syndergaard lost through this tough schedule

ruben safir

Jun 16, 2019, 12:44:19 AM6/16/19
Noah Syndergaard Leaves Game Due To Hamstring Strain

By Mark Polishuk | June 15, 2019 at 9:37pm CDT

Mets ace Noah Syndergaard left tonight’s start due to a right hamstring
strain, the team announced. The injury took place during the seventh
inning, as Syndergaard came up limping after a play that saw the
Cardinals’ Yairo Munoz steal second base. The right-hander was
immediately removed from the game after a visit from the trainer. An IL
stint seems likely, since the description of the injury as a strain (as
noted by Newsday’s Tim Healey) indicates a certain amount of severity.

Syndergaard hasn’t quite pitched up to his usual ace-like levels in
2019, with only a 4.45 ERA over 95 innings for New York. ERA indicators
(3.56 FIP, 3.95 xFIP, 3.96 SIERA) are a bit more impressed by his
performance, though overall, Syndergaard’s K/9, home run rate,
swinging-strike rate, and hard-hit ball rate have all gone in the wrong
direction from his 2018 numbers. That said, most of Syndergaard’s
problems took place during a rough April, and he has since largely
gotten on track over his last nine outings.

*ernie

Jun 16, 2019, 1:22:48 PM6/16/19
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 00:42:36 -0400, ruben safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
wrote:
That's a tough loss. Syndergaard is a proven commodity who only
enhances the team's chances of being a playoff contender. He's had a
tough season so far, but seemed to be coming around. I hope he's not
out too long.

Hass

Jun 16, 2019, 4:04:02 PM6/16/19
Now Varg-ace goes down, albeit with (hopefully) just a cramp. So happy Flexen is back too! (that was sarcasm btw)

tmp

Jun 18, 2019, 12:14:32 PM6/18/19
Flexen, oh yeah. Now we're cooking. I guess he (and his 8.70 ERA) qualify as Exhibit A for this "great depth" that we've been hearing about all season.

Or maybe it's Brooks Pounders. He's much better. His career ERA is 8.62.

Yikes!

ruben safir

Jun 19, 2019, 4:26:02 PM6/19/19

QUOTE
Lockett's minor league profile shows he can help the Mets by pitching in
a different way than most of the other pitchers on the team do. Lockett
has a 53.7 percent ground ball rate for his minor league career, which
is higher than any pitcher on the Mets right now.

I hope he can keep it away from SS.