quicky rant

hymie!

Feb 19, 2014, 2:33:13 PM2/19/14
So last week, I got an e-mail response to one of my job applications.

The e-mail included this text:

>Please respond and let me know, if there are any upcoming dates that
>you are unavailable.

The entire line was boldface, and the word "respond" was also underlined
(as was the "un" in "unavailable").

So I replied.

Today, they asked if I was still interested, as they had not heard from me.

Only then did I notice that the original e-mail (the one that I was
specifically asked to "respond" to) was sent from:

NoReply-R...@bitbucket.company.com

I wonder if they ever get any responses to their emails.

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hy...@lactose.homelinux.net

mrob...@att.net

Feb 20, 2014, 12:56:24 AM2/20/14
hymie! <hy...@lactose.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Only then did I notice that the original e-mail (the one that I was
> specifically asked to "respond" to) was sent from:
>
> NoReply-R...@bitbucket.company.com
>
> I wonder if they ever get any responses to their emails.

The makers of one popular HR software package seem to have gone to the
trouble of registering vainyvqrznvy.pbz , and using that as the domain
in the "From:" line of emails sent by their software.

For reasons that are beyond my comprehension, said domain appears to
have 3 MX records.

Matt Roberds

Message has been deleted