Hall of somewhat decent

ruben safir

Dec 9, 2018, 11:19:40 PM12/9/18
Harold Baines and Lee Smith have been elected to the National Baseball
Hall Of Fame, as announced on the MLB Network. The two longtime
veterans were voted in by a 16-member panel reviewing candidates from
the “Today’s Game” era (1988-present).

Now tell me how they keep Keith Hernandez and Gil Hodges out of the HoF?

*ernie

Dec 10, 2018, 10:39:48 PM12/10/18
On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 23:18:53 -0500, ruben safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
wrote:
I don't like seeing anyone get in who didn't gain entry the first time
around. Yes, there are some like both Hernandez and Hodges who
arguably do belong, but it cheapens the entire process when players
can slip in through the back door. The HOF should be reserved only for
the elite in their respective roles.

Bob4Health

Dec 10, 2018, 11:18:43 PM12/10/18
Hernandez BELONGS in the Hall of Fame. On a scale from 1-10 on defense he's about a 76, because he not only played great first base, he took over the infield.

He was an excellent, clutch hitter that won a batting championship.

And, he was key in going to the post season.

He had a .296 lifetime Batting Average, 11 gold gloves, 5 All Star selections, and won an MVP.

But, as stated, his defense gets him in.

Bob4Health

Dec 11, 2018, 8:24:52 AM12/11/18

*ernie

Dec 11, 2018, 3:57:19 PM12/11/18
Keith Hernandez probably has no bigger fan than I, but if he couldn't
get in those years he was eligible, he doesn't belong. Personally I
thought the whole process was cheapened when they let Phil Rizzuto in
as a shortstop instead of a broadcaster.