PA family wins lawsuit against CYS, CYF, DHS

Fern5827

May 10, 2004, 11:18:29 AM5/10/04
FWD message:

5/9/04: http://post-gazette.com/pg/04130/312267.stm
Butler County settles suit out of court
Pa.: Butler County commissioners signed off on a $20,000 out-of-court
settlement Wednesday with a Butler woman who claimed the county's children and
youth services agency had wrongly removed her children from her home.
Solicitor Julie Graham said settling the claim is less expensive than
defending the county against it, and it includes no admission of wrongdoing.
She estimated that legal fees and the cost of investigation would amount to
$60,000 to $70,000, with Insurance paying all of that amount except $25,000,
which would come directly from county coffers.
The money goes to Regina Bush, the mother of four children who were removed
from her home for a period of several months, Graham said. Bush filed the suit
in U.S. Federal Court in Pittsburgh in February 2003.
The suit was filed one month after the county settled a similar claim with
a county woman who contended custody of her child was taken away from her
unduly.
The county paid Sherrie Klingensmith $5,000. She said children and youth
services had taken her child "without due process of law" in the summer of
2002.
~~~~~

bobb

May 12, 2004, 9:46:23 AM5/12/04

"Fern5827" <fern...@aol.com> wrote in message

Won't take many more actions like these to seriously impede CPS. When it
comes to money... anything is possible.

bobb

Fern5827

May 12, 2004, 10:17:13 AM5/12/04
Bobb commented:

>Won't take many more actions like these to seriously impede CPS. When it
>comes to money... anything is possible.

There are other active lawsuits in Beaver County and a local attorney is
pursuing the Constitutional issues involved.

Beaver will fall next.

>Subject: Re: PA family wins lawsuit against CYS, CYF, DHS
>From: "bobb" bob...@ix.netcom.com
>Date: 5/12/2004 9:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com

bobb

May 14, 2004, 12:52:38 AM5/14/04

"Fern5827" <fern...@aol.com> wrote in message

Today's Chicago Tribune.... after falsely arrested and being charged with
'molesting' kids in here day-care center 15 years ago... a woman and
received a $750,000 settlement from police (six cops) and the county
prosecutor's office. The original award was 15 million.. but court delays,
appeals, etc. denied justice due. The woman accepted the small amount to
stop the appeals.

Hmmm... seems to me moaning moms have dead-beat dads thrown in jail for not
paying up.

bobb

rpl...@comcast.net

Sep 20, 2016, 1:04:02 PM9/20/16
Do you know who the attorney is in Beaver County that is handling this? We are in need of similar assistance against Beaver County CYS

beccal...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2017, 8:44:28 AM2/18/17
Go people fight the power I had a problem and I no o have a law suit and didn't go forward

nikkian...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2018, 1:47:53 AM11/15/18
who ever was ur attorney please put me in contact asap!!!!!I HoPeless MOM