Joe Morgan's Statement, according this writer is the height of hypocracy

Beach Runner

Nov 23, 2017, 6:59:22 PM11/23/17
https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/joe-morgans-letter-about-steroids-and-hall-of-fame-is-height-of-hypocrisy/262336376

If Steroids are horrible, and I agree they should be banned, what about equally illegal amphetamines, used by people like Willie Mays? For those that don't know, amphetamines block the receptors of neurotransmitters, so the messages keep getting sent. The body does not like it, and it causes permanent harm to the synapsis.

Here's one of the documentaries by Harvard MD, John Hopkins professor, Dr. Peter Breggins on Stimulants and the permanent harm they cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKsQaj0hzs&t=246s

Peter Breggins is one of my heroes. He helped bring an end to the chronic use of lobotomies, and now is fighting against ECT, including testifying before Congress as the LEADING expert.

Did you know, for example, that JFK's sister got a lobotomy, and today is a drooling idiot? They are not done today because of Dr. Breggin's work.

ruben safir

Nov 23, 2017, 10:29:01 PM11/23/17
On 11/23/2017 06:59 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
> If Steroids are horrible, and I agree they should be banned, what about equally illegal amphetamines,

What the fuck are you talking about. Steroids lay turn on genes to lay
down new muscle and bone. Amphetamines are stimulant. Doing steroids
is the chemical equivalent of give players a bionic arm. I know in a
society that accepts breast implants in Pornography and the
entertainment business doesn't give a shit what they do to athletes for
their entertainment dollar, but I do.

We should not be producing a new subspecies of Homo sapiens to be
professional athletes.

I'm sick of hearing this, and that bastard writer can put a fire cracker
up his ass and light it. We are already at a tipping point with this.
Players go in for surgery and come out stronger and more durable than
when they started. They push them past human endurance, and then when
they break, they are reconstructed and return stronger than ever. We
are already on a tipping point on the ethics of this.

It should not be allowed to perform human experimentation for the
purpose of being better at sports... or even war for that matter ...
producing super-human individual.

Oh that wasn't what happened? Look again because those players who
enhanced their person through steroids SMASHED every physical record in
the 150 year history of the sport.

But god forbid they should have a collision that the plate...

Steroids, and any artificial means of enhancing performance by changing
basic physiology should be banned and such players should remain banned
for LIFE. They should be jailed as well.

And if you think Amphetamines actually helped player, if only shows what
you know about drugs. All they do is cause addiction and actually
weaken over all musculature. Pretty much the way most drugs, when used
for recreational purposes, deleteriously affects health.

Beach Runner

Nov 26, 2017, 10:52:21 AM11/26/17
You make a great case to join me and other's in banning the use of ADHD drugs, which cure nothing.

Regardless, they are both illegal. Do stimulants improve playing?

According to Dr. Peter Breggins, who ended chronic practices of lobotomies and ending ECT, he described how they started with the Nazi soldiers, and at first, it did improve their performance. Then after a period of perhaps a year or 2, they went crazy, even shooting their fellow Nazis. Children growing up with them have smaller brains and bodies.

However, mucking around with the neurotransmitters has terrible long term effects, and that includes giving children ADHD drugs.

Regardless, the point is, if a drug is illegal for MLB, than any drug user regardless of which drug they use should suffer the consequences.

How many players smoked for so many years? How many children chewed tobacco which causes cancer? How about players smoking long after we knew it caused cancer? Players are role models.

Cheating is cheating.

All cheaters should be banned.

I gave a URL by Dr. Peter Breggins on the effects of stimulants, he's arguably the leading expert on the topic. He has done more to save patients from the horrible effects of psychiatric treatments than anyone in the world. And, he would share your views.

He has testified before the APA as well as Congress.

But, if you're going to bring up the long-term health consequences, then we have to address the real elephant in the room, football. As such I boycott Football.

Football causes brain damage. I can see letting adults make decisions, however stupid it is, and finish their careers, but all youth programs, especially school programs should end today and schools should replace that absurd spending with well-rounded health programs, designed by experts.

ruben safir

Nov 26, 2017, 3:06:18 PM11/26/17
On 11/26/2017 10:52 AM, Beach Runner wrote:
> You make a great case to join me and other's in banning the use of ADHD drugs, which cure nothing.
>
> Regardless, they are both illegal. Do stimulants improve playing?

No, I make a great case that using steroids in biological engineering
and such thing should be illegal PERIOD on human subjects.

The rest of what you wrote obscures the issue because the use of
steroids and ZERO in common with recreational drug abuse.

Beach Runner

Nov 27, 2017, 12:59:21 PM11/27/17
While you are the expert, stimulants as mild as coffee do increase speed and thus performance. Over the long run, powerful stimulants have terrible effects, but then so do many legal and illegal drugs.

https://runnersconnect.net/caffeine-and-running/

Are we going to ban coffee? Where to draw the line.

Beach Runner

Nov 27, 2017, 1:07:57 PM11/27/17
And yes, according to top researchers, stimulants are banned in sports because they improve performance.

What Are Stimulants?

General Reference (not clearly pro or con)
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) stated in a Jan. 22, 2008 article titled "Substances: Stimulants," posted on its website:

"Stimulants are substances that act directly on the central nervous system to speed up parts of the brain and body. Adrenaline is an example of a naturally occurring stimulant in the body.

Some athletes may use stimulants in an attempt to increase alertness, reduce tiredness, and increase their competitiveness and aggressiveness.

Examples of stimulants are amphetamines, cocaine, ephedrine, and mesocarb."

Jan. 22, 2008 - Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA)
The Mayo Clinic wrote in a Dec. 26, 2006 article posted on its website, titled "Taking Performance-enhancing Drugs: Are You Risking Your Health?":

"Stimulants are drugs that can reduce fatigue, suppress appetite, and increase alertness and aggressiveness. They stimulate the central nervous system, increasing your heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature and metabolism.

The most common stimulants include caffeine and amphetamines (Dexedrine, Benzedrine). Cold remedies often contain the stimulants ephedrine, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (Sudafed) and phenylpropanolamine. Street drugs such as cocaine and methamphetamine also belong to this group."

Dec. 26, 2006 - Mayo Clinic
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) stated in an article titled "Research Report Series - Prescription Drugs: Abuse and Addiction" posted on its website (accessed Oct. 13, 2008):

"As the name suggests, stimulants increase alertness, attention, and energy, as well as elevate blood pressure and increase heart rate and respiration. Stimulants historically were used to treat asthma and other respiratory problems, obesity, neurological disorders, and a variety of other ailments."

Oct. 13, 2008 - National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

ruben safir

Nov 27, 2017, 9:19:01 PM11/27/17
On 11/27/2017 12:59 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
> While you are the expert, stimulants as mild as coffee do increase speed and thus performance. Over the long run, powerful stimulants have terrible effects, but then so do many legal and illegal drugs.
>
> https://runnersconnect.net/caffeine-and-running/
>
> Are we going to ban coffee? Where to draw the line.

well, if it is illegal it shouldn't be used for starters BUT steroids
are whole other matter. They are not being taken for their
pharmacological affect. They are used to re-engineer the human species.

They turn on genes to artificially promote muscular and bone growth.

ruben safir

Nov 27, 2017, 9:19:59 PM11/27/17
On 11/27/2017 01:07 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
> And yes, according to top researchers, stimulants are banned in sports because they improve performance.

well they are idiots because abuse of amphetamines cause a loss of
muscle mass and addiction.

Beach Runner

Nov 28, 2017, 12:29:11 AM11/28/17
Actually, stimulants, which include ADHD drugs routinely given to children,
muck about with the neuotransmitters in the synapses, over time causing permanent neurological damage. A child may appear more docile, but it is really child abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY7lQDHSzuM

This documentary is by Dr. Peter Breggins, Harvard MD, a professor at John Hopkins, and led the fight to end the chronic practice of lobotomies, later working against ECT, and here is addressing stimulant drugs given to children. He discusses exactly how they work, and the damage they do.

Yes, you can take any of these drugs, be it cocaine or Ritalin and run faster, of course over time that effect will be lost but there will be
permanent neurological damage.

Unlike real medicine, which is based on evidence-based science, psychiatrists have no real science, no evidence. If a doctor thinks a person has a disease, they can look at the blood or do tests. For example, the concept that depression was caused by chemical imbalance in the brain. This was a marketing ploy by Eli Lilly to sell Prozac with ZERO evidence. For one thing, they can't even measure the neurotransmitters, so how can they say they are out of balance.

I know this diverges from the topic, but it's one of my causes, ending the abuse of using toxic drugs on children. When adults choose to use these stimulants for the high, well at least they are adults doing something really really stupid, but to inflict them on children is abuse.

There is no evidence-based test for ADHD, it's simply a subjective opinion by a psychiatrist, who creates a lifetime customer for the drugs and the psychiatrist.

There are however extensive, evidence-based, replicated, scholarly studies, on the damage to the brain for children that have been on the drug.

Jim S.....

Nov 28, 2017, 9:13:20 PM11/28/17
I know a few drooling idiots who never had a lobotomy.

Beach Runner

Nov 29, 2017, 1:49:30 PM11/29/17
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 6:13:20 PM UTC-8, Jim S..... wrote:
> I know a few drooling idiots who never had a lobotomy.

The REAL health issue, as bad as steroids can be, is the continued practice of youth, school, and college football. I'm not supporting steroid use, but
in order of dangers to Americans, it pales in comparison to football, played according to the rules. So some records are meaningless? Does that compare to destroying the brains of youth?

Every player suffers permanent brain damage. There is no place for it in schools or public supported curriculum. So a kid can get a college education, they destroy their brain.

Adults player4s, you can say they made an informed, albeit stupid choice. But high school or even Pal football is criminal neglect.

Would you trade your brain for any amount of money?

Yes, some steroid users have health issues. Yes, it's unfair. Other steroid users have had great careers, no major health issues and became a governor of California, the most progressive state in the nation.

Why not focus energy where it belongs, brain damage from football, and heading in soccer?

End youth football NOW. My progressive town of Davis, CA has already banned heading in soccer and is in the process of ending tackle football.