Swept in Atlanta

tmp

Jun 13, 2018, 5:05:17 PM6/13/18
Mets get 2 whole hits, score 0 runs, and lose 2-0. deGrom gives up 1 run in 7 IP, but is victimized yet again by this sad sack collection of "hitters".

They gave the stats on SNY last night about how bad the hitting has been for the Mets. I forget the details, but you have to go back about a century to find anything comparable.

Anyone want to start a pool on what their next move will be? I say they will fire the hitting coach (again). Of course, that's not likely to change anything, but at least it cannot possibly make it any worse.

ruben safir

Jun 14, 2018, 11:18:27 PM6/14/18
This team looks more and more like the Cubs... the announcers are more
important than the team

*ernie

Jun 14, 2018, 11:25:34 PM6/14/18
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:18:26 -0400, ruben safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
wrote:
If Jane Jarvis were still around, she'd be more important than the
team they have now.

tmp

Jun 15, 2018, 2:47:47 PM6/15/18
If anyone's looking for a positive sign, Conforto's home run last night looked like classic Conforto. A 445 foot blast to left center.

Bob4Health

Jun 15, 2018, 9:20:52 PM6/15/18
> If anyone's looking for a positive sign, Conforto's home run last night looked like classic Conforto. A 445-foot blast to left center.

You sound like a Mets announcer from the 60s, always looking for something positive to say. Usually, it was a great try for a ball that they missed,
or a great swing.

Except in this case, it would be nice if he continued.

tmp

Jun 16, 2018, 2:34:26 AM6/16/18
Right, I'd still like to see Conforto have a good career. And he still has the swing to do it.

tmp

Jun 16, 2018, 8:48:33 AM6/16/18
On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 9:20:52 PM UTC-4, Bob4Health wrote:
If you have seen some of my other posts, you can see that's not true. I'm extremely negative about this organization, and I can't see anything getting much better as long as the Wilpons own the team, which apparently will be fucking forever. As far as I know, they are training the grandkids to run it. God help us!

So what's left? Well, once in a while, these clowns actually do something right by accident and get ahold of a good player or two. So I root for the few good players they have. Those poor souls need all the moral support they can get.