Nolan Arenado

ruben safir

Mar 29, 2017, 11:16:17 AM3/29/17
Harvey, Wheeler, Gsellman and Largaras for Nolan Arenado

Hass

Mar 29, 2017, 1:57:19 PM3/29/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 10:16:17 AM UTC-5, ruben safir wrote:
> Harvey, Wheeler, Gsellman and Largaras for Nolan Arenado

LOL!

ruben safir

Mar 29, 2017, 4:24:30 PM3/29/17
I know, it is overpaying but they can afford to.
He is a FA in 2018 and they would need to sign him to a contract for it
to be worth while. Three quality starters is still a lot to give up,
but it is what the Rockies need. Their pitching is in shambles.

Largaras can do great to roam CF in Colorado which is a huge OF. It is
overpaying.

Beach Runner

Mar 30, 2017, 10:26:37 AM3/30/17
I think Gsellman had the potential to be rookie of the year, he may end up one of their best pitchers. He has the best curveball on the team, the most rotations in the majors. He could absolutely dominate.

Wheeler has been starting to show his old stuff. He's he's back, he's proven
to be an Ace. Of course, with his history, there is a risk. A team with a great need for starting pitchers will overpay for him.

If Granderson is playing Center Field, they'll need Largeres to protect leads, pinch run. Even if Conforto plays center, with a lead, Largeres is still the defensive replacement, and Conforto can move to right.

Bruce, playing regularly is the piece to go, keep Gsellman. You can never have enough pitching. Not with Gsellman's potential. He's healthy and young with guts and great stuff.

I think their greatest need is a real defensive catcher, that could handle this young pitching staff, stop the running game, and can handle balls in the dirt. A package could include Bruce, Duda, Wheeler, Travis d'Arnaud. Rivera only looks like a defensive catcher compared to d'Arnaud who is horrible.

Jim S.....

Mar 30, 2017, 9:36:10 PM3/30/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 11:16:17 AM UTC-4, ruben safir wrote:
> Harvey, Wheeler, Gsellman and Largaras for Nolan Arenado

Why not Syndergaard and Degrom.....get rid of ALL the pitchers while you're at it

ruben safir

Mar 30, 2017, 10:06:02 PM3/30/17
On 03/30/2017 09:36 PM, Jim S..... wrote:
> Why not Syndergaard and Degrom.....get rid of ALL the pitchers while you're at it

your an idiot. I just want to remind you of that.

tmp

Apr 1, 2017, 9:34:02 AM4/1/17
As for Wheeler, anyone who walks almost 4 batters per 9 innings is no ace, proven or otherwise. Not saying he can't become one. He does have the arm, assuming he holds up physically.

The OF who most needs to come out for defense in late innings is Bruce in RF. Granderson may have lost a little speed, but he's still a very solid defensive outfielder who tracks the ball very well out there. They'll probably be moving him to RF to replace Bruce, and bring in Lagares to play CF.

Popping mad

Apr 1, 2017, 1:14:27 PM4/1/17
On Sat, 01 Apr 2017 06:34:01 -0700, tmp wrote:

> The OF who most needs to come out for defense in late innings is Bruce
> in RF.

it won't be necessary if they put him on waivers

ruben safir

Apr 1, 2017, 6:04:14 PM4/1/17
On 04/01/2017 09:34 AM, tmp wrote:
> real defensive catcher,

I'm not giving a bag os crackjacks for that.

ruben safir

Apr 1, 2017, 6:04:52 PM4/1/17
On 04/01/2017 09:34 AM, tmp wrote:
> As for Wheeler, anyone who walks almost 4 batters per 9 innings is no ace,

he is the 7th inning man.

Beach Runner

Apr 2, 2017, 7:00:48 AM4/2/17
The issue is age. Bruce is 30, Granderson is 36. That's why Granderson needs more rest. Granderson amazed me with his CF defense at his age.
He plays with smarts. That man has a great brain.

Don't worry, Bruce will be traded if he hits.

ruben safir

Apr 2, 2017, 7:46:55 AM4/2/17
On 04/02/2017 07:00 AM, Beach Runner wrote:
> Don't worry, Bruce will be traded if he hits.

or not. Its not like he doesn't have a track record and that record
clear shows he is a below average RFer with occasional pop and poor
defensive metrics. He is not worth ANYTHING of value. We gave nothing
for him.

tmp

Apr 2, 2017, 11:55:38 AM4/2/17
They are more likely to rest Granderson by giving him days off, rather than by taking him out in the late innings for "defense", while leaving an inferior defensive outfielder (Bruce) in the game.

ruben safir

Apr 2, 2017, 9:58:25 PM4/2/17
On 04/02/2017 11:55 AM, tmp wrote:
> They are more likely to rest Granderson by giving him days off, rather than by taking him out in the late innings for "defense", while leaving an inferior defensive outfielder (Bruce) in the game.

the surprise was that Conforto is a very good OFer

Beach Runner

Apr 3, 2017, 6:37:37 AM4/3/17
He lacks speed, but showed great instincts out there. He made diving catchers that Largers would have made look easy. CF is not his best
position. However, he plays CF well enough to lead the Mets to a World Series.

You underrate Bruce when you ignore his RBI and RUN production. He'll be attractive to some team needing a power hitter. Problem solved.

Ideally, Conforto is in right, and they get a real center fielder when Granderson's. Maybe Nimo will play CF in 2018.
contract is finished. Then, Granderson's got the smarts to be an incredible
bench player and pinch hitter.

Jim S.....

Apr 3, 2017, 6:30:19 PM4/3/17
I'm not the idiot who wants to give away a shit load for a guy who probably has inflated numbers due to Coors Field....Good thing you're not a GM

Jim S.....

Apr 3, 2017, 6:31:27 PM4/3/17
And when you call someone an idiot you should use you're...Otherwise you look like an idiot. 😀