HELP??? what kind of skin rash is this??

george

Mar 28, 2006, 8:02:00 AM3/28/06
Hello,
I have posted pictures on

http://www.picturetrail.com/skinrash

Is there anyone who is in medical or dermatology field can advise me
what is this skin rash.
Its affecting my forearm, hand, feet and legs. I have those red spots
with white peak or white thin skin on top for the past 2 months. It
suddenly appeared after I have work in insulation (putting insulation in

the basement, i was wearing gloves..but don't think it related)
It itches, when I scratch to relief the itch, its gets redder, and
sometime peaks of blood appeared.

I have that on my legs in the past 5 yrs...but it's on my hands and feet

that is suddenly happen (in the past 2 months)
My family doctor is not sure what it is, he prescribe me some cream but
that didn't work.

Is anyone can advise me what it is, and what could be possible cure I
would appreciated.
I am a 45 yr. gay male. In good health in general.

Message has been deleted

randall

Mar 28, 2006, 4:14:05 PM3/28/06

Susan wrote:

> george wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have posted pictures on
> >
> > http://www.picturetrail.com/skinrash
> >
> > Is there anyone who is in medical or dermatology field can advise me
> > what is this skin rash.

No one from those fields would do that here. Not ethically anyway.

> > Its affecting my forearm, hand, feet and legs. I have those red spots
> > with white peak or white thin skin on top for the past 2 months. It
> > suddenly appeared after I have work in insulation (putting insulation in
> >
> > the basement, i was wearing gloves..but don't think it related)

Yet it may be an allergic reaction to the glass. We've had many folks
who onset with Psoriasis after similar triggers. But if yours is P
related
then it would be in the guttate stage now and it would seem to be
hanging around for much longer then usual. Possibly negating that
diagnosis.

> > It itches, when I scratch to relief the itch, its gets redder, and
> > sometime peaks of blood appeared.
> >
> > I have that on my legs in the past 5 yrs...but it's on my hands and feet
> >
> > that is suddenly happen (in the past 2 months)
> > My family doctor is not sure what it is, he prescribe me some cream but
> > that didn't work.

Which one? That would tell us what he thought it was.

> > Is anyone can advise me what it is, and what could be possible cure I
> > would appreciated.
> > I am a 45 yr. gay male. In good health in general.
> >

> I don't know if it's what you've got, but if you go to google, then
> images and google up "rickettsial rashes," there are some that look just
> like it.
>
> Susan

OK lets see.

http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/182_05_070305/dye10391_fm.html

YeP

That was the 11th one in,
http://images.google.com/images?q=rickettsial&qt_s=Search&sa=N&tab=gi

Didn't bother to look at others.

The groups are worth a look,
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=rickettsial&qt_s=Search

Was George bit by a bug bug or is it a P thing?

randall... need more inPut..

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

george

Mar 30, 2006, 8:42:47 AM3/30/06
Hello,
thank you for your input.
I have checked the pictures, I dont think that what I got.
I have been told it may be scabbies or posrasis.(.not sure of the spelling)
I need to know how to cure it. I have tried the treatment with Nix or PIX
and Kwellada, that didn't do nothing.
I am not taking hot bath with vinaiger, ...not sure if taht gonna help.

I have a apointment with a dermatologist, in 8 months ..can you imagine.
It can get worst.
This morning i discover i have some on my stomach.

any suggestion or remedy before i meet with a dermatologist, please post it
here.

thanks

Susan wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes

> randall wrote:
>
> > Was George bit by a bug bug or is it a P thing?
> >

> If he has a rickettsial rash, he got it from an arthropod, most likely a
> tick.
>
> Susan

randall

Mar 30, 2006, 12:49:47 PM3/30/06

george wrote:
> Hello,
> thank you for your input.
> I have checked the pictures, I dont think that what I got.
> I have been told it may be scabbies or posrasis.(.not sure of the spelling)

Bad news. If psoriasis it simply gets worse over time, usually.

> I need to know how to cure it. I have tried the treatment with Nix or PIX
> and Kwellada, that didn't do nothing.

I'll need to google nix and pix. For Kwellada did you mean kalawalla?

My usefulness in finding nix and pix didn't pan out.

Erm, "uselessness."

Deja vu!

> I am not taking hot bath with vinaiger, ...not sure if taht gonna help.
>
> I have a apointment with a dermatologist, in 8 months ..can you imagine.

No. Go find one today and grease him with a few bucks and get
some closure already.

Then let us know.

> It can get worst.
> This morning i discover i have some on my stomach.

All p does for many of us, if left untreated is get worse.

> any suggestion or remedy before i meet with a dermatologist, please post it
> here.
>
> thanks
>

> Susan wrote:
>
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > randall wrote:
> >
> > > Was George bit by a bug bug or is it a P thing?
> > >

> > If he has a rickettsial rash, he got it from an arthropod, most likely a
> > tick.

Lets not get to rash around here. We need more facts.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16530481

OTOH George needs medical treatment STAT.

randall... Go Boy George!

> > Susan

george

Fizziwig2

Apr 3, 2006, 11:16:28 AM4/3/06

"george" <as...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Contact Dermatitis unless you are worried about your sex orientation being
something to do with it? That has nothing to do with psoriasis. We all can
get that!
There's a lot of hazards in your line of work.
See
http://hazmap.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/hazmap_generic?tbl=TblJobs&id=27

Change job?

Skeats

si.je...@ntlworld.com

Apr 6, 2006, 4:18:44 PM4/6/06
Hi, I am not a doctor but have recenly found out that I suffer from
acute guttate Psoriasis. From the pictures, and your description, it
appears to resemble characteristics of guttate Psoriasis. I have
lesions exactly the same as your pictures on my arms. Fortunately my
arms are one of the better areas for me. My legs are more or less
entirely covered with lesions (red, rounded 'spots') that dry out
rapidly, itch like crazy, than bleed after a vigorous scratching
session!

What made me respond to your question was reading about your visit to
the GP. I was diagnosed with: Hand, Foot & Mouth, Dermatitis,
SCABIES!!!!! (incorrectly I might add!), Ponphlax?? Foliclitis And even
admitted to Hospital before seeing a dermatologist who instantly
diagnosed Guttate Psoriasis, which was reconfirmed by the fact I
suffered a bought of tonsillitis 1 week prior to my 1st ever flare up.
I am currently awaiting a date for a tonsillectomy, I have been
prescribed emoillents, steroid creams and coal tar shampoo, as I also
have scalp psoriasis. I also receive UV therapy at hospital three
times a week. I must say I haven't noticed much improvement yet, but i
was only diagnosed about three weeks ago(and believe me the scabies
treatment really didn't help!)

Just to put your mind at ease, from the pictures yours seems to be
relatively mild but i would recommend Trimovate (prescription only) for
areas with hair growing, but a cream called doublebase works well for
eleviating the itch on dry areas, but has done little so far for
helping them to disappear. You may find Betnovate RD (again
prescription only) useful to try to help them go away as this is a
topical steroid cream.

I hope I have been of some use. Debbie, age 23.

randall

Apr 6, 2006, 4:36:53 PM4/6/06
Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the group!

The P news group is searchable for your condition.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=guttate+psoriasis&qt_s=Search

So the link wasn't to long I used the search all groups box.
But once you open one or two threads you can see how
the P group search box functions.

Before i forget, let us know if you clear your guttate after the
tonsils are removed.
Or if you settle in with plain old psoriasis vulgaris.

It is possible that once those tonsils, that are the source of the
inflammation (LPS),
are removed that you will clear up.

One can certainly hoPe anyway...

randall...

george

Apr 8, 2006, 8:19:54 AM4/8/06
Hello Debbie,
Thank you very much for your response. It is confronting to read from
someone who had similar situation.
I have seeing 3 different medical doctors from walk-in clinics in the past
month, so far they haven't really put the finger on it. My last exam with
one of them conclude to be "scabies". She prescribe me some cortisone
cream called Topicort...that seems to have little effectness on my skin. I
am not sure but it seems to spread more the rash... i have some small
pimples on my back shoulders and and some on my stomach where there no hair
grow. My family doctor had prescribed me some Betarderm Cream. That only
kind of relief the itching and bring down the reddish color on my
legs....but it still there. Nothing had disappeared since i have tried
those cream...actually its accumulating. I wash my bedding almost twice a
week in hot water with detergent and javex. Also i tried to avoid wearing
sock and pant and shirt the next day.

So far, none of the diagnose by any doctors have conclude with affirmative
what exactly i got. It seem i have 2 types of rashes. What i have on my
hands i have it on my legs and foot, but also have those reddish scabs
after i scratch an area on my legs. Anyway, my appointment with a
dermatologist is not until late this year. So the summer will be quite
embarrassing for me. I am gonna dope myself with vitamin D and E since
they good for y our skin.

Any more suggestion on how to cure this damn rash..pls come forward.

JXStern

Apr 8, 2006, 12:11:46 PM4/8/06
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:19:54 -0400, george <as...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>embarrassing for me. I am gonna dope myself with vitamin D and E since
>they good for y our skin.

Please read up if you're not aware, vitamin D can help, but too much
vitamin D can be very dangerous. E is topically soothing, and pretty
much harmless even in large doses, internal or external.

J.

george

Apr 9, 2006, 9:13:21 AM4/9/06
Hello
Thank you for response.
I'll keep that in mind regarding Vitamin D.
One had suggested me to go to a tanning salon.