Do you guys have a "Helen Waite" vmail box?

Dan Bissonnette

Sep 19, 2015, 5:34:01 PM9/19/15

At $ork, it's 8745. I only run into problems when a new switchboard
operator signs on and hasn't met Helen. Then I get the calls from some
"IT Services" or "Toner Sales" asshat.

--
"You're having an internal argument with somebody named
DragonQueen42 - you're never going to win that argument."

Peter Corlett

Sep 20, 2015, 7:39:48 AM9/20/15
Dan Bissonnette <dangbis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At $ork, it's 8745. I only run into problems when a new switchboard
> operator signs on and hasn't met Helen. Then I get the calls from some
> "IT Services" or "Toner Sales" asshat.

I had one gig where management did such a good job of inventing a credible
Mr Waite for this purpose that HMRC eventually contacted them to ask why
he hadn't been paying any income tax.

At another gig, we had a Dave Null who was the head of recruitment for
when pimps called. He was extremely busy, so had his own on-hold queue
which played Moody Blues' /Go Now/ on loop. The CDRs showed that there was
one dimwit that listened to it twice before finally taking the hint.

Dan Bissonnette

Sep 20, 2015, 10:07:21 AM9/20/15
In article <mtm5tv$u4u$1...@vserver-5.cabal.org.uk>, ab...@mooli.org.uk
says...
"Dave Null" is a good one. Stolen. "Helen Waite" has been suspected by
assclown callers - as evidenced by a hilarious transcript the call-
center guys sent me with a caller who knew he'd been had.

Douglas Henke

Sep 23, 2015, 5:08:04 PM9/23/15
At place_of_employment[current-2], we had a game. It wasn't a nice game.

We had an ordered list of everyone playing, with each person's
extension.

When you got a call for printer wax or light bulb cleanser or some inane
thing, you would string the caller along a little bit, then tell them
"oh, Bob handles the modem floss purchasing" (where Bob is the next name
on the player list under yours). If you're the last name on the list,
wrap around to the top.

Score one point for each successful transfer you complete. Lose one
point if the caller hangs up on you or goes to your voicemail. Get ten
points if they swear at you. Point values double for each complete trip
through the list.

Tim McDaniel

Oct 31, 2015, 12:57:46 AM10/31/15
Peter Corlett <ab...@mooli.org.uk> wrote:
>At another gig, we had a Dave Null who was the head of recruitment
>for when pimps called.

At $ORK, Devin Nullerford has an email address and a phone number, so
he's appropriate for phone calls and email.

--
Tim McDaniel, tm...@panix.com