Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Gnar. Lovely Monday. Or something.

閲覧: 101 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Niklas Karlsson

未読、
2015/07/20 15:00:432015/07/20
To:
Ahh. Back from vacation and of course have some _lovely_ things happen.
WTF, Cresbepr? Ol qrsnhyg, nalbar pna perngr n hfre jvgubhg orvat ybttrq
va? Lrnu, gung'f n TERNG vqrn va n flfgrz jurer rnpu hfre yvprapr pbfgf
zbarl. (Tbbq sbe gurve obggbz yvar, V thrff!)

It's also _fun_ being jerked around by the blood bank. Sure, summon me
there and then turn me down on the spot because of secret rules you
didn't bother to post on your website or print in leaflets. All for fear
of the West Nile virus, which blood banks in other countries screen all
blood for. I'm sure they'll find some other excuse to waste my time next
month once the waiting period is up.

Apparently some excrement made contact with the air movement device on
the business side while I was away, too. Joy!

Niklas
--
Not as in "I have a better offer, do what I say", but simply "I'll
resign if you don't do what I say". I didn't want them to beat a

John F. Eldredge

未読、
2015/07/21 12:26:582015/07/21
To:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 19:00:42 +0000, Niklas Karlsson wrote:

> Ahh. Back from vacation and of course have some _lovely_ things happen.
> WTF, Cresbepr? Ol qrsnhyg, nalbar pna perngr n hfre jvgubhg orvat ybttrq
> va? Lrnu, gung'f n TERNG vqrn va n flfgrz jurer rnpu hfre yvprapr pbfgf
> zbarl. (Tbbq sbe gurve obggbz yvar, V thrff!)
>
> It's also _fun_ being jerked around by the blood bank. Sure, summon me
> there and then turn me down on the spot because of secret rules you
> didn't bother to post on your website or print in leaflets. All for fear
> of the West Nile virus, which blood banks in other countries screen all
> blood for. I'm sure they'll find some other excuse to waste my time next
> month once the waiting period is up.
>
> Apparently some excrement made contact with the air movement device on
> the business side while I was away, too. Joy!
>
> Niklas

After some years of donating blood to the Red Cross on a regular basis, I
was removed permanently from the donor list when I mentioned that I had
once had jaundice for a week, as a result of accidental pesticide
poisoning as a six-year-old. The Red Cross's explanation was "Just
because you were confirmed to have pesticide poisoning, it doesn't prove
you didn't have hepatitis at the same time, even though you test negative
for ever having been exposed to hepatitis". I pointed out to them that
screening out everyone who tests negative for hepatitis, as well as
everyone who tests positive for it, would leave them with no possible
donors, but to no avail.

Lawns 'R' Us

未読、
2015/07/21 19:26:512015/07/21
To:
On 2015-07-21, John F. Eldredge <jo...@jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> After some years of donating blood to the Red Cross on a regular basis, I
> was removed permanently from the donor list when I mentioned that I had
> once had jaundice for a week, as a result of accidental pesticide
> poisoning as a six-year-old. The Red Cross's explanation was "Just
> because you were confirmed to have pesticide poisoning, it doesn't prove
> you didn't have hepatitis at the same time, even though you test negative
> for ever having been exposed to hepatitis". I pointed out to them that
> screening out everyone who tests negative for hepatitis, as well as
> everyone who tests positive for it, would leave them with no possible
> donors, but to no avail.

Oh joy.

I opted out of blood donation after my last donation (many years ago
now) - the nurse managed to put the needle THROUGH the vein. That led
to a MASSIVE haematoma that took a few weeks to heal up properly.
(Can't remember exactly, but I'm certain it was more than five cm
long. Very impressive sight, it was.)

I appreciate the need for blood, I really do, but when the staff can't
get a basic part of the job done properly, I'm just not prepared to
risk my health in the process. It's a pity, too, since I'm O negative.
メッセージは削除されました
メッセージは削除されました
新着メール 0 件