David Wright plays 4 innings in final start

TrumpTrain2020

Sep 29, 2018, 9:06:44 PM9/29/18
The Captain!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24838358/david-wright-new-york-mets-makes-final-start

Mets' David Wright plays four innings in final career start
8:00 PM CT
ESPN News Services

New York Mets third baseman David Wright made his first start in the
major leagues since 2016 on Saturday, playing four innings against the
Miami Marlins and leaving to a standing ovation from the sold-out
crowd at Citi Field.

The team captain went 0 for 1 with a walk against the Marlins and was
removed after two plate appearances as planned. On defense, he handled
a one-hopper to third base with no problem.

Wright, who fouled out to first base his final time up, took his
position before the top of the fifth inning. Mets manager Mickey
Callaway then came out of the dugout to make a lineup change, and
Wright began his slow walk off the field.

As he exited, Wright shook hands with third-base umpire Mike Winters,
saluted and thumped his chest toward fans and he hugged each of his
teammates who poured out of the dugout to salute the captain.

David Wright went out to third base by himself to start Saturday
night's game, then was greeted by Jose Reyes as a sold-out Citi Field
showed its appreciation with a massive ovation.

Wright later appeared in the SNY broadcast booth and described his
farewell with the franchise as "incredible" and "emotional."
"Mets fans, the city, have gone over the top with this. I didn't know
what to expect tonight. I thought I got all of my tears out, but I got
in that clubhouse (after leaving the game) and they started flowing
again," he said. "What a night."

"If I could say thank you a million time to these fans, this city,
this organization ... it's first class," he said.
On Friday, Wright made his first appearance in the majors since May
2016, appearing as a pinch hitter against the Marlins. He has battled
neck, back and shoulder injuries that required surgery.

Wright has played his entire career with the Mets after they selected
him with a supplemental pick in the first round of the 2001 draft.
He made his major league debut at age 21 in 2004, and went on to be
named to seven All-Star Games. He won two Gold Gloves and a pair of
Silver Slugger awards in 2007 and 2008.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Miloch

Sep 29, 2018, 9:54:48 PM9/29/18
In article <5bb02146....@news.easynews.com>, TrumpTrain2020 says...

>The Captain!
>
>http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24838358/david-wright-new-york-mets-makes-final-start
>

>Mets' David Wright plays four innings in final career start
>8:00 PM CT
>ESPN News Services
>
>New York Mets third baseman David Wright made his first start in the
>major leagues since 2016 on Saturday, playing four innings against the
>Miami Marlins and leaving to a standing ovation from the sold-out
>crowd at Citi Field.

The Mets ain't goin' nowhere without Casey Stengel...

"The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from
those who are still undecided."

*