Unrecovery: Kafka is alive and well at Edgepark

瀏覽次數:109 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Shmuel Metz

未讀,
2015年3月5日 下午1:33:552015/3/5
收件者:
In an ideal world, when you place an order and there is a missing
authorization, the supplier will call the customer in a timely fashion
and inform him. This is especially true for medical supplies.
Obviously Edgepark Medical Supplies is not situated in that ideal
world. When I called them to ask why a shipment of ostomy bags hadn't
arrived after two weeks, they told me that it hadn't been shipped
because their was no authorization order from my surgeon[1]. When I
asked why I hadn't been informed that they had no authorization, they
told me that their procedures did not provide for notifying the
patient. Enter Lily Tomlin[2]: "We don't care, we don't have to care,
once it goes up, who cares where it comes down? That's not my
department, says Werner von Braun."

When I asked to have a complaint sent to whomever was responsible for
the procedures, the run-around began. The clerk simply repeated what
she had already said about the procedures, and showed no interest in
reporting the issue to someone who actually had the authority to
change procedures. It took three iterations of telling her that the
current procedures were unacceptable before she agreed[3] to have her
supervisor pass the complaint on to her supervisor.

[1] His office has no record of Edgepark asking for the order.

[2] Yes, I know that only the first part is hers, but the TL quote
was so apropos that I couldn't resist throwing it in. Dilbert
and, of course, Kafka also come to mind.

[3] Will she actually do as she promised, and will her supervisor
actually contact IT? Who knows. And why is it IT, assuming
that she was telling the truth?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <http://patriot.net/~shmuel> ISO position
Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+bspfh to contact me.

Wojciech Derechowski

未讀,
2015年3月5日 下午3:42:592015/3/5
收件者:
On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 15:43:37 +0000, Shmuel Metz wrote:
> [3] Will she actually do as she promised, and will her supervisor
> actually contact IT? Who knows. And why is it IT, assuming
> that she was telling the truth?

Output buffering problem.

--
WD

Who is Entscheidungs and what is his problem?

David Cantrell

未讀,
2015年3月6日 清晨6:26:502015/3/6
收件者:
On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 10:43:37AM -0500, Shmuel Metz wrote:

> In an ideal world, when you place an order and there is a missing
> authorization, the supplier will call the customer in a timely fashion
> and inform him. This is especially true for medical supplies.
> Obviously Edgepark Medical Supplies is not situated in that ideal
> world.

To bring a little bit of light and joy into the froup, compare with The
Hattery, a shop in a small town in Ruralistan, Australia. They sell hats
by mail order as well as in person. The second time I ordered a hat from
them, they contacted me straight away to query the order because I'd
ordered a slightly different size from last time.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

I caught myself pulling grey hairs out of my beard.
I'm definitely not going grey, but I am going vain.
訊息已遭刪除
0 則新訊息