Luser hosting providers, AAARGH!

Niklas Karlsson

Apr 27, 2018, 9:04:12 AM4/27/18
Soo... WHY exactly are we paying this outfit[0] to host our document
management system when they obviously have NO fscking idea WTF they're
doing?

Is it too much to ask to make a simple LDAP connection work?

Is it too much to ask to actually verify that the stuff you implement
ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS?

And to top it all off, some weeks after they provided an export script
from our old DMS, they come to us and go "uh, we messed up in that
script because we made all these boneheaded assumptions, we need to
rewrite it, we'll get back to you".

Colour me not impressed.

Niklas

[0] Name omitted to protect the guilty, but it relates to the choice
Zbecurhf offered Arb.
--
"Avoid hyperbole at all costs, its the most destructive argument on
the planet" - Mark McIntyre in comp.lang.c

hymie!

Apr 27, 2018, 10:23:05 AM4/27/18
Niklas Karlsson <ank...@yahoo.se>, who said:
> Is it too much to ask to make a simple LDAP connection work?

It's too much for Dell.

I downloaded their new OpenManage Enterprise VM (running CentOS).
Although the actual LDAP connection appears to work, the software
will not check for LDAP users unless you "Import the Group". I don't
know what "Import the Group" means, because AFAICT, all it does is
create a user account named after the group you attempted to Import.

Which I guess is much easier than just saying "I don't have a user
account by that name. Maybe I'll check the LDAP server."

> Is it too much to ask to actually verify that the stuff you implement
> ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS?

ibid

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hy...@lactose.homelinux.net