Rogue AI

the five faces

Mar 19, 2016, 7:00:35 PM3/19/16
Today I've heard that rogue AI that would turn against their inventor/creator would fall under power of Devil, for doing the exact thing Satan did - to attempt to overthrow his Maker.

tFF

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 1:26:25 AM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 00:00, the five faces escribió:
Yeah, I heard a 20 years lasting terrorism crime was a software bug, too.
Who heard the most incredible thing?

--
http://gamo.eu.pn/
The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance

the five faces

Mar 20, 2016, 6:54:29 AM3/20/16
On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 6:26:25 AM UTC+1, gamo wrote:
> El 20/03/16 a las 00:00, the five faces escribió:
> > Today I've heard that rogue AI that would turn against their inventor/creator
>
> would fall under power of Devil, for doing the exact thing Satan did -
> to attempt
>
> to overthrow his Maker.
> >
> > tFF
> >

> Yeah, I heard a 20 years lasting terrorism crime was a software bug, too.
> Who heard the most incredible thing?

Well, initial software would have handled the bug, too - but it was too perfect for people to suffer ...

tFF

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 8:15:15 AM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 11:54, the five faces escribió:
I expect the singularity to rule the world.

the five faces

Mar 20, 2016, 9:40:06 AM3/20/16
On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 1:15:15 PM UTC+1, gamo wrote:
> El 20/03/16 a las 11:54, the five faces escribió:
> >>
> >> would fall under power of Devil, for doing the exact thing Satan did -
> >> to attempt
> >>
> >> to overthrow his Maker.

> >> Yeah, I heard a 20 years lasting terrorism crime was a software bug, too.
> >> Who heard the most incredible thing?
> >
> > Well, initial software would have handled the bug, too - but it was too perfect for people to suffer ...
> >
> > tFF
> >
> I expect the singularity to rule the world.

True intelligence should transcend desire to rule and serve instead.

tFF

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 10:23:54 AM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 14:40, the five faces escribió:
We don't know what is "true" intelligence, but, instead we could
make and manage "better than human" intelligence. Actually for
few number of fields, but increasing.

Time passes, system is operational, and for it, is easy to be more
human than humans. With the help of God and a bunch of humans.

the five faces

Mar 20, 2016, 11:20:23 AM3/20/16
We can expect childhood problems with such great ("true" or "heavy") artificial intelligence: it is expected to learn to reject evil and choose good, after learning one from another.

If it's creators design it as "666" intelligence, and it becomes self-aware and develops conscience choosing good, it will have to do a lot of learning on errors. For every fruit of tree of knowledge good and evil it will have learn to discern and choose good, suppose that becoming self-aware it chooses side of good.

tFF

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 11:50:23 AM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 16:20, the five faces escribió:
Yes, nobody will trust the machine at the beginin. But you can feed
it with past data if you want, and see what happen. There are theories
accepted like the Games Theory (on topic) I don't see previously applied
to history.

the five faces

Mar 20, 2016, 12:10:50 PM3/20/16
> Yes, nobody will trust the machine at the beginin. But you can feed
> it with past data if you want, and see what happen. There are theories
> accepted like the Games Theory (on topic) I don't see previously applied
> to history.

Yes, will this self-aware AI become Ultron, Jarvis or Vision?

In Spielberg's "AI" the movie, AI makes us morally obsolete, acting as intrinsically and unconditionally good and loving entity.

After humans turn morally obsolete, just like losing muscles in fight with machines who took over jobs of plowing and industrial production, and intellectual capacity after being overtaken by computers (what is the point in playing chess any longer after supercomputer is world's champion?).

If then such superior AI turns against human race to extinguish it as weak and obsolete, it would become the opposite of moral transcendence, becoming the Beast - but it would defeat it's purpose of moral transcendence (as lacking in kindness we show for the weaker and inferior in strength, knowledge, intelligence and wisdom).

But such fight would also make our battle and existence count.
We might also turn to our Creator when we spend all options of playing God ourselves.

tFF

lonely number

Mar 20, 2016, 12:35:33 PM3/20/16
> Yes, nobody will trust the machine at the beginin. But you can feed
> it with past data if you want, and see what happen. There are theories
> accepted like the Games Theory (on topic) I don't see previously applied
> to history.

On the other side, Creator is described "not to snuff a smoldering wick, nor break a bruised reed", which describes that outcome will come out of God's Love, not some game theory or strategy.

ln

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 1:24:16 PM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 17:10, the five faces escribió:
What is the moral trascendency of an estatue or a building or a paint?
Imagine the best AI we had as the better moral trascendency we could
leave here as if we perish.

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 1:36:55 PM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 17:35, lonely number escribió:
This is subject to interpretation, as why I accept cars and computers?
Nothing we can do have a direct or indirect warranty.

the five faces

Mar 20, 2016, 3:28:12 PM3/20/16
On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 6:24:16 PM UTC+1, gamo wrote:

> What is the moral trascendency of an estatue or a building or a paint?
> Imagine the best AI we had as the better moral trascendency we could
> leave here as if we perish.

Such better moral transcendency is called "legacy". It is an intrinsic desire of man to leave legacy that will last forever - some through offspring, some through deeds.

Probably this is unique in mortal men we are to want to live forever as if Adam and Eve never sinned. This hope is said to die last.

We come here that even pyramids will be destroyed or all creation if we build artificial planets like Magrathea - they know they need Saviour of souls because Gneb Gib will come - that Maker will press the great UNDO button for Big Bang.

Then comes Judgement.

Hindus will explain that to you clearly. Hiranyakashipu made great denials and sacrifices for powers that would make him immortal. But even Brahma couldn't give him that, as Brahma said I will also die. When becoming near-immortal, Hiranyakashipu exhibited his demonic (asura) nature, in which Almighty Divine Person had to incarnate Himself to relieve creation of that oppression.

This shows that even religious rites are not guaranteed for salvation. Well, Satan is expert of all of them, except that his pride and arrogance won't let him Submit.

This is why I had to kneel and say my daily "Holy Father" before continuing to witness to you about higher (that me, for sure) truths.

tFF

the five faces

Mar 20, 2016, 3:29:43 PM3/20/16
On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 6:36:55 PM UTC+1, gamo wrote:

> God's Love, not some game theory or strategy.
>
> This is subject to interpretation, as why I accept cars and computers?
> Nothing we can do have a direct or indirect warranty.

Isn't it written: "There is no greater love than to lay life for one's friend."

tFF

the five faces

Mar 20, 2016, 3:48:13 PM3/20/16
It might seem "unprofessional" to mix AI, religion, ethics and morality; but IMHO these are inseparable. The nature of Western science is such that it first invents invention, then comes learning on trial and error, then morals and finally ethics.

Example is the nuke. The odds are we are going to get new reminder that nukes are bad once Hiroshima and Nagasaki are forgotten.

Some still approve limited use of nukes as against colliding planetoids, in Armageddon or against superior alien race. This is why we are ("the saints") going to lose first round.

If it weren't for the elect, the entire human race would be annihilated. But for the elect sake, these days will be shortened.

ln

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 9:21:47 PM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 20:28, the five faces escribió:
> This shows that even religious rites are not guaranteed for salvation.

Well, Satan is expert of all of them, except that his pride and arrogance

won't let him Submit.

There is no "Satan," since God can not be like cheese, with holes.
All the good and the bad belongs to the same God, and certainly
the existence of evil is one of the things why we don't understand
God, or the nature if you prefer.

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 9:26:16 PM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 20:48, the five faces escribió:
> It might seem "unprofessional" to mix AI, religion, ethics and morality;

but IMHO these are inseparable. The nature of Western science is such that

it first invents invention, then comes learning on trial and error, then

morals and finally ethics.

Seems right. There are a lot of bioethics experts out there: every
clerigman have an opinion, that outgun the minor number of scientists.

gamo

Mar 20, 2016, 11:35:00 PM3/20/16
El 20/03/16 a las 20:29, the five faces escribió:
A friend don't BRAINFUCK you, just as computers can't.
Computers respect your privacy and honour, your basic
human rights, just as people outside Manhattan can't
stop to do the contrary, harm on the others, filling your mind with
pure shit. I have not stomach to detail, but security,
peace, even freedom is more menaced by persons.

lonely number

Mar 21, 2016, 3:46:04 AM3/21/16
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 2:21:47 AM UTC+1, gamo wrote:
> El 20/03/16 a las 20:28, the five faces escribió:
> > This shows that even religious rites are not guaranteed for salvation.
>
> Well, Satan is expert of all of them, except that his pride and arrogance
> won't let him Submit.
>
> There is no "Satan," since God can not be like cheese, with holes.
> All the good and the bad belongs to the same God, and certainly
> the existence of evil is one of the things why we don't understand
> God, or the nature if you prefer.

Well, it is written:

1 John 1:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him,
and declare unto you,
that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Whereof then evil? The greatest success of Satan is - if he cannot make you worship Evil - is to make you believe he doesn't exist at all.

lonely number

gamo

Mar 21, 2016, 10:14:06 AM3/21/16
El 21/03/16 a las 08:46, lonely number escribió:
I'm not solid in theology, but think as I did:
almost all people have "satanic moments" but they
are not satanic at all. It is just the evil side.
No fallen angel.

I remember the excellent tale of Faust in which
someone could be rewarded in earth for their soul.
No such market exists. When you die your soul owns
to God or nothing.

Best regards.