finding stuff in the database

hymie!

Oct 24, 2016, 12:41:36 PM10/24/16
I wasn't paying attention to the discussion, so I missed the first half
of it.

My wife is the president of a local organization. We have a membership
database with about 500 people -- names, addresses, email addresses,
stuff like that.

Once a month she sends an email to the membership. About 50 of the
emails that she sends bounce back.

So five members of the org's Board of Directors were discussing how
they might try to guess, by looking at the email addresses in question,
who they might have belonged to.

Email addresses that came out of the membership database full of
names, addresses, and email addresses.

That was where I joined the conversation.

So it turns out, the old saying is true. I can replace 5 people with
a very small shell script.

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hy...@lactose.homelinux.net