You just can't get good help there days.

Niklas Karlsson

Jan 22, 2014, 11:39:15 AM1/22/14
So I spent two hours on the phone today with a large vendor of
miscellaneous communication devices, generally higher-tech than smoke
signals or semaphores. I might opine that they did their troubleshooting
bass-ackwards, but then the final solution was something I might have
thought to try, too. No, that's not the main source of pain here.

The main problem was how they thought it was a good troubleshooting
technique to open a gigantic fscking security hole to the entire
internet, on a very key device. I wonder what they've been smoking, and
sincerely hope they aren't sharing.

Trivially guessable user/password, and open to anything anywhere.

I need a drink.

Niklas
--
> So, what do *you* do for a living?
I sit in a chair, pressing small plastic rectangles with my fingers
while peering at many tiny, colored dots. -- Peter Manders

Juancho

Jan 23, 2014, 4:33:34 PM1/23/14
Niklas Karlsson wrote:
> Trivially guessable user/password, and open to anything anywhere.

Security is vastly overrated. No worries. Keep going.