find a big-enough stick...

John F. Eldredge

Mar 30, 2015, 9:38:49 PM3/30/15
A local newspaper, focusing mostly on music reviews and the occasional
restaurant review, came out with an Android app a couple of years ago.
In early December 2014, that app stopped displaying new content, although
their website and print version continued having new content.

I wrote a couple of emails to their "Director of Content", without
getting any response. So, then I wrote an email to their CEO, cc'ing the
"Director of Content" and mentioning that the director had not responded
to earlier messages about the problem. I got a response within the hour,
saying that they were looking into the problem and would keep me informed.

Message has been deleted

Cipher

Mar 31, 2015, 5:57:22 AM3/31/15
Has a similar experience with a burn phone I was using - couldn't add
time to it, eight days of no service finally got in motion after a
little investigative work found the name of a senior VP of customer
support and the email pattern for the company.

Words were had between him and senior support folks, who contacted me at
an alternate number, and solutions poured out.

--
The word "urgent" is the moral of the story "The boy who cried wolf". As
a general rule I don't believe it until a manager comes to me almost in

John F. Eldredge

Apr 1, 2015, 12:35:34 PM4/1/15
On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:53:44 +0000, Roger Bell_West wrote:

> On 2015-03-31, John F. Eldredge wrote:
>>I wrote a couple of emails to their "Director of Content", without
>>getting any response. So, then I wrote an email to their CEO, cc'ing
>>the "Director of Content" and mentioning that the director had not
>>responded to earlier messages about the problem. I got a response
>>within the hour, saying that they were looking into the problem and
>>would keep me informed.
>
> And has anything actually improved yet?

Yes, they have now released a new version of the app on the Google Play
store that shows the current content. I suspect that what happened was
that they made some server-side change back in December, and forgot to
update the app to match the changes.