Chris Berman WILL Call Monday Night Football… Repeat Chris Berman WILL Call Monday Night Football

TMC

Jun 27, 2012, 8:58:51 PM6/27/12
http://fangsbites.com/2012/06/chris-berman-will-call-monday-night-football-repeat-chris-berman-will-call-monday-night-football/

by Ken, under Chris Berman, ESPN, Monday Night Football, NFL

Since SportsbyBrooks tweeted last week that Chris Berman would call
the opening week Monday Night Football late doubleheader game, we’ve
been waiting for confirmation. Instead of receiving a press release,
ESPN has chosen to confirm this through its public relations website,
Front Row.

Over the last few years, Berman has been polarizing. His performances
on the U.S. Open and All-Star Home Run Derby have been heavily
criticized on social media sites. Now with Berman going to call two
games, a preseason game between Arizona and Tennessee on August 23 and
then the last game on Week 1 of the 2012 regular season, San Diego-
Oakland at 10:15 p.m., Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Sulia and any other
site within reach of fans could explode.
Berman will be teamed with Trent Dilfer who has been the analyst for
the late Week 1 doubleheader game since 2010, paired with Brad
Nessler. But with Nessler on NFL Network for 13 weeks, ESPN has chosen
to go with the overbearing Berman for this year. If people thought the
Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic experience was bad from 2007 through
2009, they had better be ready for 2012′s edition of the late night
train wreck.

So from ESPN Front Row, here’s a listing of the announcers for the
Week 1 Monday Night Football late game since the doubleheaders began
in 2006.

ESPN’s Season-Opening MNF Doubleheader Commentator Teams (2006-
present):
Year Game ESPN Commentators
2006 San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders Brad Nessler, Ron Jaworski
and Dick Vermeil
2007 Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers Mike Greenberg, Mike
Golic and Mike Ditka
2008 Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders Greenberg, Golic and Ditka
2009 San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders Greenberg, Golic and Steve
Young
2010 San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs Nessler and Trent Dilfer
2011 Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos Nessler and Dilfer
2012 San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders Chris Berman and Dilfer

If it were up to me, I’d use one of ESPN’s college football primetime
teams. Why not have Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit and Erin Andrews
do the late night game? Brent has an NFL background from his days at
CBS and also hosted Monday Night Football for a year. Kirk has seen
many of the players before. And Brent could give us a betting line
reference. It would be so fun.

But as I get back to reality and realize Chris Berman will call the
game, I will be watching only for the potential train wreck value. I
know my friends at ESPN PR won’t like that, but they have to know how
polarizing Berman can be.

UPDATE, 10:18 a.m.: Just as I hit “Publish”, ESPN comes through with
the press release. Here it is.

Chris Berman and Trent Dilfer to Call Chargers-Raiders on ESPN’s
Monday Night Football
Six-time National Sportscaster of the Year Chris Berman has been the
face of ESPN’s NFL coverage for nearly three decades.

The 2012 season will be Berman’s 28th as host of Sunday NFL Countdown.
He’s also hosted ESPN’s NFL Draft and Super Bowl week coverage, and he
continues to emcee the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s annual enshrinement
ceremony in Canton, Ohio.

In fact, Berman himself was inducted into the Hall of Fame as the Pete
Rozelle Radio-TV Award recipient in 2010.

But this coming NFL season, Berman will try something he’s never done
before … call an NFL game.

He and analyst Trent Dilfer have been assigned to the booth for the
San Diego Chargers-Oakland Raiders game as part of ESPN’s season-
opening Monday Night Football doubleheader on September 10.

Berman will host the three-hour Countdown in Bristol on the opening
NFL Sunday. After the show, he’ll fly cross country for this AFC West
rivalry game the next night (10:15 p.m. ET).

The west coast game will follow the Cincinnati Bengals-Baltimore
Ravens opener, which will be called by the regular MNF team of Mike
Tirico and Jon Gruden (7 p.m.).

In preparation for the assignment, Berman and Dilfer will also call
the Arizona Cardinals-Tennessee Titans MNF preseason game on Aug. 23
(8 p.m.).

“I have worked with Boom for four years now and I’ve never been around
someone who loves the NFL more than him,” said Dilfer. “I firmly
believe that his passion and mine for the game of football will
translate to the audience.”

That will be it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/27/berman-heads-to-the-monday-night-booth/

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio discusses Chris Berman heading to the
Monday Night Football booth for two games.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/june/espn-confirms-our-fears-chris-berman-will-announce-mnf-season-opener.html

Matt Yoder of Awful Announcing says national nightmare Berman in the
booth is not what NFL fans want.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chris-berman-trent-dilfer-call-second-half-espn-152649383--nfl.html;_ylt=Ap6iSqMgp5P6d4UoC2QzAD9YYsp_;_ylu=X3oDMTE4NWRia245BG1pdANCbG9ncyBJbmRleARwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFpMm9iMzh1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Doug Farrar of Yahoo’s Shutdown Corner says it isn’t Berman who we
should be worried about.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/06/chris-berman-to-call-chargersraiders-on-mnf/

Sports Media Watch looks into the move to put Chris Berman into the
Monday Night Football booth.

Bingo GasStation Motel Cheeseburger with a Side of Aircrat Noise and You'll be Gary, Indiana

Aug 23, 2015, 2:43:15 PM8/23/15

"TMC" <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
before . call an NFL game.
You WHINEY fuck Oakland Faider fans were just mad cause Chris is a 49er fan.

You could have saved everyone at the time the long monotonous drawn out
screed if you had just said "I'm a dumbfuck Faider fan and I don't like
Chris Berman."

Fucking idiots.

---