faint feeling & sinusitis

Andrea BenBrahim

Apr 20, 2001, 3:54:28 PM4/20/01
I have sinus pains behind my eyes (it's my first infection) and apart
from my headache, eye pain, teeth ache etc, I also feel very faint at
times and shaky. My joints are also aching as is my chest cavity. Are
these symptoms common with sinusitis?

Andrea

Don Brady

Apr 20, 2001, 4:37:57 PM4/20/01

Faint and shaky will occur among some sinus patients, but not so overwhelmongly
as to indicate a definite strong correlation.

NBoles613

Apr 21, 2001, 6:39:09 PM4/21/01
When I had chronic infections I always had faintness and shaking. I also had
vertigo that got so severe at times that I still am afraid to get behind a
wheel and drive for fear of losing control.
The above symptoms were the warning signs that I needed antibiotics
immediately. Sometime they were the only symptoms I had.
A cat scan showed that my sinuses drainage areas were totally blocked and the
cavities full of infection. Its been two years since surgery and the one time
those sypmtoms came back I went straight to the ENT and he verified an
infection. Even though he says the sypmtoms can't be related to my sinus
problems, its my body and I know for a fact these are my symptoms of an
infection. Listen to your body, it knows!

Nadine

Brian S. C.

Apr 23, 2001, 1:16:49 AM4/23/01
Andrea,

Hello. I had fainting sensations and dizziness with my sinus problems
also. I also experienced the shaking in my legs. And, no, you wont find
an ENT anywhere's to admit these symptoms can be from sinusitis. An
allergist, however, does recognize these symptoms. Here is my theory and
what I learned from my allergist.
I believe it stems from Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and that some are
more sensitive to fluid accumulation behind the inner ears then others.
From what i understand, when fluid is allowed to collect there, you can
experience dizziness, off balance feelings, blurry vision (slight).
feeling that foggy headed feeling, and other weird things. I think the
trembling or shaking (especially in the legs) is more the brain getting
mixed signals from the balance mechanisms in the ear, again, secondary
to this fluid buildup. I'm not a doctor these are just my experiences
and things I learned going thru this sinus suffering.

I wish you well. Make sure to have your ears checked and be ona good
antihistamine/decongestant. My doc has me on Allegra-D which helps
somewhat.

Brian

Carolyn S. Roden

Apr 28, 2001, 12:07:40 PM4/28/01
I have these sensations when I have a sinus infection. In addition, my
husband is a good early warning device. He can always smell an extremely
bad odor in my breath when I exhale through my nose.

"Andrea BenBrahim" <ab...@york.ac.uk> wrote in message

NBoles613

Apr 28, 2001, 3:39:13 PM4/28/01
> you can
>experience dizziness, off balance feelings, blurry vision (slight).
>feeling that foggy headed feeling, and other weird things. I think the
>trembling or shaking (especially in the legs) is more the brain getting
>mixed signals from the balance mechanisms in the ear, again, secondary
>to this fluid buildup. I'm not a doctor these are just my experiences
>and things I learned going thru this sinus suffering.

I had all this and more. I'm so gald we have this newsgroup to keep us sane.
Like you said, no doctor, not even my Ent/surgeon who has done nothing else but
specialize in sinus for 40 years and has heard everything, will give credence
to these types of symptoms. He did validate the crawling, tingling, chills I
get in my scalp though. The day after surgery I had to come in and get the
packing partially removed and he still teases me about coming in with a cane. I
used to need to use it often to keep my balance. He just couldn't understand
it.
Nadine

(Pete Cresswell)

Apr 28, 2001, 8:53:33 PM4/28/01
RE/

>I had all this and more. I'm so gald we have this newsgroup to keep us sane.
>Like you said, no doctor, not even my Ent/surgeon who has done nothing else but
>specialize in sinus for 40 years and has heard everything, will give credence
>to these types of symptoms. He did validate the crawling, tingling, chills I
>get in my scalp though. The day after surgery I had to come in and get the
>packing partially removed and he still teases me about coming in with a cane. I
>used to need to use it often to keep my balance. He just couldn't understand

I find doctors in general to be uncomfortable with subjective reports.
They want something they can measure.
-----------------------
Pete Cresswell

NBoles613

Apr 29, 2001, 7:30:58 PM4/29/01
>The good news is the daily irrigation has helped me tremendously -
>sinus problems stalled out my thesis work last year -
>and I am FINALLY GRADUATING NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!

Good for you!! Ten years ago I was on the road towards a graduate degree in
Biochemistry. It was the sinus problems that ended that dream. I was so sick,
so often, I literally could not function. All I could do for a few years was go
to work (barely made it there) and come home and sleep.

When I finally found a ENT who knew what he was talking about (being a clinical
lab scientist I knew when I found the right one)
he told me the surgery was my choice because it was my quality of life on the
line, not his.

I had the surgery and have never regretted the horror of it for a minute since
I recovered.

It took me quite some time to feel confident in my health and trust my body
again after years of illness and then healing. I just accepted a curatorial
position at the Museum of Natural History!!

Another New York City Grrrrl,
Nadine

ENTconsult

Apr 30, 2001, 4:11:34 PM4/30/01
Happy to hear of your success. Be careful of the dust and ??? mold. If there is
much, irrigate as soon as you get home.
Murray Grossan, M.D.
http://www.ent-consult.com
http://www.TinnitusRelief.net

NBoles613

May 5, 2001, 2:15:10 PM5/5/01
>Happy to hear of your success. Be careful of the dust and ??? mold. If there
>is
>much, irrigate as soon as you get home.

Thank you Dr. Grossan! I'm in a new lab that has just been built. We will be
cryo-preserving all the tissue specimens that have been piling up in all the
other labs for years. It will be a collection/library for genome research for
all species. For more info see www.amnh.org and click on the genomic revolution
link.
Nadine

grkl...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2018, 4:52:57 PM2/24/18
Hello Brian. These are my symptoms as well. Chronic synusitis. Cat scan showed blockage. How did you get over your sinusitis?