple ozs
of coke - would you like to see your photo in my mag? Or - better yet,
how about a movie?

Sure why not? Can you see this LAPD arresting someone on the set
snorting? Hell no..why should she give up her $$ for carrying out her
sworn oath?

Should the rest of the force take her seriously? From a libertarian
point of view - absolutely not. However, if you join the force and
swear an oath its a little different than a discussion of LAW.
Swearing an oath is tantamount to the meaning of "keeping the spirit"
of what you are swearing too.

I fail to see how stripping - or nudity in general is in keeping with
the spirit of a police force.

After saying all this, I think you should know I think a first or
second grade teacher should be able to pose nude and not be fired -
she took no oath.

Bob

dci...@cheetah.net

Jun 10, 2001, 3:51:49 PM6/10/01
On 10 Jun 2001 18:57:12 GMT, brandir...@aol.com (Brandiredbonnet)
wrote:

>My, my, Debbie you sure got your feathers in a ruffle. Did I hit a nerve here.
>If so, good.
>Hmmmmmmmmm!
>
> Brandi

Your directing a statement to a specie
of hairless cats.

DCI

Chas

Jun 10, 2001, 5:26:00 PM6/10/01
Robert Hewett wrote:
> Corruption? There is corruption everywhere isn't there? It could occur
> in several ways - hey little girl, so you caught me with a couple ozs
> of coke - would you like to see your photo in my mag? Or - better yet,
> how about a movie?

That would be as opposed to; 'Excuse me Officer, may I offer you a huge
bribe'?
You're actually hypothesizing that she was bribed in order to get a chance
to take her clothes off?
Bwahahahaha!
What a maroon!

> Sure why not? Can you see this LAPD arresting someone on the set
> snorting? Hell no..why should she give up her $$ for carrying out her
> sworn oath?

Well, if she follows the example of her police department, this isn't the
first set of movie people- this isn't the first group of musicians- this
isn't the first group of wealthy cokeheads that got a bye.
Are you hypothesizing that LAPD has been accepting bribes from wealthy
dopers for a long time?

> Should the rest of the force take her seriously?

Between her new gun and the BMW, yeah.

> From a libertarian point of view - absolutely not.

WHAT!?!?
Whoever told you that needs a spanking for lying.

> However, if you join the force and
> swear an oath its a little different than a discussion of LAW.
> Swearing an oath is tantamount to the meaning of "keeping the spirit"
> of what you are swearing too.

If taking off her clothes is the worst she ever does to her holy oath to
enforce the law without fear nor favor, she's ahead of about 40% of her
confrere.

> I fail to see how stripping - or nudity in general is in keeping with
> the spirit of a police force.

Neither is dating whores, hanging around strip joints, throwing batchelor
parties with hookers or getting drunk in public- but it happens all the
time.
I think it's absolutely harmless in comparison.

> After saying all this, I think you should know I think a first or
> second grade teacher should be able to pose nude and not be fired -
> she took no oath.

Hey, one out of two ain't bad.
You're only half assed.
--
Chas
"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing"

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 10, 2001, 7:30:35 PM6/10/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: brandir...@aol.com (Brandiredbonnet)
>Date: 6/9/01 7:57 PM Mountain Daylight Time

Well, Ms Racistbonnet! I hate to disappoint you, but I wasn't at the lake, I
was in fact in a desert resort town! I had a wonderful time, thanks for
caring! Beautiful scenery, good food, good wine and titillating company. BTW,
No one but my wonderful husband of twenty years and I were there. It was our
anniversary.

DJ

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 10, 2001, 7:31:48 PM6/10/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: Mr. Bubba Not-G...@ivebeenframed.com
>Date: 6/9/01 9:23 PM Mountain Daylight Time

No! Definitely not in Lake Lure! We had a wonderful time!

DJ

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 10, 2001, 7:34:36 PM6/10/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: msdi...@aol.com (Debbie)
>Date: 6/9/01 9:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time

Hey Sweetie! Just got back! I see that BSBrandi is still up to her old
tricks! I can't wait to tell you about our trip. I have the most romantic
husband in the world! Watch your mail!

DJ

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 10, 2001, 7:36:24 PM6/10/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: brandir...@aol.com (Brandiredbonnet)
>Date: 6/10/01 12:57 PM Mountain Daylight Time

You didn't ruffle anyones feathers, Brandi. You give yourself too much credit.
Hmmmm......I didn't think you liked Hmmmm's.....<lol> You are a fool, Ol'
girl!

DJ

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 10, 2001, 7:37:23 PM6/10/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: dci...@cheetah.net
>Date: 6/10/01 1:51 PM Mountain Daylight Time

Listen to the opinions that come from this JACKASS!

DJ

Mr. Bubba

Jun 10, 2001, 11:01:44 PM6/10/01
In article <20010610193148...@ng-fj1.aol.com>, INTHEDOGHOUSE says...

GREAT...Glad to hear y'all had a good time.

Bubba

dci...@cheetah.net

Jun 10, 2001, 11:24:03 PM6/10/01
On 10 Jun 2001 23:37:23 GMT, inthed...@aol.com (INTHEDOGHOUSE) wrote:

>>> Brandi
>>

>> Your directing a statement to a specie
>> of hairless cats.
>>
>> DCI
>
>Listen to the opinions that come from this JACKASS!
>
> DJ

Thus, discerning people who need
to listen to opinions of a jackass
will be listening to you.

DCI

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 11, 2001, 1:04:39 AM6/11/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: dci...@cheetah.net
>Date: 6/10/01 9:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time

This isn't up to your usual standard of nastiness, DCI. Slipping or changing
your ways?

DJ

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 11, 2001, 1:06:54 AM6/11/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: Mr. Bubba Not-G...@ivebeenframed.com
>Date: 6/10/01 9:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time

Thanks! It wasn't the lush paradise that you're in, but I love the desert. It
has it's own special beauty.

DJ

dci...@cheetah.net

Jun 11, 2001, 2:41:37 AM6/11/01
On 11 Jun 2001 05:04:39 GMT, inthed...@aol.com (INTHEDOGHOUSE) wrote:

>> Thus, discerning people who need
>> to listen to opinions of a jackass
>> will be listening to you.
>>
>> DCI
>
>This isn't up to your usual standard of nastiness, DCI. Slipping or changing
>your ways?
>
> DJ

You're the one writing the words.

DCI

Debbie

Jun 11, 2001, 4:11:46 AM6/11/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: brandir...@aol.com (Brandiredbonnet)
>Date: 6/10/01 1:57 PM Central Daylight Time

You don't have what it takes to "ruffle feathers" much less hit a nerve. A
long time ago I found you amusing but you're not even amusing anymore. My
replies to you are nothing more than "pity posts", no one but me, DJ and Bubba
if bother with you.

Debbie

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 11, 2001, 11:46:48 AM6/11/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: msdi...@aol.com (Debbie)
>Date: 6/11/01 2:11 AM Mountain Daylight Time

Well said! I am fast losing pity for her too. I've never seen anyone quite so
juvenile as she is....well, maybe DCI. <lol> Do you suppose they are related?

DJ

INTHEDOGHOUSE

Jun 11, 2001, 12:02:14 PM6/11/01
>Subject: Re: LAPD OFFICER POSES NUDE FOR PLAYBOY (corruption?)
>From: dci...@cheetah.net
>Date: 6/11/01 12:41 AM Mountain Daylight Time

You're the only one who doesn't understand them. I guess the answer is, that
you are slipping.

DJ

Robert Hewett

Jun 12, 2001, 4:07:45 PM6/12/01
Chas <gryp...@home.com> wrote in message news:<3B23E58F...@home.com>...

> Robert Hewett wrote:
> > Corruption? There is corruption everywhere isn't there? It could occur
> > in several ways - hey little girl, so you caught me with a couple ozs
> > of coke - would you like to see your photo in my mag? Or - better yet,
> > how about a movie?
>
> That would be as opposed to; 'Excuse me Officer, may I offer you a huge
> bribe'?
> You're actually hypothesizing that she was bribed in order to get a chance
> to take her clothes off?
> Bwahahahaha!
> What a maroon!

If you will resort to name calling and otherwise character
assassination before reading, and by this I mean to imply the attempt
to comprehend, a section of text, then I proclaim you are the
offender of intellection.

> > Sure why not? Can you see this LAPD arresting someone on the set
> > snorting? Hell no..why should she give up her $$ for carrying out her
> > sworn oath?
>
> Well, if she follows the example of her police department, this isn't the
> first set of movie people- this isn't the first group of musicians- this
> isn't the first group of wealthy cokeheads that got a bye.
> Are you hypothesizing that LAPD has been accepting bribes from wealthy
> dopers for a long time?

I'm not proposing that anyone "should" be able to do what they want to
do, although that is my personal belief. The question comes in an
isolated form - should a fem cop be execused from her duties if she
engages in behaviour that is not becomming of the office she has sworn
an oath to. Regardles if Jimmy got away with or Cindy did too,
although for the record Jimmy and cindy should be booted as well.

> > Should the rest of the force take her seriously?
>
> Between her new gun and the BMW, yeah.

Reading last months New Yorker about the LAPD really is shocking. Its
like a cross between a cop show and the tailor in Panama movie....

> > From a libertarian point of view - absolutely not.
>
> WHAT!?!?
> Whoever told you that needs a spanking for lying.

Not sure what happened there. It should have read "absolutely" with
the "not" omitted.

> > However, if you join the force and
> > swear an oath its a little different than a discussion of LAW.
> > Swearing an oath is tantamount to the meaning of "keeping the spirit"
> > of what you are swearing too.
>
> If taking off her clothes is the worst she ever does to her holy oath to
> enforce the law without fear nor favor, she's ahead of about 40% of her
> confrere.

I'll grant that. Does it make it right - are we talking ideals or
practicalities?

> > I fail to see how stripping - or nudity in general is in keeping with
> > the spirit of a police force.
>
> Neither is dating whores, hanging around strip joints, throwing batchelor
> parties with hookers or getting drunk in public- but it happens all the
> time.
> I think it's absolutely harmless in comparison.

Yeah - we should kick all those varmits out too.

> > After saying all this, I think you should know I think a first or
> > second grade teacher should be able to pose nude and not be fired -
> > she took no oath.
>
> Hey, one out of two ain't bad.
> You're only half assed.

Whats with this need to persist in efforts to degenerate the thread?
No wonder the world is at a conflict at all times.

Chas

Jun 12, 2001, 5:26:10 PM6/12/01
Robert Hewett wrote:
> Chas <gryp...@home.com> wrote in message news:<3B23E58F...@home.com>...
> > Bwahahahaha!
> > What a maroon!
> If you will resort to name calling and otherwise character
> assassination before reading, and by this I mean to imply the attempt
> to comprehend, a section of text, then I proclaim you are the
> offender of intellection.

I'm sorry Bob; I didn't realize that logic was a second language situation
for you.
It's all just sort of 'over' when it hits you, isn't it, Bob?

> I'm not proposing that anyone "should" be able to do what they want to
> do, although that is my personal belief. The question comes in an
> isolated form - should a fem cop be execused from her duties if she
> engages in behaviour that is not becomming of the office she has sworn
> an oath to. Regardles if Jimmy got away with or Cindy did too,
> although for the record Jimmy and cindy should be booted as well.

What?
Have somebody give you a hand with this stuff, Bob.

> Reading last months New Yorker about the LAPD really is shocking. Its
> like a cross between a cop show and the tailor in Panama movie....

I'm not much of a movie buff, Bob- nor TV either. Whatever script you're
living is unknown to me.
Let's try 'great books' for plot lines, Bob.

> > > From a libertarian point of view - absolutely not.
> > WHAT!?!?
> > Whoever told you that needs a spanking for lying.
> Not sure what happened there. It should have read "absolutely" with
> the "not" omitted.

Brain farts; no big deal.

> > If taking off her clothes is the worst she ever does to her holy oath to
> > enforce the law without fear nor favor, she's ahead of about 40% of her
> > confrere.
> I'll grant that. Does it make it right - are we talking ideals or
> practicalities?

I'm sorry, partner- I just don't see any conflict between being an
effective law enforcement officer and taking one's clothes off.
And from what little I've seen of her, she's a stunner (get it? 'stunner'?
nevermind)

> > Neither is dating whores, hanging around strip joints, throwing batchelor
> > parties with hookers or getting drunk in public- but it happens all the
> > time.
> > I think it's absolutely harmless in comparison.
> Yeah - we should kick all those varmits out too.

Surely you don't mean detectives too?

> Whats with this need to persist in efforts to degenerate the thread?
> No wonder the world is at a conflict at all times.

It's difficult in this medium to express disapproval and, yes, even
derision, without resorting to just the teensiest shade of deprecation.
Please, do be aware that I don't do it accidentally or without other
intellectual choices. I just kind of enjoy making fun of you over such a
minuscule point as whether some chick ought to drop her laundry for $25K or
not.

--

http://members.nbci.com/kilap/cuecase.htm (Fine Cases and Accessories)
http://members.nbci.com/kilap/cane.html (Combat Cane for Cripples)