Rumbling Noise in ear, is it tinnitus or something else?

Gremlin Dude

Oct 5, 2004, 5:10:26 PM10/5/04
Hi. recently, roughly in the past few months, i have been
experiencing a rumbling sound in my left ear, it feels like my ear
drum is spasming or something like that. The thing is this, until
about a month ago, i wud only get this sound if i was lying down on
the left ear. If i heard the slightest noise, the rumbling would
start, then go as soon as the noise stopped (usually my brother
tossing and turning in bed, above my room). A month ago i was just
sitting using my pc and my left ear went mad...about a minute of
extreme rumbling, i was kinda panicing a bit cos it wudnt stop (this
was sat up, not lying on left ear as when the rumbling usually
occurs).

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? i often listen
to loud music and wonder if i may have damaged my eardrum? but my
right ear is fine so it may not be due to the music. Tinnitus maybe?

help would be much welcome :)

========
Gremlin_Dude

francispoon

Oct 6, 2004, 1:51:05 PM10/6/04
SEE A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY! BUT MAKE SURE YOU FIND ONE WHO IS
EXPERIENCED IN TREATING EARS. MOST DOCTORS DON'T KNOW HOW TO TREAT
TINNITUS. I WENT TO ABOUT 15 DOCTORS DURING THE ONSET OF MY TINNITUS
AND FEW HELPED.

YOU ARE BETTER OFF TALKING TO MURRAY OR OTHER LICENSED DOCTORS IN THIS
GROUP AND ASK THEM FOR ADVICE. IT IS BETTER TO GO TO SEE THEM. EAR
TROUBLE COULD BE MADDENING. FOR WHATEVER SUM OF MONEY YOU WOULD SPEND
ON YOUR CURRENT ILL, IT IS WORTH CONSIDERING HOW HORRIFIC THIS DISEASE
COULD BE.

FP
=============

Elly Byrne

Oct 6, 2004, 4:37:07 PM10/6/04
It could be the beginning of tinnitus. A doctor may rule out anything
serious, After that he may not be much help.

It sounds like you have some tension building up on the left side of
your neck.

Have a look here:
http://eebee.net/TinnitusIsaPainintheNeck.shtml

Tinnitus is a pain in the neck
Elly's Tinnitus Resources
http://eebee.net/

For email: elly at eebee.cjb.net

Gremlin Dude

Oct 7, 2004, 1:20:25 PM10/7/04
Hi guys, ta for the advice, i think i might make an appointment to see
my doctor next week. i took a look at that url u put (about neck
tension) and i believe it may be neck related as i have had problems
with my neck before (mainly if i turn my neck to one side too far i
get dizzy and almost pass out)

Anywho i shall check with the doctor next week and see if any problems
arise.

thanks again

gremlin_dude