Famous People with Bipolar Disorder

Rich

Jun 18, 2003, 4:28:31 PM6/18/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
Famous People with Bipolar Disorder

Buzz Aldrin - US astronaut
Ned Beatty - actor
Art Buchwald - writer, humorist
Tim Burton - movie director
Dick Cavett - writer, TV personality
Rosemary Clooney - singer
Francis Ford Coppola - movie director
Ray Davies - musician
Eric Douglas - actor
Patty Duke - actress
Carrie Fisher - actress
Larry Flynt - Hustler magazine publisher
Connie Francis - actress, musician
Linda Hamilton - actress
Abbie Hoffman d. - political activist, writer
Margot Kidder - actress
Otto Klemperer d. - musician, conductor
Vivien Leigh d. - actress
Kevin McDonald - comedian, actor
Kristy McNichol - actress
Burgess Meredith d. - actor
Ilie Nastase - pro tennis player
Charley Pride - musician
Jeannie C. Riley - musician
Axl Rose - musician
Del Shannon d. - musician
David Strickland d. - actor
Gordon Sumner (Sting) - musician
Lili Taylor - actress
Jean-Claude Van Damme - actor
Brian Wilson - musician
Jonathan Winters - comedian, actor
Virginia Woolf d. - writer

Hans Christian Anderson
Honoré de Balzac
Ludwig von Beethoven
Irving Berlin
Hector Berlioz
Anton Brückner
Lord Byron
Winston Churchill
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Rosemary Clooney
Noel Coward
Kurt Cobain
Charles Dickens
Emily Dickinson
Patty Duke (Anna Pearce)
T. S. Eliot
Ralph Waldo Emerson
William Faukner
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Paul Gauguin
Vincent van Gogh
George Gordon
Maxim Gorky
Georg Friedrich Händel
Ernest Hemingway
Margaux Hemingway.. Ernest's granddaughter
Hermann Hesse
Gustav Holst
Victor Hugo
Henrik Ibsen
Charles Ives
Margot Kidder
Gustav Mahler
Michelangelo
Charles Mingus
Edward Munch
Modest Mussorgsky
Charles Parker
Boris Pasternak
Sylvia Plath
Edgar Allan Poe
Cole Porter
Ezra Pound
Sergey Rachmaninoff
Giocchino Rossini
Robert Schumann
Alexander Scriabin
Anne Sexton
Mary Shelly... wrote Frankenstein
Robert Louis Stevenson
Martha Stuart
Gordon Sumner (Sting)
Peter Tchaikovsky
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Dylan Thomas
Leo Tolstoy
Ted Turner
Virginia Woolf
Tennessee Williams

Robert Boorstin, writer, special assistant to Pres. Clinton
Rosemary Clooney, singer
Dick Cavett, writer, media personality
Kitty Dukakis, former First Lady of Massachusetts
Patty Duke (Anna Pearce), actor, writer
Connie Francis, actor, musician
Peter Gabriel, musician
Shecky Greene, comedian
Kristin Hersh, musician (Throwing Muses)
Peter Nolan Lawrence, writer
Bill Lichtenstein, producer (TV & radio)
Kristy McNichols, actor
Kate Millett, writer
Spike Mulligan, comic actor and writer, Patron of the MFD
Murray Pezim
Charley Pride, musician
Axl Rose, musician
John Strugnell, Biblical scholar, Harvard
Ted Turner, entrepreneur, media giant (U.S.)
Jonathon Winters, comedian, actor, writer, artist

Kathy Gallagher

Jun 18, 2003, 11:04:17 PM6/18/03
thanks for the list

KG
"Rich" <Ri...@anon.com> wrote in message

Rich

Jun 19, 2003, 9:52:36 AM6/19/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
I was shocked to see Martha Stuart on the list!

"Kathy Gallagher" <kat...@voyager.net> wrote in message

Rich

Jun 19, 2003, 3:25:36 PM6/19/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
oops.... may be its Stewart!

"Rich" <Ri...@anon.com> wrote in message

Franz Bestuchev

Jun 19, 2003, 5:14:19 PM6/19/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
A disabilities course that I took referred to such people as
"supercrips." It's more a term among the physically handicapped world I
suppose, as I haven't seen it in mental health. Basically don't feel
that because these people were both bipolar and had "x" accomplishments
that your situation isn't different, and that you don't have to
accomplish a damn thing. Taken one step further, one can say that these
people are counterproductive to the disability movement as the norms
will just refer to this kind of list and say, "they did it, you ought to
be able to."

Search for why people hate Jerry Lewis.

Colleen

Jun 19, 2003, 9:37:51 PM6/19/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
I'm waiting for them to come out with the "People Who Deal With This in the
Real World" list. When you figure that over 2 million Americans have this
illness, that list is pretty miniscule.

"Franz Bestuchev" <fbest...@n05p4m.userealsugar.com> wrote in message

Colleen

Jun 20, 2003, 8:38:37 AM6/20/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
I just read this post. The miniscule list I was referring to was the famous
people list, not the real people who deal with this illness. Must have been
late when I wrote it.

OOPSH!

"Colleen" <{oop...@hotmail.com}> wrote in message

> I'm waiting for them to come out with the "People Who Deal With This in
the
> Real World" list. When you figure that over 2 million Americans have this
> illness, that list is pretty miniscule.

<40th repetition of list deleted by moderator>

Val in Boise

Jun 20, 2003, 12:44:05 PM6/20/03
How about Vincent? Wasn't he bipolar?

"Rich" <Ri...@anon.com> wrote in message

Chris Smart III

Jun 20, 2003, 3:19:04 PM6/20/03
"Colleen" <{oop...@hotmail.com}> wrote in message news:<DmadnapAbut...@comcast.com>...

Good that some people get accomplished at an art,or rich,or
famous.My life takes most of the time I have to give.And on & on C

Rich

Jun 24, 2003, 11:23:30 AM6/24/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
I agree that few of us will attain the greatness/fame/etc. of the people on
the list. However, I find it encouraging to know that these people managed,
worked, and had success. Something to shoot for.

"Chris Smart III" <cssma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

RRM...@hotmail.com

Jun 24, 2003, 8:59:11 PM6/24/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
cssma...@yahoo.com (Chris Smart III) wrote in message news:<I6JIa.232$Ef1.30...@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>...

in this country people get famous to get famous.bad musicians,bad actors.RRM

RRM...@hotmail.com

Jun 24, 2003, 9:01:53 PM6/24/03
to alt-support-depress...@moderators.isc.org
and on..and on.....most accomplished people aren't BD.As Harry
Nillson,you don't have to be pointed to have a point.The work stands
or fails on it's merits.RRM