Giants Chronicles: Phil Simms

DoctorElefant

Feb 1, 2015, 12:28:55 AM2/1/15
I hadn't seen this one before. They recorded it a few years ago. Good stuff.

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Giants-Chronicles-Phil-Simms/24de67d4-db01-493b-b9e9-fb822416d5f7

DocE

"The future ain't what it used to be." -Yogi Berra

Minnesota Fats

Feb 1, 2015, 11:54:03 AM2/1/15
The thing about Phil is that he always had to prove himself from Morehead State right through his Giant career-not big enough, not tough enough. I like what Parcells once said about him: "One day. Giant fans will look back and say 'That Simms guy was pretty darned good.' He's the best QB the Giants ever had." Phil in the Hall? You can make a darned good case for him.

Fritz

Feb 1, 2015, 12:45:24 PM2/1/15
Fats, I always thought that if Phil hadn't got hurt in 1990 and played in and won that Super Bowl he'd be in the HOF. IF you look at his numbers and compare them to Len Dawson or even Namath it's no contest that Phil belongs. But given the anti- New York bias I doubt he'll ever get in. The most outrageous thing is that OJ Anderson isnt in. When he retired he was in the top ten in rushing and was a Rookie of the year and All Pro early in his career in six plus seasons in St Louis and then had a rebirth late in his career and won a Super Bowl MVP. I thought he was a sure thing when he retired and he almost never gets mentioned.

Minnesota Fats

Feb 1, 2015, 1:29:58 PM2/1/15
On Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 11:45:24 AM UTC-6, Fritz wrote:
> Fats, I always thought that if Phil hadn't got hurt in 1990 and played in and won that Super Bowl he'd be in the HOF. IF you look at his numbers and compare them to Len Dawson or even Namath it's no contest that Phil belongs. But given the anti- New York bias I doubt he'll ever get in. The most outrageous thing is that OJ Anderson isnt in. When he retired he was in the top ten in rushing and was a Rookie of the year and All Pro early in his career in six plus seasons in St Louis and then had a rebirth late in his career and won a Super Bowl MVP. I thought he was a sure thing when he retired and he almost never gets mentioned.

Point well taken, Fritz. Dawson and Namath have one ring each, same as Phil, only Phil was better. If they're in Canton, the red carpet should be rolled out for Phil.

Lubow

Feb 1, 2015, 10:07:43 PM2/1/15

"Fritz" <tgif...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Hey, Del Shofner was not only All-Pro but on the All-Decade Team and remains
the ONLY member of the All-Decade team not be inducted. Oh, and he was a
damned good punter as well.