Off Topic: Protection from Germs?

1 view

Marie Maly

Dec 14, 2003, 12:19:28 PM12/14/03
Reading the thread about the oozing store clerk made me think of all the
things I have seen folks do to protect themselves from germs....

I once worked with a sheriff's deputy who wore rubber gloves under leather
driving gloves for his entire shift.....even in the heat of the summer.
This actually sorta made sense to me.......until I spent a lunch break with
him, and saw that he didn't take off his gloves to eat his burger.

I've known several folks who didn't shake hands with anyone.........no
telling where the hands had been.

A lady I worked with did her best not to use the palm side of her hand or
her finger pads to touch things in public....she pushed elevator buttons
with the middle knuckle of her finger, used her shoulder to push open doors,
and she wouldn't dispose of trash in one of those cans that has the swing
door unless she could get the trash in there without touching the little
door.

A woman I knew years ago soaked all of her dishes in a 10% bleach solution
before putting them in the dishwasher.

Another woman I knew would clean her washing machine tub before and after
each load....same thing with the dryer. Her hangers were wiped clean before
placing clothes on them, and she cleaned the laundry baskets she used before
and after she loaded them with clothes.

I have a sister-in-law who washes her hands before unloading the dishwasher,
and then for extra measure, carefully handles everything as she removes it
so she doesn't touch the surface that folks will put in their mouth on or
that food will touch.

My grandmother washes each and every one of the door knobs, drawer handles
and cabinet door pulls in her house at least once per day....she uses a
seperate paper towel for each one which is then deposited in one of those
plastic grocery bags with handles that she carries with her when she
performs this chore. When she is finished, the bag full of paper towels
goes straight out to the garbage can in the garage.

A friend of mine puts on her sock, then immediately places her foot in the
shoe without resting her foot on the floor so that she won't contaminate the
inside of the shoe.

My brother has several sets of towels....one set for drying his body after
bathing, one set exclusively for drying dishes, another set for wiping up
various spills on the floor, and yet another set exclusively for wiping up
anything truly gross like cat puke. They are stored and washed seperately.
He does the same thing with washclothes and cleaning rags.

A man in front of me at the conveience store reached into the center of the
stack of lids for his coffee explaining that he never gets the top lid,
because someone had probably touched it, or worse, maybe even knocked it in
the floor and put it back

I once attended a party where the host met each guest at the door with a can
of lysol, giving their jackets a quick spray all over before putting them in
the closet........and informed all of us that she does this everytime with
every jacket before it goes into the closet.

I don't hold the rail when using stairs....it all started when my hand ran
through some unknown slimy gross stuff on a rail when I was in my teens.

Marie, Caretaker
Mom T2

Guy

Dec 14, 2003, 1:09:37 PM12/14/03
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:19:28 -0600, "Marie Maly" <mm...@cox.net>
wrote:

>Reading the thread about the oozing store clerk made me think of all the
>things I have seen folks do to protect themselves from germs....

The truth is we live in a sea of critters. Most of them are harmless
or our body had learned to deal with them. In fact a few may be
essential for us to live.

In certain conditions our bodies lose the ability to deal with
certain pathogens. This is pointed out in the case of Aids.

Diabetics seem to have some problems, especially
when we get older. About all we can do is to do
the ordinary things to maintain good health. Like
proper diet, enough sleep, and less stress.

Our vaccines have been very useful .in establishing
immunity to a lot of diseases. The large immune
population lowers the spread of a lot of diseases,
Any problems with these meds are much less than
the many diseases.
they control.

Certain diseases are transmitted only by very close
human contact, Relatively easy to avoid,

The only was to reduce the chances of the flu is to
reduce human contacts. Our schools,churches and
other gatherings is the source of the spread of the
problems.

It is impossible to avoid all risks. Howard Hughes tried..

Marie Maly

Dec 14, 2003, 2:25:45 PM12/14/03

"Guy" <gs...@intertex.net> wrote in message

Hi Guy.

The Oozing Clerk Thread just brought to mind the things people will do to
avoid germs.

Some of those things, like avoiding shaking hands seem to make a bit of
sense.

Other things seem to serve only to give the person peace of mind, like the
hostess who sprayed all the coats with lysol before putting them in the
closet.

On the other hand, for all the things that people do to avoid germs, the
same folks do things that make me wonder how they have survived without
contracting something fatal....

The lady who soaked all her dishes in bleach solution before putting them in
the dishwasher was also known to use the same knife she just cut raw meat
with to peel potatoes....without even rinsing it.

The friend who will not put her socked foot on the floor to avoid
contaminating the inside of her shoe will also employ the "three second
rule" if she drops food she is eating on the same floor.

People are strange.....myself included........I won't put my hands on a
stair rail, but I have been known to drink from the same glass as a friend
or family member.

Marie, Caretaker
Mom T2

Colleen

Dec 14, 2003, 2:39:13 PM12/14/03

"Marie Maly" <mm...@cox.net> wrote in message news:fQ2Db.6552

> Other things seem to serve only to give the person peace of mind, like the
> hostess who sprayed all the coats with lysol before putting them in the
> closet.

First of all, I would be VERY upset if someone did that to my clothing!
Sweetheart came up with the perfect response to that.

"If your closet is so full of germs that you're worried they'll infect our
coats, we better not come in."

> On the other hand, for all the things that people do to avoid germs, the
> same folks do things that make me wonder how they have survived without
> contracting something fatal....
>
> The lady who soaked all her dishes in bleach solution before putting them
in
> the dishwasher was also known to use the same knife she just cut raw meat
> with to peel potatoes....without even rinsing it.

Cutting raw chicken or meat and then using the same knife for other raw
foods is a guarantee that sometime you will end up getting sick. I saw a
butcher at our market de-bone my chicken then grab a bite of his sandwich.
EWWWW!!!

> The friend who will not put her socked foot on the floor to avoid
> contaminating the inside of her shoe will also employ the "three second
> rule" if she drops food she is eating on the same floor.
>
> People are strange.....myself included........I won't put my hands on a
> stair rail, but I have been known to drink from the same glass as a friend
> or family member.

I think one of the grossest things is picking up food from the floor and
then eating it.

> Marie, Caretaker
> Mom T2

Beav

Dec 14, 2003, 3:29:43 PM12/14/03

"Marie Maly" <mm...@cox.net> wrote in message

Your last name wouldn't happen to be Hughes would it? :-))

Beav (who''ll stick his hand AND his tongue anywhere:-))

Guy

Dec 14, 2003, 4:02:46 PM12/14/03

>> I don't hold the rail when using stairs....it all started when my hand
>ran
>> through some unknown slimy gross stuff on a rail when I was in my teens.
>>

>> Marie, Caretaker
>

>Your last name wouldn't happen to be Hughes would it? :-))
>
>Beav (who''ll stick his hand AND his tongue anywhere:-))

Beav, You are fortunate to have a good immunity system.
Some people are not so lucky. I think Howard Hughes was
a smart man and he had a problem. He had some
other problems and over did every thing. Remember
he was the richest man in the world. And in his time he
had everything he wanted (everything).

People have to look at their situation and adjust. But
it does little good to run from "germs". We live with
millions around us. Exposure to certain pathogens with
weakened immune systems can be fatal.
Guy.

Budd Cochran

Dec 14, 2003, 4:23:17 PM12/14/03
Makes you wonder how the Human Species survived for so long . . . . .

--
Budd Cochran

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with
strife and terrorism.
------

Annette

Dec 15, 2003, 1:49:02 AM12/15/03
What a fun thread - something to take my mind off diabetes!

People can range from stupid/fanatic to totally careless when it
comes to germs.

Here's an example of each one.

In a family I knew, the children complained that the hamburgers
their mother made tasted of Pine-O-Clean, ( a surface disinfectant
strongly scented with artificial pine). Yep, she liberally *soaked*
the wooden cutting board with it, plus washing all utensils and
her hands with the undiluted stuff. She might as well have mixed
it through the mince before handling it.

BTW, I just prepare FRESH hamburger mince in a clean glass bowl.
It's good hygenic practise to have 2 separate cutting boards - one
for for meat, chicken and fish, and another for fruit and
vegetables.

Another aquaintance, took her 2 little children to the toddlers pool
at the local baths when they had just come down with german measles
to "cool their fever". Lots of pregnant mum's there with *their*
toddlers.

And *my* pet peeve - kids at the supermarket packing the leaky
packets of raw meat in with the milk, butter and cheese, cold meats
etc. I seem to be "educating" a new one every week. I ask them,
"Do you like blood in your milk?" They "get it".

Keep in mind that children NEED to be exposed to normal, everyday,
non-lethal parthogens at an early age in order to develop a good
immune system. One can be too protective.

Annette

"Marie Maly" <mm...@cox.net> wrote in message

---

Budd Cochran

Dec 15, 2003, 8:26:00 AM12/15/03
My mom used to say that if a kid didn't "eat" a pound of dirt a year they
weren't healthy.

The word "eat" in this case means just letting us kids play as we wanted to
and bathe us when we looked ready to plow for crops.
--
Budd Cochran

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with
strife and terrorism.
------

"Annette" <acia...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Wes Groleau

Dec 15, 2003, 10:10:45 AM12/15/03
Budd Cochran wrote:
> My mom used to say that if a kid didn't "eat" a pound of dirt a year they
> weren't healthy.

In 1971, I spent two weeks in México with 30 other teenagers
and six adults. I was the only one who didn't get sick, and
I found myself wondering whether a laid-back attitude toward
hygeine in our family had given me more resistance.

--
Wes Groleau
When all you have is a perl, everything looks like a string.

Budd Cochran

Dec 15, 2003, 3:29:22 PM12/15/03
Probably.

Even after all my body's been thru, I'm still the last one to catch a cold
or anything in my family.

And all I do is keep my hands washed before meals and after relieving
myself, and take baths regularly ( but not everyday, dries my skin too
much.).
--
Budd Cochran

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with
strife and terrorism.
------

"Wes Groleau" <gro...@freeshell.org> wrote in message

Beav

Dec 15, 2003, 3:51:26 PM12/15/03

> >> I don't hold the rail when using stairs....it all started when my hand
> >ran
> >> through some unknown slimy gross stuff on a rail when I was in my
teens.

> >> Marie, Caretaker
> >

> >Your last name wouldn't happen to be Hughes would it? :-))
> >
> >Beav (who''ll stick his hand AND his tongue anywhere:-))
> >
> Beav, You are fortunate to have a good immunity system.

You're dead right Guy, but thankfully, I know it too.

> Some people are not so lucky.

Some people don't have diabetes, asthma, hiatus hernia, a broken back or a
frozen shoulder either. Now THEY'RE the lucky ones in my book :-)

I think Howard Hughes was
> a smart man and he had a problem.

I think you're onto somethng there :-))))

He had some
> other problems and over did every thing. Remember
> he was the richest man in the world. And in his time he
> had everything he wanted (everything).

He did indeed Guy and I admired his attitude to life. It was a great pity he
was an obsessive compulsive when it came to his health, but maybe the fact
that he had so much was the problem. Having it all leaves one nothing to
stive for except having it forever, and no-one's managed that yet no matter
how many times they wash their hands.

> People have to look at their situation and adjust. But
> it does little good to run from "germs". We live with
> millions around us. Exposure to certain pathogens with
> weakened immune systems can be fatal.

And we weaken our immune system more and more with each shot of an
antibiotic.

Beav

Beav

Dec 15, 2003, 3:57:16 PM12/15/03

"Annette" <acia...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> What a fun thread - something to take my mind off diabetes!
>
> People can range from stupid/fanatic to totally careless when it
> comes to germs.
>
> Here's an example of each one.
>
> In a family I knew, the children complained that the hamburgers
> their mother made tasted of Pine-O-Clean, ( a surface disinfectant
> strongly scented with artificial pine). Yep, she liberally *soaked*
> the wooden cutting board with it, plus washing all utensils and
> her hands with the undiluted stuff. She might as well have mixed
> it through the mince before handling it.
>
> BTW, I just prepare FRESH hamburger mince in a clean glass bowl.

Now I could be wildly off the mark here, but I don't think so. Glass,
plastic, steel or anything OTHER than a plain wooden mixing bowl will
harbour more germs than the plain wooden one. I watched a science programme
on just this subject not so long ago and "apparently" the wooden
cutting/mixing boards kill any germs that are left on them, unlike any of
the others which grow even more.
I don't have ANYTHING other than wooden cutting boards and I only use wooden
sppons inthe preperation and serving of my (and my wife's) food. She suffers
from ulcerative colitis and it's improtant that we don't introduce food bugs
into her guts and so far, we haven't.

> It's good hygenic practise to have 2 separate cutting boards - one
> for for meat, chicken and fish, and another for fruit and
> vegetables.

Yep. And utensils too.

> Another aquaintance, took her 2 little children to the toddlers pool
> at the local baths when they had just come down with german measles
> to "cool their fever". Lots of pregnant mum's there with *their*
> toddlers.

Some people ARE fucking stupid though !!!

> And *my* pet peeve - kids at the supermarket packing the leaky
> packets of raw meat in with the milk, butter and cheese, cold meats
> etc. I seem to be "educating" a new one every week. I ask them,
> "Do you like blood in your milk?" They "get it".

I stay away from supermarkets. Not because of the germs, but becasue they're
hateful places to be in:-)

> Keep in mind that children NEED to be exposed to normal, everyday,
> non-lethal parthogens at an early age in order to develop a good
> immune system. One can be too protective.

Yep, I'd go with that. (*have* in fact)

Beav

URAQT2

Dec 15, 2003, 5:02:11 PM12/15/03

Beav wrote:

> "Guy" <gs...@intertex.net> wrote in message

> > >ran
> teens.

> > >Your last name wouldn't happen to be Hughes would it? :-))
> > >
> > >Beav (who''ll stick his hand AND his tongue anywhere:-))
> > >
> > Beav, You are fortunate to have a good immunity system.
>
> You're dead right Guy, but thankfully, I know it too.

And you are willing to bet your life on it. Amazing!
Uh, do you not have diabetes? Does that not compromise your immune system
according to doctors?

<snip>

> And we weaken our immune system more and more with each shot of an
> antibiotic.

Antibiotics when appropriate are marvelous things. Too bad there are still
doctors that will prescribe them on demand. Our doctor will not.

--
Do not reply to the above email address. The address at the top is fictitious.

Chuck
-ô¿ô-
~
email: Lperr...@mchsi.com
For psoriasis information go to: http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/

Guy

Dec 15, 2003, 5:26:39 PM12/15/03

>> Keep in mind that children NEED to be exposed to normal, everyday,
>> non-lethal parthogens at an early age in order to develop a good
>> immune system. One can be too protective.
>
>Yep, I'd go with that. (*have* in fact)
>

>Beav

A significant item in the discovery of the cause of polio was the
noting of the fact that there was much less polio in the
"backward". countries. That is where sanitation did
not exist. Kids developed immunity early.

People used to expose kids to childhood diseases at a certain
age. Seems that Mumps could be very bad later.

However these disease did kill and generate permanent
problems Measles left some with eye sight problems.

I rarely had colds until I was exposed to gross radiation
and almost 40 years later the problem of catching everything
is still here for me. I must be a poor Howard Hughes.

From what I hear from some Houston people he had a
great life Women, wine and money. Also heard some of
those women may have been part of his later problems.

Guy

URAQT2

Dec 15, 2003, 6:21:39 PM12/15/03

Guy wrote:

Kids deserve to be allowed to get as dirty as they can, just like we did.
People are finding out the hard way just how dangerous it really is to be
too clean.

jacquie

Dec 15, 2003, 6:57:24 PM12/15/03
"However these disease did kill and generate permanent
problems Measles left some with eye sight problems"
German Measle in a Pregnant woman causes more than just eyesight problems in
their fetus...allot of these children were born with brain damage , motor
function problems ,and blindess. I had a friend who's child could only see
shadows...did not learn to walk untill he was 6....he had allot of problems.
Any pregnant woman who intentionatly go around children who have German
measle should be charged with Child Endagerment.

"Guy" <gs...@intertex.net> wrote in message

Guy

Dec 15, 2003, 8:27:05 PM12/15/03

I do not subscribe to any one thing. If we
ever hope to understand we need an open
mind and examine all facts, I do not
think a non sanitary environment is the
answer. Also a super sterile environment
is not the answer. That old common
sense rearing it's head.

Most meds are not 100% safe, But when was
young we went to many funerals for
pneumonia patients. My mother is one
of the few that survived Typhoid Fever.

Today I worry about the approval process
and some incidents. Money grubbers
cannot be trusted, Letting the fox run the
henhouse is not the way. But recent
congressional action show where the
power lies. Those with power will dictate
the terms.

It is so easy to read one article that was
written by a biased or uninformed person
and then close our minds. Then we are
surely wrong.

A civil discussion will finally lead to a balanced
truth As far as our ability to extract the truth
can be. We need all sides of the story.

I am appreciating that old farmer with a fifth
grade education. His answers made sense
then and still do 60 years later.
Guy

Wes Groleau

Dec 16, 2003, 10:46:43 AM12/16/03

For what it's worth, I think "Protection from Germs?"
is less 'off-topic' than the unmarked "Saddam captured'

--
Wes Groleau
"To know what you prefer, instead of humbly saying

URAQT2

Dec 16, 2003, 4:08:22 PM12/16/03

Wes Groleau wrote:

Aw heck, Wes, we are just havin' a little fun over there with that one.
As for the germie thingy, I think most of us try to protect ourselves
from germs and dirt way too much.

Beav

Dec 16, 2003, 5:44:34 PM12/16/03

"URAQT2" <URA...@B4ME.com> wrote in message

> Beav wrote:
>
> > "Guy" <gs...@intertex.net> wrote in message

> > teens.

> > > Beav, You are fortunate to have a good immunity system.
> >
> > You're dead right Guy, but thankfully, I know it too.
>
> And you are willing to bet your life on it. Amazing!

What's so amazing about it? If you wasn't diabetic, would you even THINK
about your BG levels? I've not had flu (REAL flu, not a snotty nose) ever,
and I can count the number of times I've had a cold on the fingers of one
hand, so what's the point in worrying about catching something that I don't
catch?

> Uh, do you not have diabetes?

Amongst other things, but I've never had flu while I've been diabetic

Does that not compromise your immune system
> according to doctors?

"According to the doctors". I see that merely as a catch all phrase they use
to cover their arses.

> <snip>
>
> > And we weaken our immune system more and more with each shot of an
> > antibiotic.
>
> Antibiotics when appropriate are marvelous things.

Antibiotics are used too often and the result has been a vastly reduced
effectiveness. If we keep on using them at the rate we are doing, we'll have
NO defence against anything in the not too distant. I think I'll keep on
doing what I've done all my life and "wait and see".

Too bad there are still
> doctors that will prescribe them on demand. Our doctor will not.

"Some" won't.

Beav

Beav

Dec 16, 2003, 5:47:40 PM12/16/03

"Budd Cochran" <mr-d1...@citlink.net> wrote in message
> Probably.

I'd say more than probably Budd.

> Even after all my body's been thru, I'm still the last one to catch a cold
> or anything in my family.

Me too, except I've NEVER caught anything off anyone as far as I can
remember.

> And all I do is keep my hands washed before meals and after relieving
> myself, and take baths regularly ( but not everyday, dries my skin too
> much.).

I do the shower thing each morning, but I eat more crap than you could
imagine given the state of my hands at times. (Filthy doesn't even come
close:-)

Beav

Beav

Dec 16, 2003, 5:50:52 PM12/16/03

> Wes Groleau wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth, I think "Protection from Germs?"
> > is less 'off-topic' than the unmarked "Saddam captured'
> >
> > --
> > Wes Groleau
> > "To know what you prefer, instead of humbly saying
> > Amen to what the world tells you you should prefer,
> > is to have kept your soul alive."
> > -- Robert Louis Stevenson
>
> Aw heck, Wes, we are just havin' a little fun over there with that one.
> As for the germie thingy, I think most of us try to protect ourselves
> from germs and dirt way too much.

Hang on a minute Chuck!!! Here you are saying most of us try to protect
ourselves from germs way too much, (and which I totally agree with) and yet
you think it's amazing that *I* don't have a flu shot to protect myself from
some germs?

Something akin to a contradiction going on here as I see things.

Beav

Beav

Dec 16, 2003, 5:56:13 PM12/16/03

"Guy" <gs...@intertex.net> wrote in message

> >> Keep in mind that children NEED to be exposed to normal, everyday,
> >> non-lethal parthogens at an early age in order to develop a good
> >> immune system. One can be too protective.
> >
> >Yep, I'd go with that. (*have* in fact)
> >

> >Beav
> >
> A significant item in the discovery of the cause of polio was the
> noting of the fact that there was much less polio in the
> "backward". countries. That is where sanitation did
> not exist. Kids developed immunity early.
>
> People used to expose kids to childhood diseases at a certain
> age. Seems that Mumps could be very bad later.

And it wasn't THAT long ago people did that Guy. That was my dad's way of
doing things, hence me never getting (or indeed needing) any of the
"shooltime shots"

> However these disease did kill and generate permanent
> problems Measles left some with eye sight problems.

Never had measles, but I had mumps when I was a kid.

> I rarely had colds until I was exposed to gross radiation
> and almost 40 years later the problem of catching everything
> is still here for me. I must be a poor Howard Hughes.

LOL:-) You ain't poor Guy, you're still alive and kicking and that's bankful
of wealth on it's own. Even with all the problems. I'd rather be here with
'em than not here without 'em. I bet you think the same thing too.

> From what I hear from some Houston people he had a
> great life Women, wine and money.

Three of the things *I* like too:-) He as also a top flyer with HUGE balls
and on top if that, he had vision. He just blew it at the end:-(

Also heard some of
> those women may have been part of his later problems.

Women are ALWAYS part of a bloke's problems:-))) (Come on ladies, you KNOW
I'm not being serious)

Beav

URAQT2

Dec 16, 2003, 7:26:52 PM12/16/03

Beav wrote:

You would be wrong then. Influenza is caused by a virus, not a bacteria. If we
can immunize ourselves through whatever means that is, as Martha Stewart would
say, a good thing. At the same time I think it is a good thing for kids to be
allowed to get dirty, and it wouldn't hurt for some of these adults that are so
fanatic about germs to get some dirt under their nails once in awhile too.

I have a good friend that now refuses to attend a regular meeting at a small
church because it is held in a room that is part of their child care business
during the day and she is afraid of being exposed.

If we don't expose ourselves to germs, etc. that are not pathogenic, how can we
expect to keep our immunity at as high a level as possible. Sometimes being
exposed to bacteria and virus that are similar to those that cause diseases can
give us an immunity when the real thing comes along.

Annette

Dec 17, 2003, 8:02:24 AM12/17/03

==========

> Chuck
> -ô¿ô-
> ~

The classic case of how infection with cow-pox (non-lethal) gave
immunity to small-pox, was the first medically recognised example
of "innoculation". A lot of deadly diseases are now uncommon due to
that discovery and it's development.

My mother saw many of her little friends die when she was young,
from diptheria, tetanus and whooping cough. When the immunisation
programs were first introduced in Australia, she couldn't get us to
the doctor fast enough to have them done for us kids. I saw many of
my peers as a child die or become crippled from polio.

Now all it takes to protect our children from that horror is a drop
of pink syrup.
A lot of work is being done on the deadly and horrifying
meningococcal disease. They *are* making progress.

Annette
A big supporter of immunisation.

---

Guy

Dec 17, 2003, 2:09:57 PM12/17/03

A very good post. It is so easy to theorize but a different
story if you were around before "vaccinations" were not common.

The benefit/risk for all of our vaccines are great. In the 30.s and
the 40,s there were public health programs that made a hell
of a difference. The list is long and a lot of you would not
be here except your parents escaped the diseases.

It is nice to assume without ever facing the alternatives.
Been there,observed that and it was a lot of grave digging
for young people. And most of the vaccines were from public
health programs, not some board room.
Guy

Wes Groleau

Dec 17, 2003, 10:45:51 PM12/17/03
URAQT2 wrote:
>>For what it's worth, I think "Protection from Germs?"
>>is less 'off-topic' than the unmarked "Saddam captured'
>
> Aw heck, Wes, we are just havin' a little fun over there with that one.

Sure, but we didn't mark it OT, and we did mark this one.
Go figure.

--
Wes Groleau

Is it an on-line compliment to call someone a Net Wit ?

Beav

Dec 18, 2003, 6:48:28 AM12/18/03

"Annette" <acia...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

And there's currently a lot of "discussions" going on about the benefits of
the MMR vaccine. Trouble is, the people who GET the MMR (babies) have no
choice in the matter. What does it matter if a few babies end up autistic?
Apparently, not a lot.

Beav

URAQT2

Dec 18, 2003, 11:37:46 AM12/18/03

Beav wrote:

Percentage?

--
Do not reply to the above email address. The address at the top is fictitious.

Mack

Dec 18, 2003, 7:08:18 PM12/18/03
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:45:51 -0500, Wes Groleau
<gro...@freeshell.org> wrote:

>URAQT2 wrote:
>>>For what it's worth, I think "Protection from Germs?"
>>>is less 'off-topic' than the unmarked "Saddam captured'
>>
>> Aw heck, Wes, we are just havin' a little fun over there with that one.
>
>Sure, but we didn't mark it OT, and we did mark this one.
>Go figure.

isn't the capture of saddam the same as protection from germ/s
"warfare"?

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

URAQT2

Dec 18, 2003, 7:57:13 PM12/18/03

Mack wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:45:51 -0500, Wes Groleau
> <gro...@freeshell.org> wrote:

> >> Aw heck, Wes, we are just havin' a little fun over there with that one.
> >
> >Sure, but we didn't mark it OT, and we did mark this one.
> >Go figure.
>
> isn't the capture of saddam the same as protection from germ/s
> "warfare"?

Might be or that may have been more propaganda to justify the war.

Mack

Dec 18, 2003, 9:03:41 PM12/18/03
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:57:13 GMT, URAQT2 <Lperr...@mchsi.com> wrote:

>Mack wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:45:51 -0500, Wes Groleau
>> <gro...@freeshell.org> wrote:

>> >Sure, but we didn't mark it OT, and we did mark this one.
>> >Go figure.
>>
>> isn't the capture of saddam the same as protection from germ/s
>> "warfare"?
>>

>Might be or that may have been more propaganda to justify the war.

so now you're saying saddam never dropped chemical weapons on iraqis?

dude that is on record world wide.

URAQT2

Dec 18, 2003, 10:57:00 PM12/18/03

Mack wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:57:13 GMT, URAQT2 <Lperr...@mchsi.com> wrote:
>

> >Mack wrote:

> >> isn't the capture of saddam the same as protection from germ/s
> >> "warfare"?
> >>

> >Might be or that may have been more propaganda to justify the war.
>
> so now you're saying saddam never dropped chemical weapons on iraqis?
>
> dude that is on record world wide.

Aha, chemical weapons!
You said germ warfare.
Just as deadly, but different from chemical weapons.
I am saying that he never threatened to use germ warfare weapons or even chemical
weapons on the United States. Furthermore, there has never been any connections
between him and bin Laden proven.

Mack

Dec 18, 2003, 11:27:49 PM12/18/03
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:57:00 GMT, URAQT2 <Lperr...@mchsi.com> wrote:

>Mack wrote:

>> >Might be or that may have been more propaganda to justify the war.
>>
>> so now you're saying saddam never dropped chemical weapons on iraqis?
>>
>> dude that is on record world wide.
>>

>Aha, chemical weapons!
>You said germ warfare.
>Just as deadly, but different from chemical weapons.
>I am saying that he never threatened to use germ warfare weapons or even chemical
>weapons on the United States. Furthermore, there has never been any connections
>between him and bin Laden proven.

so you acknowledge that he did drop chemical weapons on innocent iraqi
men. women and children?

URAQT2

Dec 19, 2003, 9:15:11 AM12/19/03

Mack wrote:

Never said he didn't. What's your point?

Mack

Dec 19, 2003, 12:42:53 PM12/19/03

it's very simple, our liar of a president did the right thing for the
wrong reasons.

Wes Groleau

Dec 19, 2003, 10:41:43 PM12/19/03
Mack wrote:
>>>so you acknowledge that he did drop chemical weapons on innocent iraqi
>>>men. women and children?
>>
>>Never said he didn't. What's your point?
>
> it's very simple, our liar of a president did the right thing for the
> wrong reasons.

:-) Did my suggestion that Saddam was less on-topic
than germs cause us to move him to the tagged thread?
Wouldn't it have been easier to move the tag?
:-)

--
Wes Groleau

A pessimist says the glass is half empty.

An optimist says the glass is half full.

An engineer says somebody made the glass
twice as big as it needed to be.

Beav

Dec 21, 2003, 5:57:52 AM12/21/03

"URAQT2" <URA...@B4ME.com> wrote in message

Whaddya think I am Chuck, your personal search engine? You KNOW about these
discussions, so stop acting the idiot.

Beav

URAQT2

Dec 21, 2003, 11:29:33 AM12/21/03

Beav wrote:

Hey, you are the one that made the claim. I am not your personal researcher.
Besides, what makes you think it's an act? LOL

--
DO NOT REPLY TO EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE AS IT IS FICTIONAL