Of course I wish The Giants won....

jtees4

Dec 23, 2016, 9:57:22 AM12/23/16
Of course I wish The Giants won....BUT in the end I do give them a bit
of credit....at least limited credit. Being down 14 in the first few
minutes made everything much harder. And they still did come back, to
the point where they came within a pass to win the game. They also had
some great play from Gould, Perkins and Wade. A bit encouraging going
forward.

IommiRULES

Dec 23, 2016, 10:12:59 AM12/23/16
I was thinking the same thing Collinsworth said....in a way the Giants going down early was a bit of a blessing, it forced the offense to come out of their "let the defense win it" mode.....but the problem was the Offense WAS the main reason they got in that hole! Sure the defense looked soft on the first drive (it was first time they REALLY MISSED Jpp, that was obvious) but in grand scheme of things the D ONLY gave up 17 points, that gets you a W 90% of the time in the NFL.

Nelson

Dec 23, 2016, 10:33:35 AM12/23/16
I also take some solace in this loss. Toward the end of the game, the D stepped up and looked playoff caliber. 3 and out, with a highlite reel break up by Wade. And IMO, the O played good enough for a win most of the time, but, make no mistake, they definitely are not an elite enough unit that, if the refs, for whatever reason, start hosing them, they'll be good enough to just shoot past that.

DrElefant

Dec 23, 2016, 10:36:14 AM12/23/16
On that first Eagles TD drive, Wentz had a big run for a first down at 10:36 of the 1st Quarter. On that play, Bromley was on the ground and being held down by two Eagles before Wentz even took off. If you watch the play again on the highlight reel, you can't miss it. A drive killing penalty should have been called.

IommiRULES

Dec 23, 2016, 10:41:58 AM12/23/16
Yea, if nothing else the game got interesting late, and after first 5 minutes it looked like a blowout for Philly. Just couldn't overcome the early mistakes on both sides of the ball and couldn't finish some really nice drives. Coming out sleepwalking on both O and D cost them the game IMO. The hole was just deep enough, and Philly isn't an awful team, prolly a bit better than their record and get that kid some receivers they should be in the mix next year.

IommiRULES

Dec 23, 2016, 10:48:08 AM12/23/16
Also on that first drive they ran RIGHT AT the place where JPP would normally be, and tore the Giants up. As for refs I don't waste my breath. No one here was crying when they gave OBJ a catch on the most obvious incomplete last game, arguing referee calls is like pissing in the wind. Yea the call on Apple was ridiculous and they were not calling PI all night.....but the refs didn't throw a pick 6 and go down 14-0 before you got your first beer. That is what lost the game IMO.

Unknown

Dec 23, 2016, 11:06:29 AM12/23/16
The Eli pick six was a brutal play and a pass I cannot believe he
threw. In affect it was the game. I know the OL sucks but plays like
that from a guy in the league as long as him are inexcusable.

Hats N Bats

DrElefant

Dec 23, 2016, 11:48:08 AM12/23/16
The OBJ catch that should have been ruled incomplete in the Lions game was a 4 yard gain and the score was 0-0. The Lions didn't bother challenging it either, because it was a harmless 4 yard gain. Also, I could actually understand how the refs missed that one because it fell between his legs and was not visible from certain angles. The bad calls in critical situations for 15 yards or more last night? Not so much.

Nelson

Dec 23, 2016, 11:50:56 AM12/23/16
Agree with you on that pick, Hats.....but I will give Eli some slack on the final pick. For one thing, he had a defender wrapped around his lower legs when he released the ball (thanks, Flowers), then once the ball was in the air Tye did his best impersonation of a statue. He just stood there, flat footed, not making a play at all on the ball.

IommiRULES

Dec 23, 2016, 11:54:01 AM12/23/16
Like I said I don't waste my keystrokes on ref calls...it can be done each and every game, for and against, waste of time.

IommiRULES

Dec 23, 2016, 11:56:51 AM12/23/16
The final pick was bad too, but it was pretty much desperation mode at that point.....thanks mostly to John fuckin Jerry on the previous drive.

Unknown

Dec 23, 2016, 1:57:46 PM12/23/16
No argument but it was the pick 6 that killed them, everything else
that comes after is a result of that play. Look I like Eli, he's given
us quite a bit over the years, but that play was something I'd expect
from Nassib not him and when the OL sucks the way it does you cannot
throw to a sandlot TE being double covered. Take the sack or ground it
for all I care.

Hats N Bats

DrElefant

Dec 23, 2016, 2:22:21 PM12/23/16
On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-6, nor...@googlegroups.com wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 08:50:55 -0800 (PST), Nelson
> <nel...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >> The Eli pick six was a brutal play and a pass I cannot believe he
> >> threw. In affect it was the game. I know the OL sucks but plays like
> >> that from a guy in the league as long as him are inexcusable.
> >>

> >> --
> >
> >Agree with you on that pick, Hats.....but I will give Eli some slack on the final pick. For one thing, he had a defender wrapped around his lower legs when he released the ball (thanks, Flowers), then once the ball was in the air Tye did his best impersonation of a statue. He just stood there, flat footed, not making a play at all on the ball.
>
> No argument but it was the pick 6 that killed them, everything else
> that comes after is a result of that play. Look I like Eli, he's given
> us quite a bit over the years, but that play was something I'd expect
> from Nassib not him and when the OL sucks the way it does you cannot
> throw to a sandlot TE being double covered. Take the sack or ground it
> for all I care.

Or slide. ;)

Nelson

Dec 23, 2016, 3:13:59 PM12/23/16
Doc....there you go.....slide and hope that a defender's finger touches your shoulder pad on the way down...instant 15 yarder.

DrElefant

Dec 23, 2016, 3:42:02 PM12/23/16
It might be a waste of time for you, but the Giants have received multiple apology letters from the NFL office over the years. They obviously think it's important enough to type about. To each his own I guess.

IommiRULES

Dec 23, 2016, 3:58:32 PM12/23/16
Yea and I know it is a topic on the talking head shows too, I just choose not to participate. To me, unless it is like one blatant call at the end of a game, it is useless to discuss. If the officials suck then they suck for both teams. Good teams overcome it, bad ones use it as an excuse. And at 10-5 i'm not in a whineing mood. I'm more interested in the "does Eli have another one in him" conversation than I am talking about officials game in and game out.

Nelson

Dec 23, 2016, 4:24:40 PM12/23/16
Lommi.....my 2 cents.........the non-call on the defensive holding/PI (take your pick) play WAS pretty damn blatant and at an absolutely crucial time in the game.

IommiRULES

Dec 23, 2016, 5:54:53 PM12/23/16
OK, you guys suckerd me in. First avoiding PI is an art for both offense and defense, these guys know exactly what angle the refs are standing....pull here tug there, NP as long as it isn't noticed, and some refs just let more go....u know like umpires in MLB have different strike zones. Micheal Irving made it to the HOF on uncalled offensive PI. The one I couldn't understand was the Eli Apple roughing, the kid did all he could to avoid him and pretty much did.... and they are both Rooks so couldn't be "vet gets the call". The Vernon roughing could have went either way, personally I don't think Vernon did it intentionally, but Que Sera Sera.

I'd rather talk about our guys commiting STUPID penalties, see John Jerry ...now THAT can be fixed, up to and including termination.

Unknown

Dec 24, 2016, 8:54:34 AM12/24/16
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 12:13:58 -0800 (PST), Nelson
lol that is the best solution yet.
Hats N Bats

Unknown

Dec 24, 2016, 8:55:52 AM12/24/16