Star Trek

neral

Aug 16, 2002, 5:31:17 PM8/16/02
Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.

1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 16, 2002, 5:35:10 PM8/16/02

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series
?

Spock

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation
?

Captain Jean Luc Picard

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Kira Nerys

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Seven of Nine

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

T'Pol

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations
?

Tora Ziyal

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Quark

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

Star Trek : First Contact

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

The Romulans

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

I.K.C.Rottarran (Martok's ship)

> --
> neral | ac

Dilligaf

Aug 16, 2002, 5:42:14 PM8/16/02

"neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Harry Mudd

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Deanna Troi

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Deanna Troi - ok i know she was a guest appearence - so I better say Jadzia
Dax for DS9

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

HHHmmm - Kathryn Janeway

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

T'Pol - and no prizes for guessing why.

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

Probably 'The Traveller' or Gary 7

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Scotty - 'I know this ship like the back of my hand' :-)

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

Voyage home - or First Contact - can't really decide.... Mind you I quite
liked The undiscovered country - I don't know :-(

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

Betazoid - women - weddings (But only cute ones - and only for what they
wear at the weddings)

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Klingon VorCha cruiser...... nice

Also the Krennom time ship.

Just gonna add that I think the design of the NX-01 Enterprise was PISS
POOR - too obviously an Akira class ship... And too modern compared to
NCC-1701

> --
> neral | ac

Sorry about the spellings if they are wrong - I like it - but not very good
at the spellings.

Are you gonna do a reply so we can see your anwers?

Dilligaf

---

Larry

Aug 16, 2002, 5:51:48 PM8/16/02

"neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message
> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Spot

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Quark

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Seven of Nine

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

never seen it

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

Dr Severin you herbert.

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Dr Severin

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

The voyage home

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

The Vogons, (whoops wrong series) the Klingons

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

The starship venus (by God you should have seen us)

--
Larry

L'autisme c'est moi

"Space folds, and folded space bends, and bent folded space contracts and
expands unevenly in every way unconcievable except to someone who does not
believe in the laws of mathematics"

neral

Aug 16, 2002, 6:03:09 PM8/16/02
"Dilligaf" <jefferso...@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht

> Are you gonna do a reply so we can see your anwers?

I did a reply, you should be able to see my answers.

--
neral | ac

Dilligaf

Aug 16, 2002, 6:04:56 PM8/16/02

"neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message

Not shown up on here yet :-(

I'll check back later on.

> --
> neral | ac

Tamara Eddy

Aug 16, 2002, 6:11:29 PM8/16/02

neral <m...@neral.net> wrote in message

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock. I've had a crush on him since I was 4.

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Data. I love his wit and sensitivity. I also liked Whoopie Goldberg's
character, Guinan.

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

The doctor, but I can't spell his name.

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

The doctor again. I love his dry sense of humour.

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

The captain, but I've found Scott Bakula attractive for many years.

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

I don't really have one. I guess it would have to be *Mudd* from the
original series. He was very funny.

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Hmm... too many to determine a 'funniest'. It depends on my mood at the
moment.

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

The Wrath of Khan. It makes me cry everytime I watch it.

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

The Vulcans.

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

I never really thought about it. I like the shuttle that brought Spock to
the Enterprise in the first movie.

> --
> neral | ac

Tamara Eddy

Aug 16, 2002, 6:14:43 PM8/16/02

Dilligaf <jefferso...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> [...]
Good choices!

Tamara

neral

Aug 16, 2002, 6:09:18 PM8/16/02

> "neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message
> > "Dilligaf" <jefferso...@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> > > Are you gonna do a reply so we can see your anwers?
> >
> > I did a reply, you should be able to see my answers.
> >

> Not shown up on here yet :-(
>
> I'll check back later on.

ajjr4l$1c9u64$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de

When it not show up by tomorrow, i'll repost.

--
neral | ac

Gareeth

Aug 16, 2002, 6:09:19 PM8/16/02

"neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Data

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

None

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Seven of Nine

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

None

Dilligaf

Aug 16, 2002, 6:23:20 PM8/16/02

"neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message

's ok it's shown up on my router now. :-)

neral

Aug 16, 2002, 6:32:11 PM8/16/02
"Tamara Eddy" <tam...@localnet.com> schreef in bericht

> > 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
>
> The doctor, but I can't spell his name.

Doctor Julian Bashir.

> > 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
>
> The doctor again. I love his dry sense of humour.

EMH - Emergency Medical Hologram.

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 16, 2002, 6:40:33 PM8/16/02

> > 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?
> >

> T'Pol - and no prizes for guessing why.

Perhaps you are refferring to the non-Vulcan appearance of T'Pol ? <VBG>

http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/girl_780.html

The Phantom Lurker

Aug 16, 2002, 6:58:37 PM8/16/02
Neral quizzed thusly:

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Not sure - Dr McCoy often used to make me laugh though.

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

pass

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Jadzia Dax <sigh>

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Belanna Tores - for all the episodes where she got hot & sweaty. <VBG>

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

LOL, you really need me to answer that 1??? :-)

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

pass

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Data - "Take my Worf, please"

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

ST IV: The Voayage Home

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

pass

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Dunno, probably Voyager,

Paula Sharrock

Aug 16, 2002, 7:08:33 PM8/16/02
In message <ajjqtc$1bt972$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, neral
<m...@neral.net> writes

>Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
>are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
>hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.

Well I am not an aspie, but I fancied a go at this, I mean I have lived
with server 'trekkers' in my time (they don't like being called trekkies
LOL!)

>1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock

>2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Hmm, either Worf or Riker I think, probably Worf!

>3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Jaxia (sp?) Dax

>4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Captain Janeway.

>5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

Err, not sure his name, the guy who got pregnant! to be honest though I
can't say I have watched this enough for a real favourite.

>6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

The Q character that pops up all the time.

>7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Hmmm, hard one. I am not sure.

>8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

The search for Spock one - I think it was the third? I remember my
parents taking me to see it at the cinema.

>9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

I don't have one.

>10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Don't have one of those either.

interesting questions Neral. I wonder what others will say

Paula
--
Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power
of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere

Vicky

Aug 16, 2002, 7:59:19 PM8/16/02

neral wrote:

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>
> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Data and Picard

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Quark

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

The Doctor

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

I didn't seem to like this series but it took me awhile to
appreciate "The next Generation and then I loved it and thought it was
the Best of All. So I don't have a Favorite character because I haven't
really watched it this one yet, it may take a few years :)

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

I liked the Betazoid Guy who went crazy and murdered another man
and they locked him up in the brig.
Do you know his name Neral?

I liked Reggie too

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

The Doctor, played by Robert Picardo in the Voyager series

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

I don't have one but I have a least favorite and that was the movie
that had bugs coming on out Chekovs ears, that movie was just too Gross
:)

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

Klingons and Betazoids

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

The next generations ship.

Vicky

Tamara Eddy

Aug 16, 2002, 10:14:46 PM8/16/02

> "Tamara Eddy" <tam...@localnet.com> schreef in bericht
> > > 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
> >
> > The doctor, but I can't spell his name.
>
> Doctor Julian Bashir.

Thank you. I've never seen his name in print before. He's got a great
personality.

> > > 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
> >
> > The doctor again. I love his dry sense of humour.
>
> EMH - Emergency Medical Hologram.

I love these two shows, but only get to see them rarely now that they are on
at really odd hours of the night. :(

Tamara

> --
> neral | ac

Elizabeth

Aug 17, 2002, 1:37:30 AM8/17/02
neral wrote:
> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Data

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

<shrug> Quark? Worf? Dax? Oooooh the Doctor....he's cute. Dunno really.

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Seven of nine.

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

T'Pol

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Data

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

See... Well, the original cast would be IV, but the ng cast is probably
the borg one...er... insurrection.

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

Vulcans

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Bird of Prey

--
-----BEGIN PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
P+++>++++c-->*P6 >?R >++M+>++O++MA+E PU BD++C++D++S++X WP MO PP

neral

Aug 17, 2002, 3:15:47 AM8/17/02

neral | ac
"Vicky" <eye-e...@attbi.com> schreef in bericht

Suzanne

Aug 17, 2002, 3:23:17 AM8/17/02
neral wrote:

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.

Ooh, you almost eliminated the possibility of a response from me. I
don't like being thanked for my cooperation before I have decided
whether or not to cooperate. I am even more strongly averse to being
thanked for my patience when I haven't yet had a chance to be patient
or impatient. For example, I got to work on Monday to discover that
the dozen or so e-mails that I *knew* should have been waiting on the
server (because I sent them) weren't there, and the only e-mail that
was there was from the IT department, with the subject header of
"Thank you for your patience: e-mail problems".

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock. Dr. Leonard McCoy was a very close second.

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Captain Picard and Guinan

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Dr. Julian Bashir, but also liked Odo and Kira Nerys (sp?)

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

I only watched the first episode, because it showed on the same night
that I had graduate school classes from 7-10 p.m.. The semester
started the week after the season started. I wasn't impressed with the
first episode, so I never made an attempt to see the missed episodes.

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

I pretty much stopped having time/interest for watching television
before that series started.

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

I'll have to think about that.

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Odo and Quark. Odo's humor was quite dry.

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

Don't really have a favorite.

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

Don't really have a favorite. Favorite species was tribble, though.

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Don't have one.

Suzanne

neral

Aug 17, 2002, 3:25:43 AM8/17/02

> > 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek
incarnations ?

> I liked the Betazoid Guy who went crazy and murdered another man
> and they locked him up in the brig.
> Do you know his name Neral?

Lon Suder. Neelix and Tuvok always called him Mister Suder. Eventually
he saves the ship from Seska and the Kazon and dies in this action.
Tuvok was his mentor. With Tuvok's exercises he could controle his
anger, which eventually he had to overcome again to regain the ship.

http://www.st-voyager-pictures.fsnet.co.uk/crew_suder.htm

neral

Aug 17, 2002, 4:12:19 AM8/17/02
"Suzanne" <suzanne.rem...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

> Ooh, you almost eliminated the possibility of a response from me. I
> don't like being thanked for my cooperation before I have decided
> whether or not to cooperate. I am even more strongly averse to being
> thanked for my patience when I haven't yet had a chance to be patient
> or impatient. For example, I got to work on Monday to discover that
> the dozen or so e-mails that I *knew* should have been waiting on the
> server (because I sent them) weren't there, and the only e-mail that
> was there was from the IT department, with the subject header of
> "Thank you for your patience: e-mail problems".

I'm sorry Suzanne. It's always difficult when I "want" to thank someone
for something. Tanking someone in advance is probably a misstake,
because in that way I put pressure on people to do something.

This unwritten social rules are very difficult for me. There was a time
I thanked nobody, which was also a misstake. I guess I'm a slow learner.

I have one friend with whom I talked a lot of the time the past year. He
learned me a lot about social behaviour, but till now I never thanked
him in any way, because he has acted as my mentor. I never can figure
out when something is appropriete or not.

Sometimes people really help me out here at ASA with some things, but
how can I show my gratitude towards them ? Perhaps some people hate it
to be tanked. I know I have some trouble with it myself.

--
neral | ac

Suzanne

Aug 17, 2002, 4:23:51 AM8/17/02
neral wrote:

> "Suzanne" <suzanne.rem...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>Ooh, you almost eliminated the possibility of a response from me. I
>>don't like being thanked for my cooperation before I have decided
>>whether or not to cooperate. I am even more strongly averse to being
>>thanked for my patience when I haven't yet had a chance to be patient
>>or impatient. For example, I got to work on Monday to discover that
>>the dozen or so e-mails that I *knew* should have been waiting on the
>>server (because I sent them) weren't there, and the only e-mail that
>>was there was from the IT department, with the subject header of
>>"Thank you for your patience: e-mail problems".
>>

> I'm sorry Suzanne. It's always difficult when I "want" to thank someone
> for something. Tanking someone in advance is probably a misstake,
> because in that way I put pressure on people to do something.

In this case, I didn't feel pressured. This was different from the
situation with the e-mail, where I felt that the purpose of using that
subject line was to prevent complaints. Such complaints were, by the
way, very appropriate. One of the things that we use e-mail for is
customer support. When we can't even receive their e-mails, it makes
it a bit difficult to provide any kind of support. (sorry about the
vent--it's been one of those weeks.)

> This unwritten social rules are very difficult for me. There was a time
> I thanked nobody, which was also a misstake. I guess I'm a slow learner.

I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. My comments were partly in
jest, more at myself than anyone else. I have a bit of a rebellious
streak, and sometimes do exactly the opposite of what somebody seems
to be expecting me to do.

> I have one friend with whom I talked a lot of the time the past year. He
> learned me a lot about social behaviour, but till now I never thanked
> him in any way, because he has acted as my mentor. I never can figure
> out when something is appropriete or not.
>
> Sometimes people really help me out here at ASA with some things, but
> how can I show my gratitude towards them ? Perhaps some people hate it
> to be tanked. I know I have some trouble with it myself.

That is a difficult one. There are a lot of conflicting elements. Some
people are embarrassed by gratitude, but it is considered good manners
to express gratitude. Many people appreciate it when their help is
acknowledged, so it is good to acknowledge their help. It isn't always
easy to know when somebody will appreciate the expression of thanks
and when they will be put off by it.

I don't have trouble with being thanked, if I have done something that
is worthy of thanks. I do, on the other hand, have a lot of trouble
dealing with compliments. I don't know why.

Suzanne

neral

Aug 17, 2002, 4:44:23 AM8/17/02

> That is a difficult one. There are a lot of conflicting elements. Some
> people are embarrassed by gratitude, but it is considered good manners
> to express gratitude. Many people appreciate it when their help is
> acknowledged, so it is good to acknowledge their help. It isn't always
> easy to know when somebody will appreciate the expression of thanks
> and when they will be put off by it.
>
> I don't have trouble with being thanked, if I have done something that
> is worthy of thanks. I do, on the other hand, have a lot of trouble
> dealing with compliments. I don't know why.

Well... I don't gonna thank you for any reason, I don't gonna complement
you for any reason, but I will say for my own selfish reason that I'm
glad you are around here :)

And now I'm gonna shut my mouth ;)

--
neral | ac

David

Aug 17, 2002, 1:13:15 PM8/17/02
In article <ajjqtc$1bt972$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, neral

<m...@neral.net> wrote:
> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know
> there are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway
> - to hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their
> cooperation.

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series
> ?

Uhura

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation
> ?

Beverly Crusher

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Weyoun

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Kes

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

Phlox

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek
> incarnations ?

Morn

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Ishka

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

Generations

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

Cardassians

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Borg cube

--
http://www.dacha.freeuk.com/photo/0y03-0.htm
Whitby Abbey & the Parish Church of St Mary framed by the Whalebone Arch

Ian Sharrock

Aug 17, 2002, 1:36:49 PM8/17/02
In article <ajjqtc$1bt972$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, neral
<m...@neral.net> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying

>Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
>are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
>hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.

A true fan is a "Trekker" :-)

They get rather upset at the description "Trekkies".

>1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Known as TOS :-) Bones!

>2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

TNG and it's DATA

>3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of deep
sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say she
had stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.

>4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Seven of Nine

>5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

I don't have one yet - the series hasn't been on air in the UK for too
long and the characters don't seem to have developed much personality
yet.

>6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

Has to be a mixture of Mr A-Team himself and Q

>7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Barkley (if I'm spelling that right)

>8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

None - the plot lines are so thin they're rubbish.

>9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

Tribbles.

>10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

The Enterprise F in the last TV episode of TNG.

Ian
--
"You're not one of us."
"I don't think I'm one of them, either," said Brutha. "I'm one of

Ian Sharrock

Aug 17, 2002, 1:48:50 PM8/17/02
OK, I'm proving myself to be sad here, but how many of you can actually
*name* episodes from any of the Star Trek series?

I can :-(

A starter for ten - Best of Both Worlds

Ian Sharrock

Aug 17, 2002, 1:46:50 PM8/17/02
In article <ufDUxGdx...@sharrock.org>, Paula Sharrock
<pa...@sharrock.org> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying

>Hmmm, hard one. I am not sure.
>

>>8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?
>>

>The search for Spock one - I think it was the third? I remember my
>parents taking me to see it at the cinema.

Sad to follow-up on my dear lady wife's posting, but the sad moment when
Spock was shot out of the airlock in his photon coffin.... somebody in
the cinema shouted out "Oh Dad, NO".... and the entire place erupted
into laughter. It ruined (or enhanced, depending on your point of view)
the intention of the film maker. I thought it was brilliant, but then
I'm a sad bugger.

Ian
--
"You're not one of us."
"I don't think I'm one of them, either," said Brutha. "I'm one of
mine."

Ian Sharrock

Aug 17, 2002, 1:41:31 PM8/17/02
In article <ulqts52...@corp.supernews.com>, Tamara Eddy
<tam...@localnet.com> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying

>> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
>
>The doctor, but I can't spell his name.

Doctor Who?

Sorry, couldn't resist it :-)

Dilligaf

Aug 17, 2002, 2:59:10 PM8/17/02

"Ian Sharrock" <i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <ajjqtc$1bt972$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, neral
> <m...@neral.net> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying
> >Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> >are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> >hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>
> A true fan is a "Trekker" :-)
>
> They get rather upset at the description "Trekkies".
>

> >1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?
>
> Known as TOS :-) Bones!
>

> >2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?
>
> TNG and it's DATA
>

> >3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
>
> DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of deep
> sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say she
> had stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.

There are? I don't suppose you have a link? - Just curiosity you
understand...

> >4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
>
> Seven of Nine
>

> >5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?
>
> I don't have one yet - the series hasn't been on air in the UK for too
> long and the characters don't seem to have developed much personality
> yet.
>

> >6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?
>
> Has to be a mixture of Mr A-Team himself and Q
>

> >7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?
>
> Barkley (if I'm spelling that right)
>

> >8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?
>
> None - the plot lines are so thin they're rubbish.
>

> >9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?
>
> Tribbles.
>

> >10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?
>
> The Enterprise F in the last TV episode of TNG.
>
> Ian
> --
> "You're not one of us."
> "I don't think I'm one of them, either," said Brutha. "I'm one of
> mine."
> -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Dilligaf

neral

Aug 17, 2002, 3:25:21 PM8/17/02
"Ian Sharrock" <i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> OK, I'm proving myself to be sad here, but how many of you can
actually
> *name* episodes from any of the Star Trek series?
>
> I can :-(
>
> A starter for ten - Best of Both Worlds

Balance of Terror
The Enterprise Incident
Who watches the Watchers ?
The Offspring
First Contact (TNG)
Face of the Enemy
Second Skin
Starship Down
Looking for Par'Mach in all the wrong places
Night
Drone.

A few of my favourites, but perhaps I should name them all, with a few
exceptions not in account.

Tamara Eddy

Aug 17, 2002, 4:47:52 PM8/17/02

> In article <ulqts52...@corp.supernews.com>, Tamara Eddy
> <tam...@localnet.com> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying
> >> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
> >
> >The doctor, but I can't spell his name.
>
> Doctor Who?
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist it :-)

LOL :-)

I think you got the wrong series, there. He wasn't *nearly* as witty. ;-)

Tamara

BradHAWK

Aug 17, 2002, 5:45:57 PM8/17/02
neral wrote:

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>
> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock.

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Data.

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Oto.

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

7/9 and the doctor, then Tuvok.

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

Haven't seen that one yet :o(

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

Christopher Lloyd.

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Data.

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

The one about the whales.

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

The sand crystals.

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Federation: Excelsior, I think (the one that Scotty
Sabotaged) and Defiant. Almost everyone else (besides the
Federation) had cool ships.

BradHAWK

Paula Sharrock

Aug 17, 2002, 6:28:23 PM8/17/02
In message <GpD+8iEx...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk>, Ian Sharrock
<i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> writes

>DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of
>deep sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say
>she had stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.

OK, who is this Paul and are you trying to tell me something Ian ? ;-)

>>4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
>
>Seven of Nine

Why do so many men opt for the pneumatically breasted women on Star Trek
will someone tell me. And no that isn't jealousy as I am hardly flat
chested, especially whilst breast feeding at the moment. Admittedly, I
don't have the flat stomach, but I like to think there is a lot of
corsetry in those uniforms ;-)

>>8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?
>
>None - the plot lines are so thin they're rubbish.

You big fat liar!!! If they are so rubbish why do we end up watching
them when on Sky! LOL

--
Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power
of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere
else very quickly. But if they say "Enter", don't stop to pack.

Dilligaf

Aug 17, 2002, 6:44:44 PM8/17/02

"Paula Sharrock" <pa...@sharrock.org> wrote in message

> In message <GpD+8iEx...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk>, Ian Sharrock
> <i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> writes
> >
> >DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of
> >deep sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say
> >she had stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.
> >

> OK, who is this Paul and are you trying to tell me something Ian ? ;-)
>
> >>4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
> >
> >Seven of Nine
> >

> Why do so many men opt for the pneumatically breasted women on Star Trek
> will someone tell me. And no that isn't jealousy as I am hardly flat
> chested, especially whilst breast feeding at the moment. Admittedly, I
> don't have the flat stomach, but I like to think there is a lot of
> corsetry in those uniforms ;-)

I'm gonna be honest and say I just like big boobs.... Especially when my
wife was breastfeeding :-) As for the uniforms yep - lot's of
'enhancements' going on there - when I went to the Star Trek exhibition in
London they had Deanna Troi's uniform there it was TINY.... I'm surprised
she didn't pop out!!!! even MORE surprised that she could actually breath

> >>8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?
> >
> >None - the plot lines are so thin they're rubbish.
> >

> You big fat liar!!! If they are so rubbish why do we end up watching
> them when on Sky! LOL
>

> --
> Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power
> of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere
> else very quickly. But if they say "Enter", don't stop to pack.
> -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Dilligaf

Vicky

Aug 17, 2002, 8:38:10 PM8/17/02

Thanks Neral! I looked and looked in the archives of a web site on
Star Trek and couldn't find it myself.

Vicky

Alun Jones

Aug 17, 2002, 9:54:20 PM8/17/02
wrote:
>1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Scotty.

>2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Barclay.

>3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Dax.

>4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Seven of Nine (and half a dozen of the other)

>5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

DirecTV in Austin doesn't carry it - I haven't seen Enterprise at all.

>6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

Q.

>7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

Kirk.

>8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

Generations.

>9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

The frog.

>10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Borg Cubes.

Alun.
~~~~

The Phantom Lurker

Aug 18, 2002, 6:31:28 AM8/18/02
<Ian S>

DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of deep
sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say she had
stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.
</Ian S>

They were spots [as in like a leopard, not zits :-) ], not stripes, & you
may like to know she's also in Becker on Paramount Comedy Channel @ 9.30pm
on weekdays.

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 6:38:49 AM8/18/02

neral wrote:

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Spock.

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Data.

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Quark.

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

Paris.

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

Hoshi.

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

Q.

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?
>

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

Star Trek IV with the whales and the nuclear wessel.

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

The Ferengi.

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 6:48:14 AM8/18/02

neral wrote:

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

Braxton's timeship.

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 6:51:34 AM8/18/02
"The Phantom Lurker" <the_phant...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

And her name is Terry Farrell :)

http://www.realm-o-tigger.com/tbwc/terry/

--
neral | ac

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 6:57:10 AM8/18/02
Likely Aspie character: Barclay, the shyest engineer in Star Fleet. When first
seen, he escapes his social anxieties by playing in the Holodeck with holo
versions of the crew.

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 7:02:11 AM8/18/02
Tim, no offence, but why do you always conclude bit.listserv.autism to
original posts of alt.support.autism ?
--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 7:05:45 AM8/18/02
"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> schreef in bericht

> > I'm sorry Suzanne. It's always difficult when I "want" to thank
someone
> > for something. Tanking someone in advance is probably a misstake,
> > because in that way I put pressure on people to do something.
>
> It's never a good idea to "Tank" someone!:)

Tim, I hope you will not make everytime a joke about my language errors
:(
--
neral | ac

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 7:26:45 AM8/18/02

neral wrote:

> Tim, no offence, but why do you always conclude bit.listserv.autism to
> original posts of alt.support.autism ?

I figured that Aspies and Autistics on bit.listserv.autism might want to
answer your Star Trek questions too.

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 7:44:51 AM8/18/02

> I figured that Aspies and Autistics on bit.listserv.autism might want
> answer your Star Trek questions too.

But most autistics are aware of the other newsgroup. Everytime I go to
bit.listserv.autism I read things that I already read in
alt.support.autism.

--
neral | ac

The Phantom Lurker

Aug 18, 2002, 8:09:28 AM8/18/02
<neral>

>3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
</neral>

<Alun Jones>
Dax.
</Alun Jones>

Jadzia [Terry Farrel], or Ezri [Nicole deBoer]?

additional nerdy info: Nicole deBoer also starred in Deepwater Black,
alongside Gordon Woolvett, who's now a regular member of the cast of
Andromeda as Shamus Harper.

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 8:25:22 AM8/18/02

> <neral>
> >3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
> </neral>
>
> <Alun Jones>
> Dax.
> </Alun Jones>
>
> <The Phantom Lurker>

> Jadzia [Terry Farrel], or Ezri [Nicole deBoer]?
>
> additional nerdy info: Nicole deBoer also starred in Deepwater Black,
> alongside Gordon Woolvett, who's now a regular member of the cast of
> Andromeda as Shamus Harper.
> </The Phantom Lurker>

More additional nerdy info : Deepwater Black was retitled in the US as
Mission Genesis.

--
neral | ac

growi...@hotmail.com

Aug 18, 2002, 9:35:01 AM8/18/02
In alt.support.autism Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> Star Trek IV with the whales and the nuclear wessel.

Interesting trivia... The scene when Chekov was asking about for
directions to the nuclear wessel was unscripted. That was a real SF
cop, and real people walking down the street.

--
Joel

Ian Sharrock

Aug 18, 2002, 8:46:58 AM8/18/02
In article <ultdbb3...@corp.supernews.com>, Tamara Eddy
<tam...@localnet.com> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying

>Ian Sharrock <i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <ulqts52...@corp.supernews.com>, Tamara Eddy
>> <tam...@localnet.com> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying
>> >
>> >The doctor, but I can't spell his name.
>>
>> Doctor Who?
>>
>> Sorry, couldn't resist it :-)
>>
>LOL :-)
>
>I think you got the wrong series, there. He wasn't *nearly* as witty. ;-)

listen to "Dead Ringers" on the BBC Radio 4 website - or if you're able
on Friday evening at 6:30PM or Saturday at 12:30 and you may well change
your mind!

Ian Sharrock

Aug 18, 2002, 8:49:44 AM8/18/02
In article <GMOulZBH4sX9Qwc$@sharrock.org>, Paula Sharrock
<pa...@sharrock.org> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying
>In message <GpD+8iEx...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk>, Ian Sharrock
><i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>>
>>DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of
>>deep sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say
>>she had stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.
>>

>OK, who is this Paul and are you trying to tell me something Ian ? ;-)

A simple tryping mustike.

--
"You're not one of us."
"I don't think I'm one of them, either," said Brutha. "I'm one of
mine."

Elizabeth

Aug 18, 2002, 12:05:49 PM8/18/02
Ian Sharrock wrote:
> In article <ufDUxGdx...@sharrock.org>, Paula Sharrock
> <pa...@sharrock.org> enlightened alt.support.autism by saying
>
>> Hmmm, hard one. I am not sure.
>>

>>> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?
>>>

>> The search for Spock one - I think it was the third? I remember my
>> parents taking me to see it at the cinema.
>

> Sad to follow-up on my dear lady wife's posting, but the sad moment when
> Spock was shot out of the airlock in his photon coffin.... somebody in
> the cinema shouted out "Oh Dad, NO".... and the entire place erupted
> into laughter. It ruined (or enhanced, depending on your point of view)
> the intention of the film maker. I thought it was brilliant, but then
> I'm a sad bugger.
>
> Ian

I don't get it. Was it a child? An adult? Why the laughter?
Maybe it's too early in the morning.
<Whoosh> the sound of the joke going right over my head. <sigh>

--
-----BEGIN PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
P+++>++++c-->*P6 >?R >++M+>++O++MA+E PU BD++C++D++S++X WP MO PP
n+CO?PO-o+G+A-OLC+OLCC+OLJ+OLP--OLR--OL CO--OLS--OLL--OLA--Ee
Ev-Eon+Eot!Eob Eoa!uL++>+++uB!uS!uH!uo!w---m!osA!osBE!
------END PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK------
elizabeth at psy dox dot com

Elizabeth

Aug 18, 2002, 12:11:20 PM8/18/02
neral wrote:
> "Vicky" <eye-e...@attbi.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>>6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek
>>
> incarnations ?
>
>> I liked the Betazoid Guy who went crazy and murdered another man
>>and they locked him up in the brig.
>> Do you know his name Neral?
>

> Lon Suder. Neelix and Tuvok always called him Mister Suder. Eventually
> he saves the ship from Seska and the Kazon and dies in this action.
> Tuvok was his mentor. With Tuvok's exercises he could controle his
> anger, which eventually he had to overcome again to regain the ship.
>
> http://www.st-voyager-pictures.fsnet.co.uk/crew_suder.htm

I saw the episode where he dies, but didn't see the episode about what
he'd done so some of the nuances were lost....unfortunately.

I love that actor though...first saw him in Dune... well that I
remember distinctly at any rate.

Tamara Eddy

Aug 18, 2002, 12:34:46 PM8/18/02

Paula Sharrock <pa...@sharrock.org> wrote in message
> In message <GpD+8iEx...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk>, Ian Sharrock
> <i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> writes
> >
> >DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of
> >deep sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say
> >she had stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.
> >

> OK, who is this Paul and are you trying to tell me something Ian ? ;-)
>
> >>4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
> >
> >Seven of Nine
> >

> Why do so many men opt for the pneumatically breasted women on Star Trek
> will someone tell me. And no that isn't jealousy as I am hardly flat
> chested, especially whilst breast feeding at the moment. Admittedly, I
> don't have the flat stomach, but I like to think there is a lot of
> corsetry in those uniforms ;-)
>
> >>8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?
> >
> >None - the plot lines are so thin they're rubbish.
> >

> You big fat liar!!! If they are so rubbish why do we end up watching
> them when on Sky! LOL

To quote my students, Ian....."Caught!!" :-)

Tamara

Elizabeth

Aug 18, 2002, 12:17:45 PM8/18/02
Ian Sharrock wrote:
> OK, I'm proving myself to be sad here, but how many of you can actually
> *name* episodes from any of the Star Trek series?
>
> I can :-(
>
> A starter for ten - Best of Both Worlds
>
> Ian

Wasn't that a final episode er.... season finale. The borg one?
No..... grrrrr..... now I have to look that up. I had that one on
tape for a while. Oh yeah.... TNG....duh.... forgot to say *which*
season finale. hehe.

Hey! I was right! :) Season 3 finale... about the borg and Picard
becomes one. WooHoo!

oh... that means I'm a big nerd, right? <shrug> eh hell, I'm from a
family of nerds and trek fans, what can I say.

Elizabeth

Aug 18, 2002, 12:27:04 PM8/18/02
Suzanne wrote:

> I don't have trouble with being thanked, if I have done something that
> is worthy of thanks. I do, on the other hand, have a lot of trouble
> dealing with compliments. I don't know why.
>
> Suzanne

Self-worth issues. I do it to. Because, with help, I'm beginning to
raise the value of my self-worth, I'm better able to except praise.

Then again, my exceptence seems to be that of a small child. Proud of my
accomplishments.... all of them . Ah well.... maybe some day I'll
have the exceptance of an adult.....whatever that is. :)

I guess it has to do with not really having someone who no matter what
my accomplishment is will excitedly respond back with a "That's good"
and a hug or something. Well....not the hug, but something like that.
No bored sounding voices.....does such a person exist?

Elizabeth

Aug 18, 2002, 12:35:42 PM8/18/02
Paula Sharrock wrote:
> In message <GpD+8iEx...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk>, Ian Sharrock
> <i...@isharrock.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>

>> DS9 - has to be.... well I'm not going to say as she's an object of
>> deep sexual desire and Paul will quite rightly hit me. Let's just say
>> she had stripes and there are semi-naked pictures of her out on the net.
>>

> OK, who is this Paul and are you trying to tell me something Ian ? ;-)
>
>>> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
>>

>> Seven of Nine
>>

> Why do so many men opt for the pneumatically breasted women on Star Trek
> will someone tell me.

Jerry Ryan had a two year old at the time she joined the show. And
there's probably some stuffing. Anyway, she's a good actress having
done theatre and other things. I liked the mixture of beauty and cold
machine mind.

Maybe, some men actually see that and enjoy her character that way.

And her big boobs.

A non-ditsy blonde is refreshing.

> And no that isn't jealousy as I am hardly flat
> chested, especially whilst breast feeding at the moment. Admittedly, I
> don't have the flat stomach, but I like to think there is a lot of
> corsetry in those uniforms ;-)

Yeah...for Riker...hehe. Personally, I don't care either way, he's
still cute.

Elizabeth

Aug 18, 2002, 12:38:16 PM8/18/02
neral wrote:
> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.

I propose an 11 question as a way to bring it a little back On Topic.

11. Are you on the autism spectrum?

Dilligaf

Aug 18, 2002, 1:03:17 PM8/18/02

"Elizabeth" <eliz...@see.sig> wrote in message

> neral wrote:
> > Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> > are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> > hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
> >

> I propose an 11 question as a way to bring it a little back On Topic.
>
> 11. Are you on the autism spectrum?

I don't know if I am or not

> --
> -----BEGIN PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
> P+++>++++c-->*P6 >?R >++M+>++O++MA+E PU BD++C++D++S++X WP MO PP
> n+CO?PO-o+G+A-OLC+OLCC+OLJ+OLP--OLR--OL CO--OLS--OLL--OLA--Ee
> Ev-Eon+Eot!Eob Eoa!uL++>+++uB!uS!uH!uo!w---m!osA!osBE!
> ------END PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK------
> elizabeth at psy dox dot com

Dilligaf

Tamara Eddy

Aug 18, 2002, 1:24:31 PM8/18/02

The Phantom Lurker <the_phant...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

She was also in one of the 'Hellraiser' movies (one of the later ones. #3,
I think).

Tamara

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 1:55:37 PM8/18/02
"Elizabeth" <eliz...@see.sig> schreef in bericht

> neral wrote:
> > Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know
there
> > are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> > hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their
cooperation.

> I propose an 11 question as a way to bring it a little back On Topic.
>
> 11. Are you on the autism spectrum?

My psychologist says yes.
My psychiatrist who I visited last year says yes.
But I don't know what the diagnose commosion will decide in three weeks
times. It worries me. When I should not turn out autistic, then I have a
severe personality problem - not worth living anymore. Sorry to be so
blunt.

--
neral | ac

Ian Sharrock

Aug 18, 2002, 5:40:25 PM8/18/02
In article <3D5FC5DD...@see.sig>, Elizabeth <eliz...@see.sig>
enlightened alt.support.autism by saying

>Ian Sharrock wrote:
>> Sad to follow-up on my dear lady wife's posting, but the sad moment
>>when Spock was shot out of the airlock in his photon coffin....
>>somebody in the cinema shouted out "Oh Dad, NO".... and the entire
>>place erupted into laughter. It ruined (or enhanced, depending on
>>your point of view) the intention of the film maker. I thought it
>>was brilliant, but then I'm a sad bugger.
>> Ian
>
>I don't get it. Was it a child? An adult? Why the laughter?
>Maybe it's too early in the morning.
><Whoosh> the sound of the joke going right over my head. <sigh>

It was a child - no more than a teenager. The laughter was because it
was only a film and the particular scene was *very* badly written.

Ian

Ian Sharrock

Aug 18, 2002, 5:49:10 PM8/18/02
In article <3D5FC8A9...@see.sig>, Elizabeth <eliz...@see.sig>
enlightened alt.support.autism by saying

>Ian Sharrock wrote:
>> OK, I'm proving myself to be sad here, but how many of you can
>>actually *name* episodes from any of the Star Trek series?
>> I can :-(
>> A starter for ten - Best of Both Worlds
>> Ian
>
>Wasn't that a final episode er.... season finale. The borg one?
>No..... grrrrr..... now I have to look that up. I had that one on
>tape for a while. Oh yeah.... TNG....duh.... forgot to say *which*
>season finale. hehe.
>

>Hey! I was right! :) Season 3 finale... about the borg and Picard
>becomes one. WooHoo!

Yes - most of the fleet gets toasted by the borg, before Picard puts
them to sleep just before Earth gets destroyed and the cube is....
maybe I better not give away *all* the plot :-)

(I'm not going to use Picard's borg name here as it will confuse too
many people)!

>oh... that means I'm a big nerd, right? <shrug> eh hell, I'm from a
>family of nerds and trek fans, what can I say.

OK, who's up for Data's Head turning up in the past....? Riker turning
into a Q? A certain young gentleman turning into a miniature God and
leaving his medic mother....

What have I started here :-)

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 7:30:32 PM8/18/02

> (I'm not going to use Picard's borg name here as it will confuse too
> many people)!

Locutus of Borg.

> >oh... that means I'm a big nerd, right? <shrug> eh hell, I'm from a
> >family of nerds and trek fans, what can I say.
> >
> OK, who's up for Data's Head turning up in the past....?

Time's Arrow, Part two
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/episodes/227.html

>Riker turning into a Q?

Hide & Q
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/episodes/111.html

>A certain young gentleman turning into a miniature God and leaving his
medic mother....

Journey's End
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/episodes/272.html

> What have I started here :-)

A little Star Trek : The Next Generation history ;-)

--
neral | ac

Paula Sharrock

Aug 18, 2002, 7:44:14 PM8/18/02
In message <3D5FCCDE...@see.sig>, Elizabeth <eliz...@see.sig>
writes

>> Why do so many men opt for the pneumatically breasted women on Star
>>Trek will someone tell me.
>
>Jerry Ryan had a two year old at the time she joined the show. And
>there's probably some stuffing. Anyway, she's a good actress having
>done theatre and other things. I liked the mixture of beauty and cold
>machine mind.
>
>Maybe, some men actually see that and enjoy her character that way.
>
>And her big boobs.
>
>A non-ditsy blonde is refreshing.

Agreed, why all blondes seem to be portrayed as air heads and or
sensitive types is very annoying.

If I am right Jeri Ryan has several children (someone probably knows out
there!) but if anyone has seen her in Dark Skies know that she is quite
curvy anyway.

>> And no that isn't jealousy as I am hardly flat chested, especially
>>whilst breast feeding at the moment. Admittedly, I don't have the
>>flat stomach, but I like to think there is a lot of corsetry in those
>>uniforms ;-)
>
>Yeah...for Riker...hehe. Personally, I don't care either way, he's
>still cute.

ROFLMAO!!! Yep he has 'swelled' a little bit so to speak hasn't he and
keep pulling that uniform down fools no one;-) And yes I think he is
cut too - in fact watching some of the older episodes on Sky he does
look better despite the extra weight. Anyway, he still didn't put on as
much weight as Ian did in the same period of time ;-)

Paula
--
Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power
of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere
else very quickly. But if they say "Enter", don't stop to pack.

natureloverchris

Aug 18, 2002, 8:17:57 PM8/18/02
"neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message news:<ajjqtc$1bt972$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>...

> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>

> 1. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Original Series ?

Ummm... Spock, or Dr McCoy. I guess Spock

> 2. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : The Next Generation ?

Data

> 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?

Dr. Bashir. Guess why ;-) I also like Gainan

> 4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?

No strong favorites. The Doctor I guess.

> 5. Who is your favourite character of Enterprise ?

Never seen it.

> 6. Who is your favourite Guest character of all Star Trek incarnations ?

Tribbles. Do they count. How about when Scotty visited the Next
Generation.

> 7. Who is your funniest character in Star Trek of all time ?

I always like the interplay between Bones and Spock. My favorite funny
scene of all time is why DeAnna Troi is married to Worf, but he
doesn't know it.

> 8. What is your favourite Star Trek Movie ?

The one with the whales.

> 9. What is your favourite Alien Star Trek Race ?

Tribbles

> 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?

The Klingon ship. Was it called a bird of prey?

Chris

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 8:35:22 PM8/18/02
To all Buffy and Angel fans on these newsgroups:

1. Who is your favorite character of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

2. Who is your favorite character of Angel?

3. Who is your favorite Guest character of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
Who is your favorite Guest character of Angel?

4. Who is your funniest character in Buffy? Who is your funniest
character of Angel?

5. Who is your favorite villain?

6. What is your favorite demon race?

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 8:37:55 PM8/18/02
This afternoon, I dreamed that I saw Molly sleeping and drowning in a
puddle of water in a sink, so I unplugged the drain. Molly went down
the drain, so I had to pull her back up, reaching into a green fluid.

A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I and only I could see Molly as she
rubbed against my Mom, walked all over, and walked through a wall.

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 8:39:48 PM8/18/02
This afternoon, I dreamed that I was crying over the victims of
September 11. How shall we mark the anniversary?

Do any of you have birthdays of anniversaries on September 11? If so,
will you celebrate?

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 8:41:00 PM8/18/02
Tomorrow is my brother Ben's 40th birthday. We plan to go over to his
house at 5 to celebrate.

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2002, 8:46:47 PM8/18/02

growi...@hotmail.com wrote:

What did the cop and the people think of the cameras?

Alun Jones

Aug 18, 2002, 9:52:50 PM8/18/02
In article <ajo19q$1cican$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, "neral" <m...@neral.net>
wrote:
>"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> schreef in bericht
>> I figured that Aspies and Autistics on bit.listserv.autism might want
>> answer your Star Trek questions too.
>
>But most autistics are aware of the other newsgroup. Everytime I go to
>bit.listserv.autism I read things that I already read in
>alt.support.autism.

Not just aware of, but active in - has anyone responded to your crossposts to
bit.listserv.autism who hasn't also posted in alt.support.autism, Tim?

Alun.
~~~~

Texas Imperial Software | Try WFTPD, the Windows FTP Server. Find us at
1602 Harvest Moon Place | http://www.wftpd.com or email al...@texis.com
Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | VISA/MC accepted. NT-based sites, be sure to
Fax/Voice +1(512)258-9858 | read details of WFTPD Pro for XP/2000/NT.

Gareeth

Aug 18, 2002, 9:59:09 PM8/18/02

> My psychologist says yes.
> My psychiatrist who I visited last year says yes.
> But I don't know what the diagnose commosion will decide in three weeks
> times. It worries me. When I should not turn out autistic, then I have a
> severe personality problem - not worth living anymore. Sorry to be so
> blunt.

Neral you are autistic no matter what the commision decides. You know
yourself best. You sign yourself ac. That won't change no matter what they
say.

Gareeth

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 11:01:04 PM8/18/02
"Gareeth" <Gar...@nothotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Neral you are autistic no matter what the commision decides. You know
> yourself best. You sign yourself ac. That won't change no matter what
they
> say.

Thanks Joel and Gareeth. I just have "cold feet" , is that the right
expression ? I know I'm autistic, but stranger things has happen. This
diagnose is very important to me cos they are the representatives of
society, who will decide if I am autistic or just have a nasty
personality.

It will blow over. (another expression)

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 11:05:53 PM8/18/02
I'm sorry, I have never seen Buffy.
--
neral | ac

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> schreef in bericht

neral

Aug 18, 2002, 11:04:57 PM8/18/02
"natureloverchris" <naturelo...@aol.com> schreef in bericht

> > 3. Who is you favourite character of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine ?
> >
> Dr. Bashir. Guess why ;-)

Why am I not surprised. He still autistic, you know ;-)

> > 10. What is your favourite Star Trek ship - Starfleet or Alien ?
>
> The Klingon ship. Was it called a bird of prey?

Romulans have also Bird of Preys. Martok ship is called "The Rottarran"

--
neral | ac

dickinson

Aug 18, 2002, 11:28:04 PM8/18/02
>You also do not seem to have a nasty
> personality - you seem quite considerate of others

And this can't be emphasised enough, Neral. You may be looking for
explanations as to why certain things have happened/are happening, or have
"gone wrong" in your life, or why you feel a certain way about certain
things, but whatever the reason, it is certainly not because you have a
"nasty personality".

No matter what the dx.....you will still be the courteous, caring Neral we
have all come to know here.

kev.........now playing The ISB - Weather The Storm

<growi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> neral <m...@neral.net> wrote:
> > Thanks Joel and Gareeth. I just have "cold feet" , is that the right
> > expression ? I know I'm autistic, but stranger things has happen. This
> > diagnose is very important to me cos they are the representatives of
> > society, who will decide if I am autistic or just have a nasty
> > personality.
> > It will blow over. (another expression)
>

> I know it is a cliche, but don't worry too much about what they will
> say, it isn't logical (and we are cousins of Vulcans!).
>
> But I understand the nervousness that you are talking about here.
> It isn't about being autistic or having a nasty personality, though,
> as there are a few other possibilities (although I still think you
> are autistic) that are neither. You also do not seem to have a nasty
> personality - you seem quite considerate of others and are someone
> that I enjoy "talking" with. So you don't need to worry about that
> one, either.
>
> I hope that you can rest and relax at least a little bit before then.
> I'll also wish you good luck! :) Most likely, you'll be glad you
> did all of this to make sure in your own mind that you are what you
> know you are.
>
> --
> Joel

Alun Jones

Aug 18, 2002, 11:46:12 PM8/18/02
In article <3D603E54...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>, Tim Bruening
<tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>This afternoon, I dreamed that I was crying over the victims of
>September 11. How shall we mark the anniversary?

I'll be unpacking my suitcase, having flown from England to America the day
before. Honestly, some people have no sense of tact when planning family
occasions!

Alun Jones

Aug 18, 2002, 11:46:15 PM8/18/02
In article <ajon10$1cr9p1$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, "neral" <m...@neral.net>
wrote:

>My psychologist says yes.
>My psychiatrist who I visited last year says yes.
>But I don't know what the diagnose commosion will decide in three weeks
>times. It worries me. When I should not turn out autistic, then I have a
>severe personality problem - not worth living anymore. Sorry to be so
>blunt.

Oh dear, neral, haven't you learned anything? The professionals divide
solidly into two camps:
1. Those that have a clue how little they know, and
2. Those that have no clue.

Those in camp 1 will be quite happy to tell you that a neurological diagnosis
is never final, that a yes may become a no or vice versa, depending on the
test, the guidelines, and occasionally the phase of the moon or time of day.
They'll also remind you that autism is a spectrum, and that out beyond the
reaches of "diagnosed autistic" there are plenty of "quirky" or "eccentric"
individuals who display many autie traits, but are not sufficiently detectable
as to diagnose. They'll agree that a diagnosis of "non-autistic" may even
mean "autistic, but coping so well with the world that you'd never notice".
And hey, that's an even better diagnosis still!

Those in camp 2 will simply tell you a yes or no answer, and say that it's
final, as if they are arbiters in the cosmic game. Avoid these people.
Autism diagnosis is a developing field - the pigeon-holes the professionals
are trying to put you into are moving targets.

No matter what your diagnosis states (not "reveals", but "states", perhaps
even "claims"), you are you, and you have not changed significantly from the
day before your diagnosis. Your underpants maybe, but not you. All a
diagnosis can be is a label - a description of the contents and how to handle
them. That label can be wrong, as you'll know if you ever open various paint
jars in my garage :-)

Live for who you are, not what someone else tells you that you are. The only
point to a diagnosis is to justify to others your need for assistance. Noone
knows who you are - not even you - and that self-discovery that we all call
"life" is important enough to continue.

Remember, ten years ago, many of us that are proudly declaring ourselves to be
on the autistic spectrum would have been laughed out of every medical
establishment on the planet.

Alun.
~~~~

Alun Jones

Aug 18, 2002, 11:46:14 PM8/18/02
<pa...@sharrock.org> wrote:
>>>4. Who is your favourite character of Star Trek : Voyager ?
>>
>>Seven of Nine
>
>Why do so many men opt for the pneumatically breasted women on Star Trek
>will someone tell me. And no that isn't jealousy as I am hardly flat
>chested, especially whilst breast feeding at the moment. Admittedly, I
>don't have the flat stomach, but I like to think there is a lot of
>corsetry in those uniforms ;-)

You know, I'm going to sound a bit like the stereotypical "I only read it for
the articles" kind of response here, but really, the Seven of Nine thing is
_not_ about the breasts. In fact, if anything, it's probably _despite_ the
breasts.

I am, for want of a better phrase, a "leg man" myself. Big breasts don't do
diddly for me. Yet Seven does... there's an apparent contradiction there, but
only if you're concentrating on the one body part that you assume is the cause
of any interest. You're forgetting the one thing that overrules the physical
appearance, and can make a plain woman immediately sexy, and that's the
personality.

Seven is smart, assertive, and what's more, logical and mostly unemotional.
What's not to like for an Aspie? Besides, we're all aware that most of that
famous shape is padding and corsetry.

Alun.
~~~~

Tamara Eddy

Aug 19, 2002, 12:09:12 AM8/19/02

> I'm sorry, I have never seen Buffy.

Oh, boy, you don't know what you're missing. Other than this last season
(which got a *little* strange) the series has been incredible.

> --
> neral | ac
> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> schreef in bericht
> > To all Buffy and Angel fans on these newsgroups:
> >
> > 1. Who is your favorite character of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Of all time? Seth Green's character. (I bawled my eyes out during the last
episode in which he played). Of the shows after he left? Riley (no guesses
as to why. He's adorable *and* honourable. A good catch no matter how you
look at it.)

I also like Giles. He has an incredible sense of humour. Very dry and
British. :-)

> > 2. Who is your favorite character of Angel?

Angel. I also love Charisma Carter's (last name right?) character, but I
*hate* what she's done with her hair.

> > 3. Who is your favorite Guest character of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Drusilla.

> > Who is your favorite Guest character of Angel?

The guest characters? I can't think of any. But I *love* the owner of the
niteclub (UH OH - brain block! i can't think of his name right now.)

> > 4. Who is your funniest character in Buffy?

Spike, without a doubt.

Who is your funniest
> > character of Angel?

The niteclub owner (darn it - It's going to drive me crazy all night!)

> > 5. Who is your favorite villain?

The little creature they had on a Halloween special. He made everyone's
nightmares come true (inside a fraternity house) - HUGE lead up...little
tiny demon. It was the funniest thing I ever saw.

> > 6. What is your favorite demon race?

The gentlemen, I guess. I'm terrible at picking things. I hate to be tied
to one decision on such *important* matters. ;-)

Tamara

Tamara Eddy

Aug 19, 2002, 1:57:35 AM8/19/02

Alun Jones <al...@texis.com> wrote in message

Well said, Alun. I wholeheartedly agree.

Tamara

The Phantom Lurker

Aug 19, 2002, 2:51:30 AM8/19/02
<neral>

Romulans have also Bird of Preys. Martok ship is called "The Rottarran"
</neral>

I thought Romulan's ships were called War Birds?

The Phantom Lurker

Aug 19, 2002, 2:54:30 AM8/19/02
<Tamara>

Oh, boy, you don't know what you're missing. Other than this last season
(which got a *little* strange) the series has been incredible.
</Tamara>

Yeah, 's just a shame Willow cut her hair short & started wearing too much
makeup. :-(

Gareeth

Aug 19, 2002, 3:03:01 AM8/19/02

"Paula Sharrock" <pa...@sharrock.org> wrote in message

> Why do so many men opt for the pneumatically breasted women on Star Trek
> will someone tell me. And no that isn't jealousy as I am hardly flat
> chested, especially whilst breast feeding at the moment. Admittedly, I
> don't have the flat stomach, but I like to think there is a lot of
> corsetry in those uniforms ;-)

I am not a man but I am guessing that given the cluster of people who like
Spock, Data and Seven it is more about the character than the chest.

Gareeth

Gareeth

Aug 19, 2002, 3:03:46 AM8/19/02

"neral" <m...@neral.net> wrote in message
> I'm sorry, I have never seen Buffy.

I've never seen it either but I am not sorry.

Gareeth

Dilligaf

Aug 19, 2002, 3:28:03 AM8/19/02

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> [...]

I've only seen 2 episodes - and i'm SORRY I saw those.

Dilligaf

---

Suzanne

Aug 19, 2002, 4:55:30 AM8/19/02
Elizabeth wrote:

> neral wrote:
>
>> Sorry - my mind isn't set to autism, cos of a upcoming dx. I know there
>> are a lot of aspie Trekkies, so it would be fun - for me anyway - to
>> hold a Star Trek poll. I thank anyone in advance for their cooperation.
>>

> I propose an 11 question as a way to bring it a little back On Topic.
>
> 11. Are you on the autism spectrum?

That's an easy one. Nope, I'm not.

Suzanne

Tamara Eddy

Aug 19, 2002, 8:13:01 AM8/19/02

The Phantom Lurker <the_phant...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
And other than the *really* Hollywood done special effects, it's nice to see
Wiccans portrayed in a good light (few shows have done this - the other
notable being the X-Files).

Tamara

The Phantom Lurker

Aug 19, 2002, 8:37:35 AM8/19/02
<Elizabeth>

> I propose an 11 question as a way to bring it a little back On Topic.
>
> 11. Are you on the autism spectrum?
</Elizabeth>

<Suzanne>

That's an easy one. Nope, I'm not.

</Suzanne>

Hmmm... hey Neral, is it possible that she's a member of the Tal Shiar? that
might explain a thing or 2..... <VBG>

Alun Jones

Aug 18, 2002, 11:46:19 PM8/18/02
In article <ajpmvl$1ckuaa$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, "neral" <m...@neral.net>
wrote:

>Thanks Joel and Gareeth. I just have "cold feet" , is that the right
>expression ? I know I'm autistic, but stranger things has happen. This
>diagnose is very important to me cos they are the representatives of
>society, who will decide if I am autistic or just have a nasty
>personality.

Rubbish, they're a few people that have read a bunch of books and attended a
few conferences and training courses, and have set themselves up as
professionals in their particular field. They do not represent society.

I do wonder, though, why you submitted yourself for diagnosis.

Alun.
~~~~

neral

Aug 19, 2002, 10:44:36 AM8/19/02
"The Phantom Lurker" <the_phant...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

Perhaps she is the reason why I have to live in exile on Earth <g>

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 19, 2002, 10:47:20 AM8/19/02
"The Phantom Lurker" <the_phant...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

The big green ships are Romulan Warbirds, but there are also Romulan
Bird of Preys, first seen in the ST:TOS episode "Balance of Terror".

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 19, 2002, 11:10:10 AM8/19/02
"Alun Jones" <al...@texis.com> schreef in bericht

> I do wonder, though, why you submitted yourself for diagnosis.

Because it is important to me. A lot of aspies are satisfied with a self
diagnosis, and that is wonderfull for them, but it don't work for me.

Whole my life I am an outsider, with all sorts of difficulties and
almost everyone ignored me because I am different. Getting a official
diagnosis is for me like an official identity card, a way to show my
right of existance.

I'm 36, and only the last few years I made a few real friends, who know
that I'm autistic. They make an effort to make things easier for me,
they explain things when I don't understand things.

Even my father gradually accepted the fact that I'm autistic. There is
no single human being, who knows me well, who doubt my autism. After
seeing two years a psych, after seeing a psychiatrist and after 18
months talking to you guys, I finally can say who I am. I'm neral and
I'm autistic. And the rest of the world has to accept who I am. I'm not
a bad person, I'm just somewhat different.

The only thing I'm waiting for is my identity card , meaning my official
diagnosis. There is always the possibility that these people have
another point of view and think that I'm not autistic. Everything is
possible. That's what I'm afraid of. My own self image would go to
pieces when a bunch of people would refuse to recognise who I am.

A self diagnosis is not enough, I need a official diagnosis because I
think in black and white. And probably an official diagnosis is not
black and white enough, but after some concideration, I would settle for
that, otherwise there is no point in anything anymore.

That's why I submitted myself for a diagnosis and waited 13 months for
it. I will see what happen, I know I am autistic, but when they decide
that I'm not autistic, I will leave this newsgroup and forget all about
autism. This is no emotional promise. When I'm not accepted as an
autistic, it all ends and return to an isolated life.

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 19, 2002, 11:11:48 AM8/19/02
<growi...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> I hope that you can rest and relax at least a little bit before then.
> I'll also wish you good luck! :) Most likely, you'll be glad you
> did all of this to make sure in your own mind that you are what you
> know you are.

Thanks, Joel.

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 19, 2002, 11:12:42 AM8/19/02
"dickinson" <bid...@iprimus.com.au> schreef in bericht

> No matter what the dx.....you will still be the courteous, caring
Neral we
> have all come to know here.

Thanks, Kev

--
neral | ac

neral

Aug 19, 2002, 11:14:40 AM8/19/02
"Alun Jones" <al...@texis.com> schreef in bericht

> Oh dear, neral, haven't you learned anything? The professionals
divide
> solidly into two camps:
> 1. Those that have a clue how little they know, and
> 2. Those that have no clue.

They should know what they are doing, otherwise they had to look for
another job.

--
neral | ac

The Phantom Lurker

Aug 19, 2002, 12:41:54 PM8/19/02
<neral>

Perhaps she is the reason why I have to live in exile on Earth <g>
</neral>

<chuckle>

Alun Jones

Aug 19, 2002, 12:49:16 PM8/19/02
In article <ajr1mn$1dksq1$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, "neral" <m...@neral.net>
wrote:
..

>Whole my life I am an outsider, with all sorts of difficulties and
>almost everyone ignored me because I am different. Getting a official
>diagnosis is for me like an official identity card, a way to show my
>right of existance.
..

>That's why I submitted myself for a diagnosis and waited 13 months for
>it. I will see what happen, I know I am autistic, but when they decide
>that I'm not autistic, I will leave this newsgroup and forget all about
>autism. This is no emotional promise. When I'm not accepted as an
>autistic, it all ends and return to an isolated life.

Your diagnosis will be made, almost certainly, by outsiders to the group of
which you are so clearly a member. It may matter to that outside world, but
it won't change who you are, and it won't change the fact that you are
welcome, even wanted, here. Your posts to date have clearly given a great
deal of comfort and support to so many with whom they struck a resonant chord.

If you are not (diagnosed to be) autistic, then you at least have a strong,
intuitive understanding of what it is to be autistic. You have much to
contribute here, to a group that frequently butts heads with people who have
no understanding even when you lay it out for them, chapter and verse.

Alun.
~~~~

Alun Jones

Aug 19, 2002, 12:49:16 PM8/19/02
In article <ajr1v4$1dne8i$1...@ID-149454.news.dfncis.de>, "neral" <m...@neral.net>
wrote:

All you have to do, to remain in a job, is to convince the people that pay you
that you know what you are doing. It is not required to actually know what
you are doing, just to be good enough at hiding the gaps in your knowledge.

Anyone who's ever worked in an office with multiple people knows that there
are some people who just plain shouldn't be there, but are swanning through
because noone noticed that they aren't producing good results. Anyone who's
ever gone to a support meeting for parents of autistic children knows that
there are some psych-/neur-ologists who don't 'get' autism, no matter how many
times they read the definitions in DSM-IV.

Sadly, there's no "pee in a cup" test for autism spectrum, or it'd be a whole
lot easier (and cheaper) to find treatment and support. Does anyone have the
statistics that put rates of autism in perspective with other "big ticket"
diseases and conditions? It should be clear that there's a lot of
misdiagnosed and mistreated autistics out there.

Alun.
~~~~

It is loading more messages.