Pathetic

MetsFanSince71

May 16, 2017, 6:41:17 PM5/16/17
At least Casey was a character when they played so bad. Collins is a smuck

Beach Runner

May 17, 2017, 1:21:27 PM5/17/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 3:41:17 PM UTC-7, MetsFanSince71 wrote:
> At least Casey was a character when they played so bad. Collins is a smuck

It's shmuck.

When Casey was manager they were deeply in last place with no potential.

This team has potential, and believe it or not, in 2nd place and still
can come back.

MetsFanSince71

May 17, 2017, 4:43:44 PM5/17/17
spell check keeps changing spellings on its own.

These Met pitchers are all over rated. All these young pitchers all suffering serious injuries so early in career is cause for concern.

It would be like Seaver, Matlack, Koosman going down together.

Beach Runner

May 17, 2017, 7:43:02 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 1:43:44 PM UTC-7, MetsFanSince71 wrote:
> spell check keeps changing spellings on its own.

I guess it's not to be expected for spell check to know Yiddish:-)

> These Met pitchers are all over rated. All these young pitchers all suffering serious injuries so early in career is cause for concern.
>
> It would be like Seaver, Matlack, Koosman going down together.

They had a different pitching coaches and trainers. One is an accident. Two is a coincidence. Three injuries is very suspicious. When EVERY starter has arm
problems these is no doubt the problem isn't the pitchers, but a commonality.

It's not Collings fault that all his starters are getting injuries and can't pitch 6 innings. He works with the pitchers he has. If the Mets starting staff was healthy and anywhere near close to their potential, Collins is sitting atop the league, even losing position players, regardless if he chooses Flores over Reyes, Bruce over Granderson, or other managerial changes. Not that his decisions are open to question, but he'd still be winning if he had great
a staff of Aces.

And, I wonder about all the new technology versus old world practices.

I provide the examples of violins. With all our technology and science, in spite of years of research, a group of violin makers in Cremonia, Italy knew more about how to make a violin sound beautiful than we know today.

Maybe, players that evolved with "Old school smarts" had knowledge that was superior to a lot of modern thinking. Look at Spahn and Marichal going something like 16innings one game. Neither had arm troubles.

Pitchers were much healthier with older training methods and pitching styles. Even with starters throwing far more innings. Are they more effective now? Not really.

The commonality is the Met's pitching coaches