Sanchez will win today

Awesome Lincecum

Apr 24, 2011, 7:57:31 AM4/24/11
Just a hunch. Lincecum imitated Sanchez, so it's time Sanchez imitates
Lincecum today.

The KNBR guy made a good point though. Why sit Posey on a Lincecum
start? Should be better off sitting Posey on Sunday. Lincecum and
Posey seem to be working well together, and Sanchez seems to work well
with Whiteside (the no-hitter, remember?).

benf8...@aol.com

Apr 24, 2011, 11:14:10 AM4/24/11

Maybe they should have started Vogelsong on Friday and moved Bumgarner
to Saturday.
So far Vogelsong seems to have his stuff. The couple of years in Japan
did him some good.

John Walsh

Apr 24, 2011, 6:16:46 PM4/24/11
On 24 Apr 2011 11:57:31 GMT, Awesome Lincecum <Linc...@sf.giants>
wrote:

It all went wrong when they pulled Sanchez and Mota went in, although
Mota was good for a while. What really sent them down the tubes was
Affeldt, again. It's the same thing as last year. He just stinks
early in the year. This should be about the 3rd game he's done this.
And before people start with the "well he had runners on before he
came in" line, he's paid to get them out.

Sanchez gave the Braves the lead right away, but kept it tight the
rest of the way.

49ERS 4 EVER

Apr 24, 2011, 10:41:03 PM4/24/11

"Awesome Lincecum" <Linc...@sf.giants> wrote in message

I thought Lincecum looked lost without Posey. It seemed like it was written
on his face. I really don't know what happened to the Giants pitching today.
Who would have thought Wilson would pitch so horrible. Are the braves that
good or is this just a bump in the road?

--
SF GIANTS WORLD SERIES CHAMPS
ORANGE AND BLACK ATTACK!!!

49ERS 4 EVER

Apr 25, 2011, 12:03:23 AM4/25/11

"John Walsh" <jwal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Weird that it seems to have been the pattern this series. Start off rocky
settle down. I am surprised that Wilson proved to be human. --

rboorooj

Apr 25, 2011, 2:31:11 AM4/25/11
On Apr 24, 7:41 pm, "49ERS 4 EVER" <miss...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are the braves that good or is this just a bump in the road?

Both statements can be equally true. Today was a definite and rather
large bump in the road, but there is no reason to assume that the
Giants won't get it going at some point.

rb

Awesome Lincecum

Apr 25, 2011, 5:26:40 AM4/25/11
"benf8...@aol.com" <benf8...@aol.com> wrote in
:

> On Apr 24, 4:57 am, Awesome Lincecum <Lince...@sf.giants> wrote:
>> Just a hunch.  Lincecum imitated Sanchez, so it's time Sanchez
>> imitates Lincecum today.
>>
>> The KNBR guy made a good point though.  Why sit Posey on a
>> Lincecum start?  Should be better off sitting Posey on Sunday.
>>  Lincecum and Posey seem to be working well together, and Sanchez
>> seems to work well with Whiteside (the no-hitter, remember?).
>
> Maybe they should have started Vogelsong on Friday and moved
> Bumgarner to Saturday.

I'm not sure if that would've made any difference...

> So far Vogelsong seems to have his stuff. The couple of years in
> Japan did him some good.

Well, relief is easier than starting. I guess we'll find out this
week...

Awesome Lincecum

Apr 25, 2011, 5:27:50 AM4/25/11
John Walsh <jwal...@gmail.com> wrote in

Sanchez was lucky he only gave up 2 runs in the 1st. Easily could've
been 3 runs if Uggla moved the runner to 3B.

Why was Sanchez taken out with only 86 pitches thrown in the 5th? Was
he starting to lose it? Looked ok from the boxscore. 3 up 3 down in
the 5th...

Greg Lentz

Apr 25, 2011, 2:15:29 PM4/25/11

I'm thinking that if Belt doesn't come back for a while that they need to
add left field to the list of position player concerns along with
shortstop.
--
Greg Lentz

John Walsh

Apr 25, 2011, 2:35:35 PM4/25/11
On 25 Apr 2011 09:27:50 GMT, Awesome Lincecum <Linc...@sf.giants>
wrote:

No, but he was up to 86 pitches early in the season? You never know
for sure why Bochy does things, but for the most part, he's been
pretty good with his hunches.

rboorooj

Apr 25, 2011, 10:58:33 PM4/25/11
On Apr 25, 11:35 am, John Walsh <jwalsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Apr 2011 09:27:50 GMT, Awesome Lincecum <Lince...@sf.giants>
> wrote:

> >Why was Sanchez taken out with only 86 pitches thrown in the 5th?  Was
> >he starting to lose it?  Looked ok from the boxscore.  3 up 3 down in
> >the 5th...
>
> No, but he was up to 86 pitches early in the season?  You never know
> for sure why Bochy does things, but for the most part, he's been
> pretty good with his hunches.

It said in the Merc today that he was sick and hung in there until he
couldn't go any longer.

rb

Awesome Lincecum

Apr 28, 2011, 5:57:17 AM4/28/11