Global warming responsible for increase in shark attacks on surfers.

Alan Cale

Sep 18, 2015, 5:10:15 AM9/18/15
What’s up with all the shark attacks recently? According to the
International Shark Attack File at the University of Florida,
the Carolinas have had at least 10 shark attacks so far this
year—seven in North Carolina and three in South Carolina. This
is already more than last year, in which North Carolina saw only
four attacks total for the year, according to National
Geographic. “In the previous decade, there were only 25 shark
attacks in North Carolina. And there have been just 55
documented shark attacks in the state between 1905 and 2014,”
says National Geographic. Clearly, shark attacks are on the rise
in the state. So what gives?

“Across the United States overall, shark attacks are on pace
with an average year, and the chance of getting bit is still
very low—an estimated one in 11.5 million for an ocean bather,”
George H. Burgess, the director of the International Shark
Attack File at the Florida Museum of Natural History, tells
National Geographic. But, he adds, “Clearly, something is going
on in North Carolina right now.”

“It’s kind of a perfect storm,” Burgess tells National
Geographic. Warmer air temperatures have brought warmer water
temperatures to the coastal Carolina waters earlier than ever
this year. North Carolina is also experiencing a moderate
drought, which means less fresh water has flowed to the ocean,
making the coastal waters more salty than usual, says National
Geographic. It just so happens sharks like warm, salty waters.
Add to that the fact that warmer temperatures are bringing more
and more people to the beach and into the water to cool off, and
that several of the attacks have happened to people who were
near fishing lines, whose bait attracts—you guessed it—sharks,
and you’ve got Burgess’s “perfect storm.”

http://ecowatch.com/2015/07/03/shark-attacks-climate-change/

Wally W.

Sep 18, 2015, 9:27:30 AM9/18/15
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:06:40 +0200 (CEST), Alan Cale wrote:

>Warmer air temperatures have brought warmer water
>temperatures to the coastal Carolina waters earlier than ever
>this year.

Cite?

Warmer than *ever*?!

Why are eco-nuts so given to hyperbole?

How shrill do they have to be before even MSM is too embarrassed to
repeat their spew?

Petzl

Sep 18, 2015, 6:03:45 PM9/18/15
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:06:40 +0200 (CEST), "Alan Cale" <ac...@aol.com>
wrote:

>What’s up with all the shark attacks recently?
>
>http://ecowatch.com/2015/07/03/shark-attacks-climate-change/

Aound Australia "we" have been removed the shark nets and stopped
killing sharks near popular beaches
--
Petzl

Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22­ years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:

"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

dechucka

Sep 18, 2015, 6:16:58 PM9/18/15

"Petzl" <pet...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:06:40 +0200 (CEST), "Alan Cale" <ac...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>>What's up with all the shark attacks recently?
>>
>>http://ecowatch.com/2015/07/03/shark-attacks-climate-change/
>
> Aound Australia "we" have been removed the shark nets and stopped
> killing sharks near popular beaches

so what?

Chom Noamsky

Sep 18, 2015, 10:02:30 PM9/18/15
sharks... in the ocean... omg, what is the world coming to

dechucka

Sep 19, 2015, 12:08:03 AM9/19/15

"Chom Noamsky" <moose-ri...@bc.commmmm> wrote in message
Well figured out, now any comment on the substantive issue