I am the Willie Sutton of web consumers...

Dan Bissonnette

May 26, 2015, 1:26:29 PM5/26/15

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ad-blocking-is-stealing,news-20962.html

I'm so guilty that Andersonville wouldn't be out of the question as my
punishment.

--
"You're having an internal argument with somebody named
DragonQueen42 - you're never going to win that argument."

Erwan David

May 26, 2015, 1:29:12 PM5/26/15
Dan Bissonnette <dangbis...@gmail.com> disait le 05/26/15 que :

> http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ad-blocking-is-stealing,news-20962.html
>
> I'm so guilty that Andersonville wouldn't be out of the question as my
> punishment.

ANither way of doing is looking at the ads then contacting the company
passing the ad explaining them that because of this ad you'll never buy
again from them.

--
Les simplifications c'est trop compliqué

Wojciech Derechowski

May 26, 2015, 2:17:54 PM5/26/15
On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:26:25 +0000, Dan Bissonnette wrote:

> http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ad-blocking-is-stealing,news-20962.html

This is classic clickbait, but yes, why not.

--
WD

Who is Entscheidungs and what is his problem?

Joe Zeff

May 26, 2015, 2:52:56 PM5/26/15
On Tue, 26 May 2015 13:26:25 -0400, Dan Bissonnette wrote:

> http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ad-blocking-is-stealing,news-20962.html
>
> I'm so guilty that Andersonville wouldn't be out of the question as my
> punishment.

The funniest part of it for me was when he claimed that blocking ads took
food out of the mouths of children. "Think of the chilllldren!" If
blocking ads is so horrible, what terrible things am I doing by blocking
ten of the eleven tracking cookies?[1]

[1]I don't block Qvfdhf, because it actually does something I want done,
but YMMV.

--
Joe Zeff -- The Guy With The Sideburns:
http://www.zeff.us http://www.lasfsinc.info

Richard Heathfield

May 26, 2015, 3:21:55 PM5/26/15
On 26/05/15 20:00, Michel wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2015 13:26:25 -0400, Dan Bissonnette wrote:
>> http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ad-blocking-is-stealing,news-20962.html
>>
>> I'm so guilty that Andersonville wouldn't be out of the question as my
>> punishment.
>
> "Waah waah waah my business model is broken and it's all your fault."
>
> Funny how _not_ downloading stuff is now stealing, too.

While we're on the subject, why aren't you guys buying my buggy whips?

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Dan Bissonnette

May 26, 2015, 5:56:06 PM5/26/15
In article <mk2h2b$mvk$1...@dont-email.me>, r...@cpax.org.uk says...

> > Funny how _not_ downloading stuff is now stealing, too.
>
> While we're on the subject, why aren't you guys buying my buggy whips?

Because we want to steal the food from the very mouths of your children.
Is this a trick question?

Dan Bissonnette

May 26, 2015, 6:00:46 PM5/26/15
In article <bi39x.75105$2m4....@fx10.iad>,
the.guy.with....@lasfsinc.info says...

> On Tue, 26 May 2015 13:26:25 -0400, Dan Bissonnette wrote:
>
> > http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ad-blocking-is-stealing,news-20962.html
> >
> > I'm so guilty that Andersonville wouldn't be out of the question as my
> > punishment.
>
> The funniest part of it for me was when he claimed that blocking ads took
> food out of the mouths of children. "Think of the chilllldren!" If
> blocking ads is so horrible, what terrible things am I doing by blocking
> ten of the eleven tracking cookies?[1]

Now that I think about it, for about 40 years, I've been getting up from
my chair during a sporting event and going to take a piss, or get a
brew, when the TV ad came on ...

I have killed. The blood of children is on my hands.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

mrob...@att.net

May 27, 2015, 12:44:42 PM5/27/15
Michel <ab...@rubberchicken.nl> wrote:
> I wonder what the endgame will look like...

The resident packet sniffer pushed into your EFI BIOS by an "OS update"
will monitor network activity. When a particular web page doesn't load
completely, the owner of the web page will be notivied, and an automatic
DMCA notice will be sent to your ISP and (three weeks later) to you.
After $SMALLINT such notices have been sent out, your ISP blacklists you,
and the BIOS will format your hard drive, because you are clearly a
criminal. If possible, the format process will first wipe out all the
directories under /home or equal, to make forensic recovery more
difficult.

Matt Roberds

mikea

May 27, 2015, 1:10:02 PM5/27/15
mrob...@att.net wrote in <mk4s7f$daj$1...@dont-email.me>:
You forgot about the IoT. His fridge and freezer will start heating, his toilets
will run backwards, the HVAC will do the most uncomfortable things possible, his
phones will start dialing 911 at odd hours, and as soon as he plugs a thumbdrive
into his car, it will be toast if it isn't already. If he has any webcams, they
either will start Scorpion-Staring the house and grounds or start sending kiddie
porn out over his cablemodem.

For starters.

--
You cannot run Windows innocently. Guilt of aiding & abetting, at the very
least, is automatic. Loading up on anti-virus and firewall software, even decent

Ino

May 29, 2015, 7:03:37 AM5/29/15
On 2015-05-26, Richard Heathfield <r...@cpax.org.uk> wrote:
> On 26/05/15 20:00, Michel wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 13:26:25 -0400, Dan Bissonnette wrote:
>>> http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ad-blocking-is-stealing,news-20962.html
>>>
>>> I'm so guilty that Andersonville wouldn't be out of the question as my
>>> punishment.
>>
>> "Waah waah waah my business model is broken and it's all your fault."
>>
>> Funny how _not_ downloading stuff is now stealing, too.
>
> While we're on the subject, why aren't you guys buying my buggy whips?

Because some of us had enough dealing with buggy hardware.

Ino!~

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire
off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark