'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015

Ray Keller

Apr 30, 2012, 9:47:28 PM4/30/12
'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015
By Eric Peters on 4.25.12 @ 6:07AM

Mandatory "Event Data Recorders" will even know you're speeding in reverse.

After a certain point, it's not paranoia.

The latest brick in the wall is the predictably named "Moving Ahead For
Progress in the 21st Century Act," also known as Senate Bill 1813. (See here
for the full text of the bill itself; the relevant section is 31406.) This
legislation -- already passed by the Senate and likely to be passed by the
House -- will impose a legal requirement that all new cars made beginning
with the 2015 models be fitted with so-called Event Data Recorders (EDRs).
These are the "black boxes" you may have read about that store data about
how you drive -- including whether you wear a seat belt and how fast you
drive -- ostensibly for purposes of post-accident investigation.

These EDRs are not new. GM and other automakers have been installing them in
new cars for years -- in GM's case, since the late 1990s. What's new is the
proposed federal mandate, which would make it illegal to not have one -- or
(in all likelihood) to remove or disable one in a car required to have the
device.

The question arises: why?

Several possibilities come to mind:

First, the EDRs could be -- and almost certainly will be -- tied into your
vehicle's GPS. (Most new and late model cars, conveniently, already have
this, too.) Then data about your driving can be transmitted -- as well as
recorded. To whom? Your insurance company, of course. Progressive Insurance
already has such a system in place -- voluntary, for the moment.

When EDRs are mandated, you will no longer have a choice.

We'll be told it's all for the sake of (groan) "safety" -- just like the old
55 MPH highway speed limit and every radar trap in the country. Of course,
it's really for the sake of revenue -- the government's and the insurance
company's. Your rates will be "adjusted" in real time, for every incident of
"speeding" or not buckling up. It'll be so much more efficient than using
cops to issue tickets. After all, so many fishes escape! With an EDR in
every car, no one will escape. Your "adjusted" premium will be waiting for
you when you get home.

You've got mail!

And naturally, they -- the government, insurance companies -- will be able
to track your every move, noting (and recording) where you've been and when.
This will create a surveillance net beyond anything that ever existed
previously. Some will not sweat this: After all, if you've got nothing to
hide, why worry? Except for the fact that, courtesy of almost everything we
do being either "illegal" or at least "suspicious," we all have a great deal
to hide. The naivety of the Don't Worry, it's No Big Deal crowd is
breathtaking.

But the last possibility is probably the creepiest: EDRs tied into your
car's GPS will give them -- the government and/or corporations -- literal
physical control over (hack) "your" vehicle. This is not conspiracy
theorizing. It is technological fact. Current GM vehicles equipped with the
same technology about to be mandated for every vehicle can be disabled
remotely. Just turned off. All the OnStar operator has to do is send the
appropriate command over the GPS to your car's computer, which controls the
engine. It is one of the features touted by OnStar -- of course, as a
"safety" feature.

In the future, it will be used to limit your driving -- for the sake of
"energy conservation" or, perhaps, "the environment." It will be the
perfect, er, vehicle, for implementing U.N. Agenda 21 -- the plan to herd
all of us formerly free-range tax cattle into urban feedlots. So much easier
to control us this way. No more bailing out to the country or living off the
grid - unless you get there (and to your work) by walking.

The pieces are all coming together.

First, computer-controlled cars. Next, widespread adoption of GPS in cars.
Then, EDRs tied into them.

Peter Franks

Apr 30, 2012, 9:59:41 PM4/30/12
The misapplication of Article I.8.3 strikes again.

It is far past the time that this clause needs to be repealed.

Too_Many_Tools

Apr 30, 2012, 11:11:58 PM4/30/12
And the problem with this is?

Wouldn't you like to know where Gummer spends his time when he says he
is "working"?

TMT

PrecisionmachinisT

May 1, 2012, 12:07:24 AM5/1/12
Ray Keller" <LEFTARD TROLLS ARE DESPERATE> wrote in message
> 'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015
> By Eric Peters on 4.25.12 @ 6:07AM
>
> Mandatory "Event Data Recorders" will even know you're speeding in
> reverse.
>
> After a certain point, it's not paranoia.

(D) the information is retrieved for the purpose of determining the need
for, or facilitating, emergency medical response in response to a motor
vehicle crash.

(1) shall require event data recorders to capture and store data related to
motor vehicle safety covering a reasonable time period before, during, and
after a motor vehicle crash or airbag deployment, including a rollover;

Yup definitely an evil government plot.....

Gray Guest

May 1, 2012, 12:39:59 AM5/1/12
"PrecisionmachinisT" <precisionm...@notmail.com> wrote in
What if I CHOOSE to not have it?

Yep, them libs you can CHOOSE to kill a fetus, or fuck a guy in the ass,
but that's the ONLY choice you get.

--
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to
be sure.

What I like about this attitude is it works equally well for Iran and the
Democrat National Covention.

http://nukeitfromorbit.com/

Gray Guest

May 1, 2012, 12:41:12 AM5/1/12
Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:2fa01746-14fe-4fa8-
95be-337...@c28g2000vbu.googlegroups.com:
Figures you don't get it.

> Wouldn't you like to know where Gummer spends his time when he says he
> is "working"?

Why? Is it any of your fucking business?

You want to see a facist? Look in the mirror.

> TMT

Buy Guns And Ammo

May 1, 2012, 12:48:46 AM5/1/12
In article <2fa01746-14fe-4fa8-95be-
3374ba...@c28g2000vbu.googlegroups.com>
Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/20/article-2117695-
1240BB39000005DC-328_634x525.jpg

"Suspect: Tyrone Dale David Woodfork, 20, was arrested a day
after the attack on complaints of first-degree murder, burglary,
assault with a dangerous weapon and two complaints of armed
robbery" Where's the rape charge?

An 85-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and battered to
death by a home invader who also shot her 90-year-old husband in
the face with a BB gun.

Nancy and Bob Strait, who had celebrated their 65th wedding
anniversary in December, were discovered by their daughter at
their home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Both the pensioners were rushed to hospital where Mrs Strait,
who was nearly blind, died from her injuries.

Mr Strait, who served in the 101st Airborne Division in World
War II, suffered a broken jaw, broken ribs and severe bleeding.
He is in a serious condition in hospital.

Police have arrested 20-year-old Tyrone Dale David Woodfork in
connection with the case.

The Straits' distraught family today paid tribute to the pair,
who grew up in poverty in rural Oklahoma during the Great
Depression.

They met each other on a blind date on Thanksgiving 1946,
married a month later and went on to have six children, 18
grandchildren and about 50 great and great-great grandchildren.
They had recently welcomed a great-great-great grandchild.

Their daughters Lanora and Andra told Tulsa World that the
couple were loving and generous people who would do anything for
anyone.

'Dad never talked, and Mama never quit talking,' Lanora said.

'Whatever she did, it came from the heart,' Andra added.

The pair could be found sitting on their porch singing and
playing the guitar during warmer summer evenings.

Mr Strait, who had worked for the oil derrick supply company Lee
C. Moore before retirement, enjoyed woodwork while his wife
loved making quilts and baking.

They had both been struggling with health problems before the
attack. Mr Strait had been diagnosed with a terminal kidney
illness but had outlived the doctor's prognosis.

'He was living because Mother was alive,' Andra told Tulsa World.

The couple had had food poisoning the week before the attack.

'There is no one else who has been through what he's been
through who is still alive,' Lanora said of her father.

'We pray he doesn't remember.'

Tulsa police believe burglars broke into the Straits' home
either late Tuesday or early Wednesday last week. They were not
found until the Wednesday evening.

The home invaders made off with their Dodge Neon, a television
and $200.

Woodfork was later found hiding in a nearby house after a
witness spotted the stolen vehicle being driven down the road.

He is being held at Tulsa Jail without bail accused of first-
degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two
counts of armed robbery.

'This investigation is far from over,' Officer Jason Willingham
of the Tulsa police department told Tulsa World. 'We've still
got a lot of questions that we still need answered.'

Mrs Strait's funeral will be on Friday. The family has set up a
fund the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust to help pay
for the service and her husband's medical care.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117695/Brutal-home-
invasion-Oklahoma-couple-ends-65-year-romance-meeting-blind-
date.html

pyotr filipivich

May 1, 2012, 1:13:41 AM5/1/12
Peter Franks <no...@none.com> on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:59:41 -0700 typed
in misc.survivalism the following:

>> The pieces are all coming together.
>>
>> First, computer-controlled cars. Next, widespread adoption of GPS in
>> cars. Then, EDRs tied into them.
>
>The misapplication of Article I.8.3 strikes again.
>
>It is far past the time that this clause needs to be repealed.

Not repealed, but the erroneous case law reversed. The ground
work for that is being laid, even as we type.

--
pyotr filipivich
Old farts these days - not like when I was a boy! We used to

Scout

May 1, 2012, 1:42:42 AM5/1/12

"Gray Guest" <No_email...@wahoo.com> wrote in message
> "PrecisionmachinisT" <precisionm...@notmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Ray Keller" <LEFTARD TROLLS ARE DESPERATE> wrote in message
>>> 'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015
>>> By Eric Peters on 4.25.12 @ 6:07AM
>>>
>>> Mandatory "Event Data Recorders" will even know you're speeding in
>>> reverse.
>>>
>>> After a certain point, it's not paranoia.
>>>

>> (D) the information is retrieved for the purpose of determining the need
>> for, or facilitating, emergency medical response in response to a motor
>> vehicle crash.
>>
>> (1) shall require event data recorders to capture and store data related
>> motor vehicle safety covering a reasonable time period before, during,
> and
>> after a motor vehicle crash or airbag deployment, including a rollover;
>>
>> Yup definitely an evil government plot.....
>>

> What if I CHOOSE to not have it?

It would seem to me that would be your right under the 5th Amendment, since
you would be, in effect, testifying against yourself.

Seems to me that it would be quite easy for someone to hack the system to
either prevent the data from being recorded (or broadcast) or possibly
simply limiting the value it can record by imposing a hardware/firmware
limit.

JohnJohnsn

May 1, 2012, 1:53:40 AM5/1/12
>> [...]
>>
>> http://spectator.org/archives/2012/04/25/your-car-wont-be-after-2015
>
> And the problem with this is?

Tell you what, Tool; post your cellular phone number to this Thread so
we can track you through the Internet via its GPS.

After all, what is "the problem with this?"

Trayvon

May 1, 2012, 2:58:49 AM5/1/12
In article <3cd86114-1dab-44fe-913e-
4049bf...@n19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>
He'd be dead before the sun rose if he did that. And he knows
it.

Gunner Asch

May 1, 2012, 7:57:32 AM5/1/12
<VBG>

Indeed...indeed....

Wayne

May 1, 2012, 11:02:42 AM5/1/12

"Ray Keller" <LEFTARD TROLLS ARE DESPERATE> wrote in message
I expect that shortly, all cars will be required to have GPS on board to
provide information to the event recorders.

Existing technology is troublesome in cars that have "OnStar" "Enform", etc.
in that it is a no-brainer for the government to use those devices to
eavesdrop on conversations within the car. And these services typically
have an on-board GPS to supply location information for assistance.

Freedom is indeed screwed.

Richard

May 1, 2012, 11:11:46 AM5/1/12
driving a motor vehicle is a privilege - not a right.
At least that's what the DMV says.

So they are not violating any of your rights - they are
just trying to protect the public.

If nothing else, think of it as - "for the children"?

:)

Peter Franks

May 1, 2012, 12:43:16 PM5/1/12
> Peter Franks<no...@none.com> on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:59:41 -0700 typed
> in misc.survivalism the following:
>>
>>> The pieces are all coming together.
>>>
>>> First, computer-controlled cars. Next, widespread adoption of GPS in
>>> cars. Then, EDRs tied into them.
>>
>> The misapplication of Article I.8.3 strikes again.
>>
>> It is far past the time that this clause needs to be repealed.
>
> Not repealed, but the erroneous case law reversed.

Reversal, if it can happen, is only temporary. How far back are you
planning on going? Unlikely that turd Wickard v. Filburn will be
reversed any time soon.

Let me ask this: what modern legislative value is there in I.8.3?

> The ground
> work for that is being laid, even as we type.

What, the MT gun mfr. challenge? Big deal.

The core problem is that congress has no concept of what "commerce" is,
and what "among the States" means.

jk

May 1, 2012, 12:48:11 PM5/1/12
"Trayvon" <ha...@trails.com> wrote:

>> > And the problem with this is?
>> >
>> Tell you what, Tool; post your cellular phone number to this Thread so
>> we can track you through the Internet via its GPS.
>>
>> After all, what is "the problem with this?"
>
>He'd be dead before the sun rose if he did that. And he knows
>it.

What a load of BS
jk

SaPeIsMa

May 1, 2012, 3:13:27 PM5/1/12

"Richard" <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
It's bound to be challenged as a Right to Privacy issue

Frank

May 1, 2012, 3:45:29 PM5/1/12
Couple of extra comments:

When in Europe many years ago, tour guide said trucks were required to
carry recorders, at the time circular strip charts, to record their
trip. A cop could stop them, check recorder and ticket them for
speeding that they might have done hours before. With a gps and event
recorder, they could just mail you your speeding tickets.

States have complained with high mileage and electric cars, they would
not be getting as much in fuel tax. I've heard they were thinking of
tax based on miles traveled.

Too many evil possibilities as to what government could do with this
intrusive technology.

George Plimpton

May 1, 2012, 4:10:10 PM5/1/12
As a proponent of left-wing tyranny, of course you don't see any problem
with it.

Winston_Smith

May 1, 2012, 5:42:07 PM5/1/12
On Tue, 01 May 2012 15:45:29 -0400, Frank
<frankperi...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Couple of extra comments:
>
>When in Europe many years ago, tour guide said trucks were required to
>carry recorders, at the time circular strip charts, to record their
>trip. A cop could stop them, check recorder and ticket them for
>speeding that they might have done hours before. With a gps and event
>recorder, they could just mail you your speeding tickets.

OnStar sells this data to law enforcement and insurance companies. Any
you, dear fool, pay for the hardware and the monthly account fee for
them to collect the data. Hee, hee.

>States have complained with high mileage and electric cars, they would
>not be getting as much in fuel tax. I've heard they were thinking of
>tax based on miles traveled.

Alcohol tax was the Federal cash cow for decades. They resisted
prohibition movements for a decade or more so they wouldn't lose their
income. Once the 16th amendment put income tax in place in 1913, the
road was clear for prohibition in 1919. Worked out well.

Only rich men will pay income tax. Why, you have to make a couple
thousand dollar per year before you own anything. Time and inflation.

Only criminals need fear monitoring. Time and ..........

>Too many evil possibilities as to what government could do with this
>intrusive technology.

Follow the money. And keep them cash strapped.

Alan Erskine

May 1, 2012, 5:51:16 PM5/1/12
On 1/05/2012 11:47 AM, Ray Keller wrote:
> 'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015

You will note that this troll doesn't reply to it's own posts.

Larry

May 1, 2012, 6:54:47 PM5/1/12
In article <qhl0q7dnr1ddenpu9...@4ax.com>,
inv...@butterfly.net says...

> Only rich men will pay income tax. Why, you have to make a couple
> thousand dollar per year before you own anything. Time and inflation.

That's still pretty much the way it works. Poor people don't pay income tax.
I am still working part time to supplement my Social Security, but for sure
am getting far more from the gummint than I pay in nowadays. In theory, the
53 years I spent pulling down a paycheck before applying for SS paid for
that, but I don't believe it. I'm just sucking off the working Dick, just
like the codgers sucked off of me when I was working. Poor people don't pay
income tax, but they sure pay payroll tax, which is where my SS money comes
from.

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:08:18 PM5/1/12
On May 1, 12:42 am, "Scout"
<me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
> "Gray Guest" <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "PrecisionmachinisT" <precisionmachinist...@notmail.com> wrote in
> >http://nukeitfromorbit.com/- Hide quoted text -

And it seems to me that messing with the hardware will earn you a jail
sentence.

If you are not doing anything wrong, you wouldn't care.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:06:51 PM5/1/12
On Apr 30, 10:11 pm, Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> TMT- Hide quoted text -

LOL...bitch..bitch..bitch..is that all you conservatives know how to
do?

Tracking a car on PUBLIC roads...what's the problem?

Worried that we will know what bar, gun store, hooker streets you
conservatives frequent?

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:11:58 PM5/1/12
> intrusive technology.- Hide quoted text -

Just think how many drunk drivers we could get rid of....drive drunk
and have your license pulled automatically.

Speed and send the ticket through the mail.

Have an accident and the insurance company has the proof they need.

Great idea.

Don't like it...don't drive...it is a priviledge not a right.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:12:58 PM5/1/12
On Apr 30, 11:39 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> "PrecisionmachinisT" <precisionmachinist...@notmail.com> wrote innews:6J6dnUFCmJ_i_ALS...@scnresearch.com:
> http://nukeitfromorbit.com/- Hide quoted text -

You can not drive any time you want to.

The public will be better off without you on the road.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:15:06 PM5/1/12
On Apr 30, 11:41 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:2fa01746-14fe-4fa8-
> 95be-3374baee1...@c28g2000vbu.googlegroups.com:
> http://nukeitfromorbit.com/- Hide quoted text -

I bet many of us would love to know where you spend your time....how
many beers a mile do you average?

And they could automate speeding tickets so they could take the money
right out of your checking account.

Or in your case from your cheese check.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:15:57 PM5/1/12
On May 1, 12:42 am, "Scout"
<me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
> "Gray Guest" <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "PrecisionmachinisT" <precisionmachinist...@notmail.com> wrote in
> >http://nukeitfromorbit.com/- Hide quoted text -

What right?

It is your car providing the info..not you.

Don't drive and you will have no problem.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:09:29 PM5/1/12
On May 1, 10:02 am, "Wayne" <mygarbage...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Ray Keller" <LEFTARD TROLLS ARE DESPERATE> wrote in messagenews:4f9f40af$0$17269$9a6e...@news.newshosting.com...
> Freedom is indeed screwed.- Hide quoted text -

Freedom? You are free to walk and not drive...on PUBLIC roads.

When you are on public roads, your privacy is not yours.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:19:16 PM5/1/12
On May 1, 10:02 am, "Wayne" <mygarbage...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Ray Keller" <LEFTARD TROLLS ARE DESPERATE> wrote in messagenews:4f9f40af$0$17269$9a6e...@news.newshosting.com...
> Freedom is indeed screwed.- Hide quoted text -

So don't talk in the car.

Do you discuss private issues in other public places?

So you will have to buy a hotel room for your hooker instead of using
your car...deal with it.

TMT

jk

May 1, 2012, 7:35:38 PM5/1/12
Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> [Who seems unable to trim
his quotes] wrote:

>And it seems to me that messing with the hardware will earn you a jail
>sentence.
>
>If you are not doing anything wrong, you wouldn't care.
>

>TMT

If you cant think of several ways a government, that doesn't like
something else(completely legal) that you do, could abuse this
"power", then you are an idiot. One of them there "useful idiots"
perhaps.
jk

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:57:11 PM5/1/12
On May 1, 6:35 pm, jk <kles...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> [Who seems unable to trim
Tell me how it would be different than it is now.

If the Government wants to track you, they can easily do it now.

And if you are worried about the Government tracking you, then do not
drive.

See...you have all the precious freedom and you exercise your
priviledge to drive on public roads...or not.

As for "useful idiots", conservatives seem to have a corner on that
market.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 1, 2012, 7:17:07 PM5/1/12
On May 1, 1:58 am, "Trayvon" <ha...@trails.com> wrote:
> In article <3cd86114-1dab-44fe-913e-
> 4049bf24c...@n19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>
> it.- Hide quoted text -

Big talk from a coward...a conservative coward.

TMT

jk

May 1, 2012, 8:09:07 PM5/1/12
Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On May 1, 6:35 pm, jk <kles...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>> Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> [Who seems unable to trim
>>
>> his quotes] wrote:
>>
>> >And it seems to me that messing with the hardware will earn you a jail
>> >sentence.
>>
>> >If you are not doing anything wrong, you wouldn't care.
>>
>> >TMT
>>
>> If you cant think of several ways a government, that doesn't like
>> something else(completely legal) that you do, could abuse this
>> "power", then you are an idiot.  One of them there "useful idiots"
>> perhaps.
>> jk
>
>Tell me how it would be different than it is now.
The more ubiquitous it is, and easier to do, the more they will want
it, and want to abuse it.
It is more different in degree, than it is in kind, to what they can
do now.

>If the Government wants to track you, they can easily do it now.

Not as easily as all that, and without warrant, only with questionable
legality.

When tied into the cell phone system on a car [It is NOT the GPS
people, the GPS is a one way street no matter what you see on TV]
it takes no more than it does to listen in on or monitor your cell
phone.

>And if you are worried about the Government tracking you, then do not
>drive.
It must be nice to have such blind trust in your government.

>See...you have all the precious freedom and you exercise your
>priviledge to drive on public roads...or not.
And why should I give up that privilege just because the government
wants to collect additional data that it doesn't need, nor have a
demonstrated use for. It is not the collection of the data in a
"black box" that I object to, but the dissemination of the data.
For that matter, that data (like all other data) has economic value.
Why should I be asked to surrender that data without due compensation?

>As for "useful idiots", conservatives seem to have a corner on that
>market.
I don't think so, both ends of the spectrum seem to fill that niche.

>TMT
jk

Peter Franks

May 1, 2012, 8:35:17 PM5/1/12
This isn't about driving or not driving. It is about an invasive
government that has no capacity of actually understanding that you don't
compromise the rights of the law abiding because of the law breaker.
Apparently you don't understand that either.

> When you are on public roads, your privacy is not yours.

Your privacy is always yours. You don't surrender it when you venture
off of your private property.

Peter Franks

May 1, 2012, 8:36:08 PM5/1/12
Your vehicle is not a public place.

> So you will have to buy a hotel room for your hooker instead of using
> your car...deal with it.

Projection.

Peter Franks

May 1, 2012, 8:38:40 PM5/1/12
Trial by jury is a foreign concept to you.

> Speed and send the ticket through the mail.

Trial by jury is a foreign concept to you.

> Have an accident and the insurance company has the proof they need.

Really? What proof is that?

> Great idea.

For the totalitarians.

> Don't like it...don't drive...it is a priviledge not a right.

Yes, it is a privilege. But it is a privilege that is extended
unconditionally to those that meet the necessary qualifications and are
law abiding.

Do you understand anything about rights? Or are they just there to be
trampled by you and your totalitarian friends?

Peter Franks

May 1, 2012, 8:39:26 PM5/1/12
On 5/1/2012 5:38 PM, Peter Franks wrote:
> Do you understand anything about rights? Or are they just there to be
> trampled by you and your totalitarian friends?

Corr: friends -> fiends.

Gray Guest

May 1, 2012, 10:44:36 PM5/1/12
Richard <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in
It's not a privilege, it's a revenue stream. Coming, going, standing still.

Gray Guest

May 1, 2012, 10:46:06 PM5/1/12
Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:65fda7e8-814b-4c79-
bcea-e49...@b14g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:
Who gives a fuck what you "think"?

Richard

May 2, 2012, 12:01:30 AM5/2/12
Doesn't matter.
In the end it will pass.

Airlines have been using that kind of system for decades.
It's nothing new.
And - "it will save lives".
Will probably even decide who was at fault in fatal accidents.

Look, we are past the age of individual rights and privacy.
This isn't the 20th century any more.
EVERYbody is a suspect now.

Save yourself a lot of bother and just get used to it.

Richard

May 2, 2012, 12:01:58 AM5/2/12
On 5/1/2012 9:44 PM, Gray Guest wrote:
> Richard<cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> driving a motor vehicle is a privilege - not a right.
>> At least that's what the DMV says.
>>
>> So they are not violating any of your rights - they are
>> just trying to protect the public.
>>
>> If nothing else, think of it as - "for the children"?
>>

>> :)
>
> It's not a privilege, it's a revenue stream. Coming, going, standing still.

Yeah, that too.

Richard

May 2, 2012, 12:08:25 AM5/2/12
TMT, you, and the rest of these morons are fools.

There are no conservatives any more.

There are no liberals any more.

Those are strictly middle class virtues. (And they ain't none no mo)

They are just old knee-jerk terms that you people throw at each other,
thinking you are being cute, while the world goes on with it's business.

You guys are so far behind the times.
Arguing Bull Shit while the machines march on.

Open thine eyes, people.

Richard

May 2, 2012, 12:09:51 AM5/2/12
oh, and

#### ## ## #### ######
## ## ### ## ## ## ##
### #### ## ## ## ##
### ## #### ## #####
### ## ### ## ##
## ## ## ## ## ##
#### ## ## #### ####

###### #### ###### #### ## ##
## ## ## # ## # ## ## ## ##
## ## ## ## ## ## ##
##### ## ## ## ######
## ## ## ## ## ## ##
## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##
###### #### #### #### ## ##

190 lines of stink just to add some more?

Gray Guest

May 2, 2012, 12:17:12 AM5/2/12
Richard <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in
Yeah, it's easywhen you have no brain.

Richard

May 2, 2012, 12:20:35 AM5/2/12
On 5/1/2012 11:17 PM, Gray Guest wrote:
> Richard<cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> On 5/1/2012 2:13 PM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
>>>
>>> "Richard"<cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> It's bound to be challenged as a Right to Privacy issue
>>>

>> Doesn't matter.
>> In the end it will pass.
>>
>> Airlines have been using that kind of system for decades.
>> It's nothing new.
>> And - "it will save lives".
>> Will probably even decide who was at fault in fatal accidents.
>>
>> Look, we are past the age of individual rights and privacy.
>> This isn't the 20th century any more.
>> EVERYbody is a suspect now.
>>
>> Save yourself a lot of bother and just get used to it.
>>

> Yeah, it's easywhen you have no brain.

Yeah. Take it out and save it.
Maybe brains will come back in style - some day?

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 12:49:25 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 9:46 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:65fda7e8-814b-4c79-
> bcea-e493478b1...@b14g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

> > And it seems to me that messing with the hardware will earn you a jail
> > sentence.
>
> > If you are not doing anything wrong, you wouldn't care.
>
> > TMT
>
> Who gives a fuck what you "think"?
>
> --
> I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to
> be sure.
>
> What I like about this attitude is it works equally well for Iran and the
> Democrat National Covention.
>
> http://nukeitfromorbit.com/- Hide quoted text -

LOL....sounds like you are worried that your wife will know where you
have been.

Ever consider that you will know where she has been?

All those stops at the liberal side of town were just for maintainance
of her sexual health.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 12:52:18 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 9:44 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> Richard <cavel...@earthlink.net> wrote innews:jMqdnYWVOajcYALS...@earthlink.com:
So if you don't like it then don't drive...you conservatives are
drowning in fat anyway.

You can just stick all those Republican bumper stickers on your ass
like "I Waddle For Cain"
Laugh..laugh..laugh..
TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 12:54:28 AM5/2/12
> trampled by you and your totalitarian friends?- Hide quoted text -

So the new qualifications will be to have an on board black box..so
what?

Don't like it...don't drive.
Again driving is a PRIVILEDGE NOT A RIGHT.
TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 12:58:41 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 7:09 pm, jk <kles...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> jk- Hide quoted text -

Because it is a priviledge.

TMT

jk

May 2, 2012, 1:43:03 AM5/2/12
Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >And if you are worried about the Government tracking you, then do not
>> >drive.
>>
>> It must be nice to have such blind trust in your government.
>>
>> >See...you have all the precious freedom and you exercise your
>> >priviledge to drive on public roads...or not.
>>
>> And why should I give up that privilege just because the government
>> wants to collect additional data that it doesn't need, nor have a
>> demonstrated use for.  It is not the collection of the data in a
>> "black box" that I object to,  but the dissemination of the data.
>> For that matter, that data (like all other data) has economic value.
>> Why should I be asked to surrender that data without due compensation?
>>

>> >As for "useful idiots", conservatives seem to have a corner on that
>> >market.
>>
>> I don't think so,  both ends of the spectrum seem to fill that niche.
>>

>> >TMT
>>
>> jk- Hide quoted text -

>Because it is a priviledge.
>
>TMT
Hard to tell what part you are responding to.

Providing a revenue stream of confidential data is not a
"previledge"(privilege).
Driving is considered one, but I am not so sure that the courts would
see it that way today, if asked to decide the matter in an environment
free of precedent.

The government has no "need to know" where I have been, or even where
I am, [Or where my car has been or is] in the absence of a warrant.

Indeed the installation of such systems becomes an "attractive
nuisance" to the government, and encourages them to break the law.

jk

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 2:24:15 AM5/2/12
On May 2, 12:43 am, jk <kles...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
The black boxes will be viewed just like your usage of the
Internet...another public place.

Businesses and Government track you on the Net...

TMT

NoBody

May 2, 2012, 5:57:19 AM5/2/12
On Tue, 1 May 2012 14:13:27 -0500, "SaPeIsMa" <SaPe...@HotMail.com>
wrote:

>"Richard" <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> driving a motor vehicle is a privilege - not a right.
>> At least that's what the DMV says.
>>
>> So they are not violating any of your rights - they are
>> just trying to protect the public.
>>
>> If nothing else, think of it as - "for the children"?
>>

>> :)
>

>It's bound to be challenged as a Right to Privacy issue

Don't you know that "Right to Privacy" only seems to apply to killing
babies?

Stormin Mormon

May 2, 2012, 6:23:19 AM5/2/12
That's a line of bad cops, over the years. Trying to shift the burden of
proof to the defendant. You should be ashamed of yourself for writing such
things.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:65fda7e8-814b-4c79-
bcea-e49...@b14g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

Stormin Mormon

May 2, 2012, 6:24:17 AM5/2/12
Just calm down and be a good sheeple.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Richard

May 2, 2012, 7:23:18 AM5/2/12
Top posting, still, huh?

And no respect for sheep either.

Maybe you need to see this as a training video?

Sheep in the Island - part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=vogtd_2LhUk

That'll learn ya!

SaPeIsMa

May 2, 2012, 10:18:21 AM5/2/12

"Richard" <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Aren't you glad you don't have to worry about that ?

Wayne

May 2, 2012, 10:49:23 AM5/2/12

"Too_Many_Tools" <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On May 1, 10:02 am, "Wayne" <mygarbage...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Ray Keller" <LEFTARD TROLLS ARE DESPERATE> wrote in
> messagenews:4f9f40af$0$17269$9a6e...@news.newshosting.com...
> Freedom is indeed screwed.- Hide quoted text -

# Freedom? You are free to walk and not drive...on PUBLIC roads.

# When you are on public roads, your privacy is not yours.

# TMT

But the proposed rules are not treating the roads as public, but as
government owned. A good lawyer could argue that roads are so integral to
modern life that roads (except on private land) are public domain.

Admit it...with your privacy violated, you'd be bitching like crazy.

Richard

May 2, 2012, 12:15:17 PM5/2/12
What? Worry about your brain?
Never

SaPeIsMa

May 2, 2012, 12:43:44 PM5/2/12

"Wayne" <mygarb...@verizon.net> wrote in message
And in the US, there are already legal judgments that clearly state that
contents of cars fall under the protection of your right to privacy.
Which is why the police cannot just go and search your car on a traffic
stop.
They need to have cause or your permission.

Peter Franks

May 2, 2012, 3:01:00 PM5/2/12
The black box is still in the vehicle.

> Again driving is a PRIVILEDGE NOT A RIGHT.

There's drool on your chin.

BeamMeUpScotty

May 2, 2012, 3:03:21 PM5/2/12
Owning a car is a right to private property...... only driving on
Government roads is a privileged.

--
*He has the most who is most content with the least* -Diogenes-

Winston_Smith

May 2, 2012, 3:41:25 PM5/2/12
On Tue, 1 May 2012 15:54:47 -0700, Larry <lar...@peaksky.com> wrote:

>In article <qhl0q7dnr1ddenpu9...@4ax.com>,
>inv...@butterfly.net says...
>
>> Only rich men will pay income tax. Why, you have to make a couple
>> thousand dollar per year before you own anything. Time and inflation.
>
>That's still pretty much the way it works. Poor people don't pay income tax.
>I am still working part time to supplement my Social Security, but for sure
>am getting far more from the gummint than I pay in nowadays. In theory, the
>53 years I spent pulling down a paycheck before applying for SS paid for
>that, but I don't believe it. I'm just sucking off the working Dick, just
>like the codgers sucked off of me when I was working. Poor people don't pay
>income tax, but they sure pay payroll tax, which is where my SS money comes
>from.

Bet you don't consider the guy that makes $3,000/year a "rich guy".

That was the pitch in 1913. Only a handful of fat cats would ever
have to pay in anything.

Michael A. Terrell

May 2, 2012, 5:46:16 PM5/2/12

Richard wrote:

> driving a motor vehicle is a privilege - not a right.
> At least that's what the DMV says.
>
> So they are not violating any of your rights - they are
> just trying to protect the public.
>
> If nothing else, think of it as - "for the children"?

Children aren't supposed to be driving. :)

Michael A. Terrell

May 2, 2012, 5:51:45 PM5/2/12

Richard wrote:

> Doesn't matter.
> In the end it will pass.
>
> Airlines have been using that kind of system for decades.
> It's nothing new.
> And - "it will save lives".
> Will probably even decide who was at fault in fatal accidents.
>
> Look, we are past the age of individual rights and privacy.
> This isn't the 20th century any more.
> EVERYbody is a suspect now.
>
> Save yourself a lot of bother and just get used to it.

Metal content:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261008475158

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/33000796/images/v054.jpg

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 5:59:07 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 9:49 am, "Wayne" <mygarbage...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Admit it...with your privacy violated, you'd be bitching like crazy.- Hide quoted text -

What if doesn't count...what is does.

A good lawyer means nothing.

The law is such is when you are the PUBLIC road you are fair game.

Your every keystroke is monitored on the Net....another PUBLIC venue.

Your every movement on PUBLIC roads is monitored by a host of
means...cameras being just one of them.

Admit it...you know that they can and do and you are bitching like
crazy because you do not like it.

Deal with it.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 6:19:04 PM5/2/12
> There's drool on your chin.- Hide quoted text -

And there is crap in your drawers. LOL

The black box will be a part of the car itself.

Conservatives make damn poor lawyers.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 6:17:51 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 11:43 am, "SaPeIsMa" <SaPeI...@HotMail.com> wrote:
> "Wayne" <mygarbage...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>     They need to have cause or your permission.- Hide quoted text -

The black box is not part of the contents...it is part of the car.

BIG difference.

And the legal judgments you mention are a grey area at best...law
enforcement can and do inspect and seize contents of cars without your
permission.

Again if you do not like it, do not use a PUBLIC resource as a road.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

May 2, 2012, 6:23:35 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 2:03 pm, BeamMeUpScotty
> *He has the most who is most content with the least* -Diogenes-- Hide quoted text -

Owning a car is a priviledge to private property..not a right...which
comes with responsibilities.

In most areas, you need to pay taxes, maintain service, own insurance,
etc...even if it does not leave your private property.

Responsibility to pay one's bills is something conservatives usually
try to avoid.

TMT

Richard

May 2, 2012, 6:49:21 PM5/2/12
I think the latter would be much more pleasant!

misanthrope

May 2, 2012, 6:50:09 PM5/2/12
On 5/2/2012 4:59 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
<snip>

> What if doesn't count...what is does.
>
> A good lawyer means nothing.
>
> The law is such is when you are the PUBLIC road you are fair game.
>
> Your every keystroke is monitored on the Net....another PUBLIC venue.
>
> Your every movement on PUBLIC roads is monitored by a host of
> means...cameras being just one of them.
>
> Admit it...you know that they can and do and you are bitching like
> crazy because you do not like it.
>
> Deal with it.
>
> TMT

I guess this won't apply to places where they have privatized the roads?

Richard

May 2, 2012, 6:53:28 PM5/2/12

> Richard wrote:
>>
>> driving a motor vehicle is a privilege - not a right.
>> At least that's what the DMV says.
>>
>> So they are not violating any of your rights - they are
>> just trying to protect the public.
>>
>> If nothing else, think of it as - "for the children"?
>

> Children aren't supposed to be driving. :)

Don't be one of those argumentative types, Michael!

Kids ride in cars.

Remember the 70-80s think? "Baby I'm Bored"?
Or something like that...

Michael A. Terrell

May 2, 2012, 7:02:45 PM5/2/12
I wonder how hard it would be to make that type of metal sign?

The second link just goes to the same images as the first, but
bigger.

Michael A. Terrell

May 2, 2012, 7:04:40 PM5/2/12

Richard wrote:

> Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> >
> > Children aren't supposed to be driving. :)
>
> Don't be one of those argumentative types, Michael!
>
> Kids ride in cars.
>
> Remember the 70-80s think? "Baby I'm Bored"?
> Or something like that...

I was in the Army in the '70s, and there were no kids riding with
me. Do YOU remember the '70s? ;-)
Message has been deleted

Richard

May 2, 2012, 9:54:35 PM5/2/12

> Richard wrote:
>>
>> Michael A. Terrell wrote:
>>>
>>> Children aren't supposed to be driving. :)
>>
>> Don't be one of those argumentative types, Michael!
>>
>> Kids ride in cars.
>>
>> Remember the 70-80s think? "Baby I'm Bored"?
>> Or something like that...
>

> I was in the Army in the '70s, and there were no kids riding with
> me. Do YOU remember the '70s? ;-)

It's hazy, true...

But some of it was a lot of fun!

Gray Guest

May 2, 2012, 10:02:27 PM5/2/12
"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61***spam...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> That's a line of bad cops, over the years. Trying to shift the burden of
> proof to the defendant. You should be ashamed of yourself for writing
such
> things.

It's also the lame excuse of petty dictators.

--
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to
be sure.

What I like about this attitude is it works equally well for Iran and the
Democrat National Covention.

http://nukeitfromorbit.com/

Scout

May 2, 2012, 10:55:44 PM5/2/12

"Richard" <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Ok, where do you want me to send your bikini to you?

You may want to practice grabbing your ankles while you wait for delivery.

:-)

Scout

May 2, 2012, 10:51:08 PM5/2/12

"Richard" <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On 5/1/2012 2:13 PM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
>>
>> "Richard" <cave...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> driving a motor vehicle is a privilege - not a right.
>>> At least that's what the DMV says.
>>>
>>> So they are not violating any of your rights - they are
>>> just trying to protect the public.
>>>
>>> If nothing else, think of it as - "for the children"?
>>>

>>> :)
>>

>> It's bound to be challenged as a Right to Privacy issue
>>

> Doesn't matter.
> In the end it will pass.
>
> Airlines have been using that kind of system for decades.
> It's nothing new.
> And - "it will save lives".
> Will probably even decide who was at fault in fatal accidents.

All the more reason for me to hack the system so that it fails to record
anything contrary to what I want it to say.

Since people are already hacking the OnStar system I doubt that something
like this would be immune.

Peter Franks

May 2, 2012, 11:16:00 PM5/2/12
Wrong. Private property ownership is a RIGHT.

> In most areas, you need to pay taxes, maintain service, own insurance,
> etc...even if it does not leave your private property.

Wrong again.

> Responsibility to pay one's bills is something conservatives usually
> try to avoid.

Wrong, yet again.

Liberals feel that anything less that 100% taxation is bad.

Peter Franks

May 2, 2012, 11:16:49 PM5/2/12
You don't even make sense. Ignored.

Peter Franks

May 2, 2012, 11:17:39 PM5/2/12
Ah, the sweet smell of tyranny!

Peter Franks

May 2, 2012, 11:18:55 PM5/2/12
Trying to. By getting rid of you loony tyrants.

pyotr filipivich

May 3, 2012, 2:58:54 AM5/3/12
Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.t...@earthlink.net> on or about Wed, 02 May 2012 19:04:40
-0400 did write, type or otherwise cause to appear in
talk.politics.guns the following:

>Richard wrote:
>>
>> Michael A. Terrell wrote:
>> >
>> > Children aren't supposed to be driving. :)
>>
>> Don't be one of those argumentative types, Michael!
>>
>> Kids ride in cars.
>>
>> Remember the 70-80s think? "Baby I'm Bored"?
>> Or something like that...
>

> I was in the Army in the '70s, and there were no kids riding with
>me. Do YOU remember the '70s? ;-)

Something tells me his parents don't - not clearly, or without
flashbacks and suppressed memories, for that matter.
--
pyotr filipivich
Next Month's Panel: Suicide - getting it right the first time.

Too_Many_Tools

May 3, 2012, 3:48:56 AM5/3/12
On May 2, 9:51 pm, "Scout" <me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:
> "Richard" <cavel...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > On 5/1/2012 2:13 PM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
>
> >> "Richard" <cavel...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> >> It's bound to be challenged as a Right to Privacy issue
>
> > Doesn't matter.
> > In the end it will pass.
>
> > Airlines have been using that kind of system for decades.
> > It's nothing new.
> > And - "it will save lives".
> > Will probably even decide who was at fault in fatal accidents.
>
> All the more reason for me to hack the system so that it fails to record
> anything contrary to what I want it to say.
>
> Since people are already hacking the OnStar system I doubt that something
> like this would be immune.- Hide quoted text -

Set yourself for a prison sentence then.

You will find many friends there.aa and you better practice grabbing
your ankles

But of course you need to see your toes first...they are below that
belly of yours.

TMT

SaPeIsMa

May 3, 2012, 9:06:48 AM5/3/12

"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Richard wrote:
>>
>> driving a motor vehicle is a privilege - not a right.
>> At least that's what the DMV says.
>>
>> So they are not violating any of your rights - they are
>> just trying to protect the public.
>>
>> If nothing else, think of it as - "for the children"?
>

> Children aren't supposed to be driving. :)

I learned to drive a tractor and haul farm equipment at age 9.
Did so perfectly legally on public roads at the time.
My kids have been "driving", more accurately steering, since they were big
enough (>6) to sit in my lap and see over the steering wheel to steer the
van while I controlled gas and brakes.
(Fortunately, perfectly legal on private roads.)
This summer my 14 year-old will learn how to drive a VW with a stick.
(Again perfectly legal on private roads.)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Eddie Haskell

May 3, 2012, 11:52:51 AM5/3/12

"Kirby Grant" <KGr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On 2-May-2012, Too_Many_Tools <too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote at
> misc.survivalism:
> Which brings up a very good point. When conservatives get in trouble with
> the law, do you think that they turn to conservative lawyers? Of course
> not
> - unless they are down right stupid.
>
> They'll seek out a liberal lawyer? Why? Because there is a better chance
> that a liberal lawyer will actually work to represent their client to the
> best of their ability and that they know how to use the legal system to
> their advantage. Most superior law schools really only turn out liberal
> lawyers. The few conservative law schools that do exist don't exactly have
> the best reputation for turning out good quality lawyers.

Liberal lawyers are inherently better at lying and cheating because being a
liberal requires that you be immoral. All you have to do is sit and listen
to one for any length of time and you will soon see that he is solely
focused on ways to cheat the system and get away with improprieties. John
Edward's is a perfect example of a liberal lawyer. Made is fortune selling
snake oil to moronic juries while he drove up the cost of healthcare
exponentially. Then of course he was fucking over his dying wife the whole
time he was running for president. If he had been the nominee you would have
voted for him no matter what because he has a "D" by his name.

I win again.

-Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell

May 3, 2012, 11:54:33 AM5/3/12

> On 1-May-2012, Peter Franks <no...@none.com> wrote at misc.survivalism:

> Wrong bozo. It is not extended unconditionally. There are plenty of
> conditions. One of them is that you can't drive somewhere for the purpose
> of
> committing an illegal act. It is also illegal to drive under the influence
> of alcohol and drugs. It is also illegal to speed. OTOH the government has
> the right to slam you in jail for doing illegal things like speeding, etc.
> Eventually when the full force of this kicks in people like you will learn
> to start respecting the laws of this country.

What is it about the term "law abiding" that you don't understand?

You lose again.

-Eddie Haskell

Peter Franks

May 3, 2012, 1:17:14 PM5/3/12
On 5/3/2012 6:59 AM, Kirby Grant wrote:
> On 2-May-2012, Too_Many_Tools<too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote at
> misc.survivalism:
>
> Which brings up a very good point. When conservatives get in trouble with
> the law, do you think that they turn to conservative lawyers? Of course not
> - unless they are down right stupid.
>
> They'll seek out a liberal lawyer? Why? Because there is a better chance
> that a liberal lawyer will actually work to represent their client to the
> best of their ability and that they know how to use the legal system to
> their advantage. Most superior law schools really only turn out liberal
> lawyers. The few conservative law schools that do exist don't exactly have
> the best reputation for turning out good quality lawyers.

The best lawyer is one that lies, cheats, and basically does whatever he
can to achieve his goal; people, rights, god and country be damned.

Now you understand why liberal lawyers are 'better' in your opinion.

Peter Franks

May 3, 2012, 1:18:38 PM5/3/12
On 5/3/2012 6:55 AM, Kirby Grant wrote:
> On 1-May-2012, Peter Franks<no...@none.com> wrote at misc.survivalism:

>> trampled by you and your totalitarian friends?
>
> Wrong bozo. It is not extended unconditionally. There are plenty of
> conditions. One of them is that you can't drive somewhere for the purpose of
> committing an illegal act. It is also illegal to drive under the influence
> of alcohol and drugs. It is also illegal to speed. OTOH the government has
> the right to slam you in jail for doing illegal things like speeding, etc.
> Eventually when the full force of this kicks in people like you will learn
> to start respecting the laws of this country.

What part of "law abiding" is incomprehensible to you?!

Peter Franks

May 3, 2012, 1:20:00 PM5/3/12
LOL! I gave virtually the same response before I saw your response.

Peter Franks

May 3, 2012, 1:21:18 PM5/3/12
> Speed and send the ticket through the mail.
>
> Have an accident and the insurance company has the proof they need.
>
> Great idea.
>
> Don't like it...don't drive...it is a priviledge not a right.

Let me ask this simple question. Since governments are instituted to
/secure rights/, exactly what right is being secured by mandating the
installation of these boxes?

Wayne

May 3, 2012, 2:24:25 PM5/3/12

#
# Speed and send the ticket through the mail.
#
# Have an accident and the insurance company has the proof they need.
#
# Great idea.
#
# Don't like it...don't drive...it is a priviledge not a right.
#
# TMT

Oh there are SO many possibilities that you have missed:
- Control the black box so that the maximum speed the car will go is the
speed limit
- Control the time of day that you can drive. If the smog level is too
high, just shut the cars down and people can walk home.
- Control destinations, such that under 18 cannot park near a bar
- Blow the horn if someone tries to illegally park
- Control routes if traffic is congested...try to go a different route and
the engine shuts off.
- Enforce carpooling by having cars operational on alternate days.

etc.

This technology is TMT's wet dream come true.

BeamMeUpScotty

May 3, 2012, 3:45:52 PM5/3/12
On 5/2/2012 6:23 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
> On May 2, 2:03 pm, BeamMeUpScotty
> <ThenDestroyEveryth...@blackhole.nebulax.com> wrote:

>>> The black box is still in the vehicle.

>> Owning a car is a right to private property...... only driving on
>> Government roads is a privileged.
>>
>> --
>> *He has the most who is most content with the least* -Diogenes-- Hide quoted text -

> Owning a car is a priviledge to private property..not a right...which
> comes with responsibilities.
>
> In most areas, you need to pay taxes,
What tax?

maintain service,
By whose standard?

own insurance,
For using on your own property?

> etc...even if it does not leave your private property.
so race cars and collectors cars and tractors need insurance? How about
lawn mowers and motorcycles sitting in your garage for the last 20 years?

> Responsibility to pay one's bills is something conservatives usually
> try to avoid.

government Mandating bills for people is NOT constitutional or freedom.

> TMT

Eddie Haskell

May 3, 2012, 5:04:24 PM5/3/12

"Peter Franks" <no...@none.com> wrote in message
Seemed to be the obvious one.

-Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell

May 3, 2012, 5:06:21 PM5/3/12

"Peter Franks" <no...@none.com> wrote in message
You'll have to overlook, Grant. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Here, just take a look:

"If tobacco caused cancer then everyone who has ever smoked tobacco would
have developed cancer "

-Kirby Grant, Friday, April 20, 2012 12:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Every Republican president in this century was placed in office through
voter fraud."

-Kirby Grant, Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"I voted for the person who became president. Therefore it was the correct
vote."

-Kirby Grant, Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Although it is more polite to just say "menally challenged" these days."

-Kirby Grant, Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"All churches are racist hate churches""

-Kirby Grant, Friday, March 09, 2012 12:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"A fetus is not alive until it takes its first breath."

-Kirby Grant, Tuesday, February 21,
2012 1:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

Eddie Haskell: At any rate, you obviously believe that he [Hussein] was born
in the US.

Kirby Grant: I don't believe that at all. I know that he was born in Hawaii.

-Monday, December 12, 2011 3:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"I don't believe things. I operate without beliefs."

-Kirby Grant, Monday, December 12, 2011 2:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Beliefs are not based on facts or experience."

-Kirby Grant, Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Believe what you want. Beliefs are for fools and pathetic snots like
yourself."

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, June 09, 2011 11:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"I am perfectly capable of living without beliefs. "

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"I told you a long time ago I do not "believe" things. That is something
that weak-minded people do. "

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"The original message was about Sarah "I can see Russia from my front door"
Palin."

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:34 PM

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110608094524AAnEDin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Only fringe loonies listen."

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"I voted for President Obama because he was the most qualified individual
who ran for president in 2008. "

-Kirby Grant, Friday, July 22, 2011 3:13 PM

"That's ridiculous. Of course he received congressional approval. He issued
an executive order."

-Kirby Grant, Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"I don't have any beliefs at all, except that I believe I'll have another
diet coke since I'm thirsty. Beliefs are for those who don't have
knowledge."

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, June 09, 2011 1:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

In fact, Dubya wasn't actually a natural born citizen - his mother gave
birth to him via C-section. Which means he was not born naturally.

-Kirby Grant, Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"About the only thing noteworthy about 9/11 is that NYC got a hole in the
ground that has been far more profitable for the city than the buildings
that used to exist on that spot. Generally it can be said that they are
fairly satisfied with the overall results over the past decade. They
couldn't have done better unless they had planned it
themselves."

-Kirby Grant, Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Obama will be re-elected. By a very comfortable margin."

-Kirby Grant, Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"How is it possible that you are just one person and yet you have more
ignorance 'then' a thousand men?"

-Kirby Grant, Friday, June 03, 2011 10:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Of course I have a brand in this fire because I had been married to an
immoral slut who I didn't realize was banging half the guys in town whenever
I was away on a business trip and that was often several times a month."

-Kirby Grant, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"As a matter of fact, yes. I am a historian. Not that you would have ever
read my materials - which were written under a different identity."

-Kirby Grant,Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Given the latest announcement by the WHO regarding cell phone usage and
brain cancer, I'm betting Republicans won't be smart enough to decrease
their cell phone usage."

-Kirby Grant, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"Being BORN on either the north American or South American continent or the
Latin America in between the north american and south american continent
more or less conveys the status of being an American."

-Kirby Grant, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"You see, we have plenty of confusion on the Democratic side as well, but we
know better 'then' to start having splinter groups. "

-Kirby Grant, Monday, July 18, 2011 1:29 PM

"Again with the vast ignorance. I was wrong - you have more ignorance 'then'
ten thousand other men."

-Kirby Grant, Friday, June 03, 2011 10:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"I know better 'then' to address a letter to the president."

-Kirby Grant, Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

"People who have never served have no right at all to comment on how
military operations are performed."

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:27 PM

Haskell: The democrats oppose school choice on behalf of the NEA because
they don't want the competition.

Grant: The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) doesn't do any of what you
just claimed.

-Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:42 PM

"Liberals have been winning in this country for well over 200 years"

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:38 PM

"Classical liberalism is the philosophy committed to the ideal of limited
government, constitutionalism, rule of law, due process, and liberty of
individuals including freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and
free markets"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

"Classical liberalism simply does not apply any longer. It is part of the
myths that float around in that infantile mind you possess. It describe
something that exist some time in the past, but which has been superceded by
post-modernism."

-Kirby Grant, Monday, December 19, 2011 8:09 AM

"For starters, liberal and liberalism are two different ideas."

-Kirby Grant, Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:23 AM

Eddie Haskell: Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Kirby Grant: Like all other stupid conservatives, you live in sound bite
hell. Your first sentence is not true and has never been true. It only
exists as a sound bite because it sounds clever. But is is totally outside
proof.

-Kirby Grant, Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:38 PM

-Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell

May 3, 2012, 5:44:03 PM5/3/12

"Peter Franks" <no...@none.com> wrote in message