America - Founded on CHRIST

1 view

Loirbaj

Jul 12, 2011, 5:15:08 PM7/12/11
From Washington to Lincoln and Wilson
and today, every president gives thanks to
Christ for America. Shouldn't YOU, too?

The birthday of the nation is indissolubly
linked with the birthday of the Savior.
--President John Quincy Adams.

Loirbaj

Jul 14, 2011, 6:43:12 AM7/14/11
It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
the very text of the Constitution, at last line.

Davej

Jul 14, 2011, 10:16:51 AM7/14/11

"Year of our Lord Krishna?"

JessHC

Jul 14, 2011, 11:25:05 AM7/14/11

Liar.

Dakota

Jul 14, 2011, 11:41:15 AM7/14/11

Year of our Lord Vader?

Olrik

Jul 14, 2011, 11:59:44 AM7/14/11

Year of our Lord of the Rings?

Christopher A. Lee

Jul 14, 2011, 12:20:45 PM7/14/11

Year of Screaming Lord Sutch?

JohnN

Jul 14, 2011, 12:47:05 PM7/14/11
On Jul 14, 12:20 pm, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:

Years of our Lord of the Flies?

JohnN

harry k

Jul 14, 2011, 1:06:52 PM7/14/11

The signature line is not "text" and that meaningless little phrase
was common to any communication. Means as much as mouthing the Lord's
prayer without thinking about it. Bet you can't even say what is in
it without repeating it first.

Harry K

Apostate

Jul 14, 2011, 1:33:28 PM7/14/11
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:47:05 -0700 (PDT), JohnN <jnor...@hotmail.com> wrote in
alt.atheism:

I'll thank you to leave the House of Representatives out of this.

--
Apostate alt.atheist #1931 SOBWAG #1
BAAWA Knife AND SMASHer freelance Minion #'e'

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt." -- Bertrand Russell

"Mr. Worf, set phasers on "Fuck You" and fire at will."
-- Doc Smartass

"Nature has a dark sense of humor, but life is certainly
one of the things it laughs at."
-- Rinaldo of Capadoccia

e-mail to %mynick%periodaaperiod%myAA#%@gee!mail!dottedcommie

Don Martin

Jul 14, 2011, 1:39:14 PM7/14/11

Your ignorance does not cause much in the way of griping and
festering, except for your own.

Christopher A. Lee

Jul 14, 2011, 1:45:48 PM7/14/11

You know that is a lie.

All-Seeing-|

Jul 14, 2011, 3:57:46 PM7/14/11

Signed in the year of our lord 1776

SkyEyes

Jul 14, 2011, 4:11:34 PM7/14/11

What, by using "In the year of our Lord" to define the date? Oh,
please.

<Dies laughing>

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

Conan the bacterium

Jul 14, 2011, 4:53:11 PM7/14/11
On Jul 14, 3:43 am, Loirbaj <Rhodi...@wmconnect.com> wrote:

About as much as today's being recognized
worldwide as a reverent nod to the God
of Thunder festers in yours.

Or yesterday's as an international tribute
to his sire, the All-Father, Who hung
on the tree for eleven days and emerged
the better for it.

conan

JohnN

Jul 14, 2011, 4:41:46 PM7/14/11

Which lord, George III?

JohnN

panam...@hotmail.com

Jul 14, 2011, 5:01:28 PM7/14/11

Year of our Lord, I'm so tired?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsoa1wHJT2E

-PF, Atl.
#2015/KoBAAWA!

Interested Lurker

Jul 14, 2011, 5:23:13 PM7/14/11

I'm writing this post at 22.22 p.m. on 14/07/2011 AD. Does it mean I
believe in your fictional Christ?
--
Organised religion is violent, irrational, intolerant,
allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in

The Bible is bollocks - me.

The Quran is cobblers - also me.

Free Lunch

Jul 14, 2011, 5:54:26 PM7/14/11
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:57:46 -0500, "All-Seeing-|" <allse...@usa.com>
wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

So you are so ignorant that you think that a dating convention is an
invocation of God? Wow!

Dakota

Jul 14, 2011, 6:04:02 PM7/14/11

I've switched from the old BC/AD (Before Christ/Anno Domini (Year of
Lord)) to the modern BCE/CE (Before Common Era/Common Era) designations.
For convenience, the dates remain the same.

Dakota

Jul 14, 2011, 6:14:35 PM7/14/11

Julius Caesar, in whose honor this month is named, would be pleased.

September 17, 1787, the date that appears in the Constitution, falls on
the day sacred to the Moon Goddess.

All-Seeing-|

Jul 14, 2011, 6:51:40 PM7/14/11

The one on the bible that they all mentioned at one time or another. THAT
one

Free Lunch

Jul 14, 2011, 7:05:00 PM7/14/11
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:51:40 -0500, "All-Seeing-|" <allse...@usa.com>
wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

>JohnN wrote:

You do understand that this is a convention based on a defective
calculation, do you not?

All-Seeing-|

Jul 14, 2011, 7:08:44 PM7/14/11

oh? Caculate this

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is
wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

Free Lunch

Jul 14, 2011, 7:09:29 PM7/14/11
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 18:08:44 -0500, "All-Seeing-|" <allse...@usa.com>
wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

Moral people don't need to be religious.

Loirbaj

Jul 14, 2011, 9:35:25 PM7/14/11
It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
the very text of the Constitution, at last line.

mike said,
That is not talking about Jesus but Thor

BroilJAB laughed
THAT is your best effort?

Mitchell Holman

Jul 14, 2011, 10:04:20 PM7/14/11
"All-Seeing-|" <allse...@usa.com> wrote in news:ivnstu$8sk$1@dont-
email.me:

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for
absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept
for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole
carloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in
Christianity."
-- John Adams

"Question with boldness even the existence of God;
because, if there be one, he must more approve of the
homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish,
Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human
inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and
monopolize power and profit.
-- Thomas Paine, (1737-1809)

"It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty,
rapine and murder; for the belief of a cruel God
makes a cruel man.
-- Thomas Paine

"The Bible: a history of wickedness that has served
to corrupt and brutalise mankind.
-- Thomas Paine

"The Christian system of religion is an outrage on
common sense."
-- Thomas Paine

"Christianity is the most perverted system that
ever shone on man."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"This would be the best of all possible worlds,
if there were no religion in it."
-- John Adams

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming
feature."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early
in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin

"The purpose of separation of church and state is
to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless
strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood
for centuries."
-- James Madison

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and
is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions
of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both
Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the
most bloody religion that ever existed? -
- John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec 27, 1

harry k

Jul 15, 2011, 12:29:21 AM7/15/11
On Jul 14, 4:08 pm, "All-Seeing-|" <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> Free Lunch wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:51:40 -0500, "All-Seeing-|"
> > <allseei...@usa.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
> wholly inadequate to the government of any other."  John Adams- Hide quoted text -

The same John Adams who signed a treaty that explicitly stated "this
country is not founded on Christianity"

Harry K

Loirbaj

Jul 15, 2011, 3:55:04 AM7/15/11
It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
the very text of the Constitution, at last line.

BroilJAB mused,
I see another lawsuit on file to try to
remove Christ from the governing paradigm.
I suppose it should antagonize a deviant
to be shown that America is founded on
Jesus.

The birthday of the nation is indissolubly
linked with the birthday of the Savior.
--President John Quincy Adams.

Mike Jones

Jul 15, 2011, 11:21:19 AM7/15/11
Responding to: JohnN

If y'all look at the original documents, you'll see that that "o" is
actually an "a". IOW: ...year of our /lard/...

This, of course, explains why so many Americans are so "big boned".

Dipso fatso, I think! ;)

--
*=( http://www.churchofreality.org/

FreeThink

Jul 15, 2011, 11:32:43 AM7/15/11

I'm sure he thought that it was all the effort that was deserved

Dakota

Jul 15, 2011, 12:02:08 PM7/15/11

His sentence structure makes it clear that Adams recognized that moral
people and religious people fall into separate categories. The
Constitution was made for moral people. It was also made for religious
people.

Dakota

Jul 15, 2011, 12:06:16 PM7/15/11
On Thu 7/14/11 16:23, Interested Lurker wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:57:46 -0500, "All-Seeing-|"
> <allse...@usa.com> wrote:
>
>> Christopher A. Lee wrote:

>>> You know that is a lie.
>>
>> Signed in the year of our lord 1776

The Constitution was signed in 1787. I recommend that ASI get a copy and
have someone read it to him.

Conan the bacterium

Jul 15, 2011, 12:18:15 PM7/15/11

<>

WHAT?!?

Ah geez...

<facepalm...>

conan

Budikka666

Jul 15, 2011, 2:09:40 PM7/15/11
Funny how you RAN AWAY when I gave you the opportunity to support this
mythical Christ you so love to LIE about:
http://tinyurl.com/6kck7b5

Budikka

Loirbaj

Jul 15, 2011, 5:30:30 PM7/15/11
It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
the very text of the Constitution, at last line.

mike said,
That is not talking about Jesus but some
other Lord

BroilJAB said,
So afraid of reality are the atheists, they
actually think Lord Cornwallis is to whom
the Constitution refers.

Loirbaj

Jul 15, 2011, 7:07:29 PM7/15/11
Every day, spend a bit of time outside in
His Creation and give thanks to JESUS.

JohnN

Jul 15, 2011, 10:57:20 PM7/15/11

Hey, I represent that!

JohnN

JohnN

Jul 15, 2011, 10:59:09 PM7/15/11

Baal?

JohnN

All-Seeing-|

Jul 16, 2011, 12:55:54 AM7/16/11

You guys can't even do a cascade right. No WONDER you believe in evolution

Christopher A. Lee

Jul 16, 2011, 2:41:24 AM7/16/11
<allse...@usa.com> wrote:

>Christopher A. Lee wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 03:43:12 -0700 (PDT), Loirbaj

>> <Rhod...@wmconnect.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
>>> atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
>>> the very text of the Constitution, at last line.
>>

>> You know that is a lie.
>
>Signed in the year of our lord 1776

Idiot.

ckdb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 2:58:22 AM7/16/11
On Jul 14, 6:43 am, Loirbaj <Rhodi...@wmconnect.com> wrote:
> It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
> atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
> the very text of the Constitution, at last line.

lol! Yeah, the signature line, but no where in the text, body, the
BOR, or any other amendments. It appears as a common form of verbiage
used at that time to describe a date. No where does it state the the
country was ever founded on your christ on a popsickle stick.

Additionally, it says "The year of our lord", it could easily be the
year of our lord Odin.

ckdb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 2:59:38 AM7/16/11
On Jul 14, 3:57 pm, "All-Seeing-|" <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> Christopher A. Lee wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 03:43:12 -0700 (PDT), Loirbaj

> > <Rhodi...@wmconnect.com> wrote:
>
> >> It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
> >> atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
> >> the very text of the Constitution, at last line.
>
> > You know that is a lie.
>
> Signed in the year of our lord 1776

1789 you fucking idiot.

ckdb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 3:03:10 AM7/16/11
On Jul 14, 6:51 pm, "All-Seeing-|" <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:

Nonsense, you have no evidence to connect one to the other, nor is it
a legally binding claus to the body of the Constitution regardless.

ckdb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 3:05:22 AM7/16/11
On Jul 14, 7:08 pm, "All-Seeing-|" <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> Free Lunch wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:51:40 -0500, "All-Seeing-|"
> > <allseei...@usa.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
> wholly inadequate to the government of any other."  John Adams- Hide quoted text -

"To place in the hands of any one person or one governing body both
the power of Governmnet, and the power of God is evil in conception
and practice, and has been the bane of mankind throughout much of
hisstory."

John Adams

ckdb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 3:07:05 AM7/16/11
On Jul 15, 7:07 pm, Loirbaj <Rhodi...@wmconnect.com> wrote:
> Every day, spend a bit of time outside in
> His Creation and give thanks to JESUS.

As soon as you can prove with empirical, objective evidence that your
magical sky-daddy exists, I will consider your request.

ckdb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 3:08:16 AM7/16/11

you guys can't even give empirical evidence that your magical sky-
daddy exists, no wonder you're such idiots.

ckdb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 3:02:21 AM7/16/11
On Jul 14, 6:14 pm, Dakota <ma...@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu 7/14/11 15:53, Conan the bacterium wrote:
>

> > On Jul 14, 3:43 am, Loirbaj<Rhodi...@wmconnect.com>  wrote:

> >> It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
> >> atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
> >> the very text of the Constitution, at last line.
>
> > About as much as today's being recognized
> > worldwide as a reverent nod to the God
> > of Thunder festers in yours.
>
> > Or yesterday's as an international tribute
> > to his sire, the All-Father, Who hung
> > on the tree for eleven days and emerged
> > the better for it.
>
> > conan
>
> Julius Caesar, in whose honor this month is named, would be pleased.
>
> September 17, 1787, the date that appears in the Constitution, falls on
> the day sacred to the Moon Goddess.- Hide quoted text -

The first signature didn't appear on the Constitution until February
of 1789. People didn't travel in the measure of hours in those days,
the Constitution was signed over a period of about 4 years, and full
ratification of the 13 colonies took about five years, if memory
serves.

tom....@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 3:09:28 AM7/16/11
On Jul 14, 6:43 am, Loirbaj <Rhodi...@wmconnect.com> wrote:
> It should not gripe and fester in the gut of the
> atheist that the Founders codified Jesus into
> the very text of the Constitution, at last line.

Nawww..no reason to feel anything about a skyfairy anyway...especially
since the Constitution has numerous references to day of the week, and
month...all Pagan. Paganism kicks Jesus's ass again!!!

Mike Jones

Jul 16, 2011, 7:39:33 AM7/16/11
Responding to: All-Seeing-|

Like most things on alt.atheism, it was doing fine 'til you showed up. ;)

--
*=( http://www.churchofreality.org/

Loirbaj

Jul 16, 2011, 8:29:55 AM7/16/11
I do hate to see the atheists cackling and
sniveling that the founding documents and
all the statements of courts, presidents,
and congress make clear that America
is and always shall be CHRIST based.

Dakota

Jul 16, 2011, 10:21:03 AM7/16/11
It was 1787.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the
Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven
hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of
America the Twelfth. In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our
Names.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

harry k

Jul 16, 2011, 10:38:09 AM7/16/11
On Jul 16, 12:02 am, "ckdbig...@gmail.com" <ckdbig...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> serves.- Hide quoted text -

Oh rats! Against my will I finally learned something from usenet.
Hate that at my age.

Harry K

Dakota

Jul 16, 2011, 10:40:38 AM7/16/11

The signatories had already traveled to the Constitutional convention.

------
Article VII - Ratification

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient
for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so
ratifying the Same.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the
Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven
hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of
America the Twelfth. In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our

Names. Note

Go Washington - President and deputy from Virginia

New Hampshire - John Langdon, Nicholas Gilman

Massachusetts - Nathaniel Gorham, Rufus King

Connecticut - Wm Saml Johnson, Roger Sherman

New York - Alexander Hamilton

New Jersey - Wil Livingston, David Brearley, Wm Paterson, Jona. Dayton

Pensylvania - B Franklin, Thomas Mifflin, Robt Morris, Geo. Clymer, Thos
FitzSimons, Jared Ingersoll, James Wilson, Gouv Morris

Delaware - Geo. Read, Gunning Bedford jun, John Dickinson, Richard
Bassett, Jaco. Broom

Maryland - James McHenry, Dan of St Tho Jenifer, Danl Carroll

Virginia - John Blair, James Madison Jr.

North Carolina - Wm Blount, Richd Dobbs Spaight, Hu Williamson

South Carolina - J. Rutledge, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Charles
Pinckney, Pierce Butler

Georgia - William Few, Abr Baldwin

Attest: William Jackson, Secretary

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

It should be noted that John Dickinson is officially listed as a
"signer," but he did not actually sign the Constitution. Dickinson fell
ill during the convention and was unable to attend on the day of
signing. He authorized George Read to sign for him by proxy.

http://www.usconstitution.net/constnotes.html#Sigs
---------
Sep 17, 1787:

U.S. Constitution signed

The Constitution of the United States of America is signed by 38 of 41
delegates present at the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention in
Philadelphia. Supporters of the document waged a hard-won battle to win
ratification by the necessary nine out of 13 U.S. states.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/us-constitution-signed

Unless you have better cites, I'm sticking with 1787.

Doc Smartass

Jul 16, 2011, 4:03:59 PM7/16/11
Loirbaj <Rhod...@wmconnect.com> wrote in news:e1cd29cf-d227-44a6-b426-
eb2e3a...@p14g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

> Subject: Thank JESUS for AMERICA

I don't see his name in the Constitution. Did he sign in invisible ink?

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Aimin' to Misbehave aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blogspot.com/

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

"Rupert Murdoch" is Australian for F*cked.

Loirbaj

Jul 16, 2011, 5:30:57 PM7/16/11
Smartpoo tried,
I don't see His holy name in Constitution

BroilJAB said,
The LORD is there at last line.
Leave your name and address posted
here and I'll drop you a copy, junior?

Doc Smartass

Jul 17, 2011, 4:36:07 PM7/17/11
Loirbaj <Rhod...@wmconnect.com> wrote in news:b685f77f-21b1-4cca-9c76-
7f611f...@p31g2000vbs.googlegroups.com:

> I asked,

> I don't see his name in the Constitution. Did he sign in invisible ink?
>

> You evaded,

> The LORD is there at last line.

In other words, "no."

Loirbaj