OT:The next Victim

Mike

Aug 17, 2009, 9:27:18 AM8/17/09
of false steroid allegations. I'm sure, like Big Pappy, that he'll claim
all he ever took was vitamins. I mean, Big Pappy never took steroids. No
way. Same as Maguire and Big Head Bonds. No sir.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/OtherSports/2009/08/16/10479886-cp.html

Chuck Taylor

Aug 17, 2009, 9:59:12 AM8/17/09

"Mike" <mi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I bet poor Tyson Gay got so fast running from the bullies...

pawn

Aug 17, 2009, 7:44:23 PM8/17/09

LMAO!!!

Preacher

Aug 17, 2009, 9:03:12 PM8/17/09
Sounding a bit like sour grapes there Mike. Having grown up in a Jamaican
boarding school (my parents were selfish arseholes), I always wondered how
Jamaica naver placed better in the speed running shite, becuase from
experience those dudes were damn fast. Playing field evened, Jamaica kicks
ass. Makes perfect sense to me, anyway.....

Steve

Mike

Aug 17, 2009, 9:25:33 PM8/17/09
Nope not sour grapes at all. I just don't believe any human can
"legally" run that fast. I guess steroids have ruined so many sports now
that you just expect he'll get caught eventually.

foamy

Aug 17, 2009, 11:00:35 PM8/17/09
In article <h6cukj$cgt$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Preacher" <sdean5...@NOSPAM.cogeco.ca> wrote:

>Sounding a bit like sour grapes there Mike. Having grown up in a Jamaican
>boarding school (my parents were selfish arseholes), I always wondered how
>Jamaica naver placed better in the speed running shite, becuase from
>experience those dudes were damn fast. Playing field evened, Jamaica kicks
>ass. Makes perfect sense to me, anyway.....

Hey ! Canada's Jamaicans, Ben Johnson and Donovan Bailey set world records.
Of course Johnson was juiced, there's no evidence [ or accusation from what I
know ], Bailey was.

I still remember Johnson's run, man that was so amazing, and resulted in so
much pride for Canadaians and the Canadian Johnson. Oops, wtf is that
Jamaican doing embarrassing our country.

Sport is fooked, there's simply too much money involved to ever return to
the days of innocence and ideals. So screw it, I've given up. Take whatever
you want, shrink your dick, die early and let your surviving relatives live
the good life off your bucks.

With respect to Bolt, I think he's clean. Just like Phelps, I think he has the
perfect body, desire and early work ethic for his sport at this time. No doubt
that template will change as humans evolve, but for now, they are both
amazing to watch.

Jim

BlueBuyYoo

Aug 18, 2009, 12:30:14 AM8/18/09
foamy wrote:
> In article <h6cukj$cgt$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> "Preacher" <sdean5...@NOSPAM.cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> Sounding a bit like sour grapes there Mike. Having grown up in a Jamaican
>> boarding school (my parents were selfish arseholes), I always wondered how
>> Jamaica naver placed better in the speed running shite, becuase from
>> experience those dudes were damn fast. Playing field evened, Jamaica kicks
>> ass. Makes perfect sense to me, anyway.....
>
> Hey ! Canada's Jamaicans, Ben Johnson and Donovan Bailey set world records.
> Of course Johnson was juiced, there's no evidence [ or accusation from what I
> know ], Bailey was.
>
> I still remember Johnson's run, man that was so amazing, and resulted in so
> much pride for Canadaians and the Canadian Johnson. Oops, wtf is that
> Jamaican doing embarrassing our country.
>
> Sport is fooked, there's simply too much money involved to ever return to
> the days of innocence and ideals. So screw it, I've given up. Take whatever
> you want, shrink your dick, die early and let your surviving relatives live
> the good life off your bucks.

Just about every other sprinter in that race tested positive for
something during their careers.
http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2006/09/1988_olympic_10.html
Ben was the only one stupid enough to get caught.

> With respect to Bolt, I think he's clean. Just like Phelps, I think he has the
> perfect body, desire and early work ethic for his sport at this time. No doubt
> that template will change as humans evolve, but for now, they are both
> amazing to watch.

Bolt is a freaking machine. Smooth, fluid and technically perfect.

foamy

Aug 18, 2009, 8:06:31 PM8/18/09
In article <h6daom$hh7$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
BlueBuyYoo <blueb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ben was the only one stupid enough to get caught/

Thanks for the link, I didn't know that.

How the dick Lewis got away with it his whole career baffles me.

Jim

finsfan

Aug 21, 2009, 2:33:01 PM8/21/09

"foamy" <bomb...@sulet.net> wrote in message

I agree with you about Bolt and Phelps- both are just freaks. But as for
Bolt- didn't they say during the Olympics, after his first WR in the 100M-
that he'd only started running it two months before? I can't remember the
exact amount of time but I remember laughing my ass off about it- the kid
just strolled in a blew everyone away.