*Sigh* Dull.

Niklas Karlsson

Feb 7, 2018, 10:04:53 AM2/7/18
While I'm supposed to mostly do BOFHing, I currently find myself in the
unenviable position of doing a lot of helldesking, as the dedicated
helldesk guy is no longer with us. One of our salescritters managed to
drop his laptop in such a way that a corner was bent and the lid no
longer opened all the way.

He normally works out of the land of the pyramids[0] but is in .se this
week, so the fix is somewhat time-critical. Naturally this means Dull
has been fscking it up repeatedly.

First they suggested we try to fix it with a firmware update. I'd be
VERY fascinated to see a firmware update fix mechanical damage.

Next, the tech showed up on time but had the wrong spare part with him.

The day after that, the tech didn't show up.

Why am I even surprised?

Niklas

[0] No VPN for you!
--
"Thank you," said Himmler, who found the Windows file management system a
diabolical confoundment. 'And they accuse _me_ of crimes against humanity,' he