Is there a point bringing Wright back?

MetsFanSince71

Jun 29, 2017, 6:32:25 PM6/29/17
should the Mets release him and try to sign Evan Longoria?

Hass

Jun 29, 2017, 7:01:28 PM6/29/17
On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 5:32:25 PM UTC-5, MetsFanSince71 wrote:
> should the Mets release him and try to sign Evan Longoria?

Wright will miraculously play 5 or 6 games in Sept...just enough for this idiotic coaching staff and front office to declare him the starting 3rd baseman for 2018. Therefore, no move for a legit 3rd baseman.

Beach Runner

Jun 30, 2017, 5:12:51 PM6/30/17
The only possible future for him as a player is as a DH, and that's a huge maybe. I'm not even sure he's in good enough health to teach players how to field third base anymore.

What do they want, hope he can come up, hit a bit, and get something for him? At this point they should release him, let him sign on with AL team willing to take a chance.

He just might make an excellent hitting coach. He knows how to make contact and hit to all fields. And, players respect him.

Bill

Jun 30, 2017, 7:08:31 PM6/30/17
They're not going to release him so long as the insurance is paying 75%
of his salary. If they release him, they'd have to pay almost his full
salary while he plays for another team. Say what you like about the
Wilpons, but it would be really foolish and cost them a bundle.

Bill

Popping mad

Jun 30, 2017, 8:07:34 PM6/30/17
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:08:03 -0400, Bill wrote:

> They're not going to release him so long as the insurance is paying 75%
> of his salary. If they release him, they'd have to pay almost his full
> salary while he plays for another team. Say what you like about the
> Wilpons, but it would be really foolish and cost them a bundle.

sounds about right. He needs to be on the disabled list to collect

Beach Runner

Jun 30, 2017, 8:08:12 PM6/30/17
This is I did not know. Is the insurance policy tranferrable with his team?
It seems he'd have much more of a chance in the AL as a DH, but if it hangs the entire contract on the Mets, well he'll remain on the Mets.

Perhaps he'd be a hell of a hitting coach.

Jim S.....

Jul 2, 2017, 12:08:46 PM7/2/17
No

TrumpTrain2020

Jul 2, 2017, 8:27:29 PM7/2/17
He sells tickets, that's a good a reason as any.

Beach Runner

Jul 3, 2017, 2:39:16 AM7/3/17
On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 5:27:29 PM UTC-7, TrumpTrain2020 wrote:
> He sells tickets, that's a good a reason as any.

If he's not playing do you think people are goig to come to see him play?

Do you think they will buy season tickets expecting him to play at this point?

Maybe if he can come back and play a few weeks. He's not even throwing.
He's broken. He's aging. He hasn't fasted major league pitching regularly in years.

Popping mad

Jul 4, 2017, 9:35:37 AM7/4/17
On Sun, 02 Jul 2017 23:39:15 -0700, Beach Runner wrote:

> On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 5:27:29 PM UTC-7, TrumpTrain2020 wrote:
>> He sells tickets, that's a good a reason as any.
>
> If he's not playing do you think people are goig to come to see him
> play?

FWIW - this is probably the same troll putting up anti-Semitic BS right
now. This mental case is snickering because he thinks your a live one.

Beach Runner

Jul 4, 2017, 8:31:57 PM7/4/17
I've reported some hate postings on this list.

Popping mad

Jul 5, 2017, 7:18:20 AM7/5/17
On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 17:31:56 -0700, Beach Runner wrote:

> I've reported some hate postings on this list.

reported to who? this is usenet.

Beach Runner

Jul 5, 2017, 1:22:20 PM7/5/17
Google. They get hidden or removed. These are Google Groups.

ruben safir

Jul 6, 2017, 1:13:51 AM7/6/17
On 07/05/2017 01:22 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
> Google. They get hidden or removed. These are Google Groups.

no they aren't. They are usenet

Beach Runner

Jul 6, 2017, 5:55:05 PM7/6/17
Interesting. I haven't used a usenet news reader in ages.
These are just listed as google groups.

Is this also a Newsgroup?

ruben safir

Jul 7, 2017, 1:10:34 AM7/7/17
On 07/06/2017 05:55 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
> Interesting. I haven't used a usenet news reader in ages.
> These are just listed as google groups.
>
> Is this also a Newsgroup?

alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets

Beach Runner

Jul 7, 2017, 9:23:18 AM7/7/17
Years back I accessed, but if you go through google, it is simply a google group. Haven't used Unix or even a VMS based Newsreader in years. It's as if Usenet has disappeared.