worried about harvey yet?

ruben safir

Mar 20, 2017, 9:55:01 PM3/20/17
gave up 3 more runs today

Beach Runner

Mar 21, 2017, 1:22:19 AM3/21/17
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 6:55:01 PM UTC-7, ruben safir wrote:
> gave up 3 more runs today

It was his best outing to date. He lowered his era.

You were right, the Mets should have traded him a year ago.

Harvey will have to adjust to be successful again.

Popping mad

Mar 21, 2017, 11:53:12 AM3/21/17
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 22:22:18 -0700, Beach Runner wrote:

> You were right, the Mets should have traded him a year ago.

what made that right though was that he doesn't want to be here and his
agent sucks.

Ruben Safir

Mar 27, 2017, 9:53:18 AM3/27/17
He is actually looking good now. If they can stretch innings from the
big three, get them into the 8th, it will be tough to beat them.

Ruben

Beach Runner

Mar 27, 2017, 7:48:05 PM3/27/17
I was going to comment, Harvey is surprisingly looking like he can pitch,

He has enough experience to win without throwing hard all stuff, and yet he's hit 97 again. Sneak that in.

He could be useful.

Wheeeler may be ready. If he can return to form, he will make a huge contribution. He too has clocked some amazing pitches.

Matz is hurting all ready.

Gselman has done great.

Sydergaurd and Degroom have been awesome.

Montero is the biggest surprise of spring starters.

Lugo will probably be used in the pen.

Don't be surprised to see Collins use a 6 man rotation.

ruben safir

Mar 27, 2017, 9:43:58 PM3/27/17
On 03/27/2017 07:48 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
> Wheeeler may be ready. If he can return to form, he will make a huge contribution.

Wheeler has always had control problems and he is often wild in the
strike zone. I still think he is our best middle man out of the pen
but you saw Lugo get lit up today. Hopefully, that is a learning lesson
for this.

> Matz is hurting all ready.

I'm not worried about this.

> Gselman has done great.

I'm worried about this. I know it is counter intuitive because he has
pitched well in Spring but last years call up was largely against 3A
talent in the Braves and Phillies. I won't be sold on him until I see a
sub 3 ERA in July.

> Sydergaurd and Degroom have been awesome.

Degrom is the ACE of this staff.

> Montero is the biggest surprise of spring starters.

Trade bait right now. I'd get anything I can for him right now.

> Lugo will probably be used in the pen.
>
> Don't be surprised to see Collins use a 6 man rotation.

or 7?

Beach Runner

Mar 28, 2017, 6:13:14 PM3/28/17
I think Gsellman showed a lot.

Your comment on using Montero as trade bait is interesting.
Perhaps he cold be packed with Bruce?

ruben safir

Mar 28, 2017, 10:18:50 PM3/28/17
On 03/28/2017 06:13 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
> Your comment on using Montero as trade bait is interesting.
> Perhaps he cold be packed with Bruce?

they need a sweetner with Bruce, and they have enough parts, but I'm
afraid of who they might include. That's why I'd rather just cut him.
I don't really want anyone back who is available right now, unless we
swing a trade for Bryce Harper. I do not, for example, want Paul
Goldschmidt based on his age. We can use a catcher, but I don't think
there is one available, and trading for established catchers is a losing
proposition usually. The CFer in Arizona is great, but we don't need
him. I'd love Giancarlo Stanton but that contract is insane....not the
money but the length. Nolan Arenado might be a player worth packaging,
A Package of Bruce, Montero, Wheeler, and Cecchinini (who I don't want
to give up). We could even add Lugo and/Rivera