Information

1 view

Kate

Jun 28, 2002, 11:15:21 AM6/28/02
COMBAT! was TV's longest running WWII drama, honoring the frontline U.S.
infantryman. On ABC from 1962 through 1967, Combat! starred Vic Morrow as
Sergeant Saunders and Rick Jason as Lieutenant Hanley.

06/24/2002 Added pages about costumes/props and makeup used on the series.
Pages about producers Sellig J. Seligman, Robert Blees, and series creator
Robert Pirosh.

From the Mailbag, Wed, 26 Jun 2002
I just wanted to share this with someone who would actually care (although you
probably already knew this). In the recent movie John Q, as the police sniper
closes in on our hero, he radios back to base, "Checkmate King Two, this is
White Rook".
Regards,
Rick Behnke
Phoenix, AZ

Reply: Dear Rick: Thanks for the email. Yes, I actually care, and No, I didn't
know this. So,the Saunders and Hanley legacy are infiltrating contemporary
films. Yippee!

From the Mailbag, COMBAT! in North Carolina: I thought you'd like to know that
the show has re-surfaced on WSKY-TV, Channel 4,which is based in Kitty Hawk,
North Carolina, but covers a wide area of southeastern Virginia (Hampton Roads)
and northeastern North Carolina. This station is carried on most area cable
system. It airs on Sunday nights, two episodes a week, between 9 and 11 p.m.
The WSKY-TV website (WSKY4.com) has a link, from their programming section, to
the Combat web page. -- From Nate Custer

06/20/2002 Combat! is now being shown every day, Monday through Friday at 1:00
CST on channel 55 in Houston, Texas.

Combat! will return to the Encore Action Channel in 2003 (read more...)

06/17/2002 Combat! Book, revised 2002 version now at printer. Taking
pre-orders, click here.

06/02/2002 new Episode Reviews:

Fly Away Home : Saunders and squad babysit some pigeons on recon mission.
Guest Neville Brand..
Brother, Brother : The brother of Kirby's hometown friend expects special
treatment Guest: Frankie Avalon
The Hard Way Back : Sal Mineo as a soldier who abandons Saunders, who is
trapped under beam
The Little Carousel : Saunders and squad encounter young student nurse who
wants to help Guests: Sylviane Margolle

Local channel KAZT in Prescott, Arizona (which also serves the greater Phoenix
area) broadcasts Combat at 8 PM on Sundays and Tuesdays. (Info provided by Dale
Jenkins and Mike "Shooter851")

Actor Ron Soble, one of Combat's many outstanding guest stars, died on May 2 at
the age of 72 of brain and lung cancer. Soble was a former Golden Gloves boxing
champion in the 40s and went to Hollywood in the late 50s. He had a long and
stellar career in movies and television. (Info provided by "Peacekeeper") He
appeared in the episodes "Headcount" and "More than a Soldier."

05/29/2002:
Review of episode Dateline
Review of episode Point of View
Review of episode The Impostor
Vintage TV Guide article: The Private War on Lot 2

Check out fellow fan Susan Moar's great COMBAT! original art notecards and art
prints available from her RiverWolf Gallery

Also see list of previous updates for the Combat! site.

Search eBay for:

To purchase books, videos, or music click the logo above. Purchases support
this site. Visit our book store for recommended books.

Combat! is owned by ABC Television and distributed in the US by Paramount
Pictures. It is not our intention to infringe on the copyrights of the creators
of Combat! This web page is meant for the free enjoyment of Combat! fans
everywhere.

Unless otherwise noted, materials Copyright ©1996 - 2002 by Jo Davidsmeyer. All
rights reserved. Photographs from the TV series copyright ABC-TV.

The site is hosted and maintained by
Jo Davidsmeyer.

You are visitor #

Counter by LE FastCounter