Syrus King tragedy

Luis Mejia

Feb 13, 2001, 11:38:24 AM2/13/01
I just received a very distrubing email from Swamis Surf Club. It said
that Syrus King was killed in an accident. It is a tragic loss and my
condolences go out to his family. Syrus, I hope that you are in a better
watery world.

Luis

Michael Sullivan

Feb 13, 2001, 12:39:38 PM2/13/01

surf related or traffic? sorry to hear it.
Mike

Luis Mejia

Feb 13, 2001, 5:32:26 PM2/13/01
Mike,

I don't have any details. I heard that Swamis Club is meeting tonight to
discuss a memorial paddle.

Luis

Surfwriter

Feb 16, 2001, 6:53:41 PM2/16/01

Sad news about a very talented young surfer. The Coalition of Surfing
Clubs has put up a Syrus King Memorial page at:
<http://www.surfclubs.org/syrus.htm>

gratt...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 7:03:15 PM6/29/15
If anyone has the full story on syrus, please let us know. On a trip to California, my 9 year old came across the memorial and we haven't been able to find his full story. Thank you.

Susan and Chase

Tom Tweed

Jul 2, 2015, 2:42:01 PM7/2/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:03:13 -0700 (PDT), gratt...@gmail.com wrote:

>If anyone has the full story on syrus, please let us know. On a trip to California, my 9 year old came across the memorial and we haven't been able to find his full story. Thank you.

Wow, that was 14 years ago, no? Did you do a google search to dig up
this old thread? I don't think anyone knows the full story. It was
certainly a tragedy, either an accidental gun death or a suicide.

The report at the time was that Syrus picked up a gun that he thought
was unloaded, held it to his head, and pulled the trigger. Police
called it an "accident" and did not investigate further, however, the
King family and ther surfing community that knew him still have many
unanswered questions about the incident.

TT
Tom Tweed
La Jolla, CA, USA
"I have never been into fashion, but I am totally into style."
--Kurt "Archie" Ledterman

64...@fuesd.org

Jan 12, 2018, 12:29:44 PM1/12/18
thank you i am one of the granchildren of uncle syrus