Worthy rant

G. Paul Ziemba

Feb 27, 2014, 4:41:53 PM2/27/14
Although I'm heartened to see the usenet activity spurred by
/.'s latest PHB infection, not all the intelligent folks have
left the site.

http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=4840479&cid=46361423
--
G. Paul Ziemba
FreeBSD unix:

Alan J Rosenthal

Feb 27, 2014, 9:32:31 PM2/27/14
Gary Barnes <g...@adminspotting.org> writes:
>I used to use a VT320[0] connected to an X.25 Etherpad as my desktop machine
>for quite a while, and it took about 7 years after I stopped using it for me
>to switch to hitting "ESC" instead of typing Ctrl-[.

Due to the constant motion of the delete and backspace keys some decades
ago, and the random quality to the decision as to which one transmitted
^H, I switched to typing backspace with the control key and the H key,
and I haven't found the need to switch back.

The control key on the keyboard I'm typing this on is in a _slightly_
annoying place, but I need to know where the control key is anyway,
so that's not a reason to switch back. And the key in the upper-right
transmits DEL anyway (I just tried it for the first time to see).

Wojciech Derechowski

Feb 28, 2014, 7:11:15 PM2/28/14
I was getting so mauch RSI sometime ago that I seriously considered
writing a "voice-activated syntax-directed editor for manually disabled
programmers" or some kind of SUI anyway. Somebody at southal was doing
research on this. Taht's where the "syntax-directed" bit comes from.

--
WD

Who is Entscheidungs and what is his problem?