Why Do Atheists Fear Christianity?

Prophet

Sep 29, 2010, 7:03:47 PM9/29/10
Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
unacceptable to the christian?

just wondering

raven1

Sep 29, 2010, 7:13:08 PM9/29/10
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:03:47 -0700 (PDT), Prophet <el...@priest.com>
wrote:

>Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>unacceptable to the christian?
>
>just wondering

If I had any idea what the above is supposed to mean, I might be able
to answer you.

Message has been deleted

Conan the bacterium

Sep 29, 2010, 7:31:39 PM9/29/10

> just wondering

Hoooookay...anyone want to take a shot
at translating that into the Terran?

conan

Ralph

Sep 29, 2010, 7:35:41 PM9/29/10

Gee Assman, I didn't know atheists feared Christianity. We fear the
lying cheating followers of Christianity but have no animosity against
the religion.

skye...@yahoo.com

Sep 29, 2010, 7:35:42 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 4:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:

Nobody here is "afraid" of christianity, [M]Adman.

We do, however, tend to be very wary of christians.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

panam...@hotmail.com

Sep 29, 2010, 7:52:52 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:

snip

ROFL! The very fact that you are bothering people in alt.atheism is
because it's actually the other way around.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

JohnN

Sep 29, 2010, 8:17:46 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:

If you define fear as laughing at them so hard one cries, then yes
atheists 'fear' christianity.

What a maroon.

JohnN

Eris

Sep 29, 2010, 8:22:16 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:

I think it is the whipping, back breaking in the rack, impaling,
crucifixion, pedophilia, torture, lynching, burning at the stake, etc.
You get the picture.

R Brown

Sep 29, 2010, 8:32:06 PM9/29/10

"Prophet" <el...@priest.com> wrote in message

> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> unacceptable to the christian?
>
> just wondering

Wow! You really have been driven nuts by your failed attempt to bend science
to your wild-ass dreams.
C'mon Adman, you can scare us better than this can't you?
Science just ignores you guys and that just pisses you right off, dunnit?
Impotence; thy name is creationist.
Sucks to be you.

Buddythunder

Sep 29, 2010, 8:36:58 PM9/29/10
On Sep 30, 12:35 pm, "skyey...@yahoo.com" <skyey...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 4:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> Nobody here is "afraid" of christianity, [M]Adman.
>
> We do, however, tend to be very wary of christians.

Bingo. Christianity seems to make morally normal people do very odd
things indeed. Sometimes harmful things that would be unthinkable
except by the urging of their gods.

Genital mutilation seems to me a fair example.

Doc Smartass

Sep 29, 2010, 8:46:24 PM9/29/10
Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote in news:003d6587-0128-47d8-aa04-
1560f9...@i5g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

> Subject: Why Do Atheists Fear Christianity?

I'm afraid they'll steal my guitar and use it to make ugly music.

I'm afraid they'll steal my car and drive it too slow in the fast lane.

I'm afraid they'll open my Doritos, eat a few, lick the cheese powder off
the rest, then leave them sitting out so they'll get stale.

I'm afraid they'll pee in my toilet without lifting the seat.

I'm afraid they'll mess with the thermostat, making it warmer and trying to
fool me into thinking I'm in hell...then they tell me about their nifty
Escape Plan!

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blogspot.com/

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

"Just when you think you've seen stupid, along comes religion." - J.L.

Mike Jones

Sep 29, 2010, 8:58:26 PM9/29/10
Responding to Prophet:

> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> unacceptable to the christian?
>
> just wondering

Why do you keep asking the same fuckwit questions over and over again?

Checks x-posts...

Ah. Its because you're a fuckwit-troll.

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.

Yap

Sep 29, 2010, 9:23:48 PM9/29/10

Yes, I do fear.......I fear the young with immature minds fall victim
to the lies of your religion.

ilbe...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2010, 10:28:48 PM9/29/10

The reasons atheists fear The Christian Faith or any semblence of
God :

1. It is a threat to their autonomy.
2. It is a threat to needing the freedom to live anyway they feel like
living ...which would not be acceptable to a highly moral Creator.
3. Christians represent standards of morals and ethics ... something
the freethinking atheist feels cramped by. They dont want to be
imposed by high ethical / moral standards.
4. Admitting or acknowledging God brings about humility to someone
higher than Self , so, it must not be done. Nothing can be higher or
more important than Self and self interests.
5. The pursuit of pleasure outweighs wanting to get to know The
Creator of the Universe who has shown himself to be personal and
approachable. Pleasure has become an addiction.
7. The atheists peers would chastise him for abandoning the atheist
faith. He would be mocked and take on the typical stigma of a
Christian .
8. Ones own family would mock him , disown him, or at least bring
discomfort to his new found allegiance to God .
9. The atheist doesnt want to be told what he can and cant do in
life.
10. The atheist is trapped by his own pride and ego...and feels a
must to continue being defiant toward God . He hopes God somehow
cant be real , so no accountability has to be given in the end.

ilbe...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2010, 10:35:12 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 6:15 pm, Andre Lieven <andrelie...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Because Christianity has a very long track record of denying all sorts
> of people their basic rights, including the right to NOT have a
> religion.
>
> -In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to
> Liberty.-
> Thomas Jefferson

Thats so funny what you said. It is the Bible and the fact that
there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .Our
forefathers knew our rights, dignity, and intrinsic worth was due to
being fashioned in the image of the Creator... and not some accidental
burped up Pond Protozoa from DEAD chemicals in the atmosphere.
Atheism doesnt have absolute moral laws...that is a Christian concept
and a reality . You have the right to not have any religion if you
like , but if youre a proclaimed atheist, then you too have a religion
you follow....a secular religion which incorporates a worldview,
constructs, tenets, and affirmative beliefs (secular humanism which
is atheistic) .

ilbe...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2010, 10:37:01 PM9/29/10

Yes you do. And you fear death and the final tally for your life
lived in defiance to God and his ways .

ilbe...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2010, 10:38:42 PM9/29/10

They are a threat to your autonomy , as is anything that has to do
with The Creator . You should be very wary of your pride and
rebellion -- not Christians.

ilbe...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2010, 10:39:29 PM9/29/10

A maroon is something red .

DanielSan

Sep 29, 2010, 10:41:56 PM9/29/10
On 9/29/2010 7:28 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 6:03 pm, Prophet<el...@priest.com> wrote:
>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>> just wondering
>
> The reasons atheists fear The Christian Faith or any semblence of
> God

Exodus 20:16, idiot.

We don't fear the Christian faith.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
EAC Warden - Occam Asylum

ilbe...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2010, 10:43:49 PM9/29/10

But not your religion of atheism that would believe it possible for
the faces on Mt. Rushmore to have arrived by the natural elements of
wind, sun, soil erosion, lightening strikes on rock, mud slides,
time, chance, and luck ??? Does this sound mature to you , or, a
necessary charade to avoid acknowledging a personal Creator for a
personal Cosmos ?

Father Haskell

Sep 29, 2010, 10:51:13 PM9/29/10

For the same reason that we fear rabies and Montezuma's revenge.

Father Haskell

Sep 29, 2010, 10:53:31 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 10:35 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:15 pm, Andre Lieven <andrelie...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> > Because Christianity has a very long track record of denying all sorts
> > of people their basic rights, including the right to NOT have a
> > religion.
>
> > -In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to
> > Liberty.-
> > Thomas Jefferson
>
> Thats so funny what you said.   It is the Bible and the fact that
> there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .

If that were so, I should be able to buy beer on Sunday.

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Sep 29, 2010, 10:38:59 PM9/29/10
Well? Would the OP be willing to share the reasons with us?

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

My personal judgment of monotheism:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

Father Haskell

Sep 29, 2010, 10:56:36 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 10:37 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

If there was a god, you'd have more to fear than us.

huge

Sep 29, 2010, 10:57:13 PM9/29/10
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:53:31 -0700, Father Haskell posted:

Blue laws. Another good reason to get Xinity in check.

--
Not on my time you don't.

DanielSan

Sep 29, 2010, 10:59:07 PM9/29/10

Sorry, but how can something we don't believe in be a threat to our
"autonomy"?

Father Haskell

Sep 29, 2010, 11:00:32 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 10:43 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> But not your religion of atheism that would believe it possible for
> the faces on Mt. Rushmore to have arrived by the natural elements of
> wind, sun, soil erosion, lightening strikes on rock, mud slides,
> time, chance, and luck ???

Prove that they weren't.

Brian E. Clark

Sep 30, 2010, 12:10:13 AM9/30/10
In article <c4a39f70-7ad7-4ca8-8e98-
642067...@c28g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,
deinococcus...@gmail.com says...

> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> Hoooookay...anyone want to take a shot
> at translating that into the Terran?

"I shouldn't have mixed tequila with Nytol."

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

Richo

Sep 30, 2010, 12:34:02 AM9/30/10

Olrik

Sep 30, 2010, 12:42:30 AM9/30/10

You're projecting, troll.

SortingItOut

Sep 30, 2010, 1:00:46 AM9/30/10

Slavery, denial of civil rights....

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 1:25:32 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 7:13 pm, raven1 <quoththera...@nevermore.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:03:47 -0700 (PDT), Prophet <el...@priest.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> >unacceptable to the christian?
>
> >just wondering
>
> If I had any idea what the above is supposed to mean, I might be able
> to answer you.

He starts right off with a faulty conclusion - that atheists
fear Christianity. It's only certain Christians that everyone
should fear. These people have a tendency to go ballistic
and hurt people. You can say the same thing about certain
Muslims, certain Jews, certain Buddhists, certain Hindus, etc.

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 1:49:55 AM9/30/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:

> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> unacceptable to the christian?
>
> just wondering

I don't fear Xinsanity. But it sure seems that Christians fear atheists.
Could it be their fear that we might just be right?

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

"Salvation is NOT dependent on whether we recieved
forgiveness from another person."
--Dimwit Dave (IllBeBauk) 9/27/10

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 1:58:39 AM9/30/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:15 pm, Andre Lieven <andrelie...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> Because Christianity has a very long track record of denying all sorts
>> of people their basic rights, including the right to NOT have a
>> religion.
>>
>> -In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to
>> Liberty.-
>> Thomas Jefferson
>
> Thats so funny what you said. It is the Bible and the fact that
> there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .

Bwaaaahahahahaha! What "absolute moral laws"? The bible condones
slavery. It gives special rights to rapists. It suggests it is OK to
kill your own children for insubordination, something our teenagers do
all the time.

> Our
> forefathers knew our rights, dignity, and intrinsic worth was due to
> being fashioned in the image of the Creator... and not some accidental
> burped up Pond Protozoa from DEAD chemicals in the atmosphere.

Are you absolutely sure we were fashioned in the image of some creator?
Or was the creator fashioned in the image of us? The concept of a
jealous god would be consistent with the latter.

> Atheism doesnt have absolute moral laws

Right. Just common sense. Something Christians never heard of.

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 2:00:19 AM9/30/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, Brian E. Clark
<brian...@address.invalid.invalid> wrote:

Or gone out with Zacharias Mulletstein and a can of bug spray.

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 2:04:48 AM9/30/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

And I'm sure you fear Thor's hammer. And his final decision that you won't
be enjoying Valhalla when you die. Too bad, those Viking girls give great
ghost.

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 2:07:11 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:35 pm, "skyey...@yahoo.com" <skyey...@yahoo.com> wrote:

What the fuck do I care? Christian laws and mores are your problem, not
mine.

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 2:08:33 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 7:17 pm, JohnN <jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>> > unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>> > just wondering
>>
>> If you define fear as laughing at them so hard one cries, then yes
>> atheists 'fear' christianity.
>>
>> What a maroon.
>>
>> JohnN
>
> A maroon is something red .

Once again jesusboy doesn't get it.

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 2:14:05 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> But not your religion of atheism

What religion of atheism? Are non-believers somehow believers? This
screwed-up logic is just so typical of you Christers. If you're going to
blow this shit out your ass, would you at least do us the common decency of
lighting it on fire?

Uncle Vic

Sep 30, 2010, 2:15:15 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> The reasons atheists fear The Christian Faith

1. It demonizes anyone who is not a Christian.
2. I think that about covers it...

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:18:11 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 10:28 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> The reasons atheists   fear The Christian Faith or any semblence of
> God :
>
> 1. It is a threat to their autonomy.

How about your autonomy and disobeying your Bible which
tells you to nother bother people who don't want to hear your
message. You disobey your God every time you invade a
newsgroup that doesn't want you or your message.

> 2. It is a threat to needing the freedom to live anyway they feel like
> living ...which would not be acceptable to a highly moral Creator.

Oh, yeah, what a hedonistic life I've led. No drugs, no alcohol,
no wild parties. I did go to a lot of science fiction and fantasy
conventions where I ...I ... I bought a lot of ... books! And, I
managed to save enough after a year or two to visit England,
Scotland and Wales a few times. I blush to admit it, but I ...I
... I visited historical sights and museums! And, when I visited
my brother in California, I went to even more museums!!!!!!!
Oh, my golly gosh! I'm doomed!!!!

> 3. Christians represent standards of morals and ethics ... something
> the freethinking atheist feels cramped by. They dont want to be
> imposed by high ethical / moral standards.

As far as Christians representing standards of morality and
ethics, that's a crock. They don't represent such things anymore
than anyone else. You certainly don't, no matter how highly you
think of yourself. Isn't pride supposed to be a 'sin'?

> 4.  Admitting or acknowledging God  brings about humility to someone
> higher than Self , so,  it must not be done.  Nothing can be higher or
> more important than Self and self interests.

You don't know the meaning of humility. Who died and
made you 'God'? That is the way you behave. You doom
yourself.

> 5.  The pursuit of pleasure outweighs  wanting to get to know The
> Creator of the Universe who has shown himself to be personal and
> approachable.  Pleasure has become an addiction.

You have yet to provide evidence that your poxy sky
fairy exists. And, we all know why. You can't. You have
no evidence. You just have faith in something someone
told you. And, he learned it from someone else back to
the first fool who fell for a so-called 'prophet'. Faith is
not evidence. It is just voices in your head, in many cases.
In most cases, faith is just believing what someone told
you - taking their word for it. Why? That isn't evidence
of anything.

> 7.  The atheists peers would chastise him for abandoning the atheist
> faith.  He would be mocked  and take on the typical stigma of a
> Christian .

No problem here in alt.atheism. Not one active atheist
member of alt.atheism has ever been converted to a
religion of any kind. As far as mockery is concerned,
we save that for fools like you who allow fear and
mythology to rule your life.

> 8.  Ones own family would mock him , disown him,   or at least bring
> discomfort to his new found allegiance to God .

Hell, no. My family is Jewish. And, they haven't kicked me
out. One of my cousins became a Born Again Christian
when she went to college. When she became ill years later,
her parents took her in and cared for her until she was
strong enough to move out on her own. We have interesting
discussions during family visits. My same aunt and uncle
were upset when they learned I was an atheist. But, when
I mentioned that I'd been an atheist since the age of 12,
they figured that I was the same person they'd always known
and accepted this. Another aunt asked me if I was was a
good person. When I told her that I couldn't live with myself
if I wasn't, she accepted this.

Sorry to disappoint you. Not.

> 9.  The atheist doesnt want to be told what he can and cant do in
> life.

The atheist lives by the laws of the land he/she lives in and
whatever personal philosophy they follow or no philosophy
at all. But, they are still law-abiding.

> 10.  The atheist  is trapped by his own pride and ego...and feels  a
> must to continue being defiant toward God  . He hopes  God somehow
> cant be real  , so  no accountability has to be given in the end.

The fact that you make such an accusation all by itself
shows that you are the one with the pride and ego
problem. Atheists don't care what you believe, as long as
you keep it to yourself and not push it in anyone else's face.
My accountability is to myself, my family, my friends, my
country, my planet and humanity in general. Yours is to a
piddly mythology that you will stick to no matter how many
people you bother or hurt.

What happened to 6.?

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:23:27 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:35 pm, Ralph <mmman...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/29/2010 7:03 PM, Prophet wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering
>
> > Gee Assman, I didn't know atheists feared Christianity. We fear the
> > lying cheating followers of Christianity but have no animosity against
> > the religion.
>
> Yes you do.  And you fear death and the final tally for your life
> lived in defiance to God and his ways .

No, silly boy. It's you Christians who fear death. You don't
know if you're going to heaven or hell. Atheists understand
that death is merely the end to life. If we're lucky enough to
simply wear out, probably most of us welcome the end. If
I was sick and in pain, I know I would welcome the end.

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:26:11 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 10:38 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:35 pm, "skyey...@yahoo.com" <skyey...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 4:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering
>
> > Nobody here is "afraid" of christianity, [M]Adman.
>
> > We do, however, tend to be very wary of christians.
>
> > Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
> > BAAWA Knight
> > EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
> > skyeyes nine at cox dot net
>
> They are a threat to your autonomy , as is anything that has to do
> with The Creator .   You should be very wary of your pride and
> rebellion -- not Christians.

You just can't conceive of anyone not believing in your sky fairy.
Christians like you are so limited in your mental outlook - so
crippled. I feel sorry for you (when you aren't trying and failing
to frighten us with your childish nonsense).

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:27:01 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 10:39 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 7:17 pm, JohnN <jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering
>
> > If you define fear as laughing at them so hard one cries, then yes
> > atheists 'fear' christianity.
>
> > What a maroon.
>
> > JohnN
>
> A maroon is something red .

Ever hear of Bugs Bunny?

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:29:18 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 10:43 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

It's a real pity that the men who carved the Presidents on
Mount Rushmore didn't live to see the idiocy you spout.
They'd laugh their heads off and call you an imbecile.

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:30:32 AM9/30/10

You still have Blue Laws where you live?

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:34:00 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 1:49 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> One fine day in alt.atheism, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> I don't fear Xinsanity.  But it sure seems that Christians fear atheists.
> Could it be their fear that we might just be right?

That's why they are told not to listen to us or read anything
we write. It might 'shake their faith'. That says it all.

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:36:25 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:08 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> wrote:

> >> If you define fear as laughing at them so hard one cries, then yes
> >> atheists 'fear' christianity.
>
> >> What a maroon.
>
> >> JohnN
>
> > A maroon is something red .
>
> Once again jesusboy doesn't get it.

His mommy didn't allow him to watch cartoons. What
a deprived childhood he must have had.

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:38:19 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:14 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> > But not your religion of atheism
>
> What religion of atheism?  Are non-believers somehow believers?  This
> screwed-up logic is just so typical of you Christers.  If you're going to
> blow this shit out your ass, would you at least do us the common decency of
> lighting it on fire?

Davey just says that to be annoying and when he
knows he's failing yet again.

DanielSan

Sep 30, 2010, 2:41:18 AM9/30/10

I couldn't imagine a childhood without Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky
Pig, and the rest of the Looney Tunes gang....

Mickey

Sep 30, 2010, 2:52:35 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:41 am, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> On 9/29/2010 11:36 PM, Mickey wrote:
>

> > On Sep 30, 2:08 am, Uncle Vic<addr...@withheld.com>  wrote:

> >> Once again jesusboy doesn't get it.
>
> > His mommy didn't allow him to watch cartoons. What
> > a deprived childhood he must have had.
>
> I couldn't imagine a childhood without Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky
> Pig, and the rest of the Looney Tunes gang....

And Rocky and Bullwinkle and Fractured Fairytales.
Boris and Natasha, the six foot metal munching Moon
Mice, Gidney and Cloyd, the Rumplestiltskin Man and
the Princess With A Nose Like a Casaba Melon. Ah, bliss!

Devils Advocaat

Sep 30, 2010, 3:04:04 AM9/30/10
On 30 Sep, 00:03, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> unacceptable to the christian?
>
> just wondering

but what annoys the atheist (and Christian alike) are fools that
parrot the lies of others against the warning given by St Augustine:

http://www.pibburns.com/augustin.htm

correctly that would be a good reason for creationists to fear
atheists, if by counter-logic you mean logic that creationists find
unacceptable as it exposes the falsity of their own "logic".

DanielSan

Sep 30, 2010, 3:44:09 AM9/30/10

I didn't get that much out of R&B, to be honest. I loved Dangermouse!

Yap

Sep 30, 2010, 4:08:37 AM9/30/10
On 30 Sep, 09:43, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 8:23 pm, Yap <hhyaps...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 30 Sep, 06:03, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering
>
> > Yes, I do fear.......I fear the young with immature minds fall victim
> > to the lies of your religion.
>
> But not your religion of atheism that would believe it possible for
> the faces on Mt. Rushmore to have arrived by the natural elements of
> wind, sun, soil erosion, lightening strikes on rock, mud slides,
> time, chance, and luck ???   Does this sound mature to you , or,  a
> necessary charade to avoid  acknowledging a personal Creator for a
> personal Cosmos ?

If you do not know about all the elements of nature, then you do
really need the help of your sky pixie.
For me and us atheists, we rely upon our mother nature and work with
human intelligence for advancement.
We also have come a long way without any deity help, and the Chinese
have been so for more than 5,000 years.
Obviously you have issue with reality, but unfortunately living as a
human.

Yap

Sep 30, 2010, 4:16:26 AM9/30/10

That imbecile must have a 3-year old mentality to make that type of
statement?

AllSeeing-I

Sep 30, 2010, 5:21:08 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 1:04 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> wrote:

> >> Gee Assman, I didn't know atheists feared Christianity. We fear the
> >> lying cheating followers of Christianity but have no animosity against
> >> the religion.
>
> > Yes you do.  And you fear death and the final tally for your life
> > lived in defiance to God and his ways .
>
> And I'm sure you fear Thor's hammer.

Thor was Seth.
He threw the war hammer in battle with giants.

Which Giants? The ones mentioned in the bible.

More confirmation the bible is correct.

--

I see you found your foolish error:

"Salvation is NOT dependent on whether we recieved
forgiveness from another person."
--Dimwit Dave (IllBeBauk) 9/27/10

Remember it

AllSeeing-I

Sep 30, 2010, 5:31:24 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 12:58 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 6:15 pm, Andre Lieven <andrelie...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> >> Because Christianity has a very long track record of denying all sorts
> >> of people their basic rights, including the right to NOT have a
> >> religion.
>
> >> -In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to
> >> Liberty.-
> >> Thomas Jefferson
>
> > Thats so funny what you said.   It is the Bible and the fact that
> > there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .
>
> Bwaaaahahahahaha!  What "absolute moral laws"?

Though shalt not murder
Though shalt not lie
Though shalt have no other gods be for me

those moral laws

AllSeeing-I

Sep 30, 2010, 5:35:44 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:04 am, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 30 Sep, 00:03, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering

> but what annoys the atheist (and Christian alike) are fools that
> parrot the lies of others against the warning given by St Augustine:
>
> http://www.pibburns.com/augustin.htm]

Every big organization will have their renegades

> correctly that would be a good reason for creationists to fear
> atheists, if by counter-logic you mean logic that creationists find
> unacceptable as it exposes the falsity of their own "logic".

No. Counter logic is evolution. It goes against everything bit of
logic we observe taking place on this planet,

Therefore, their desperation to pair evolution with science is
unacceptable to the christian. Christians and christianity expose this
counter logic and THAT is why they fear Christianity.

AllSeeing-I

Sep 30, 2010, 5:39:57 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 12:49 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:

> One fine day in alt.atheism, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> I don't fear Xinsanity.  But it sure seems that Christians fear atheists.
> Could it be their fear that we might just be right?
>
> --
> Uncle Vic
> aa Atheist #2011
>
> "Salvation is NOT dependent on whether we recieved
> forgiveness from another person."
> --Dimwit Dave (IllBeBauk)  9/27/10

The only thing we fear are lies. Like the one you corrected above and
have not apologized for.

Wombat

Sep 30, 2010, 5:40:17 AM9/30/10
On 30 Sep, 02:36, Buddythunder <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 12:35 pm, "skyey...@yahoo.com" <skyey...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 29, 4:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering
>
> > Nobody here is "afraid" of christianity, [M]Adman.
>
> > We do, however, tend to be very wary of christians.
>
> Bingo. Christianity seems to make morally normal people do very odd
> things indeed. Sometimes harmful things that would be unthinkable
> except by the urging of their gods.
>
> Genital mutilation seems to me a fair example.

Genital mutilation? Have you got the right religion?

Wombat

Wombat

Sep 30, 2010, 5:43:17 AM9/30/10
On 30 Sep, 04:39, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 7:17 pm, JohnN <jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering
>
> > If you define fear as laughing at them so hard one cries, then yes
> > atheists 'fear' christianity.
>
> > What a maroon.
>
> > JohnN
>
> A maroon is something red .

Add humour to the list of things that DILV does not understand.

Wombat

AllSeeing-I

Sep 30, 2010, 6:00:58 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 7:32 pm, "R Brown" <br...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Prophet" <el...@priest.com> wrote in message
>
> news:003d6587-0128-47d8...@i5g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is

> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> Wow! You really have been driven nuts by your failed attempt to bend science
> to your wild-ass dreams.
> C'mon Adman, you can scare us better than this can't you?
> Science just ignores you guys and that just pisses you right off, dunnit?
> Impotence; thy name is creationist.
> Sucks to be you.

Evolution is ill-logical. It is counter logic. Evolution goes against
everything we see taking place on this planet. No other process on
this planet evolves to the point that it becomes nothing like what it
originally evolved from. Even lava is liquid rock.

Christians know this. So you fear them. They do not buy into the lie
your science has vomited onto the world stage. This lie that says God
used evolution to create is exposed by Christians, Brown.

Have you been watching the clock? Every time you look at it remember.
The last day will be here soon.

--
An Angel eXposing the lie of Evolution is

The All Seeing I

Devils Advocaat

Sep 30, 2010, 6:02:33 AM9/30/10
On 30 Sep, 10:35, AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2:04 am, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 30 Sep, 00:03, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering

> > but what annoys the atheist (and Christian alike) are fools that
> > parrot the lies of others against the warning given by St Augustine:
>
> >http://www.pibburns.com/augustin.htm]
>
> Every big organization will have their renegades

Do you have evidence that St Augustine was a renegade, or are you
admitting that you and your ilk are the renegades of Christianity?

> > correctly that would be a good reason for creationists to fear
> > atheists, if by counter-logic you mean logic that creationists find
> > unacceptable as it exposes the falsity of their own "logic".
>
> No. Counter logic is evolution. It goes against everything bit of
> logic we observe taking place on this planet,

Poor maddy, logic is not something that is observed.

You would know this if you understood logic.

> Therefore, their desperation to pair evolution with science is
> unacceptable to the christian.

You do not have the authority to speak for all Christians on this
matter.

The only Christians that find evolution unacceptable are the
creationists and other minority fundamentalists.

> Christians and christianity expose this
> counter logic and THAT is why they fear Christianity.

It seems to me the fear is in you and your ilk, and not in the
atheists.

After all you and your ilk have continually failed to even demonstrate
that the theory of evolution is wrong.

DanielSan

Sep 30, 2010, 6:16:19 AM9/30/10
On 9/30/2010 3:00 AM, AllSeeing-I wrote:
> On Sep 29, 7:32 pm, "R Brown"<br...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> "Prophet"<el...@priest.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:003d6587-0128-47d8...@i5g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>>> just wondering
>>
>> Wow! You really have been driven nuts by your failed attempt to bend science
>> to your wild-ass dreams.
>> C'mon Adman, you can scare us better than this can't you?
>> Science just ignores you guys and that just pisses you right off, dunnit?
>> Impotence; thy name is creationist.
>> Sucks to be you.
>

> Evolution is ill-logical. It is counter logic. Evolution goes against
> everything we see taking place on this planet. No other process on
> this planet evolves to the point that it becomes nothing like what it
> originally evolved from. Even lava is liquid rock.

Why do you keep smearing your lies about evolution all over the place?

AllSeeing-I

Sep 30, 2010, 6:30:21 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 9:28 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> The reasons atheists   fear The Christian Faith or any semblence of
> God :
>
> 1. It is a threat to their autonomy.
> 2. It is a threat to needing the freedom to live anyway they feel like
> living ...which would not be acceptable to a highly moral Creator.
> 3. Christians represent standards of morals and ethics ... something
> the freethinking atheist feels cramped by. They dont want to be
> imposed by high ethical / moral standards.
> 4.  Admitting or acknowledging God  brings about humility to someone
> higher than Self , so,  it must not be done.  Nothing can be higher or
> more important than Self and self interests.
> 5.  The pursuit of pleasure outweighs  wanting to get to know The
> Creator of the Universe who has shown himself to be personal and
> approachable.  Pleasure has become an addiction.
> 7.  The atheists peers would chastise him for abandoning the atheist
> faith.  He would be mocked  and take on the typical stigma of a
> Christian .
> 8.  Ones own family would mock him , disown him,   or at least bring
> discomfort to his new found allegiance to God .
> 9.  The atheist doesnt want to be told what he can and cant do in
> life.
> 10.  The atheist  is trapped by his own pride and ego...and feels  a
> must to continue being defiant toward God  . He hopes  God somehow
> cant be real  , so  no accountability has to be given in the end.

Correct on all accounts

raven1

Sep 30, 2010, 8:35:54 AM9/30/10
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:37:01 -0700 (PDT), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sep 29, 6:35 pm, Ralph <mmman...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> On 9/29/2010 7:03 PM, Prophet wrote:
>>
>> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>> > unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>> > just wondering
>>

>> Gee Assman, I didn't know atheists feared Christianity. We fear the
>> lying cheating followers of Christianity but have no animosity against
>> the religion.
>
>Yes you do.

Wrong.

>And you fear death and the final tally for your life
>lived in defiance to God and his ways .

Very wrong.

raven1

Sep 30, 2010, 8:38:14 AM9/30/10
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:43:49 -0700 (PDT), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sep 29, 8:23 pm, Yap <hhyaps...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 30 Sep, 06:03, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>> > unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>> > just wondering
>>

>> Yes, I do fear.......I fear the young with immature minds fall victim
>> to the lies of your religion.
>
>But not your religion of atheism

Atheism isn't a religion, idiot.

>that would believe it possible for
>the faces on Mt. Rushmore to have arrived by the natural elements of
>wind, sun, soil erosion, lightening strikes on rock, mud slides,
>time, chance, and luck ??? Does this sound mature to you ,

No, it sounds like an idiotic strawman.

> or, a
>necessary charade to avoid acknowledging a personal Creator for a
>personal Cosmos ?

I see no reason to think that such a creator exists, and it wouldn't
change my life in any way if I thought otherwise.

raven1

Sep 30, 2010, 8:39:05 AM9/30/10
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:28:48 -0700 (PDT), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sep 29, 6:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>> just wondering
>

>The reasons atheists fear The Christian Faith or any semblence of
>God :
>
>1. It is a threat to their autonomy.
>2. It is a threat to needing the freedom to live anyway they feel like
>living ...which would not be acceptable to a highly moral Creator.
>3. Christians represent standards of morals and ethics ... something
>the freethinking atheist feels cramped by. They dont want to be
>imposed by high ethical / moral standards.
>4. Admitting or acknowledging God brings about humility to someone
>higher than Self , so, it must not be done. Nothing can be higher or
>more important than Self and self interests.
>5. The pursuit of pleasure outweighs wanting to get to know The
>Creator of the Universe who has shown himself to be personal and
>approachable. Pleasure has become an addiction.
>7. The atheists peers would chastise him for abandoning the atheist
>faith. He would be mocked and take on the typical stigma of a
>Christian .
>8. Ones own family would mock him , disown him, or at least bring
>discomfort to his new found allegiance to God .
>9. The atheist doesnt want to be told what he can and cant do in
>life.
>10. The atheist is trapped by his own pride and ego...and feels a
>must to continue being defiant toward God . He hopes God somehow
>cant be real , so no accountability has to be given in the end.

Wow. Do you really believe that bullshit? Why?

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 8:45:31 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> unacceptable to the christian?
>
> just wondering

It's most likely the 2,000 year history of bloodshed, torture, forced
conversions, and murder.

"I find it more than a little insane to think that the very
organization that professes "love thy neighbor" is also the same
organization whose members have invented the most criminally ingenious
torture devices known to man."

Duke Frederrick Scalppelli, 1679 Statement made after the civil
authorities brought

This is why chrstianity, nor any other religion, can never be allowed
to also wield the power of the civil goverment. They have proven
time and again that they cannot be trusted..

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 8:48:15 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > just wondering
>
> The reasons atheists   fear The Christian Faith or any semblence of
> God :

Is a figment of your overactive imaginations. We fear the idiotic
fanatical followers, not the religion, and it is not possible to fear
that which doesn't exist.

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 8:48:43 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:15 pm, Andre Lieven <andrelie...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> > Because Christianity has a very long track record of denying all sorts
> > of people their basic rights, including the right to NOT have a
> > religion.
>
> > -In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to
> > Liberty.-
> > Thomas Jefferson
>
> Thats so funny what you said.   It is the Bible and the fact that
> there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .

Bullshit.

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 8:49:39 AM9/30/10
wrote:

> On Sep 29, 8:23 pm, Yap <hhyaps...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 30 Sep, 06:03, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> > > unacceptable to the christian?
>
> > > just wondering
>
> > Yes, I do fear.......I fear the young with immature minds fall victim
> > to the lies of your religion.
>
> But not your religion of atheism

There is no such thing as a religion of atheism.

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 8:53:58 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 10:53 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 10:35 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 6:15 pm, Andre Lieven <andrelie...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> > > Because Christianity has a very long track record of denying all sorts
> > > of people their basic rights, including the right to NOT have a
> > > religion.
>
> > > -In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to
> > > Liberty.-
> > > Thomas Jefferson
>
> > Thats so funny what you said.   It is the Bible and the fact that
> > there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .
>
> If that were so, I should be able to buy beer on Sunday.

You would think that if his "bible" where the basis for human rights,
we would have had human rights for the last 3,500 years or so.
Instead it has only been the last 2 or three centuries that human
rights have even been considered outside of a few bright spots in
earlier history. Ironically, the greatest advances in our human right
came after governments, particularly those in the West, separated from
religion, and tossed out the bible as the documentary basis for our
laws.

Look at the middle east for an example of what the west would still be
like without that separation.

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 9:06:28 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:27 am, Mickey <hypati...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 10:39 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> wrote:

> > > If you define fear as laughing at them so hard one cries, then yes
> > > atheists 'fear' christianity.
>
> > > What a maroon.
>
> > > JohnN
>
> > A maroon is something red .
>
> Ever hear of Bugs Bunny?- Hide quoted text -

I suspect that when Bugs called Taz a "maroon", he was probably saying
"Marroon", which is sort of a slang that was used almost exclusively
in New York as "Bowery Slang", which simply meant "thick" (As in
thick headed) This was a local slang, and outside of Bugs Bunny that
somewhat popularized its usage, as far as I know it never made it to
the status of ever becoming an English word.

Maroon, on the other hand, has a few different definitions, from my
search on dictionary.com.

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 9:07:48 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:30 am, Mickey <hypati...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 10:53 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 29, 10:35 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:

> > > Thats so funny what you said.   It is the Bible and the fact that
> > > there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .
>
> > If that were so, I should be able to buy beer on Sunday.
>
> You still have Blue Laws where you live?- Hide quoted text -

It varies from county to county, but yes, in some areas you sitll
can't buy liquor on Sunday.

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 9:10:32 AM9/30/10

The first two have been found in civil laws that predate your bible.

Jimbo

Sep 30, 2010, 9:11:03 AM9/30/10

It doesn't seem that you fear to lie very much, non-seeing idiot.

tirebiter

Sep 30, 2010, 9:20:42 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:29 am, Mickey <hypati...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 10:43 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

> wrote:

> > > Yes, I do fear.......I fear the young with immature minds fall victim
> > > to the lies of your religion.
>
> > But not your religion of atheism that would believe it possible for

> > the faces on Mt. Rushmore to have arrived by the natural elements of
> > wind, sun, soil erosion, lightening strikes on rock, mud slides,
> > time, chance, and luck ???   Does this sound mature to you , or,  a

> > necessary charade to avoid  acknowledging a personal Creator for a
> > personal Cosmos ?
>
> It's a real pity that the men who carved the Presidents on
> Mount Rushmore didn't live to see the idiocy you spout.
> They'd laugh their heads off and call you an imbecile.

Some might still be alive. The work was stopped in 1941.

I Guess this idiotic analogy is akin to Ray Comfort's inability to
distinguish a coke can in a forest as not being a part of nature.

They both suffer from the same error. If you only use superficial
observation and nothing else to determine the origin of something,
you've got a very small chance of being right.

---
a.a. #2273

Zacharias Mulletstein

Sep 30, 2010, 9:36:49 AM9/30/10

"Prophet" <el...@priest.com> wrote in message

> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
> unacceptable to the christian?

Because they know its true deep down inside.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:37:51 AM9/30/10
On 9/29/2010 10:35 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 6:15 pm, Andre Lieven<andrelie...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> Because Christianity has a very long track record of denying all sorts
>> of people their basic rights, including the right to NOT have a
>> religion.
>>
>> -In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to
>> Liberty.-
>> Thomas Jefferson
>
> Thats so funny what you said. It is the Bible and the fact that
> there are absolute moral laws that are the basis for Human Rights .Our
> forefathers knew our rights, dignity, and intrinsic worth was due to
> being fashioned in the image of the Creator... and not some accidental
> burped up Pond Protozoa from DEAD chemicals in the atmosphere.
> Atheism doesnt have absolute moral laws...that is a Christian concept
> and a reality . You have the right to not have any religion if you
> like , but if youre a proclaimed atheist, then you too have a religion
> you follow....a secular religion which incorporates a worldview,
> constructs, tenets, and affirmative beliefs (secular humanism which
> is atheistic) .

Why do you think Jefferson thought that way, Davey?

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:44:13 AM9/30/10

For one thing Assman, that last item isn't a moral law. For another you
need to understand that other societies had laws such as this,
independent of the bible. For a couple, have you ever heard of Confucius
or The Code of Hammurabi

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:48:01 AM9/30/10
On 9/29/2010 10:37 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 6:35 pm, Ralph<mmman...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On 9/29/2010 7:03 PM, Prophet wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>>> just wondering
>>
>> Gee Assman, I didn't know atheists feared Christianity. We fear the
>> lying cheating followers of Christianity but have no animosity against
>> the religion.
>
> Yes you do. And you fear death and the final tally for your life

> lived in defiance to God and his ways .

I know that this will be far beyond the capacity of your tiny brain to
handle but give it a shot anyway. Atheists probably fear death the least
of any group. We know that the only thing that death brings is eternal
rest. The process of death concerns us, as it should but not the fact of
death.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:49:38 AM9/30/10
On 9/30/2010 5:21 AM, AllSeeing-I wrote:

> On Sep 30, 1:04 am, Uncle Vic<addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
>> One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com"<ilbeba...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes you do. And you fear death and the final tally for your life
>>> lived in defiance to God and his ways .
>>
>> And I'm sure you fear Thor's hammer.
>
> Thor was Seth.
> He threw the war hammer in battle with giants.
>
> Which Giants? The ones mentioned in the bible.
>
> More confirmation the bible is correct.

ROTFLMAO!! Yeah, that is about the pinnacle of confirmation that the
bible is correct.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:50:44 AM9/30/10
On 9/29/2010 10:38 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 6:35 pm, "skyey...@yahoo.com"<skyey...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> On Sep 29, 4:03 pm, Prophet<el...@priest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>>> just wondering
>>
>> Nobody here is "afraid" of christianity, [M]Adman.
>>
>> We do, however, tend to be very wary of christians.
>>
>> Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
>> BAAWA Knight
>> EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
>> skyeyes nine at cox dot net
>
> They are a threat to your autonomy , as is anything that has to do
> with The Creator . You should be very wary of your pride and
> rebellion -- not Christians.

Ignorant fool.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:51:50 AM9/30/10
On 9/29/2010 10:39 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 7:17 pm, JohnN<jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet<el...@priest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>>> just wondering
>>
>> If you define fear as laughing at them so hard one cries, then yes
>> atheists 'fear' christianity.
>>
>> What a maroon.
>>
>> JohnN
>
> A maroon is something red .

A maroon is a joke about a creationist who posted long ago. It might
even have been Assman.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:53:41 AM9/30/10

Poor Christians, the strength they have is all based on something that
is not on earth.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:54:42 AM9/30/10
On 9/29/2010 10:43 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 8:23 pm, Yap<hhyaps...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 30 Sep, 06:03, Prophet<el...@priest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>>> just wondering
>>
>> Yes, I do fear.......I fear the young with immature minds fall victim
>> to the lies of your religion.
>
> But not your religion of atheism that would believe it possible for
> the faces on Mt. Rushmore to have arrived by the natural elements of
> wind, sun, soil erosion, lightening strikes on rock, mud slides,
> time, chance, and luck ??? Does this sound mature to you , or, a
> necessary charade to avoid acknowledging a personal Creator for a
> personal Cosmos ?

No, that doesn't sound mature. Sounds like the statement of a damn fool.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:57:25 AM9/30/10
On 9/30/2010 5:39 AM, AllSeeing-I wrote:
> On Sep 30, 12:49 am, Uncle Vic<addr...@withheld.com> wrote:

>> One fine day in alt.atheism, Prophet<el...@priest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>>> just wondering
>>
>> I don't fear Xinsanity. But it sure seems that Christians fear atheists.
>> Could it be their fear that we might just be right?
>>
>> --
>> Uncle Vic
>> aa Atheist #2011
>>
>> "Salvation is NOT dependent on whether we recieved
>> forgiveness from another person."
>> --Dimwit Dave (IllBeBauk) 9/27/10
>
> The only thing we fear are lies. Like the one you corrected above and
> have not apologized for.

That is called a mistake, you god damn fool. Learn the difference
between the two.

Ralph

Sep 30, 2010, 9:57:56 AM9/30/10
On 9/30/2010 5:35 AM, AllSeeing-I wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2:04 am, Devils Advocaat<mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> On 30 Sep, 00:03, Prophet<el...@priest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>
>>> just wondering

>> but what annoys the atheist (and Christian alike) are fools that
>> parrot the lies of others against the warning given by St Augustine:
>>
>> http://www.pibburns.com/augustin.htm]
>
> Every big organization will have their renegades

>> correctly that would be a good reason for creationists to fear
>> atheists, if by counter-logic you mean logic that creationists find
>> unacceptable as it exposes the falsity of their own "logic".
>
> No. Counter logic is evolution. It goes against everything bit of
> logic we observe taking place on this planet,
>
> Therefore, their desperation to pair evolution with science is
> unacceptable to the christian. Christians and christianity expose this
> counter logic and THAT is why they fear Christianity.

:-))))))))).

Christopher A. Lee

Sep 30, 2010, 9:58:07 AM9/30/10

I suggest you check your knowledge of popular culture.

Prophet

Sep 30, 2010, 10:13:27 AM9/30/10

Lookie there! 10 double chins!

Prophet

Sep 30, 2010, 10:14:35 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 8:36 am, "Zacharias Mulletstein"

one right answer in 90 posts

Devils Advocaat

Sep 30, 2010, 10:26:29 AM9/30/10
On 30 Sep, 11:02, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 30 Sep, 10:35, AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:

> > > but what annoys the atheist (and Christian alike) are fools that
> > > parrot the lies of others against the warning given by St Augustine:
>
> > >http://www.pibburns.com/augustin.htm]
>
> > Every big organization will have their renegades
>
> Do you have evidence that St Augustine was a renegade, or are you
> admitting that you and your ilk are the renegades of Christianity?

> > > correctly that would be a good reason for creationists to fear
> > > atheists, if by counter-logic you mean logic that creationists find
> > > unacceptable as it exposes the falsity of their own "logic".
>
> > No. Counter logic is evolution. It goes against everything bit of
> > logic we observe taking place on this planet,
>
> Poor maddy, logic is not something that is observed.
>
> You would know this if you understood logic.
>

> > Therefore, their desperation to pair evolution with science is
> > unacceptable to the christian.
>
> You do not have the authority to speak for all Christians on this
> matter.
>
> The only Christians that find evolution unacceptable are the
> creationists and other minority fundamentalists.

> > Christians and christianity expose this
> > counter logic and THAT is why they fear Christianity.
>
> It seems to me the fear is in you and your ilk, and not in the
> atheists.
>
> After all you and your ilk have continually failed to even demonstrate
> that the theory of evolution is wrong.

Curious how my previous post has been rated by a number of users as
poor and how maddy's post to which I was responding has been rated by
a similar number of users as excellent.

tirebiter

Sep 30, 2010, 10:37:30 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 9:36 am, "Zacharias Mulletstein"

Except they wouldn'be atheists then, would they?

---
a.a. #2273

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 30, 2010, 10:38:58 AM9/30/10
It must be for that reason alone.

Doc Smartass

Sep 30, 2010, 10:51:47 AM9/30/10
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote in news:6e492fc1-6f42-
46cd-aa7c-a...@p26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

> But[head]

Yes, you are.

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blogspot.com/

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

"Just when you think you've seen stupid, along comes religion." - J.L.

Doc Smartass

Sep 30, 2010, 11:03:26 AM9/30/10
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote in news:206c045d-c3e9-
4a95-85e8-3...@f26g2000vbm.googlegroups.com:

> T[ard]

Yup, you are.

Doc Smartass

Sep 30, 2010, 11:06:02 AM9/30/10
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote in news:ee2208f1-f960-
4a11-8b7b-d...@a19g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

> T[CENSORED]

You're a ranting imbecile.

Doc Smartass

Sep 30, 2010, 11:10:50 AM9/30/10
Father Haskell <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:db2dc688-13c7-
4f42-9a2d-8...@c16g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

> On Sep 29, 7:03 pm, Prophet <el...@priest.com> wrote:

>> Could it be their desperation to pair counter-logic with science is
>> unacceptable to the christian?
>>

>> just wondering
>
> For the same reason that we fear rabies and Montezuma's revenge.

Hmmm. I had a hickie from a religious chick once...you think if the'd
broken the skin I'd have religion? =0

Seems to me a good case of Montezuma's should clean out even religion.
One of those "Everything MUST GO!" deals. It'd be cool if it worked like
that.

"Doctor, my son Dave is a religious idiot."
"Have him eat two Taco Bell 'chalupas' and call me in two days."

It is loading more messages.