Waiting For David's Post

Wayne Baker

Aug 9, 2017, 3:49:44 PM8/9/17
There should be a post from David L any time now announcing his achievement
of Titanic Old Fogey (10 Years smober). If you wander in David,
congratulations!!!!

Wayne

DavidL

Aug 11, 2017, 7:05:22 PM8/11/17
I am so sorry I'm late..... Here is my meter and my first post to AS3

I have been quit for 10 Years, 5 Days, 5 hours, 19 minutes and 20 seconds (3,658 days). I have saved $16,478.45 (need to adjust carton price) by not smoking 109,746 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Year, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 1 hour and 30 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 8/6/2007 12:45 PM

Aug 11, 2017, 7:13:33 PM8/11/17
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 2:49:44 PM UTC-5, Wayne Baker wrote:
I will add, my Mom (hopefully still on the quitlist) was admitted to the hospital unable to breath one morning. On the way to visit her, I stopped at my Dr and got a prescription for Chantix. When I got to her room she was on oxygen and had just taken her first dose. We quit about 9 days apart. (She is 8/15/07). She never came off oxygen and passed in 2012. I know she sees that she saved my life. I just got back from the Smokies where I hiked 25 miles and picked up my 100 mile pin. May not mean much to you crossfit freaks, but it means the world to me. I couldn't climb a flight of stairs once upon a time.

Leon

Aug 12, 2017, 8:26:57 AM8/12/17
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

bilsch

Aug 12, 2017, 2:21:24 PM8/12/17
Great milestone, and great first post. Nicotine addiction is like an
evil curse. I'm glad you are here.
Bill S.

bilsch

Aug 13, 2017, 4:41:24 AM8/13/17
test

bilsch

Aug 13, 2017, 5:58:46 AM8/13/17
test4

Wayne Baker

Aug 13, 2017, 8:36:29 AM8/13/17
bilsch <kin...@comcast.net> wrote in news:omp7kn$ocr$1...@dont-email.me:

> test4

You're posts are appearing Bill (if that's what you're testing).

Leon

Aug 13, 2017, 9:10:10 AM8/13/17
Hey David, Debbie and I are going hiking in the Delaware Water Gap some time soon.. I can relate to the feeling of accomplishment.

Wayne Baker

Aug 14, 2017, 7:11:23 AM8/14/17
Leon <le...@winstanleyclan.us> wrote in
I managed to get out of bed and kike to my kitchen for a cup of coffee a
while ago. I admire you marathon hikers! One of these days I'll have
to really get out and start walking again.

Wayne

bilsch

Aug 14, 2017, 11:35:30 AM8/14/17
Thanks Wayne. Everything is good now. Bill S.

John van Gurp (Feb 2001)

Aug 18, 2017, 7:13:44 AM8/18/17
Congratulations David!
Whoohoo¡!!!!!!!!!!
JohnTOF

Jef.

Aug 22, 2017, 6:21:52 PM8/22/17

> "Wayne Baker" wrote
> There should be a post from David L any time now announcing his
> achievement
> of Titanic Old Fogey

DAVID!!!
Congratulations, old friend! It's SO nice to see this.
I have this laptop PC, upstairs, and a desktop PC, downstairs-- which gets
the most use, but for some reason my newsgroup settings are screwed and I
can't access AS3 on it.
I am rarely up here, except to use Quicken to write checks and pay bills, so
I don't check in here to the newsgroup very often.
Today I did, and I see this fine news awaiting me. I'm happy for you, and
pleased to count you among the scant handful of old AS3 hands with whom I'm
still friendly and in touch.
(Hi, Wayne, Debbie, John, Leon, Ken, Morgan...!)

Not sure if you saw it on FACEBOOK, David, but I also transposed it to my
World's Oldest Living Boy pages.
Here's a new "Pop" story for you, by way of a gift, as I know you've been a
fan over the years.

http://www.flashbackdesign.biz/Writing/Mom%20And%20Pop%20Vs.%20Hitler.html

Hang in there, old pal. Good work!

Jef.

joypaul340

Aug 31, 2017, 12:23:41 AM8/31/17
Congrats David !! Huge congrats .,....inspiring indeed