Johno's visit

Kev

Dec 7, 2014, 3:58:28 AM12/7/14
My mate Johno came to visit this weekend. I picked him up
from the bus on Thursday in time for the late and stopped at
the servo for go-go juice which he paid. This was good as
none of my other mates would drive with me for three weeks
knowing I was on fumes and the next bastard to get in would
cop it.

So it was surf the late Thursday, the early Friday and then
all day Saturday. Saturday was clean 2-3ft on the beach and
then the point when the tide dropped and the wind got up.
Johno shared the waves around, never dropped in, never snaked
or even pretend to go and talk to someone to get to the
inside. When the best sets loomed he never even tried the
old "did you see that shadow".

On Saturday night at the pub he disappeared before midnight
with one of the local chicky babes. The rest of us kept the
school going until the dosh ran out. When he snuck back in
for dawn patrol on Sunday today with a smile on his face we
assumed he'd been for a surf check on the way home and there
were more waves -- and they were.

Well at noon I heard him on the phone. I always eavesdrop on
other people's phone conversations coz you never know when
you'll get a good racing tip or learn who's holding. I was
glad I did coz you know what I heard? He was talking to the
chicky about her feelings.

I knew I had to act. I told him "it's bin beaut, come and
stay again, I'll drive you to the bus". He was a bit
confused but was such a good house guest he packed up and we
were off. I felt guilty afterwards, but really I had no
choice. It's one thing for him to swan around showing us
fellas up as cheapskates, pigs, and drop-in artists, but if
he gets the local chicks expecting not only phone calls but
to talk about their feelings, I mean that's beyond the pale.

Thomas

Dec 7, 2014, 8:37:14 AM12/7/14
On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 00:54:45 -0800, Kev <bitb...@saynotospam.org.au>
wrote: